+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

YTB Stock Crashing....

YTB issued a stock award of over 10 million shares of stock (current price was around $7/share) to their top 31 people.

http://biz.yahoo.com/e/070320/ytbl.pk8-k.html

"An aggregate of 3,241,933 of the Award Shares (or approximately 32.3% of each award) vest immediately on the Grant Date, while up to an additional 6,808,076 Award Shares in the aggregate are subject to vesting in four equal installments of up to 1,702,019 shares each on the first four anniversary dates of the Grant Date. "

Since then the stock has started to tank....

The stock spiked to around 17 in February and came back down to about 8 at the begining of march.

The stock is down about 5% today and 20% in the last 5 trading days. (It opened over $7 on the 21st and is now down to about $5.60)

I guess thats what happens when you give out 10 million shares to the top of the pyramid
    Last edited by mj363; 03-27-2007 at 08:34 PM.

Re: YTB Stock Crashing....

Quote Originally Posted by mj363
    YTB issued a stock award of over 10 million shares of stock (current price was around $7/share) to their top 31 people.

"An aggregate of 3,241,933 of the Award Shares (or approximately 32.3% of each award) vest immediately on the Grant Date, while up to an additional 6,808,076 Award Shares in the aggregate are subject to vesting in four equal installments of up to 1,702,019 shares each on the first four anniversary dates of the Grant Date. "

Since then the stock has started to tank....

The stock spiked to around 17 in February and came back down to about 8 at the begining of march.

The stock is down about 5% today and 20% in the last 5 trading days. (It opened over $7 on the 21st and is now down to about $5.60)
    Stock tanked? I think not. More like 3 steps forward; 2 steps back. Even if stock falls to $1.00 a share, I'm going to buy as much as I can afford because it is going back up again.
    I guess thats what happens when you give out 10 million shares to the top of the pyramid.
    I guess that's what happens when you are building a solid foundation for future generations.

YTB is a money game that rewards it's "agents" from recruitment. No sale of travel is required to trigger recruitment bonuses.

Money game Central.

(I love MLM by the way and feel the need to point out terrible companies when I see it)
    FYL's response to ACNs revenue their 5th year in business:

Originally Posted by freeyourlife
    ACN did in the 100's of millions.

Quote Originally Posted by travellingman
    Stock tanked? I think not. More like 3 steps forward; 2 steps back. Even if stock falls to $1.00 a share, I'm going to buy as much as I can afford because it is going back up again.
    I guess that's what happens when you are building a solid foundation for future generations.
    You don't think it was a bad idea to give away 70 million in stock? You do know how the stock market works right?

Quote Originally Posted by PowerOfCards
    YTB is a money game that rewards it's "agents" from recruitment. No sale of travel is required to trigger recruitment bonuses.

Money game Central.

(I love MLM by the way and feel the need to point out terrible companies when I see it)
    YTB rewards it's agents with 11 different streams of income.

I love YTB by the way and feel the need to warn people of posts coming from a position of ignorance of a great company.

Other's post facts about YTB - for example that their stock is tanking.

People that are trying to sell memberships to YTB answer with quotes like:

"I love YTB"

More facts about YTB - they were delisted from the nasdaq because they didn't provide their financial statements. People on here were quick to point out that it was just a minor problem and yet almost a year later, they are still on the pink sheets:

http://www.traveltrade.com/headline_...articleID=7812
    "Since reporting a $907,000 loss for the first three quarters of 2005 (Travel Trade, Nov. 21, 2005), the financial news at YTB has gone from bad to worse. "

"In a further setback, YTB International stock, on June 1, was delisted from the OTC Bulletin Board due to the company’s failure to file its required reports and became a degraded pink sheet stock under the symbol YTBL.PK. "

And for those that don't know what the pink sheets are:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Sheets

"Pink Sheets LLC is neither an NASD broker-dealer, nor registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission; it is not a stock exchange, the companies listed do not need to fulfill any requirements (e.g. filing financial statements with the SEC). With the exception of a few foreign issuers (mostly represented by American Depositary Receipts, or ADRs), the companies quoted in the Pink Sheets tend to be closely held, extremely small and/or thinly traded. Most do not meet the minimum listing requirements for trading on a national securities exchange, such as the New York Stock Exchange. Many of these companies do not file periodic reports or audited financial statements with the SEC, making it very difficult for investors to find reliable, unbiased information about those companies.

For these reasons, the SEC sees companies listed on Pink Sheets as "among the most risky investments" and advises potential investors to heavily research the companies in which they plan to invest."

These are all facts - feel free to remind us how much you love YTB.

Oh and as for those 11 streams of income? They can also be broken up into two streams

Selling travel and selling memberships.

