+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Mainland China Trading

Quote Originally Posted by stevenf View Post
    First, to dallas$$maker, my point dumbass was of course it is going to pop up first because that is what you searched for. Then to my2cents, I have known of this whine site since I first was checking into MCTC and no Murray did not sick me on you......I swear I feel stupider for even chatting with ya'll
    For the love of God, help this person. First I have to point out that you still did not get dallas$makers point. Just because you type something into google doesn't mean google magically makes it appear...it has to actually be submitted to the internet stevenf. It's so sad you didn't seem to get a grip on that. So to explain dallas$makers point to you, one of Murray's genius agents, if there were zero submissions on the web pertaining to "mainland china scam" then guess what, nothing would pop up in the search. This is not the case though sir, mainland china trading has got a number one spot on that search. I hope this helps you. I just wanted to make sure you were fully informed on something, because you are not when it comes to Mainland China Trading. As I said before, just give it time.

Seeing as you stated Murray didn't sick you on me and you knew about this "whine" site for some time now still doesn't explain why you came to it if you thought it was just a petty "whine" site. An astute seeker of knowledge surely wouldn't waste their time on a "whine" site such as this one would they? One last thing, this isn't the only "whine site" (as you put it) that Mainland China Trading is on, as I am sure you probably already know because you did your research. Have a good one and I'll be in touch.:yelcutelaughA:

have either of you been ever been agents of MCTC

Steven, Steven, Steven...please pay attention and read the previous posts again before you ask stupid questions that have already been answered. That shows me you really aren't listenening to what I or we have to say and you are just going to bat blindly for Mainland China Trading. Unless you have some proof to the contrary please refrain from just arguing for the sake of arguing but making no real points in an honest, fair attempt to dispute our allegations or personal findings. Thanks you sir; and I trust your next post will have had more thought put into it for us.

Man, ya'll sure are animate about this whole thing aren't ya.. its funny when you look up these that really are scams and you find hundreds of complaints. Here you mostly just find just the two of you. But ya'll are mildly entertaining none the else. This is like any other job, I call it a job because I have made money at it, but since the 2 of you have failed where others have succeeded its all of the sudden a scam or a conspiracy against you. My wife is a real estate agent, the reason I mention this is because it is similar to the fact that she works for an agency. They rent space or buy-in so to speak just like I did with Murray. Now some are good at what they do and some are not. Now I guarantee that the ones that are no good at it do not start to holla that the agency is a scam. It took a lot of effort on my wifes part to get good at what she does because if she didn't try then she didn't get paid. But there are a lot of people out there looking for houses just like there are a lot of companies out there trying to cut cost by manufacturing in china. You keep on saying that Murray is to blame and the root of all that is evil with MCTC. If that was the case then all 400 of us agents would be on here complaining and trying to ward of everyone like you see when you look up the real scams out there. Not just the 2 of you. And you also said that there were other sites like this one. where are they i would like to see them From what I have seen it is ONLY the 2 of you complaining and whining and arguing with Murray. Use your real names if you believe so much in what your spilling. What can it hurt? No one ever got their identity stolen by giving out there name. If I was just joe blow I would be more inclined to believe your story if the two of you were not afraid to name some names. OH my.....My 2 friends were screwed.... whats their names?????? whats your name???? You know mine....I live in Galveston....Thats what gets me more than anything is that you are scared to name names. It has nothing to do with defending Murray or MCTC. It has to do with the fact that the 2 of you don't have the courage to back up what your saying by coming right out and saying......I am so and so, I have a complaint. Look at John Beck's free and clear scam(www.infomercialscams.com/scams/john_beck_free_and_clear) for instance. There are 787 complaints on there and everyone gives there name. Instead you chose to be the only 2 annoying nameless hecklers in this stupid comedy show. If it was me and I felt as strongly as the 2 of you then I would want Murray and everyone else to know who I was. When I have a problem with my boss I don't put anonymous letters in the suggestion box, I go directly to them and put a face to the complaint. But I guess that is me, confident enough to stand up and be heard, not shout crap from the back of the room while crouched in my chair. Well that is all hit me with your most snappy of comebacks please:2gunsfiring_v1:

OK guys, I am Jamstykk dot com. Please cease and desist from using my name in any open forum or unprofessional manner. Jamstykk(tm) is a trademark of Industrial Gaming Peripherals and remarks which are slanderous, demeaning, or low in character all effect my business endeavors negatively. Stop immediately unless legal damages are preferred to my asking. For further information read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cease_and_desist

