+ Reply to Thread

Why Does Radical Right-wing Hate America?

It used to be that presidents made decisions based, at least in part, on the judgments of the intelligence community.

It was a shock to see that process stood on its head, with the president asserting a ''grave and growing danger'' and then telling functionaries like Tenet to conjure up the ''intelligence'' to support his rhetorical flourishes.
    We are talking about untruths with tragic consequences.

Best case scenario now:

We were doing OK until; Bush went to sleep (at best) and let Osama hit us.

Then he kicked every hornet's nest he could find, turning North Korea and Iran and Iraq into perhaps never-ending problems with perhaps millions dead.

...all so their warmonger pals could cash in and move to Dubai with our Treasury. Sweet. And now Herr Bush's family is buying up thousands of acres in Paraguay. Why do these Monkey's hate America?

And then there's the Abuse of Power Act - or rather The Patriot Act?

PBS reported that over 150,00 have been issued since the incidents in downtown New York and Washington - on Sept. 11, 2001, I think. About 70 a day. Some of the abuse involved promising that they would show the letter to those of whom they were asking the information, only to take the info and run.

Although I have to admit things are so much simpler to understand since everything the U.S.government does is, by definition, good now that we have done away with those God-Damned First Ten Amendments to the constitution. Without that pesky impediment, our police forces can
    use their divinely-inspired knowledge of who the bad guys are without worrying about liberal concepts such as civil rights.

I wonder why do these Monkeys hate America so.

Last edited by dchristie; 03-14-2007 at 06:35 AM.

Re: Why Does Radical Right-wing Hate America?

Quote Originally Posted by dchristie
    It used to be that presidents made decisions based, at least in part, on the judgments of the intelligence community.

It was a shock to see that process stood on its head, with the president asserting a ''grave and growing danger'' and then telling functionaries like Tenet to conjure up the ''intelligence'' to support his rhetorical flourishes.
    We are talking about untruths with tragic consequences.

Best case scenario now:

We were doing OK until; Bush went to sleep (at best) and let Osama hit us.

Then he kicked every hornet's nest he could find, turning North Korea and Iran and Iraq into perhaps never-ending problems with perhaps millions dead.

...all so their warmonger pals could cash in and move to Dubai with our Treasury. Sweet. And now Herr Bush's family is buying up thousands of acres in Paraguay. Why do these Monkey's hate America?

And then there's the Abuse of Power Act - or rather The Patriot Act?

PBS reported that over 150,00 have been issued since the incidents in downtown New York and Washington - on Sept. 11, 2001, I think. About 70 a day. Some of the abuse involved promising that they would show the letter to those of whom they were asking the information, only to take the info and run.

Although I have to admit things are so much simpler to understand since everything the U.S.government does is, by definition, good now that we have done away with those God-Damned First Ten Amendments to the constitution. Without that pesky impediment, our police forces can
    use their divinely-inspired knowledge of who the bad guys are without worrying about liberal concepts such as civil rights.

I wonder why do these Monkeys hate America so.

dchristie, Sir Your post is a total pile of rubbish, But thats not what bothers me, Why would someone as intelligent as you KNOWINGLY post false statements? Believe it or not i just paid you a compliment. Alright lets break it down a bit.

