View Poll Results: Which is more beneficial to man's well-being?

Voters
5. This poll is closed
  • Christians who don't just talk it, but practice Christianity as they understand it.

0 0%
  • Everyone, all-inclusive as mandated by a self-governed society.

3 60.00%
  • Atheists only, who practice good morals.

2 40.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

HeGod?SheGod?Jesus?MotherEarth?MorkFromOrk?

Of all the places I have ever been, seen or visited, in person or on the internet, the subject matter that involves faith and the godhead of the universe, is the most hotly debated. It has been going on for over 2,000 years now. No debate will ever bring conciliation among the contenders of opposing sides and anyone who opposes what is Good and Right, will not listen to any other view, just as anyone who lives what is good and right will not be swayed by a non-believer's suggestion. Only circumstances that directly affect an individual can or will play a part in altering their beliefs. An athiest may rethink the existence if they witness an unexplainable miracle to self or a loved one and a believer may reject God if they are deeply hurt and can not accept suffering.

I just find it so ironic that these are the very places that many athiests and agnostics so aggressively search to mete out their feelings and more often than not, they are very volatile, but it would not be fair to say that applies only to the athiests. Christians can be every bit as volatile and I can not grasp the reason for continuing a perpetual argument, especially when you know you are right (in your beliefs), but moreso because a true christian also knows that it is wrong (to argue futilely).

So when you know your heart and soul is right, then what do words matter? I do not care what I am called. I only care that I am called of God. A true christian will not force their beliefs on anyone. I realize that many are just simply stating what they believe and hopefully there are doubters who will take it all in and pray for guidance, but to argue, or debate, or to participate in anything that incites anger is...., is......well, it is just plain foolish.
    A couple of Proverbs come to mind:
    1. The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge: but the mouth of fools feedeth on foolishness.
    2. A wise man feareth, and departeth from evil: but the fool rageth, and is confident.

Guys and gals, with this said, I am going to have to move on. It has been a brief experience, a learning experience, a real experience, that is within the reality of my "plane of existence" (lol), but I am going to have to shake the dust off and move on now to a place that I can find growth, not volleying.

Always remember to forget the troubles that passed away.
    But never forget to remember the blessings that come each day.
    Blessings to you all.

In Christ's Love,
    what the heck is this crap?

tony_jenn Guest

Re: HeGod?SheGod?Jesus?MotherEarth?MorkFromOrk?

Amen Jesus Is Lord

truthbearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wiseroption
    Of all the places I have ever been, seen or visited, in person or on the internet, the subject matter that involves faith and the godhead of the universe, is the most hotly debated. It has been going on for over 2,000 years now. No debate will ever bring conciliation among the contenders of opposing sides and anyone who opposes what is Good and Right, will not listen to any other view, just as anyone who lives what is good and right will not be swayed by a non-believer's suggestion. Only circumstances that directly affect an individual can or will play a part in altering their beliefs. An athiest may rethink the existence if they witness an unexplainable miracle to self or a loved one and a believer may reject God if they are deeply hurt and can not accept suffering.

I just find it so ironic that these are the very places that many athiests and agnostics so aggressively search to mete out their feelings and more often than not, they are very volatile, but it would not be fair to say that applies only to the athiests. Christians can be every bit as volatile and I can not grasp the reason for continuing a perpetual argument, especially when you know you are right (in your beliefs), but moreso because a true christian also knows that it is wrong (to argue futilely).

So when you know your heart and soul is right, then what do words matter? I do not care what I am called. I only care that I am called of God. A true christian will not force their beliefs on anyone. I realize that many are just simply stating what they believe and hopefully there are doubters who will take it all in and pray for guidance, but to argue, or debate, or to participate in anything that incites anger is...., is......well, it is just plain foolish.
    1. The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge: but the mouth of fools feedeth on foolishness.
    2. A wise man feareth, and departeth from evil: but the fool rageth, and is confident.

Guys and gals, with this said, I am going to have to move on. It has been a brief experience, a learning experience, a real experience, that is within the reality of my "plane of existence" (lol), but I am going to have to shake the dust off and move on now to a place that I can find growth, not volleying.

Blessings to you all.

In Christ's Love,
    Wise, Thanks for stopping in and thanks for the wonderful , insightful words of your post..It was clearly the voice of a wise loving God speaking through your heart and words.