In the past, I have worked with very successful people on different projects and it is unfortunate but almost every single time I have come across a jealous and disgruntled associate(s) who tries to damage that successful person's name and/or company's reputation. That is what has happened here. I have been working with Murray and in direct contrast to some of the postings on this thread, I must say, he has a very legitimate business! Furthermore, Murray has been very straightforward with me and more than fair. Having been in the business world for 15 years, I am very selective of which companies I represent. Before making the decision to work with Mainland China Trading Company, I did my homework; what I found is that they are like most any company which has a sustainable business model and is a going concern. The bottom line, Mainland China Trading Company manufactures quality products and provides excellent service. Murray’s company is helping many organizations which are looking for solid manufacturing facilities and/or products abroad. I intend on continuing to represent this company for a long time. If anyone would like to call me about my experiences you can reach me (Ed) at 561-503-8991.

yah muuray gives a refund, i reuested one and never got it, murray i sent u an email [email protected], i would like my refund its been over 6 months this biz aints for me. like u saidz its only 500, so kindly return it. i sentz ans email wits my name.

i contacted murray and after telling him my sory he made an exception to the refund policy and returned my money. i want to delete my prev post but dont no how 2, so everyone who redz it pretend it dont exist.

Hello, sports fans. Greetings from Chris Poole in the great state of Georgia, home of Coca-Cola and a big ol' fish tank (and I won't comment about Mike Vic). I waited quite a while to post anything in this thread. I wanted to see if it would die of natural causes, and it is not my aim to revive it now that it has died (IF it has died).

Please bear with me while I convey my experience with MCTC, and Murray and Hui Smith. MCTC is a legitimate operation, the opportunity is legitimate, and I believe Murray and Hui are 'real' people with 'real' business entities and interests in the U.S. and China. I have spoken with them only by phone and communicated with them by email.

IF MCTC were a scam, then it does not logically follow that they would spend inordinate amounts of time in lengthy conversations with me over various products and potential partners since I was a 'non-producer'. (I'll explain the last part in a moment and hopefully that will clarify unresolved issues for anyone interested in the opportunity they offer.)

After joining MCTC, I made literally hundreds of calls to target clients and the positive response was statistically spot on as Murray said it would be. HE TOLD ME IN SEPTEMBER OF 2007 THAT THE REFUND PERIOD WAS 9 DAYS. Of course, after I began to actually generate some promising leads from the cold calls, all lights were green and I expected to land a solid account with a partner company, start getting containers flowing, start generating a couple thousand dollars a month and gradually ween myself off of my killer job; so, naturally I didn't ask for a refund after 9 BUSINESS DAYS.

Think about this for a moment. The business is not a scam, but you only have 9 business days to test drive the system. Well, my goodness! You won't receive the total hard-copy package and training DVD for at least 3 to 4 business days, depending on where you live, so then you're down to 6 or 5 days before you're actually out a non-refundable $495!

In retrospect, it wasn't the wisest purchase, and I regret having spent the money with one possible concession: The tough lesson I learned about this business MAY have been worth the money. UNFORTUNATELY, I can not get that money back . . . even MORE UNFORTUNATELY, I can not get back the valuable time I spent away from my family on calls, in email communication with Murray, Hui, MCTC office staff (Curtis, Brandon, Aisha, etc. - actually, I don't think Aisha is there anymore), and the 'potential' partner contacts I had made. I mean, really, for a legitimate opportunity to work for 'everyone who tries', nobody was trying any harder, or was more energetic and ambitious than I was. I think Murray himself would attest to this. He complimented me several times and encouraged me to persist. He said time and again that I had a great phone voice and communication skills, and he said I understood this business very well because of my work experience in manufacturing.

Hey, I understand the demands of a supply chain, critical 'on-time' environments as well as inventory maintenance set-ups. I have been a production manager in a small manufacturing operation and I understand the meaning and importance of establishing lead times, the need for exact spec documentation, DRAWINGS! DRAWINGS! and more DRAWINGS! (I emailed numerous files back and forth between MCTC and would-be 'clients').

I had heard Murray mention that some people just don't follow up with this opportunity for whatever reason . . . fear, lack of discipline, disinterest, whatever . . . I was determined I wasn't going to quit, no matter what! Even after a plethora of frustrating and stultifying incidents occurred that should have been clear signals it just wasn't to be.

Once I had hooked a storage and shelving distributor in the metro-Atlanta area. As I recall, it was my first REAL hit - they were going to send samples to China. Then junior talked it over with pop and they realized that they were both in communication with 2 different MCTC agents that had called at different times. Guess which call was mine - the second one. So, an agent from WASHINGTON STATE (no hard feelings now whatsoever) had 'overlapped' my 'territory' (well, actually there are no 'territories' with MCTC for those of you who like protected sales territories), and I had no way of knowing that or laying claim to that contact - but I had spent T-I-M-E working with them.

