View Poll Results: What have you done about cults and religious sects?

Voters
2. This poll is closed
  • Ignored them, hoping they would stop.

1 50.00%
  • Contacted local authorities.

0 0%
  • Contacted the Better Business Bureau.

1 50.00%
  • Contacted another agency.

0 0%
Closed Thread

I too, received Letters from Nouveau Tech Society

I recieved letters too, from this Society, and has bothered me, from the get go! Telling they know who I am, and I was secretly chosen, "one of the chosen," and wanting $135.00 to get their 1000 page "secret," to wealth, luxury and personal gain, for life and . And that I had to act by the following Friday, or I would lose out on opportunity, to change my life forever. I have received letters from a a John Stoneheart, from the desk of Sean McDermott, and Jeff Hansen-Director of Membership.
    When I was going to St. Augustine Tech-Putnam Campus, I was repeatedly interrupted, on the class computers, by Heavens Gate trying to recruit me....They all supposedly, killed them selves. And I had several members of my family that were at Mt. Caramel (Branch Davidians). These letters are upsetting me to the point I'm tossing and turning, actually losing sleep out of fear I guess-but definately loosing sleep, and I think I may even have to contact the FBI.
    I've received just the three letters so far, all from different peoiple-for $135.00 I can live without their secret handed down form ancient times through the centuries (7000 BC) and generation to generation.
    My letters are stamped "DOMESTIC FIRST CLASS FOREIGN AIRMAIL,"
    but sent from zip code 43123. If I'm not mistaken, I believe them to be a cult from Iraq with membership 600 strong. I may be wrong but, and if I am, my apologies!

Does anyone Know what I'm talking about?

Athenian Society

Did a search here for the Athenian Society and found nothing. Great! My experience with them has been positive. Basically, got a first class mail piece from the Athenian Society. It offered a free 58-page book which I sent off for. Came a few weeks later with a pitch for some more literature. I rarely go in for such things, but it seemed, well... different. The first of several books arrived and I have to say I'm pleasanly surprised -- the literature is unique. If you want a different read, this group may be for you! YMMV.

Re: Athenian Society

Oooo-k
    the literature is unique
    " Yes Socrates himself is particularly missed...
    A lovely little thinker but a b-gger when he's p-ssed!"
    Monty Python

Well, I will go on record saying I bought the material and to me it is the most valuable work I have ever read and the best investment I have ever made! It is obvious that the creators of the Athenian material worked long and hard to create this type of value.

"First class" mail? Check.

58-page booklet? Check.

"Free" secrets involves giving not-so-free money to buy books? Check!

Now, why does the Athenian Society sound so suspiciously similar to the Neo-Tech/Nouveau-Tech Secret Society scam? Hmm.

How much did the book cost?

Quote Originally Posted by pcwork
    How much did the book cost?

I am going to take a wild guess at it...mind you this is just a ball park figure and I have no knowledge of this "Athenian Society." well with out further ado *drum roll*... $139.99.

Quote Originally Posted by bic

LOL... That is hilarious!
    Yes these people are sock puppets!

TheWhizKids:

:)

Now, besides "Neo-Tech", "Novus-Tek", "Nova-Tech", Nouveau-Tech Secret Society", "Athenian Society" and what not, this Bad Business Bureau report tells us it's also called the "Athenian Secret Society". Yeah, and they've operations in Dover, Delaware. (What about Grove City, Ohio? I don't know, but I'm pretty sure they're there too.)

And their contact is called... guess what... Kirsten Hart!

These scammers are so cheapskate.
    Last edited by bic; 04-16-2007 at 10:47 PM.

Hey Bic, Kristen Hart? Hmmmm… that brings me to this rumor I heard... I don't know if it is true or not... but it sounds like it might be... You know how Neo-Tech's contact is named Barbie Diamond? Now Barbie Diamond has a copyrighted name and a connect the dots picture- sounds fishy right? Surly Barbie Diamond is not a real person... But "she" is! Barbie Diamond is/was another one of Frank's alias! She is/was Frank! Before Frank was tragically struck down by a semi- he use to answer the phones for neo-tech- when he did this he would put on a dress, a bra and woman's pantyhose! He said it helped get him into character...However he would wear this even when he was not playing the role of Barbie Diamond- That is just what I heard.