I am blessed to hear it and also guided to bear it for it's instruction to all is heartfelt and peaceful..Thanks for sharing those words of love and strength. I believe it is a reminder to us who Know Him and an encouragement or exhortation who may not know him and his ways.

Go in Peace Wiseman..your words sure are filled with wisdom today...bless you brother and our prayers of the struggling saints go with you as well...Be comforted too, for I pray you will be visited with the purposes of His will as you were here with us this brief moment..come back though and remember us who are of the brotherhood who need your prayers for you have proven that you have walked with him and know him for I hear his voice in your writings.

God bless you Sir, and may the power of His Spirit Always be strong in you..

TB

oh christ Whatever

everyone wants to be god/jesus,no one wants to be disciple/servant!?hehe!!....just askin...

Blessings to you all.

In Christ's Love,
    he who leaves cannot learn!?if he l l could not hold the christ!?then what is the fear/disrespect you feel!?hehe!!but if you do get pumped back up,come on back and face the valley of the shadow of death again!?hehe!!ya gotta walk thru it someday!?hehe!!.....just askin.....

As I was purging my yahoo mail, I noticed several scam mailer notices and decided to courteously accept the responses and not being one to run from my accusers, now respectfully reciprocate.

Tony Jenn; the sheer simplicity of your response is a blessing within itself.

TruthBearer; I honestly can not think of anything more personally satisfying than for someone who knows the love of the Lord themselves, to feel as if I have spoken even one single word that is reflective of Him. It is really amazing to me that how being so humbled by that, I am also left with a feeling of such great responsibility.

Pancho; God bless you.

Lexx; I like you. I think you are very smart. You have an interesting mind, at least in print. I think you "hehe!!!...just asking" signature sprinkles are funny. You are either of genius caliber with a multi-tasking focus problem or dim-witted with a single attention to detail. Either way, I like you and I respect you. Once deciphered, your posts are often challenging.

And no, I have no fear of the valley of the shadow of death, but will attest to the fact that the valley of death is nowhere on this board. I find absolutely no fear in the words that any man speaks or writes. Like Mark Twain said, "Be careful about reading health books, you might die of a misprint". In other words, read and enjoy, but discern, discern, discern.

Just as God, the Creator of all existence in the heavens and on the earth is the Only one I revere with utmost love and fear, so is the only written word I stand in utmost love and fear of, The Holy Bible.

Perhaps you are correct though, in that I should revisit the board periodically because you guys are right, there is always something to learn everywhere you go.

Thanks for caring. :)
    what the heck is this crap?

blaze33 Guest

As I was purging my yahoo mail, I noticed several scam mailer notices and decided to courteously accept the responses and not being one to run from my accusers, now respectfully reciprocate.

Tony Jenn; the sheer simplicity of your response is a blessing within itself.

TruthBearer; I honestly can not think of anything more personally satisfying than for someone who knows the love of the Lord themselves, to feel as if I have spoken even one single word that is reflective of Him. It is really amazing to me that how being so humbled by that, I am also left with a feeling of such great responsibility.

Pancho; God bless you.

Lexx; I like you. I think you are very smart. You have an interesting mind, at least in print. I think you "hehe!!!...just asking" signature sprinkles are funny. You are either of genius caliber with a multi-tasking focus problem or dim-witted with a single attention to detail. Either way, I like you and I respect you. Once deciphered, your posts are often challenging.

And no, I have no fear of the valley of the shadow of death, but will attest to the fact that the valley of death is nowhere on this board. I find absolutely no fear in the words that any man speaks or writes. Like Mark Twain said, "Be careful about reading health books, you might die of a misprint". In other words, read and enjoy, but discern, discern, discern.

Just as God, the Creator of all existence in the heavens and on the earth is the Only one I revere with utmost love and fear, so is the only written word I stand in utmost love and fear of, The Holy Bible.

Perhaps you are correct though, in that I should revisit the board periodically because you guys are right, there is always something to learn everywhere you go.

Thanks for caring. :)

Thank you too Wise,

I appreciate your soft heart.
    tb

9. 11-21-2006, 09:29 PM

Reason
    Duplicate post

Your Opinion on Agreeing to Disagree?

This question is directed at everyone on the board and since the definition of religion is a set of beliefs that a person lives by, it is very fitting in this category.

Do you feel that certain individuals, whether singularly or corporately gathered should ever "Agree to Disagree" on any or all issues at hand?

