+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 28

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,215

    Peanut Butter Disproves Evolution

    I wasn't sure whether to post this under science, religion, or joke of the day. Anyway, it's a prime example of the tripe that festers from creationist websites. After watching it, I became physically ill. But cleaning the vomit from the corner of my mouth was made easier, due to the fact that I was still LMAO.

    http://www.glumbert.com/media/peanutbutter
    "Science is evidence without proof. Creationism is proof without evidence."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,548

    Re: Peanut Butter Disproves Evolution

    I'm afraid to watch it now lee. I hate vomiting and I love peanut butter. Maybe the next time I get drunk. Though I don't drink so we'll see. :D
    The terminally stupid and certifiably insane.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,215

    Re: Peanut Butter Disproves Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by bogie
    I'm afraid to watch it now lee. I hate vomiting and I love peanut butter. Maybe the next time I get drunk. Though I don't drink so we'll see. :D
    I may have exaggerated the effects of watching it. I should've probably just described it as "2 minutes of pure BS, from your friends, the creationists". It just didn't sound "vile" enough, lol.
    "Science is evidence without proof. Creationism is proof without evidence."

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,548

    Re: Peanut Butter Disproves Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Leeguana
    I may have exaggerated the effects of watching it. I should've probably just described it as "2 minutes of pure BS, from your friends, the creationists". It just didn't sound "vile" enough, lol.
    Yeah, you exagerated. That's funny. Exactly the kind of "scientific reasoning" that the faithful use. Now I'm going to make a P,B&J sandwich and chase it with a glass of moo juice. :D
    The terminally stupid and certifiably insane.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: Peanut Butter Disproves Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Leeguana
    I may have exaggerated the effects of watching it. I should've probably just described it as "2 minutes of pure BS, from your friends, the creationists". It just didn't sound "vile" enough, lol.
    let me guess!?you hate/vomit over telatubbies too!?hehe!!.....just askin...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: Peanut Butter Disproves Evolution

    OH RIGHT!?GREAT EXAMPLE!?like there arn't enough QUACKS in the field of science!?(COLD FUSION ANYONE!?)and i cant watch the video but will guess you picked it for EFFECT!?hehe!!....just askin...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,215

    Re: Peanut Butter Disproves Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    OH RIGHT!?GREAT EXAMPLE!?like there arn't enough QUACKS in the field of science!?(COLD FUSION ANYONE!?)and i cant watch the video but will guess you picked it for EFFECT!?hehe!!....just askin...
    Good guess, you are correct sir! I don't mind creationsists teaching creationism (okay that's not true, it actually bugs me a little), but I hate it when they try to disprove science using non-science. :)

    Since you can't watch the video: In a nutshell, a creationist opens a sealed jar of peanut butter, does not find "new life" inside the jar, and concludes that this disproves any attempts by science to explain the origins of life on earth. Guess he's never heard of the "scientific method" . . . :(
    "Science is evidence without proof. Creationism is proof without evidence."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    228

    Re: Peanut Butter Disproves Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Leeguana
    Good guess, you are correct sir! I don't mind creationsists teaching creationism (okay that's not true, it actually bugs me a little), but I hate it when they try to disprove science using non-science. :)

    Since you can't watch the video: In a nutshell, a creationist opens a sealed jar of peanut butter, does not find "new life" inside the jar, and concludes that this disproves any attempts by science to explain the origins of life on earth. Guess he's never heard of the "scientific method" . . . :(
    It's worse than that. He's never heard of microscopic organisms. Even if abiogenesis were occuring in peanut butter, why would he imagine he could see it with his naked eye?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,215

    Re: Peanut Butter Disproves Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Parcival
    It's worse than that. He's never heard of microscopic organisms. Even if abiogenesis were occuring in peanut butter, why would he imagine he could see it with his naked eye?
    "Hundreds of people have contracted salmonella poisoning from contaminated jars of peanut butter, the FDA announced last week. ConAgra, the manufacturer responsible for the outbreak, will shell out more than $50 million to recall all of the Peter Pan and Wal-Mart "Great Value" brand peanut butter made at its plant in Sylvester, Ga."
    http://www.slate.com/id/2160235/

    The naked eye of the creationist sees all . . . :rolleyes:
    "Science is evidence without proof. Creationism is proof without evidence."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,840

    Re: Peanut Butter Disproves Evolution

    I didnt watch the video and peanuts are actualy carsogenic and contain the Affa toxin, sorry I dont know how to speall it peanuts are not th ebest nuts to be consuming.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,215

    Re: Peanut Butter Disproves Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy
    I didnt watch the video and peanuts are actualy carsogenic and contain the Affa toxin, sorry I dont know how to speall it peanuts are not th ebest nuts to be consuming.
    This thread has absolutely nothing to do with the nutritional value of peanuts. But thanks for the tip. :)
    "Science is evidence without proof. Creationism is proof without evidence."

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,553

    Re: Peanut Butter Disproves Evolution

    Life will not "evolve" in a jar of peanut butter that is on the grocery store shelf... the jar is sealed... no oxygen.

    However, a quick look at the food on the back of the shelf in a refrigerator and you will more than prove the viability of evolution... especially when the 'new life form' moves toward the open door!!! :eek:

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,548

    Re: Peanut Butter Disproves Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulM
    Life will not "evolve" in a jar of peanut butter that is on the grocery store shelf... the jar is sealed... no oxygen.

    However, a quick look at the food on the back of the shelf in a refrigerator and you will more than prove the viability of evolution... especially when the 'new life form' moves toward the open door!!! :eek:
    That's not old food on the back of the shelf. That's my science experiment. :D
    The terminally stupid and certifiably insane.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    1,471

    Re: Peanut Butter Disproves Evolution

    It could be meat, it could be cake...I know, it's meat cake...whoops George's thought for the day got loose on me...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    345

    Re: Peanut Butter Disproves Evolution

    you see, in the original genesis story, there were no peanut plants, only peanut butter trees. Adam was too weak to open a jar of peanut butter, so God created Steve. The first two humans were Adam and Steve, that's where the name homosapien came from. God then realised that he hates homos, so Eve was created. Eve then ate the fruit and unleashed sin on the world. So indirectly, the jar of peanut butter was the cause of sin. that's why God refused to create new life in the jar (of peanut butter). The salmonella poisoning is the result of his wrath on peanut butter eaters. :D :D :D
    "Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held. Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin. Believe nothing just because someone else believes it. Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true."

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: Peanut Butter Disproves Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Parcival
    It's worse than that. He's never heard of microscopic organisms. Even if abiogenesis were occuring in peanut butter, why would he imagine he could see it with his naked eye?
    hey!!i just thought of a(you name it!?).....if the mighty unseen germ can topple the great and large man!?then......an even smaller and IMPOSSIBLE to see god can run the whole thing!?(size matters!?)hehe!!......just askin.....

Similar Threads

  1. Captain Clucks Peanut Butter Pickles are a total fraud, scam, ripoff!
    By ih8peanutbutterpickles in forum Internet Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-05-2013, 08:49 PM
  2. Peanut Butter & Public Schools
    By lisan23 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-25-2010, 04:51 PM
  3. Dragon Butter
    By Paladine in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-15-2008, 08:13 AM
  4. Peanut farmer has gone nuts!
    By Grim17 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-09-2008, 06:25 PM
  5. Dawkins Disproves Himself
    By Ronald in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-24-2007, 11:11 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •