+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Threads Locked.

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

Threads Locked.

Who is locking threads and why?

Re: Threads Locked.

Quote Originally Posted by coontie
    The better question would be who has the key??
    The decisions you make today, will determine who you are tomorrow.

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

What threads are being locked coontie? I'll see if I can check and find out why.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    What threads are being locked coontie? I'll see if I can check and find out why.

Lady Mod
    As of as late as 11:30 P.M. CST the following thread were shown as locked:

- God has his chosen people, the Jews.

- Justis Barryomore and Stuart Wilde.

- Truth about 666, the beast and the seal of the beast.

This morning, as I look at the "Religious Scam form" these same threads are now shown as NOT LOCKED.

Wondering... further 'games'? Leaves one wondering anymore if the owners of this website have proprietary control? Perhaps the person/s that are hacking this site have 'privileged access' to the site. Meaning that they have some position on the 'staff' of the site.

As of as late as 11:30 P.M. CST the following thread were shown as locked:

- God has his chosen people, the Jews.

- Justis Barryomore and Stuart Wilde.

- Truth about 666, the beast and the seal of the beast.

This morning, as I look at the "Religious Scam form" these same threads are now shown as NOT LOCKED.

Wondering... further 'games'? Leaves one wondering anymore if the owners of this website have proprietary control? Perhaps the person/s that are hacking this site have 'privileged access' to the site. Meaning that they have some position on the 'staff' of the site.
    Hmmm. I'll have to admit that I haven't paid much attention to this particular forum and missed seeing the threads locked. And I can't think of a single reason for it happening either.

Beats me what is going on. Threads are moving around, threads disappear into thing air, posts appear and disappear. I surrender. I can't even remove a thread off the forum so we are subjected to seeing all these deleted threads created by scammers instead of the subjects created by members.

Are you sure it can't be because of the messed up software? I think Zachary is the only one working on the website.

Lady Mod

It's all news to me too...just got here after a few days off and it's all crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by scambuster
    It's all news to me too...just got here after a few days off and it's all crazy!
    Be prepared to be inundated with PM's asking when it's going to be fixed. LOL.

Point them to the announcement. We (moderators) DON'T know.

Lady Mod

Coontie,

I think it's happening all over the forum. A user asked me the day before yesterday why the Kurt Steele thread was closed. I didn't know which forum it was in so I asked for a link and he wrote back that it was open again. That is in the Internet Scams forum.

It's probably happened in other forums as well. Not that one can be comforted by that but at least it isn't just in this forum.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Hmmm. I'll have to admit that I haven't paid much attention to this particular forum and missed seeing the threads locked. And I can't think of a single reason for it happening either.

Beats me what is going on. Threads are moving around, threads disappear into thing air, posts appear and disappear. I surrender. I can't even remove a thread off the forum so we are subjected to seeing all these deleted threads created by scammers instead of the subjects created by members.

Are you sure it can't be because of the messed up software? I think Zachary is the only one working on the website.

Lady Mod
    It is suspicious... the site seems to be working fine, often for extensive periods. Then these kinds of problems.
    I, of course am not privy to the inner workings of the site, so cannot say what is really coming down. I see some sensitive and controversial topics being posted and discussed and opinions exchanged. Some are heated and volatile. Some individuals don't like certain topics being brought to light and discussed openly. But many of these ideas, beliefs and bigoted ideas and presepts should be brought out in the open. It is said the Devil fears the light. Meaning that lies, untruth and bigotry fear and despise to be revealed, because as long as they are allowed to NOT be indentified and revealed for just what they are, they will continue to have existence, life.
    So it is with the freedom and right for individuals to have open discussion. But then it is like some governments: speak the truth to often, openly and loudly and there is going to be trouble. I suppose here, the way it works is that a hacker that doesn't like the way things are going will attact the site. Even, as I suggested, possibly from the inside. What more convienent and effective a position to do the same?
    So Zacharay is 'working on the site'. Who is helping Zachary? Does he have the expertise to support the site solely? Or does he need the services of programming and softawre experts.
    Me thinks it might be time to have a Firewall for the website. Then, when someone signs on, they are in an established firewall. However, since it is an 'open forum' all the hackers would merely need to do is to sign up for membership. Hardly a problem. Or, if the problem is coming from the inside?
    ANyhow, basically it is a good and worthwhile forum and I hope, as I think many others do that things will get fixed. For how long, who knows. Nothing is forever, eh?

In the meantime how about unlocking some of the threads?
    Starting with the Greenzap thread.

It is suspicious... the site seems to be working fine, often for extensive periods. Then these kinds of problems.
    I, of course am not privy to the inner workings of the site, so cannot say what is really coming down. I see some sensitive and controversial topics being posted and discussed and opinions exchanged. Some are heated and volatile. Some individuals don't like certain topics being brought to light and discussed openly. But many of these ideas, beliefs and bigoted ideas and presepts should be brought out in the open. It is said the Devil fears the light. Meaning that lies, untruth and bigotry fear and despise to be revealed, because as long as they are allowed to NOT be indentified and revealed for just what they are, they will continue to have existence, life.
    So it is with the freedom and right for individuals to have open discussion. But then it is like some governments: speak the truth to often, openly and loudly and there is going to be trouble. I suppose here, the way it works is that a hacker that doesn't like the way things are going will attact the site. Even, as I suggested, possibly from the inside. What more convienent and effective a position to do the same?
    So Zacharay is 'working on the site'. Who is helping Zachary? Does he have the expertise to support the site solely? Or does he need the services of programming and softawre experts.
    Me thinks it might be time to have a Firewall for the website. Then, when someone signs on, they are in an established firewall. However, since it is an 'open forum' all the hackers would merely need to do is to sign up for membership. Hardly a problem. Or, if the problem is coming from the inside?
    ANyhow, basically it is a good and worthwhile forum and I hope, as I think many others do that things will get fixed. For how long, who knows. Nothing is forever, eh?
    suspicion!?now there's a word!?if god is a unbiased force and suspicion becomes his tool!?WHO gave it to him!?and where did THEY get it!?and what di he do with it after he got it!?can WE take it back!?or at least make him use it RESPONSIBLY!?hehe!!.....just askin....