+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Message from a Scientist . . .?

Please read these articles and comment:

http://leaderu.com/offices/schaefer/...cientists.html

http://www.leaderu.com/offices/schae...questions.html

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

Re: Message from a Scientist . . .?

Quote Originally Posted by enlightenme007
    Whats the point? You don't bother to read the answers to the other hundred questions you've asked, so why continue?

You seem to be consistant in finding people with no scientific background that some priest has decided is a scientific authority and posting all of their nonsese as fact. Meanwhile you ignore scientists that are credible..

Why do you seek to piss people off? Thats not very heavenly of you. In fact, thats probably sin. I guess I will see you hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag
    Whats the point? You don't bother to read the answers to the other hundred questions you've asked, so why continue?

You seem to be consistant in finding people with no scientific background that some priest has decided is a scientific authority and posting all of their nonsese as fact. Meanwhile you ignore scientists that are credible..

Why do you seek to piss people off? Thats not very heavenly of you. In fact, thats probably sin. I guess I will see you hell.
    Here we go again, you attack, attack, attack, all you want and yet again
    you FAIL to deliver a solid argument or even your thoughts on the links.
    Not only that you have no idea what you are talking about as this scientist
    has significant scientific background.
    Are you choosing, once again to ignore the truth?
    I am not trying to make anyone mad, seek the truth, that's it.

This is propaganda and thats it.

This Dr Schaefer works for the Discovery Institute and is a proponent of Intelligent design.
    In the the introduction it says he has been nominated for the Nobel Prize five times, this is a distortion. I can nominate Winnie the Pooh for the Nobel Prize five times and claim the same thing for him.
    This guy doesnt have a Nobel prize. But I want to know why Winnie doesnt have one, he deserves one more than this clown.

This stuff really doesn't belong on the science thread. How bout moving it to religion where it belongs. I'm here to talk science.
    The terminally stupid and certifiably insane.

Quote Originally Posted by pancho

This Dr Schaefer works for the Discovery Institute and is a proponent of Intelligent design.
    In the the introduction it says he has been nominated for the Nobel Prize five times, this is a distortion. I can nominate Winnie the Pooh for the Nobel Prize five times and claim the same thing for him.
    This guy doesnt have a Nobel prize. But I want to know why Winnie doesnt have one, he deserves one more than this clown.
    apparently,you are NOT a product of INTELLIGENCE!?or else you wouldn't FIGHT the idea!?hehe!!.....just askin...

Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    apparently,you are NOT a product of INTELLIGENCE!?or else you wouldn't FIGHT the idea!?hehe!!.....just askin...
    Thats a bit rich coming from the likes of you .......oh Master of Nonsense ..........or is it Drivel........no.........its DRIBBLE.
    Look out......OOO too late you'll just have to go change that Adult Diaper.

Thats a bit rich coming from the likes of you .......oh Master of Nonsense ..........or is it Drivel........no.........its DRIBBLE.
    Look out......OOO too late you'll just have to go change that Adult Diaper.
    Good comeback pancho, how long did it take you to think of that? The more I hear from you, perhaps you are convincing me we all came from apes.

You can be a good scientist and a Christian if you don't take The Bible literally. The Bible has nothing whatsoever to say about science. A scientist who takes into account religon when dealing with science, is no scientist. That's not the way science works. Enlightenme007, if you were a scientist, you would know this. Trying to rectify religon with science--or visa versa, is just plain stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by phlipper
    You can be a good scientist and a Christian if you don't take The Bible literally. The Bible has nothing whatsoever to say about science. A scientist who takes into account religon when dealing with science, is no scientist. That's not the way science works. Enlightenme007, if you were a scientist, you would know this. Trying to rectify religon with science--or visa versa, is just plain stupidity.
    are you tryin ta say stop shovin each others god up our respective rectums!?but consider either 1 run amuck is destructive!?certainly the so called true beleiver of either side is NOT engaged in same!?it's the groupys!?the recievers of the bequests of both that are caught in a battle to defend their fears!?hehe!!......just askin....

Quote Originally Posted by terry05_99
    Good comeback pancho, how long did it take you to think of that? The more I hear from you, perhaps you are convincing me we all came from apes.
    Not all......... just you and the jesus robots...

Great, great, then what do you do with these?
    Do you just disregard their contributions to science
    just because they are/were christians?

Scientists who were Christians:
    Deceased:
    Francis Bacon
    Johannes Kepler
    Blaise Pascal
    Isaac Newton
    Michael Faraday
    James Clerk Maxwell
    William Henry Perkin
    George Stokes
    Lord Kelvin
    J. J. Thomson
    Charles Coulson

Living:
    Norman March
    Robert Griffiths
    Richard Bube
    Donald Page
    Allan Sandage
    David Cole
    Francis Collins
    John Polkinghorne
    S. William Pelletier
    Andrew Bocarsly
    James Tour

Thanks for sharing but you don't have a clue, look at Isaiah 40:22 [It is] he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof [are] as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

The Bible does contain science, those that read it knew that the earth
    was as a circle. The scientists of the times thought that the earth
    was flat because that is all they could see. In the words of Lex, just askin?

Please disprove the Bible with facts then... :)
    The decisions you make today, will determine who you are tomorrow.

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by enlightenme007
    Great, great, then what do you do with these?
    Do you just disregard their contributions to science
    just because they are/were christians?

Scientists who were Christians:

Yeah if I was a high-profile scientist in the last 20 centuries I would have professed myself a believer too. You know what happens to people that didn't believe? Well that was justification for a hanging. Or maybe a nice beheading.

Look at Joan of Arc. Of all her crimes the largest one she was burned at the stake for was that she DID believe a different branch of christianity than the others. Imagine what would happen if she didn't believe at all.

You know what? If Adolf Hilter had by balls in a vice and his hand on the crank I would profess to whatever he asked. Religous leader of the past were no more reputable or honorable than he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag
    Yeah if I was a high-profile scientist in the last 20 centuries I would have professed myself a believer too. You know what happens to people that didn't believe? Well that was justification for a hanging. Or maybe a nice beheading.

Look at Joan of Arc. Of all her crimes the largest one she was burned at the stake for was that she DID believe a different branch of christianity than the others. Imagine what would happen if she didn't believe at all.

You know what? If Adolf Hilter had by balls in a vice and his hand on the crank I would profess to whatever he asked. Religous leader of the past were no more reputable or honorable than he was.
    Maybe you should have read the whole list, as you will see some are still
    living.