And as of last november - YTB released numbers stating the fees to be a member were about 10 times the total of travel comissions.

Go ahead and ask any rep to explain the 11 streams - they all fall into selling travel and selling memberships - and almost no one is breaking even selling travel - most of the money comes from recruiting new people.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerOfCards

Money game Central.

First of all their are no "recruitment bonuses" since their is NO REQUIREMENT to purchase anything to become a REP and sell the ON-LINE AGENCIES.

WHY would there need to be a "sale of travel" in order for one to receive the commissions/bonuses/overrides PAID on the sale and licensing of the ON-LINE AGENCIES?

Especially since the sale of TRAVEL is a separate opportunity than the sale of ON-LINE AGENCIES?
    Patrick in California

http://www.travelpropower.com/paradoxmagnus

"If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done."--Peter Ustinov

You don't think it was a bad idea to give away 70 million in stock? You do know how the stock market works right?
    Your totally MISREPRESENTING things again.

YTB did NOT "give away 70 million in stock", did they?

Didn't they really CONDITIONALLY GRANT 10 million shares over the next five years?

"On February 19, 2007, the Board of Directors of YTB International, Inc. ("YTB" or the "Company") approved a one-time restricted stock award effective as of January 2, 2007 (the "Grant Date"), of up to an aggregate of 10,050,009 shares (the "Award Shares") of the Company's common stock, par value $.001 per share ("Common Stock"), to thirty-one (31) sales directors (each, a "Grantee") who have made outstanding contributions to the growth and success of the Company and/or its wholly owned operating subsidiaries. Of the 31 Grantees, three are directors and one is the President of an operating subsidiary. The Award Shares vest in stages for each Grantee, provided various performance-related conditions specified in the restricted stock award agreement entered into by the Company and each Grantee (each, a "Restricted Stock Award Agreement") are satisfied at each vesting date. The Grantees are the Company's most successful independent representatives who have met the criteria for being deemed "sales directors".

An aggregate of 3,241,933 of the Award Shares (or approximately 32.3% of each award) vest immediately on the Grant Date, while up to an additional 6,808,076 Award Shares in the aggregate are subject to vesting in four equal installments of up to 1,702,019 shares each on the first four anniversary dates of the Grant Date. The vesting of any single Grantee's award shall be determined independently of the vesting of any other Grantee's award; thus, each Grantee must independently meet the performance related criteria specified in the Restricted Stock Award Agreement between himself or herself and the Company. The Company's transfer agent, American Stock Transfer & Trust Company, shall serve as escrow agent with respect to the unvested Award Shares awarded if and until the relevant vesting dates therefor, and vesting conditions with respect thereto, are met. To the extent that the conditions to the vesting of any unvested Award Shares of a Grantee have not been met by the relevant vesting date therefor, such shares shall be cancelled by the Company."

BIG DIFFERENCE.
    Patrick in California

"If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done."--Peter Ustinov

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick in California
    First of all their are no "recruitment bonuses" since their is NO REQUIREMENT to purchase anything to become a REP and sell the ON-LINE AGENCIES.

WHY would there need to be a "sale of travel" in order for one to receive the commissions/bonuses/overrides PAID on the sale and licensing of the ON-LINE AGENCIES?

Especially since the sale of TRAVEL is a separate opportunity than the sale of ON-LINE AGENCIES?

Hi Patrick,

Here is the reason why. If you go to the Federal Trade Commission's web site and look up "Big Smart". You will see that they sold "online shopping malls" and commissions were paid to the reps. from the sale of the online malls AND the merchandise in the malls. Big Smart agrued that since the "online malls" was the product, any commissions from the sale of the product in the malls was simply a bonus.

The FTC did NOT AGREE and won the case; hence shutting them down.

Not to say that this will happen to YTB as I am not sure of how much travel they sell; however what I do know is that your argument about simply selling online travel agencies is enough is not accurate.

Also, I would be very careful about what you post and say in your presentations. If you have any questions, please ask YTB corporate.

You sound like a nice person and I do not want you to make an honest mistake that could casue problems.

Other's post facts about YTB - for example that their stock is tanking.