Then I tried to sell some parade route temporary barracade units to another business in Georgia. I figured it was better to work 'in-state' so I could travel to visit companies if necessary, which I did a few times to discuss product needs. What a waste of time - sort of like Alaska's famed 'bridge to nowhere' project.

Then scooters were the hot item because gas prices were sky high; but, oh wait, the EPA had the MCTC scooter vendor on a black list because of emissions/engine issues and a large, unassociated distributor in Florida was already planning to dump the line because of that in favor of a competitor scooter manufacturer in China that WAS in good standing with the EPA (do tell!) Now you and I know the EPA can hang anyone that doesn't comply, right? In fact the EPA 'scooter czar', for lack of a better term, told me outright that anyone attempting to sell or distribute scooters not approved by the EPA, or any business not properly registered/licensed to do so was on the wrong side of the law and subject to penalties. Well, that closed the deal for me, sports fans!!

I could go on and on about my parenthetical experiences following those early encounters. I'll sum it up like this: It was a roller coaster ride without the safety bar across my lap! A lot of excitement, tons of adrenaline, then sudden death!

After approximately one year and 6 months of calls and contacts and attempts to stay abreast of industry trends and manufacturing needs as per my connections, I still hadn't made a solitary cent from my efforts. All without any satisfactory explanation.

But the final straw for me was a situation surrounding a POS and retail display fabrication company in/near Santa Ana, California called FABCON (short for fabrication concepts, I think). I had contacted Nabs Carlson who was then the director of displays with connections in the extreme sports industry. Nabs and I hit it off really well, in spite of Murray's repeated warnings to stay away from California because they were geographically 'too close' to China for me to make real and lasting inroads there.

Well, I got some great product specs and target prices from Nabs for several displays and Murray and Hui started getting excited for me. THEY KNEW I HAD BEEN BUSTING MY BUTT TO WIN THIS KIND OF BUSINESS!! Well, I went through all the initial stuff, I did EVERYTHING RIGHT! Murray and Hui BOTH participated in a conference call with me, Nabs, and the CEO of FABCON. During this call, Murray was put on the spot about the number of factories they actually owned in China. My chest swelled with pride as I expected to hear him say, "We own 14 factories in China," or was that, "We own 9 factories in China." See, I had heard and read both figures from the MCTC website (it has since been updated), and Curtis (can't recall his last name). I never expected Murray to say 2 or 3 . . . yes, I believe it was either 2 or 3. At any rate, I DISTINCTLY RECALL NOT, I REPEAT, NOT HEARING, "We own a grand total of SOME NUMBER OF FACTORIES GREATER THAN 9!" (How many factories does MCTC actually own? Does anyone know?)

I fell silent, Nabs fell silent, just . . . nothing, but dull, awkward silence. They couldn't see me sitting at my computer; all the same, I suddenly felt like I was in a physical conference room in my underwear in front of these people. I couldn't believe my ears. To say it was an 'honest mistake' would be akin to Timothy Geithner's now infamous public faux pa!

Here I was, with Murray and Hui and 2 almost-in-the-pocket partners, on the phone, ready to go with the first samples, and BAM, it hits me like a ton of bricks. Mind you, bricks had fallen before, just not the whole load at once. NEVER DECEIVE YOURSELF INTO THINKING YOU CAN INDEFINITELY DODGE ISOLATED BRICKS - THE WHOLE LOAD WILL FALL! I didn't have ALL the information I needed, or the information was trumped-up, or the alliances had been jettisoned overnight, or something! More to the point, I HAD ABSOLUTELY NO CONTROL OVER THIS SITUATION AND I WOULD NEVER HAVE ANY CONTROL OR COMMAND OVER ENOUGH OF THE PROCESS FOR IT TO BE PROFITABLE FOR ME.

That's the downside of contract manufacturing in China. If you're the middle-man that everyone is already trying to eliminate, you had better d--n well have some serious controlling interest in the company, the manufacturing facility, the processes, the logistics, everything. Murray and Hui alone have that controlling interest, and there are numerous details that are even far beyond their control.

PLEASE DON'T MISREAD ME - I HAVE NO PERSONAL ISSUE WITH MURRAY OR HUI! I believe some people in this thread may, but I do not. Perhaps those who posted previously really tried hard, too - the net result for them was evidently identical to mine even though they were not very gracious with their words.

I believe Murray and Hui to be decent and hard-working folks who are trying to expand and manage a great business by generously offering the opportunity to others. Everything I have stated is factual (mostly), sprinkled with a little sarcasm (I'm cynical, sue me), and laced with my perception. In business, perception doesn't parallel reality, it is reality!

Murray and Hui definitely don't need anyone's $495. I did ask once for a refund, and I'm asking for it again. I'm not very hopeful. I told Murray once upon a time that as soon as my first check came in, I'd reply to the rants on this blog in his defense. The deals all fell through, and I'm still willing to defend the character and integrity of the Smiths - in that regard, I have now proven to be better than my word.

