+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

north american corporation alliance sweepstakes scam

hi everyone that has recieved a letter in the mail from north american corporation from toronto canada saying you have won $120,000.00. along with a check made out to you for $4,950.00, signed by shanice wilhurt the promotion manager. and the letter also says to call steve wilson to talk about your numbers and further info to claim your prize.......i called to see what the hell this was and a guy that had an arabian or foreign middle east sounding accent (with a canadian postage stamp and no return address on the envolope) answered and said he cant give me any information until i give him my name, then told me to call back in 25 minutes. i called back, gave my name and he explained to me to deposit this check, then take out $2,900.00 and send it somewhere in texas (he said the 2900 was taxes on the money i won) then he explained to me that this was a lotto thing that takes random peoples cell phone accounts and are selected to be in this contest. he said i was one of the winners. so he told me to call him right after i had deposited the check. but i havent called him or deposited the check beacuse i went on the internet to research this "north american corporation" and "N.A.C. alliance sweepstakes" and the first thing that came up was "rip-off report.com" a similar guy explained somewhat the same thing that i said so i decided to post this up and i hope it goes all over the internet so this ass will stop scamming! also i could not find anything about the company or address on the letter sent in the mail. so this guy can shove his scams in his ass real tight and die of anal papercuts. this is a bunch of crap, i didnt even sign up for anything that had to do with anything on this letter! dont cash the check!!! he will get your account info back when he sees the check has cleared and drain your account! !!!!!!!!!!SCAM!!!!!!!!!!

Re: north american corporation alliance sweepstakes scam

I received the same mailing today. It was a check for 4,950.00. I called the guy to give him my claim number and he told me the same thing he told you. I was to deposit the check in the bank and call him back. Once the check clears, I will be mailed a check for 115.00 only. The other 3,950 would have been for taes. I looked up this company on the internet and the first thing I saw was ripp-off and scam alert. I hope this guy rot in hell.

I Have Received A Letter Also From No. American Sweepstakes Alliance Saying I Have Won 120,000 And To Deposit The Check Into My Acct And Send The Money To Eddy Hugo. My Check Was Made Out From Bank Of America So I Took It To The Bank And To My Surprise They Cashed It. Im Not Sure What To Do Now. Is This Legit?

I too have also received a letter saying that I won $120,000 and to deposit the check for $4,950.00 in my account and then send by Western Union or Money Gram an amount of $3,950.00. What really made me suspicious was in the letter where it said to keep it hush hush. I plan on taking it in to Bank of America tomorrow, and hopefully they can do an investigation and catch this person or these people who are trying to scam good people out of their hard earned money.

I hope these people get caught and get the maximum punishment.

I can see why someone may believe this scam just due to the fact that it promises alot of money and that would mean the end of their monies woes. I know that that was the first thing to cross my mind when I first opened the letter and read it. If you don't read it carefully, you may actually fall for it. I plan on posting this everywhere on the internet I can and hopefully educate someone before they get scammed too.

I recommend closing your account ASAP and opening a brand new one either at that Bank or a different one. If you still have the letter, show them and explain that you believe this to be a scam and for the protection of your money, you would like a brand new account and close the old one just incase these people may have gotten access to it.

My husband and I received the exact same letter and did not know about this being a scam until we already cashed the check then someone started making withdrawls from our account so we closed our accounts at our bank. Now the bank is contacting us stating that the check for the 4,950.00 bounced from this north american sweepstakes alliance and is requesting that we give them the money!! What gets me is that if I write a check for almost 5 grand to someone and it bounces I'm responsible. The bank wants us to be held responsible even though we're the ones who cashed a check made out to us. We still haven't sent the 2,950.00 because we couldn't contact anyone to get the address of where to send it to and now after knowing this we won't be sending them a single red cent. I contacted consumer affairs and they told me that there was nothing we can do to these people and that we will have to pay back the bank but I intend to get a lawyer and sue North American Sweepstakes Alliance not only for the 4,950.00 for the bounced check plus fees but for the rest of the 120,000.00 that we supposedly won. Also I intend to contact the police department and press charges against them for writing a bad check. Someone needs to do something about this situation and no one that I have contacted so far seems to be willing to help us. Perhaps we should all get a lawyer together and go after them for our money after all we each supposedly won 120,000.00 and anyone who cashes that check will probably expierence the same things as my husband and I.

Also just to let anyone else out there know they have changed the names to contact Tony Edward and the promotion manager is now named David William. The rest of the letter stays the same I would just like to know is the phone number on your letters to contact them 647-830-7096?
    Thanks

I received the letter also, just to update everyone on the names and numbers on the letter they are to call Mr. John Bull at 1-647-887-8583 and fax# 1-501-621-1996 or email at paymentinfo@cityfinancialinc.com. The address on the top of the letter is 55 Bloor St. Toronto, ON M3N 7T2 and it is signed by Mrs. Lane Pederson Promotin Mgr. I agree with happybride on getting a lawyer. Mine is for NORTH AMERICAN SWEEPSTAKES ALLIANCE eveything else is the same.
    Last edited by mrjackbutler; 04-03-2007 at 06:20 PM.

I received the letter also, just to update everyone on the names and numbers on the letter. Mine is for NORTH AMERICAN SWEEPSTAKES ALLIANCE. Mr. John Bull at 1-647-887-8583 and fax# 1-501-621-1996 or email at paymentinfo@cityfinancialinc.com. The address on the top of the letter is 55 Bloor St. Toronto, ON M3N 7T2 and it is signed by Mrs. Lane Pederson Promotin Mgr. I agree with happybride on getting a lawyer.

