+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mainland China Trading

I am interested in import export and found MainlandChinaTrading.com. It is run by Murray Smith and his Chinese wife, Hui. It seems very much ligit. He tells you everything upfront. His Chinese ties takes care of his end and you just find US companies here. It requires some work but seems it would be well worth it. Any thoughts?

Re: Mainland China Trading

How do you check the quality of the imported goods?

At best it is a cold calling. I do not buy his bull about friends calling friends.

Your investment in your new business is only $495.00.
    This "opportunity" is bogus. They will take your cash and that the last you will hear from them.

They don't deal in cheap products, but are into the manufacturing aspect.
    Metals, metal fabrication, wire, casting, etc.
    Joyce

wbibro Guest

No thanks, WalMart is down the street (and that is already too many Chinese products entering the US.) ;)

I'll stick to what works for me for making money (below) ;)

I think maybe if you are a good salesman it might work...

But if you think it'll be easy, you'll think you've been scammed most probably...
    My blog - Sick and tired of people making others pay for information you can get free... Download 4 free ebooks on my page, no email asked or anything...

Good read - Information on different scams, not reviews, just info.

Another great forum - It'll help you with your affiliate marketing, and of course, it is free!

lilac22, How did your search regarding Mainland China Trading go. Did you find out any additional information? I can understand the fee for the information and it will only attract serious partners. On the other Murray could just be collecting $500 and giving you an e-book info, and no other connections.

Quote Originally Posted by borisf96 View Post
    At best it is a cold calling. I do not buy his bull about friends calling friends.

This "opportunity" is bogus. They will take your cash and that the last you will hear from them.
    Funny how you know this opportunity is bogus. You're guessing...and you're wrong. There is so much I could say to refute your naive comments. Granted, I personally know some other "import export mentoring" sites that advertise next to me on Google are absolute scams. So actually I understand your quick assessment, however, you're wrong.

That's why we give 100% money back guarantee "no questions asked".

Hey, you haven't even paid $495 and you're hearing from me now!

However, you are very wrong. Our deal is the real deal, and it's working for everyone who tries.

One last comment, call me on my cell phone 214-257-8300 and see if I answer my phone.

Murray Smith
    President
    MainlandChinaTrading.com

However, you are very wrong. Our deal is the real deal, and it's working for everyone who tries.
    This is definition of bogus. No deal works for everybody even if everybody tries. And not everybody is capable to do telemarketing.

It looks like the same team owns apogeeimportservice.com since they have the same fax number. They also have the same story - no address and only cell phone number to contact them. It must be very convenient.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In the slim chance this "operation" is legit, your job will be cold calling(telemarketing) different companies.

And if it was so profitable that they need people so badly, would not it be more prudent to hire professional telemarketers while market is hot. Instead they are looking for newbies("it's working for everyone who tries").

Conclusion 60% scam outright/40% amateur operation.

All,

I was curios about MTC and actually set an appointment to meet with Murray Smith and visited his home / office in Dallas TX. He is the real deal. I have not joined the progam has I havent been able to adjust my schedule to make the time commitment. Murray and his wife are real people with a real network. His approach is unorthodox..but you have to give him *** for trying something new. He was very candid and told me it would take time and work to do the telemarketing. He NEVER once tried to "sell" me into joining the program.

My concerns are that with multiple many associates he would have a hard time handling all the work and leads to his office in China. He told me he has hired an assistant in Dallas to help manage the associates program. I was also concerned that the associates might be competing with each other. He told me in a sense they would be...but with the thousands of uncalled prospects it wouldn't happen often...and that the more calls made would help with MTC name recoginition benefiting all.

$500.00 bucks is not a huge investment, but enough to keep folks like me who arent ready to dive in on the sidlines until we are ready.

Yes I would say give Mainland Trading Company a try if you are ready to work and not get rich quick! Murray is readily accessible. He did answer his phone even while sitting on the plane. I, in the meantime plan on joining when my work schedule isnt so crazy.

Scott M.
    Richardson TX

I would be interested in your experience with this company. I recently came across MCTC and was interested in what they have to offer so this is part of my "due diligence". Did you move forward with them, if so, did they deliver on what they said.

Mainland China is legit... It has to be approached as any other career choice: you have to be committed and tenacious about about your work. It also helps if you are a people person and have strong sales skills. For $500 and a serious time investment it could work out like any other entrepreneur venture... you get back what you put in...
    Have a Blessed Day!:spin2:

Do NOT sign up for this...I know 2 guys that broke their backs for Murray Smith and he was nothing but smoke and mirrors.
    International trade is a great way to make money, if you actually MAKE money.
    What happens with this scam is that you pay the $500 up front and you make your calls. It does't matter if you make 500,000 calls, you won't have a deal go through.
    Murray makes money on people signing up, not closing deals with China.
    He is a scam artist...full of empty promises.

IT is NOT a legit business!
    Invest your money, put it in your savings, but DO NOT give it to MCTC.

It appears the last poster is dealing with something "personally" instead of "professionally", however let me address this post in a civilized fashion.

Let me first say that our business is not easy. It easily takes 7 to 9 months to see any money. I tell everyone that who calls me. And if you call the wrong people, you'll never see any money.

However, just because something is difficult does not make it a scam. A scam is a lie in order to take money from people. We don't do that. As a matter of fact, if you call me, I'll try to talk you OUT of doing this business.

FACT 1. Half the people that sign up with us disappear. If you are the type of person that "buys money making deals" and quits, then please do not do this. I don't need your $500.