MY BOTTOM-LINE ADVISORY: PROCEED WITH CAUTION - THE STATS ARE NOT IN YOUR FAVOR!

(Murray & Hui, may God continue to bless you as you bless and help other people. You can bless and help me by sending a check in the amount of $495 to:

Chris Poole
    115 Georgia Belle Dr
    Jefferson, GA 30549

Oh, yeah, I moved even closer to the in-laws. That old Winder, GA address is obsolete now, not that you would have that address on file anyway. As you may recall, my mother-in-law suffer from multiple sclerosis and my father-in-law suffers from a neurological disorder that I can't even pronounce or spell. That's why we moved to Georgia in the first place, and that's why I need the $495 back. They need my help, so I need your help. I realize that a refund would be a legal forfeit of my access to MCTC and any of its partners or associates, henceforth and forever unless I opt to rejoin for a fee, whatever that may be.)

Again, sports fans, only sign on to this opportunity once you have ALL critical facts about MCTC, its partner factories, the offices in Beijing, Wei Hai, Tsing Tao, Dallas, etc. For what it's worth, call Murray and talk to him. He will confirm what I have relayed to you here. He's very cordial on the phone, he won't pressure you, you'll find him amiable and respectable in every sense. If you can't afford the $495, for goodness' sake don't do it! I wish I hadn't because I need it now more than ever.

This post was intended for the benefit of everyone in the thread, seekers and ranters alike. If I have offended you, please accept my apology. If I have helped you, you are truly welcome. If I have challenged you, please do deeper due diligence on MCTC than I did and have a detailed, realistic, and executable plan that interferes with your life and relationships as little as possible. After all, money isn't everything. It isn't the essence of life, but it sure helps alleviate pressure! So, Murray, how 'bout that refund? (Hey, you did it for Phoenix88!) And Phoenix, you can edit your posts with the edit button (bottom right of field).

Have a great day!
    Last edited by CPoole; 10-03-2009 at 12:59 PM. Reason: typo

Call me before ever doing busines with this company.

I have been doing business with this company for 2 years. I recently found out that the money that I gave to them for drawings was never received by the factory. Now they are trying get out of it. Do not get into this mess.

Tara, Please contact me regarding drawings, China business, etc. I have been doing business for two years over there now and I have real info, for free for you. Doing business in China is complicated. Please call me at [removed by mod] and ask for Bill. I DO NOT WORK FOR MAINLAND CHINA TRADING AT ALL. As for drawings, I have a guy who is a SolidWorks master, and a good friend, I might can get a favor from him.
    Last edited by No_Moron_Here; 10-19-2009 at 12:04 PM.

I have to say I was surprised when i came across this posting. Personally, I had a really bad deal with Murray Smith, his wife Hui, and Mainland China Trading.

I believe they actually try to be honest people, but do not know what they are doing.
    I have personally built a multi-million dollar manufacturing import/export company. One of my clients had a tough project that Murray said could be done. Not only that, they offered me a money back guarantee. After several rounds of production samples, I went to China, saw one factory that was modern, however, they could not manufacture the part, and then I went to a second factory where the parts were actually being made. This factory had young women wearing sarongs working ouside with manual presses making the parts I required. It was more like an outdoor sweat shop with dogs running around it. Not something that the Fortune 50 company I represented would be able to accept. The media would have roasted us.

Bottom line is the following: they could not make the parts to the tolerances and specifications required. I was continually told no worries, we will get it done; and in the end, when I confronted Murray, he advised me that he would sue me for breach of contract because I somehow managed to do business with someone he introduced me to without giving him a cut. This is not the case as I dont even know who he was talking about or what he was talking about.

I do not recommend doing business with Mainland China Trading - I am actually still considering litigation against Mr. Smith and his company, however I have better business to attend to.

In my case, I did not contact MCTC for a business opportunity - I did not need that. What I needed was an honest company that could manufacture the part I needed made. Obviously, my mistake - Cost me thousands of dollars, but worst of all, it took away so much time I will never get back. (Not to mention they almost ruined a relationship with a US Mega Corporation I have maintained for almost a decade).

If you are looking for a business opportunity cold calling companies to have products made in China, take a good look around our own country. Factories are closing, machinery is selling for dirt cheap - WHY? The goods left the USA, and are manufactured elsewhere.

I do realize that I am a bit of a hypocrite with respect to the above statement, however, my companies now work with American factories and lending institutions to keep production going, increase the goods produced here in the United States, and keeping highly skilled American workers with steady and increasing employment.

What goes around, comes around. That is a philosophy I use every day, and boy, does it come true.

Good luck MCTC - I hope you get what you have given.