+ Reply to Thread

What Do You Think?

I know this may sound crazy, but this thought came about because of a "gut feeling". I may be wrong, but here goes:

I have not kept track of everything that has been brought to the public's attention regarding foods that have been contaminated recently, but first, I think, there was lettuce, then spinach. I was thinking maybe the farm workers were not being careful, then there was something about cantaloupe being contaminated, Now it is pet food.

I really, really believe these are acts of terrorists. I think they have changed their M.O. They know we are waiting for something really big from them when they attack the United States again, so now they are trying to bring down our country in ways that we would not associate with them.

Like I said I could be wrong, but it is really weird how all this contimination keeps happening one right after another.

I would like how others feel about this.

Thanks,
    need2know

Re: What Do You Think?

Another conspiracy theory? There needs to be some evidence before we go off half cocked looking for bad guys everytime something strange happens. Besides, the news media is famous for reporting things that don't happen every day. Some studies suggest that the less common an occurance the more it is reported. So if you are seeing what appears to be more food contamination reported in the news, the likelyhood is that there is actually less contamination actually happening. But I suppose all these conspiracy theories are good for the entertainment factor.
    The terminally stupid and certifiably insane.

Quote Originally Posted by need2know
    I know this may sound crazy...............because of a "gut feeling"...........foods that have been contaminated recently, but first....... there was lettuce, then spinach......... I really, really believe these are acts of terrorists..........they are trying to bring down our country in ways that we would not associate with them.
    I find nothing at all crazy about considering possibilities. On the contrary, that type of thinking outside the box can prepare you for something that you may someday be faced with, but the media would be my absolute last resort for information. I have never trusted it for accurate information because it has always been laced with propaganda with a biased motive. Just watch FOX news! But, when Brittney Spears' shaved head & American Idol makes national news, it is really time for me to look away, anywhere else for information that will help me.

I think what you are suggesting is every bit as much a possibility as the potential for terrorists to send a plague of insects into our country, but I am not going to concern myself over every fly I see. I seldom, if ever even wash my vegetables, my dog weighs in at 140 lbs. & is solid muscle, I keep my windows open at home for air to circulate & do not worry about insects creeping in, but if my ears are ever deafened with the sound of a massive swarm, only then will I run for cover.

So, to think, but not dwell on is a sign of intelligence to me. Just don't let it turn into fear, though.

Rusted is offline Gold Scams Member User Rank

It's what you get when the inspection of food is so, well....minimal. Not terrorism, just outright carelessness. As for pet food, it turns out, it's just packaged differently, but the same stuff. Not terrorism but greed and marketing.

Hi To All,

Thank you for your input. I really do appreciate it and value your opinions.

Like I said, this was a gut feeling.

I am going to keep my mind open, but I will be on the lookout to see what else pops up.

Thanks again,
    need2know

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

I don't think it is the result of terrorism because they would definetly do something to really be noticed. The animal posioning, although nhot to be merely dismissed, is nothing compared to what they would and could do if they decided to do same in this area.
    I think it is as the result of pollution of various sorts.
    Also, I continue to maintain that the workers being used to harvest and process the materials practice no to poor hygene. This is where the contanimation is coming from.
    With the case of the Pet Food contanimation, it could be the result of a carelss person applyinf rat poision in the plant. Or, a careless employee selecting the wrong material to include in the pet food formulas.
    Also, with the crop contanimations, the source could literally come from the sky in the form of toilet and other aircraft waste from commercial aircraft, falling out of the sky on to the crops in the fields. I have heard several instances of this material crashing through people's homes roof in the form of blocks of frozen material, which upon examination reveal human feces and other waste material.
    Let this same material fall into crop fields and get taken up in harvesting equipment and therefore thoroughly dispersed into the vegetable product and it makes for a volatile contanimation source.

:) Hooray! :)