Please back up your answer with reasoning and if you choose to be indifferent, then it is evident that you support agreeing to disagree.

Re: Your Opinion on Agreeing to Disagree?

This question is directed at everyone on the board and since the definition of religion is a set of beliefs that a person lives by, it is very fitting in this category.

Do you feel that certain individuals, whether singularly or corporately gathered should ever "Agree to Disagree" on any or all issues at hand?

Please back up your answer with reasoning and if you choose to be indifferent, then it is evident that you support agreeing to disagree.
    Well when you put so many loop holes in that... yes... I believe that in some instances that this is acceptable...
    The decisions you make today, will determine who you are tomorrow.

This is simply a cliche to end an argument that has become repetitive and is proceeding nowhere. I often say, "Let's just agree to dissagree." At some point the arguement becomes moot and fruitless so why continue. On this forum, I will continue a dialogue until the point that I begin to repeat myself. At that point, I cut it off, often using this cliche.
    The terminally stupid and certifiably insane.

I disagreed, seriously, with my former Father-in-Law on religious issues. He disagreed, seriously, with me on the same issues. Rather than argue about it we both decided life was too short... we "agreed to disagree" acknowledging the other's right to believe as they will... and got along well after that.

In a public forum disagreement is what keeps it rolling. However, that disagreement must be tempered with the knowledge that the other individual has the right to believe what they will.

I LOVE IT!?and....I HATE IT!?.....what to do.......hehe!!and why/how do i AFFORD this difference!?and HOW do i support this difference/hope/politics/religion!?is it by MYSELF alone or is it by BACKUP!?and what is the DEFINITION of BACKUP and WHO CARES!?and why do they care!?and what does CARE mean!?and who decides the OUTCOME!?and who SUFFERS the LOSS!?and why is LOSS necessary!?and is GAIN the DEFINING REALITY of LOSS!?and what is GAIN and who is the GAINER and who is the LOSER!?and ...WHO CARES!?....so is CARES the DETERMINING factor and is WHAT the determining GOAL!?PANCHO!!SAVE ME!!hehe!!.....just askin...

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM
    I disagreed, seriously, with my former Father-in-Law on religious issues. He disagreed, seriously, with me on the same issues. Rather than argue about it we both decided life was too short... we "agreed to disagree" acknowledging the other's right to believe as they will... and got along well after that.

In a public forum disagreement is what keeps it rolling. However, that disagreement must be tempered with the knowledge that the other individual has the right to believe what they will.
    Quote Originally Posted by bogie
    This is simply a cliche to end an argument that has become repetitive and is proceeding nowhere. I often say, "Let's just agree to dissagree." At some point the arguement becomes moot and fruitless so why continue. On this forum, I will continue a dialogue until the point that I begin to repeat myself. At that point, I cut it off, often using this cliche.
    Both of you have enlightened me in accepting the term in a new & better light. - Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    I LOVE IT!?and....I HATE IT!?.....what to do.......hehe!!and why/how do i AFFORD this difference!?and HOW do i support this difference/hope/politics/religion!?is it by MYSELF alone or is it by BACKUP!?and what is the DEFINITION of BACKUP and WHO CARES!?and why do they care!?and what does CARE mean!?and who decides the OUTCOME!?and who SUFFERS the LOSS!?and why is LOSS necessary!?and is GAIN the DEFINING REALITY of LOSS!?and what is GAIN and who is the GAINER and who is the LOSER!?and ...WHO CARES!?....so is CARES the DETERMINING factor and is WHAT the determining GOAL!?PANCHO!!SAVE ME!!hehe!!.....just askin...
    This is some of the most confused brain salad that I have ever tried to digest in my life! - perhaps some LSD would give me some clarity on this combination of partial sentences, but I will just pass.

This is some of the most confused brain salad that I have ever tried to digest in my life! - perhaps some LSD would give me some clarity on this combination of partial sentences, but I will just pass.
    You just don't understand Lexx. The rest of us don't understand lexx either until we've had a few drinks. Then we still don't understand but he makes us all happy. :D
    The terminally stupid and certifiably insane.

Quote Originally Posted by bogie
    You just don't understand Lexx. The rest of us don't understand lexx either until we've had a few drinks. Then we still don't understand but he makes us all happy. :D
    Hey, I thoroughly do or more fittingly worded, "haphazardly" enjoy lexx's posts. Some of them do actually make sense to me, while others are just amusing.