Now this new "Kristen Hart" is Frank's son dressed in drag... well at least that is the rumor I heard... I don't know if it is true but it sounds like it might be.
    Last edited by TheWhizKids; 04-18-2007 at 10:53 PM.

TheWhizKids:

I'm pretty sure Wallace Sr. didn't need to do that -- after all, he had a wife, Rosa Maria Wallace, who apparently is more worthy of praise than all the entrepreneurs, inventors, philosophers, etc. in the whole world. And it seems she was involved in this scam too.

I wonder if she's still around. If not, then I wonder if Wallace Jr. has a wife or girlfriend or sister who doubles up as Kirsten Hart or Barbie Diamond from time to time. :)

yeah, your right bic... his wife could have been Barbie Diamond... he just wore womens cloths for fun :)

Right. There are supposedly so many "famous actors, singers, billionaires, talk show hosts, Real estate entrepenuers" and others who are "the builders, and creators of society itself", and Wallace decides to specially pick out one person to praise, and that is... his wife!
    LOL
    Last edited by TheWhizKids; 04-26-2007 at 09:15 PM.

I got the same letter. Apparently this company sends stuff out under SEVERAL different names, including Nouveau Tech Society. Same letter, names and addresses but a new name for the organization. I thought it was too good to be true, but I sent in for the silly little book anyways. And low and behold, an ad for more literature. I read in some of the posts that there is a direct link between purchasing a book from Kevin Trudeau and receiving a letter. No surprise there. Kevin secretly supports the Scientology agenda and what a surprise, another organization who uses literature to push their agenda. I am wondering if there is a tie between Dr. Frank Wallace and L. Ron Hubbard?

Re: I too, received Letters from Nouveau Tech Soci

Quote Originally Posted by Susie1 View Post
    I recieved letters too, from this Society, and has bothered me, from the get go! Telling they know who I am, and I was secretly chosen, "one of the chosen," and wanting $135.00 to get their 1000 page "secret," to wealth, luxury and personal gain, for life and . And that I had to act by the following Friday, or I would lose out on opportunity, to change my life forever. I have received letters from a a John Stoneheart, from the desk of Sean McDermott, and Jeff Hansen-Director of Membership.
    When I was going to St. Augustine Tech-Putnam Campus, I was repeatedly interrupted, on the class computers, by Heavens Gate trying to recruit me....They all supposedly, killed them selves. And I had several members of my family that were at Mt. Caramel (Branch Davidians). These letters are upsetting me to the point I'm tossing and turning, actually losing sleep out of fear I guess-but definately loosing sleep, and I think I may even have to contact the FBI.
    I've received just the three letters so far, all from different peoiple-for $135.00 I can live without their secret handed down form ancient times through the centuries (7000 BC) and generation to generation.
    My letters are stamped "DOMESTIC FIRST CLASS FOREIGN AIRMAIL,"
    but sent from zip code 43123. If I'm not mistaken, I believe them to be a cult from Iraq with membership 600 strong. I may be wrong but, and if I am, my apologies!

Does anyone Know what I'm talking about?
    I do not know what you are talking about but I know from experience that this is a legitimate society. Just go into it.
    I have the book and there are 2 others as well. I have met members from all over the country and the world as well. I neevr felt as much real love since before being an active part of this group.

[EMAIL=removed by mod[/EMAIL]

~NVS~
    Last edited by No_Moron_Here; 09-23-2009 at 08:48 PM. Reason: removed email

Quote Originally Posted by NVS View Post
    I do not know what you are talking about but I know from experience that this is a legitimate society. Just go into it.
    I have the book and there are 2 others as well. I have met members from all over the country and the world as well. I neevr felt as much real love since before being an active part of this group.

~NVS~
    So you join a cult. Congratulations.

I got a few letters like this when I was living in Las Vegas.....in 1990! Back then, it was called "New Man", or something similar, and the letters were from an address in Henderson, NV. Different name, basically the same letter. It's nothing but a scam with a weird "New Age" twist. The "secret" is nothing but a bunch of metaphysical bull**** that would confuse Timothy Leary on a good day. I finally had to write back and tell them to p*** off, or I would report them. Never heard from them again. Don't fall for it. You'll just end up with an empty wallet, and 1000 pages of worthless crap.