+ Reply to Thread

John Beck "Free & Clear" system for buying houses

Is this guy for real? Anyone know about buying tax liens and/or tax deeds as a way to invest on property?

Re: John Beck "Free & Clear" system for buying houses

If he is running infomercials on how to get rich, he is a scammer.

Never heard of him.
    But after doing a simple search on Google reveals this first link:
    http://www.infomercialratings.com/pr...free_and_clear

I was considering buying this program, but decided not to after reading thisinformation. Also the link in the above resonse was very informative. I am wondering something, though. Why is everyone wondering why the government isn't doing something about it? The answer is that most likely, they don't know. There is only one way for the government and other watchdog agengies to know. That is for the scammed to "blow the whistle" and snitch these guys out. The best way is to Find out where his business Headquarters is and file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. You can do this online by going to the main BBB website and find Local BBB Web site for John Beck on there. Go to the local chapter website and go to file a complaint and go from there. I use the BBB Web sites to research businesses. I Have never filed a complaint, so I leave that for you to take care of. Secondly, I would inform the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) about this guy. If enough complaints are made, they might square his rear away. This is the only way that the government will know. This is the only way the government will do anything about it. Also go on and file here. People want to hear the opimions of other real people. Well, I hope this helps folks to get this guy squared away.

Blessed be,

Sean "Gavin" M.
    Last edited by gavin901; 04-28-2007 at 02:01 PM.

Why is everyone wondering why the government isn't doing something about it? The answer is that most likely, they don't know.
    They know. But if you post tiny print on the bottom of the screen: "Results may vary. This result is not indicative of your future earnings", you can say anything you want. Thats the rule of infomercials and how they circumvent truth.

Re: John Beck "Free & Clear" system for buying hou

Thanks for the information on the BBB. I also think this man and his associates needs to be stopped. My husband tried the system but all they did was take his money. They also connect you to sub groups like Strategic Financial LLC. They are suppose to handle you taxes. But they also just collect large upfront and monthly fees and provide no service. They are the epitomy of scamming. We managed to get out before it got to bad. But we have been told that they have drained peoples accounts by continuing to take the monthly payments even after people have severed ties with them. We were advised to go to our bank and put stop payments into place. They are truely unethical and I hope that web sites like this will help people making a mistake. I really like to figure out a way to put him and his cohorts out of business.

I checked into this as well. Didn't buy into it, but did some research and it's more hype than anything. Yes, it is possible that in certain demographics those properties were purchased for a few hundred dollars. However, when? what year? Not recently I'm sure given the market values that have sky rocketed in recent years in many areas. Another thing, what was the conditions of these homes? Do you ever see the inside of the homes on his ad? He makes it sound like it is so simple which it really isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by abitwiser View Post
    Thanks for the information on the BBB. I also think this man and his associates needs to be stopped. My husband tried the system but all they did was take his money. They also connect you to sub groups like Strategic Financial LLC. They are suppose to handle you taxes. But they also just collect large upfront and monthly fees and provide no service. They are the epitomy of scamming. We managed to get out before it got to bad. But we have been told that they have drained peoples accounts by continuing to take the monthly payments even after people have severed ties with them. We were advised to go to our bank and put stop payments into place. They are truely unethical and I hope that web sites like this will help people making a mistake. I really like to figure out a way to put him and his cohorts out of business.
    Thank you for sharing your experience. I was watching this on tv and wondered what's the deal.

Ahh yes John Beck most definitely a huge scammer. First off he is trying to charge you for free public information you can get through your own county. There is alot of competition for government tax auctions. He is talking about pennies on the dollar blah blah blah. It's only possible if you already have a lean on the property because then before the house actually gets turned over to the county for auction there is paperwork you can do to get it first. My best advice yes there is absolutely a DECENT amount of money to be made in this but you really need to know your ins and outs. Go to Barnes and Noble or Borders and get books on tax liens don't spend thousands of dollars on a program that you can do for free with some simple research and a couple of calls to the county office. Oh and heads up on his so called tax list that's available all the time yeah bull because when you call the county office they will let you know the list only comes out ONCE a year usually between May and June. Hope this helps anyone who would consider this.: