+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ABC News finally admits : The Surge is working

ABC News is beginning to report what it can't ignore anymore: the surge is working. Will the rest of the MSM follow suit and report on this obvious good news? Who knows, but at least ABC News is.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=3001578
    Originally posted by Americanadian
    Palin: Omit the "i" and you're left with "Pain".

dchristie is offline Challenge Authority User Rank

Re: ABC News finally admits : The Surge is working

Quote Originally Posted by franKg
    ABC News is beginning to report what it can't ignore anymore: the surge is working. Will the rest of the MSM follow suit and report on this obvious good news? Who knows, but at least ABC News is.

LOL..Yeah right. A few hundred or thousand more US Troops dead, another few thousand maimed for life and another few hundred billion dollars down the sewer for nothing.

Yep, To a criminally insane, treasonous sack of fetid worm sh!t like Frankie, it's all working just perfectly.
    Last edited by dchristie; 04-05-2007 at 06:38 AM.

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by dchristie
    LOL..Yeah right. A few hundred or thousand more US Troops dead, another few thousand maimed for life and another few hundred billion dollars down the sewer for nothing.

Yep, To a criminally insane, treasonous sack of fetid worm sh!t like Frankie, it's all working just perfectly.
    I wonder what kind of threat it took from the GOP to turn A-B-C into F-O-X?

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by franKg

Maybe... or... maybe it's still too soon to accurately tell. I know that a common sense move at this time would be for the insurgency to 'lay-low' and wait for the surge forces to be placed... then re-evaluate and plan accordingly.
    They cannot stand and fight "toe-to-toe" due to a lack of manpower and firepower. The smart move would be to wait and see... then attack weakness.
    I think ABC is counting the chicks before the eggs hatch.

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask

Lady Mod

They've always been like that.. only a bit more surreptitious about it. During the run up to BushCo's illegal invasion of Iraq, they were pounding the war drums like they were going out of style. They also own a network of AM talk radio stations across the country which features a stable of demented Monkey Traitors like G Gordon Liddy and Brent "Bozo" Bozell. They relentlessly spew right-wing poison over our publicly owned air-waves from dawn to dark. The company was overrun by Zionist Neo-Con Traitors years ago shortly after Walt died and arch Zionist conspirator, Eisner, took over. He turned it into a stealth FOX "News". The difference between them is ABC makes a pretense of having an audience with an IQ over 40.
    Last edited by dchristie; 04-05-2007 at 07:10 AM.

Lady Mod

This is very curious to me. You actually do not want success over there! You get mad at me when I imply that you do not really care about the soldiers, then you react like this when there is any progress reported. Angry!

You know for a FACT that no one puts pressure on these media scum...believe me, they hate this country and this president more than you ever could. They have demonstrably refused to report ANY progress over there from the very beginning. I am always surprised for some reason when you pipe up with christie-like hatred for your own military. I expect it from him.

What must it be like to live that way? To only be happy when there is bad news? I really feel for you.

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    This is very curious to me. You actually do not want success over there! You get mad at me when I imply that you do not really care about the soldiers, then you react like this when there is any progress reported. Angry!

You know for a FACT that no one puts pressure on these media scum...believe me, they hate this country and this president more than you ever could. They have demonstrably refused to report ANY progress over there from the very beginning. I am always surprised for some reason when you pipe up with christie-like hatred for your own military. I expect it from him.

What must it be like to live that way? To only be happy when there is bad news? I really feel for you.
    isnt it a bit obvious by now that 3 days worth of "good news" (which means only 10 bombings this week instead of 30) doesnt mean anything?

the only "good news" we want to hear is "ZERO BOMBINGS THIS WEEK, AMERICAN FORCES COMING HOME, IRAQIS REALIZE THEY ARE BOMBING EACH OTHER".

btw, are those extra 30k troops in Iraq yet?

if that what it takes to LOWER, not END, the bombings, i dont see how that is good news at all...its more sad than anything else.

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone

So success equals reporting lying propaganda now?

Pwrone, you can't believe anything that is said about Iraq or the war these days. Why pray tell would you even equate that to not supporting the troops?
    The whole damned war is one big lie and our soldiers are getting killed and sacrificed because of it.

Get a clue.

Lady Mod

Cerfew 10PM instead of 6 all is well!!!

So success equals reporting lying propaganda now?

Pwrone, you can't believe anything that is said about Iraq or the war these days. Why pray tell would you even equate that to not supporting the troops?
    The whole damned war is one big lie and our soldiers are getting killed and sacrificed because of it.

Get a clue.

Lady Mod

You have to realize that neo-cons have no concept of the cost of war. It matters not to them if they "win" in Iraq, but turn the middle east into a spawning ground for ever increasing terrorism. While Democrats and Republicans argue over whether the war in Iraq can be won, an important question goes unanswered: Can we afford to win?

So much of the talk about this war has been about differences in religion and culture, we forget that the real reason we are fighting has to do with economics.

If there were no oil in the Middle East, we wouldn't be there. There also wouldn't be rich Saudis like Osama bin Laden planning attacks on us, or corrupt dictators with billions in petrodollars to spend on weapons of mass destruction purchased from us. The reason we fight for oil is economics. Our economy needs oil to survive, the cheaper the better. Securing that supply of oil is a priority. That's why the neo-cons don't care about a few thousand dead Americans. That's why the neo-cons don't care about the festering hate they're breeding in the Middle East against us. And that's why the neo-cons don't care that the money we are spending to pursue this war, and pay for its aftermath, may be the final straw that breaks our back.
    Too many of these feeble-minded Republicans are thinking about their political futures instead of our future.

Quote Originally Posted by UserName
    You have to realize that neo-cons have no concept of the cost of war. It matters not to them if they "win" in Iraq, but turn the middle east into a spawning ground for ever increasing terrorism. While Democrats and Republicans argue over whether the war in Iraq can be won, an important question goes unanswered: Can we afford to win?

So much of the talk about this war has been about differences in religion and culture, we forget that the real reason we are fighting has to do with economics.

If there were no oil in the Middle East, we wouldn't be there. There also wouldn't be rich Saudis like Osama bin Laden planning attacks on us, or corrupt dictators with billions in petrodollars to spend on weapons of mass destruction purchased from us. The reason we fight for oil is economics. Our economy needs oil to survive, the cheaper the better. Securing that supply of oil is a priority. That's why the neo-cons don't care about a few thousand dead Americans. That's why the neo-cons don't care about the festering hate they're breeding in the Middle East against us. And that's why the neo-cons don't care that the money we are spending to pursue this war, and pay for its aftermath, may be the final straw that breaks our back.
    Too many of these feeble-minded Republicans are thinking about their political futures instead of our future.
    You absolutely nailed this one username. And the real problem is that the enemy recognized this and created a strategy to defeat the US. A strategy, by the way, that the neo cons fell right into.

Bin Laden: Goal is to bankrupt U.S.
    Al-Jazeera releases full transcript of al Qaeda leader's tape

(CNN) -- The Arabic-language network Al-Jazeera released a full transcript Monday of the most recent videotape from Osama bin Laden in which the head of al Qaeda said his group's goal is to force America into bankruptcy.

Al-Jazeera aired portions of the videotape Friday but released the full transcript of the entire tape on its Web site Monday.

"We are continuing this policy in bleeding America to the point of bankruptcy. Allah willing, and nothing is too great for Allah," bin Laden said in the transcript.

He said the mujahedeen fighters did the same thing to the Soviet Union in Afghanistan in the 1980s, "using guerrilla warfare and the war of attrition to fight tyrannical superpowers."

"We, alongside the mujahedeen, bled Russia for 10 years until it went bankrupt and was forced to withdraw in defeat," bin Laden said.

He also said al Qaeda has found it "easy for us to provoke and bait this administration."

"All that we have to do is to send two mujahedeen to the furthest point east to raise a piece of cloth on which is written al Qaeda, in order to make generals race there to cause America to suffer human, economic and political losses without their achieving anything of note other than some benefits for their private corporations," bin Laden said.

SNIP

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/...binladen.tape/

I'm sick of being told that because this Iraq strategy PLAINLY IS NOT WORKING, and WE SHOULD GET OUT BECAUSE I DON'T WANT ANY MORE OF OUR SOLDIERS DEAD, that I simply want the US to fail.

We have already failed. We failed in the first weeks of post-invasion with the CPA. I've been there, the surge isn't working. McCain and his entourage of 100 troops and 5 Apaches just to go to the Baghdad market, he knows it isn't working.

The last people on Earth on board with this dismal plan seem to be the three people on scam.com and people on neocon thinktank payrolls.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmatthews
    I'm sick of being told that because this Iraq strategy PLAINLY IS NOT WORKING, and WE SHOULD GET OUT BECAUSE I DON'T WANT ANY MORE OF OUR SOLDIERS DEAD, that I simply want the US to fail.

We have already failed. We failed in the first weeks of post-invasion with the CPA. I've been there, the surge isn't working. McCain and his entourage of 100 troops and 5 Apaches just to go to the Baghdad market, he knows it isn't working.

The last people on Earth on board with this dismal plan seem to be the three people on scam.com and people on neocon thinktank payrolls.

And what do you call it when a US Senator on the American Taxpayer's payroll looks into the media cameras - with a straight face - and reports what he knows to be a bald faced flat our lie about a bloody War to the American People into which their sons and daughters are to be sent? Here's a clue. It starts with "T" and rhymes with reason.

We started this war for all the wrong reasons, now we should end it for all the right ones.