People that are trying to sell memberships to YTB answer with quotes like:

"I love YTB"

More facts about YTB - they were delisted from the nasdaq because they didn't provide their financial statements. People on here were quick to point out that it was just a minor problem and yet almost a year later, they are still on the pink sheets:

http://www.traveltrade.com/headline_...articleID=7812
    "Since reporting a $907,000 loss for the first three quarters of 2005 (Travel Trade, Nov. 21, 2005), the financial news at YTB has gone from bad to worse. "

"In a further setback, YTB International stock, on June 1, was delisted from the OTC Bulletin Board due to the company’s failure to file its required reports and became a degraded pink sheet stock under the symbol YTBL.PK. "

And for those that don't know what the pink sheets are:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Sheets

"Pink Sheets LLC is neither an NASD broker-dealer, nor registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission; it is not a stock exchange, the companies listed do not need to fulfill any requirements (e.g. filing financial statements with the SEC). With the exception of a few foreign issuers (mostly represented by American Depositary Receipts, or ADRs), the companies quoted in the Pink Sheets tend to be closely held, extremely small and/or thinly traded. Most do not meet the minimum listing requirements for trading on a national securities exchange, such as the New York Stock Exchange. Many of these companies do not file periodic reports or audited financial statements with the SEC, making it very difficult for investors to find reliable, unbiased information about those companies.

For these reasons, the SEC sees companies listed on Pink Sheets as "among the most risky investments" and advises potential investors to heavily research the companies in which they plan to invest."

These are all facts - feel free to remind us how much you love YTB.

Oh and as for those 11 streams of income? They can also be broken up into two streams

Selling travel and selling memberships.

And as of last november - YTB released numbers stating the fees to be a member were about 10 times the total of travel comissions.

Go ahead and ask any rep to explain the 11 streams - they all fall into selling travel and selling memberships - and almost no one is breaking even selling travel - most of the money comes from recruiting new people.
    Hello MJ363,

No other MLM compensation plan comes anywhere near paying what YTB's copyrighted compensation plan does! Here are 12 streams of income I came up with. I didn't include the earnings from savings on income tax advantages.

1. $6000 Income Guarantee paid at the end of 12 qualifying months.

2. 60% of the paid Travel Commissions paid monthly

3. 10% override on RTAs travel commissions you sponsor in your power team paid monthly

4. $50 Referral Commission for everyone you sponsor paid weekly

5. $50 Power Team Commission on every RTA added to your power team even those RTAs sponsored by someone besides you paid weekly

6. Once you are qualified to override by just sponsoring 3 RTAs, you will earn a 50% Match of the commissions earned by those personally sponsored Reps and all future personally Reps. The 50% match is paid weekly.

What is the 50% Match?
    This is calculated by multiplying the commissions earned by your personally sponsored Reps by 50%. If one of your personally sponsored Reps earns $1,000, another earns $2,000 and a third earns $5,000 in commissions ($8,000 total), then your 50% Match would be $4,000. The 50% Match includes Direct Sale Commission, PowerTeam Commission, DreamTeam Commission and all Residual Commission. The 50% match does not include The Leadership Bonus and The Dream Bonus.

7. 4% monthly residual income coming from the $49.95 monthly licensing fee from every RTA in your Power
    __Team

8. Leadership Bonuses
    ____$1,000 for every 6 RTAs in your Power Team paid weekly
    ____$10,000 for every 100 RTAs in your Power Team

9. Director Bonuses
    ____Level 1 Free $100,000 life insurance policy and free top-of-the line PPO health insurance and no pre-____existing conditions disqualify your eligibility
    ____Level 2 Directors receive a $50,000 director's bonus check
    ____Level 3 Directors receive a $100,000 director's bonus check
    ____Level 4 Directors receive a $250,000 director's bonus check
    ____Level 5 Directors receive a $1,000,000 director's bonus check

10. Profit Sharing -- MONTHLY DIRECTOR BONUS:
    A Level 2 or above Director participates monthly in a Director’s Bonus Pool with other Directors as determined monthly by YTB management. A Director accumulates Bonus Points during a month on the following schedule:

Level 2 At the level of 2,000 Travel Agencies = 2 Point per dollar of sales
    Level 3 At the level of 5,000 Travel Agencies = 3 Points per dollar of sales
    Level 4 At the level of 10,000 Travel Agencies = 4 Points per dollar of sales
    Level 5 At the level of 25,000 Travel Agencies = 5 Points per dollar of sales

The Bonus Pool for the month ("Bonus Month") is divisible among all Level 2 and above Directors proportionate to their individual total number of Points accumulated in a Bonus Month. The monthly amount of the Director Bonus for every Director shall not be less than $2000.

11. Reimbursement of monthly $49.95 On-Line Travel Agency licensing fee after personally sponsoring 6 RTAs

12. YTB Corporation/Non-Profit Association Division pays the RTA and his/her Power Team Leader 10% of the commissions paid on all travel booked on all personally sponsored Non-profit agency/Corporate accounts.
    Last edited by travellingman; 03-28-2007 at 02:39 AM.

And yet as of last November - YTB reps were paying $50/month to make an average of less than $6/month selling travel (A net loss of $44 if you don't count the loss of the initial sign up fee).

Of course that doesn't take into account selling memberships and thats where the money is.

And yet as of last November - YTB reps were paying $50/month to make an average of less than $6/month selling travel (A net loss of $44 if you don't count the loss of the initial sign up fee).