FACT 2. It is true that many people have put a lot of time in this without results. I know one specific gentleman who has been working Mainland China Trading for a year. Only recently has he landed his first deal. (Huge by the way.)

FACT 3. Many of our newer agents will call from MFGQuote or other "lead" sources that has many throwaway manufacturing RFQs. Many of these are non-money-making opportunities. We don't do those. That's why they are on these sites instead of bid out by their existing suppliers. I know some of our reps send us those on a daily basis, then get mad when we turn them down. There's simply no money in those.

FACT 4. We just added 2 people to our existing 3 in our Beijing China office. If we're not really doing deals, then why are we adding staff to do deals in China? I can give anyone our address in China and you can go visit our office there. Actually, I encourage it.

FACT 5. As we become more visible, I expect for some people to take pot shots at me. I don't mind because I knew that would eventually happen.

FACT 6. The Internet works both ways. I wish you (reader) could take some of the calls I get for our business opportunity. Sometimes I can't even understand the person on the other end of the line. I tell many people "I'm sorry, I don't think this is for you." I don't want people who cannot articulate a thought...or their grammar is so poor...and they want to call CEOs using my name? Do you really think that if this were a scam that I'd want people doing that? Why wouldn't I just take their 500 bucks since I am a scam? Because we're really actually doing business.

FACT 7. We are generating tons of real business. But we turn down a lot of deals that can't make anyone money. There are also deals with a lot of risk. I sincerely try to teach everyone how to spot the difference. But there are people that "know more than I do" and will continue to do it "their way". If there is anyone in our group that is having difficulty, then call me. I will help you and I have some new resources to help you.

If you (previous poster) "know 2 people who have broken their backs for me without results", have them call me directly. I have some lead sources for them that I will give to them at no charge. I also have the ability to make things right. I am completely legit and honest (if you know me, you know that...but I doubt you do). My phone number is 214-257-8300. I answer my own phone.

By the way, my objective is not to pick a fight with the previous negative post. I have an idea that this is someone with a personal grudge (jealousy, internal issue) and has nothing to do with the actual opportunity.

The only thing that bothered me about that post is that someone would work hard and quit, discouraged. If that is true, please have them call me directly. I will spend as much time as it takes to help them be successful. There are new opportunities we are seeing every day.

If you want to see scams, go over to the other import/export advertisers and try to call their CEOs on the phone. And if you get one of their salesmen on the phone, ask them if there's a money back guarantee.

As a company we're not perfect, and I'm not perfect, but a scam, we are not.

Respectfully,

Murray Smith
    President
    Mainland China Trading, Inc.
    214-257-8300

I don't know this company personally so I can not condone or condemn one way or another. But there are realities for this that are very evident from the information out there. This is a telemarketing job plan and simple. Telemarketing is not easy plain and simple. I have been in charge of call centers during my career and most people burn out quickly, even when they get a weekly pay check. Imagine if you have to pay $500 and have no garuntees of making a dime working on your own. Also during this thread you have contradicted yourself a few times which always sets off red flags for me. I'm a personal believer in going with gut feelings.

But with that being said I did look them up on BBB.org and here is information for everyone:

Name: Mainland China Trading & Consulting
    Phone: (214) 257-8300
    Address: 3109 Knox St Ste 503, Dallas, TX 75205-4029
    Original Business Start Date: January 2004
    Local Start Date: March 2006
    Principal: Mr. Murray Smith, Owner
    Customer Contact: Mr. Murray Smith, Owner
    TOB Classification: Business Opportunity Cos.
    BBB Accreditation: This organization is not a BBB Accredited business.

Customer Experience
    Based on BBB files, this company has a satisfactory record
    BBB Definition:
    satisfactory record - A business identified in our report as satisfactory has, based on BBB files, been in business for at least one year, and has voluntarily provided the BBB with all information requested about the business and its product or service. If any complaints have been received about the business, their number has not been considered by the BBB to be extreme, given the nature of the company's business and the volume of business transacted. Complaints are also generally typical of what might be expected for this type of business. A business stated to be satisfactory has not been the subject of any recent law enforcement actions concerning its dealings with the public. If the business has been contacted by the BBB about its advertising or selling claims, it has modified or substantiated its practices to the BBB's satisfaction. In addition, the BBB has a clear understanding of the company's business, and the business is not in an industry which has raised significant marketplace concerns. with the BBB. A satisfactory record

BBB Definition:
    satisfactory record - A business identified in our report as satisfactory has, based on BBB files, been in business for at least one year, and has voluntarily provided the BBB with all information requested about the business and its product or service. If any complaints have been received about the business, their number has not been considered by the BBB to be extreme, given the nature of the company's business and the volume of business transacted. Complaints are also generally typical of what might be expected for this type of business. A business stated to be satisfactory has not been the subject of any recent law enforcement actions concerning its dealings with the public. If the business has been contacted by the BBB about its advertising or selling claims, it has modified or substantiated its practices to the BBB's satisfaction. In addition, the BBB has a clear understanding of the company's business, and the business is not in an industry which has raised significant marketplace concerns.
    means a company has been in business for at least 12 months, and properly addressed matters referred by the BBB. The company does not have an unusual volume of complaints, or any government actions involving its marketplace conduct. The BBB understands and has no concerns about the company's products, services and type of business.

The BBB processed a total of 0 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period.

DO THE RESEARCH AND MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS.:sun_smiley:

There are numerous opportunities for money to be made out there.
    I am merely suggesting that you take your money elsewhere.
    I have seen deceit and significant money loss for these two people.

To an above post:

I would never be envious of an illusory lifestyle.