I just got one of these letters yesterday. My "Claim Agen" was Mr. Tom Clark at (1-416-839-3268) I did a reverse phone lookup and found that the name was unavailable, but the number is from Toronto Canada. The other number is the same as those listed 1-501-621-1996. This number is in Little Rock Arkansas. I would like to know how you can go about calling the authorities on these crooks? I would gladly do it. I have deposited the check and found out it was a scam when I got concerned and called the bank the check was wrote on. they gave me the name of the company (Appleton Lathing Corp) before I finished my sentence. She told me it was a bogus account. I have tried to get the check pulled, but it didn't work.
    Any information would be appreciated.

Hi! I received the same letter on 4/3/07. the check was for 4950. They wanted me to send in 2950 by money gram or western union. I do believe that we all should get some lawyers and sue these scam artists for the supposedly 120,000 that we won. If someone know of a lawyer that will take this case let me know.

I got the letter today. It's the same as all you guys. Check for $4,950.00, pay $2,950.00 for taxes, claims agent is Tom Clark, promotiom manager is Lane Pederson and I have 10 days to respond. I might just choose to play with them a little instead of trying to claim anything. If you guys find a way to get a lawyer involved, I am in also. Until then, let's pull some chains of some scammer pricks!!

mrmann

I've also received the check,and I went to the bank to make sure it was "real"I was surprised to find out that the check was good.I've have deposited the check.Just now I contacted this Mr.John Bull,he was trying to give me an address that I would send the money to,but I couldn't understand what we was saying,so,I decided to google the company to get the address and instead I found this.I'm now calling the bank to block my accounts.And about getting a lawyer and sue this bastards let me know,I'm in.

[undefinedundefinedundefined My wife and I just received the same letter today in the mail along with a check from Bank of America in the amount of $4950! The first thing through my mind was what garbage is this? I made a phone call to the number 1-647-887-6855 and a answering machine picked up that said, " you have reached 647-887-6855!" I immediately started laughing about this. If this was a valid letter and check from a reputable organization there would have been, at the very least, a message declaring who, what and where you have called. The first thing to look for is 9 declared winners. Secondly, they have made unsuccessful attempts to contact and this entitles you to $120,000! Third, it must be kept quiet! Fourth, no out of pocket expenses to you! Fifth, you are required to pay $2950 for tax charges on $120,000 (give me a break)! Sixth, paid only by money gram or western union DIRECTLY to the agent! (If it was legitimate, wouldn't the funds be made out to the organization?) It is seriously sad when sick people prey on good people and take advantage of people that are in serious need. Another thing that just struck me is the check, Consolidated Citrus Limited Partnership out of FT. Mayers, Fl ( it should be spelled Fort Meyers) I lived there for 5 years. Since the letter and check originated from withing the Untied States, it can be turned over to the District Attorney's office for further processing. A case will be built against this type of insanity! People use common sense, if it seems to good to be true, it usually is! Read the entire letter and look at how it is worded, not a legal letter as it should be.

undefinedundefinedundefined
    I, too, have received this identical letter this week! This is such BS! There has to be something we can do. I bet all of our claim numbers are even the same damn thing! Mine is from City Financial Incorporated Toronto, ON (416) 829-4470.
    Well I figured this was too good to be true because I've never won anything my whole damn life so why now out of the blue win something that I never even entered into? But still you have that little voice saying,"but what if it's not a scam...you'll be sorry". So I thought it over and what I did was call my claim agent(Mrs. Stephanie Louis) at 416-829-4470 and she answered with a plain "Hello" and I gave her her the info yada,yada,yada and again she said go deposit the check for $4950 and call back.
    But what I did was I went to my banking center and just opened a brand new account with this check and it's a savings account. So I was told at the bank that it would clear by Friday, but this way there is $0 in a brand new account unless this check actually clears. So now what do I do? If it does clear what should I do? Leave it the savings to collect interest, file a police report, notify my bank, or join the force to get a lawyer and get our rightful winnings for torment and mental anguish and financial burdens caused by these sorry SOB's?
    But get this... I called "my agent" back to tell her I've deposited the check and she says to call back the next day but I tell her it might not be for a couple days due to the holidays and she says if I want I can just call her back the day the check clears the bank. Why then?
    I know I sound a little naive but I seriously have a hard time wondering why there are people this cruel and wish that everyone could just honor the "pay it forward" plan for a much happier way to spend your life and feel like you actually did make someone happy. I'm sorry but these people are sick individuals that spent this much time, effort and money preying on people that actually work for a living. In reality , it's probable an extended family organization all hugged up in a one, one somewhere answering these phone lines all day and sending out more perfectly planned scam letters as we speak! It's pretty scary if you think about what's going on in current events...who are these people, really? :mad: :mad: and what is their main objective to doing this?

I too got this letter and at first thought that it would be a scam or some kind of catch to it but then I sorta leead to beleive it due to the fact the the bank is a reputable bank (bank of america). Thats when I decieded to get online to find out some more about the company. I do always get entered into drwlings, I thought wow I finally won something and gosh I could do so much with that amount to $. I am glad that all of you are taking the time to speak out and let everyone become more aware of the situation. So now Im undeceided, do I rip up the check and the letter or call the athorities to catch these heartless people. Just to let you know too, the info on my letter is a little different. The agent to contact to verify prize is Ms. Rosa Benson. I also won the 120.000.00 but my tax owed are 3,200.00 but my check was also for 4,950.00. one last thing on my check top left corner there is the mitubishi symble along with an adress 655 third ave, 5th floor new york ny 10017 to mitubishi international polymer trade corp.
    Last edited by monabones; 04-09-2007 at 03:32 AM.