Of course that doesn't take into account selling memberships and thats where the money is.
    Did you even look at all those different options to make money in YTB?

Quote Originally Posted by Directsellfun
    Hi Patrick,

Here is the reason why. If you go to the Federal Trade Commission's web site and look up "Big Smart". You will see that they sold "online shopping malls" and commissions were paid to the reps. from the sale of the online malls AND the merchandise in the malls. Big Smart agrued that since the "online malls" was the product, any commissions from the sale of the product in the malls was simply a bonus.

The FTC did NOT AGREE and won the case; hence shutting them down.

Not to say that this will happen to YTB as I am not sure of how much travel they sell; however what I do know is that your argument about simply selling online travel agencies is enough is not accurate.

Also, I would be very careful about what you post and say in your presentations. If you have any questions, please ask YTB corporate.

You sound like a nice person and I do not want you to make an honest mistake that could casue problems.
    If you read the actual decision, I believe you will see that they were actually shut down because it was detirmined that they were engaged in deceptive and misleading advertising which caused the program to be deemed a pyramid.

If I remember correctly they implied that people would make money simply by having a store in their online mall.

And what exactly do you believe I said that is not accurate?

Please be specific.
    Patrick in California

Quote Originally Posted by travellingman
    Did you even look at all those different options to make money in YTB?

Yes you can sell travel and you can sell memberships... nothing new.

You could have 1 million different exciting streams but its still just a play on selling travel and selling memberships.

Guess what you get x if you sell a membership
    and you get x+50 if you sell 6 memberships

AND you call those different "streams" of income

Thats just like you touting your "Bill of rights" which is just an agreement and every single MLM out there also has one.

In my opinion - it won't be long before the authorities realize that the formula of ytb is nothing different than a chain letter.

There is no requirement for anyone to sell to any "customer" or 3rd party in order to receive commissions on the $449 upfront.

Just a matter of time.

Yes you can sell travel and you can sell memberships... nothing new.

You could have 1 million different exciting streams but its still just a play on selling travel and selling memberships.

Guess what you get x if you sell a membership
    and you get x+50 if you sell 6 memberships

AND you call those different "streams" of income

Thats just like you touting your "Bill of rights" which is just an agreement and every single MLM out there also has one.
    Oh really?

"Pursuant to this firm resolution YourTravelBiz.com adopts and implements the following Bill of Rights for its present and future Independent Marketing Representative.

This Policy and Procedure is not subject to future modification by YourTravelBiz.com, its heirs, successors and assigns.
    The term “residual commissions” shall mean those commissions and the amounts thereof currently earned as of September 1, 2005.
    YourTravelBiz.com shall not, ever, reduce the IMR residual commissions in effect on September 1, 2005. So long as they are commission qualified pursuant to the YourTravelBiz.com Compensation Plan, present and future Independent Marketing Representatives of YourTravelBiz.com shall be deemed to have fully and unconditionally earned all residual commissions upon the monthly revenues paid by RTAs established by themselves and by Independent Marketing Representatives in their commissionable downline, subject only to future monthly payments being made by the RTAs commissionable to them.
    No present or future Independent Marketing Representative of YourTravelBiz.com may be divested of the foregoing right to receive residual commissions except upon the voluntary termination of their Independent Marketing Representative status, or their involuntary termination as a Independent Marketing Representative for cause and pursuant to the procedures of YourTravelBiz.com in connection with the involuntary termination of Independent Marketing Representative status for cause.
    No cessation of network marketing sales, bankruptcy proceedings, or sale or assignment of the right to receive future RTA monthly revenues, or other act or occurrence whatsoever, shall be deemed to defeat or otherwise be superior to the right of the present and future Independent Marketing Representative of YourTravelBiz.com to receive residual commissions as set forth herein. No fee, purchase or renewal of Independent Marketing Representative status shall ever be required of present and future Independent Marketing Representative of YourTravelBiz.com as a condition of their receipt of future residual commissions.
    In order to further secure, provide and protect the rights of its present and future Independent Marketing Representative to receive residual commissions as set forth in this Policy and Procedure, YourTravelBiz.com has filed with the offices of the Secretary of States of Illinois, and of New Jersey, a UCC-1 Financing statement securing to all present and future Independent Marketing Representatives of YourTravelBiz.com their residual commissions upon future RTA monthly payments."

Tell that to all the people in Excel, Primamerica and all of the other network marketing companies that had there RESIDUALS cut or even ELIMINATED because they had NO PROVISION that protected them like this.

And since you CLAIM that "every single MLM out there also has one", why don't you post a few examples?

After all, DOCUMENTATION beats conversation.

Got any???
    Patrick in California