You quoted: "We were doing ok until; Bush went to sleep (at best) and let Osama hit us"
    Thats almost laughable, Tell me, if you can remember, how long did all the intelligence experts including the 9/11 report estimate the planning phase for that horrible attack. How Long? Was it just a few months? Or a few years?
    No i'm not Blaming Clinton like the way some people in here blame Bush for anything and everything, I Blame Bin Laden!
    BTW, and i'm not being sarcastic, You said: "Osama hit us" and i say good for you. It's very nice to see you speak out against Muslum terrorists, as i was reading your post i was more than ready for your Zionists comments yet there was none!
    Sir you also quoted: "Then he kicked every hornet's nest he could find, turning North Korea and Iran and Iraq, into perhaps never-ending problems with perhaps millions dead"
    So what is this supposed to be the joke of the day? You KNOW Iran has been a problem since 1979 when another US Prez refused to back the Shah, yet once again as always you blame Bush. How about blaming Iran for Iran instead of YOUR President. Oh i almost forgot, it's not politicly correct to use the words "Axis Of Evil" weather thats true or not dosen't matter right?
    Correct me if i'm wrong but i seem to remember back in 1994 Prez Clinton signed an agreement with N. Korea that i'm certain you are well versed with the terms of such agreement. I'm not pointing fingers at Clinton so why are you blaming Bush! I'd like to believe that anyone with any God given common sence would blame North Korea for North Korea!!
    Iraq: Iraq is a mess! there's no way to sugar it. IMO, The real mistake was not bad intelligence it was very short sighted planning. Where was the thinking and the planning for the "What If" scenereo? Obviously there was NONE and now we are paying the price! We can only hope and pray that we can work our way out of there with some type of succesful conclusion...
    Rich99

Re: Why Does Radical Right-Wing Hate America?

actually!?THEY dont HATE AMERICA!?THEY hate that ALL men may BECOME americans BY the TRUE definition of the NEW WORLD!?hehe!!....just askin....

4. 03-17-2007, 09:56 AM

Re: Why Does Radical Right-Wing Hate America?

Forget Israel, Befriend Russia
    by Charley Reese

A little more than half of the U.S. population lives in 75 metropolitan areas. Russia has 4,399 nuclear warheads deployed. Except for 624 to be carried by bombers, they are all land-based and submarine missiles.

Furthermore, this past week Russia test-fired a land-based missile, the RSM54, and a submarine-launched missile. Both were intercontinental. Both hit their targets dead-on. The sub launch was, by the way, the sixth such test-firing conducted this year.

In the meantime, Iran has no nuclear weapons and no intercontinental ballistic missiles or long-range bombers. North Korea might have two or three nuclear missiles. Yet the administration, and most of America's news media, seems obsessed with Iran, no doubt because Israel is obsessed with Iran. A story by the Jewish Telegraph Agency reported that the American Israel Public Affairs Committee played a lobbying role in deleting a provision in the defense bill that would have required the president to get Congress' OK before launching a war against Iran.

So what's my point? First, when assessing threats, all but fools look at capability, not intentions or rhetoric. Russia has the capability of wiping us out. Iran would be hard-pressed to sink one destroyer. Therefore, it would behoove us to put good relations with Russia very high on a diplomatic agenda. Yet, on the contrary, the Bush administration goes out of its way to insult Russia and to interfere in what Russia sees as its internal affairs.

Secondly, because of the cowardice of Congress, the U.S. government has allowed a little country in the Middle East (Israel) to distort our priorities. Our first priority should be getting along with Russia. Iran is a small country we can squash anytime. Russia is not small, and it can squash us anytime. How darn stupid does one have to be not to realize that?

We've already blundered by not seizing the opportunity of the collapse of the Soviet Union to disband NATO and seriously pursue helping Russia join the West. Instead, we sent some financial sharpies in to help a few Russians steal most of the country's wealth. Russia's president, Vladimir Putin, is 100 percent correct to go after the oligarchs who bought up the state's resources for pennies on the dollar and became overnight billionaires. One is in jail, another fled to England, and several others have sought refuge in Israel.

When you hear Putin being maligned by people in the West, whether they're in government, journalism or academia, just remember that money buys wh0res, and wh0res service their customers.

Future historians may view the failure to bring Russia into the West, when the opportunity was there, as one of history's all-time strategic blunders.

The only legitimate interest we have in the Middle East is access to oil. Notice I said access, not control. It doesn't matter who controls it, because whoever does will be willing to sell it, since oil is inedible. Other than that, we have no – I repeat, no – legitimate interests, national or otherwise, in that region of the world.

American politicians need to get over their fear of the Israeli lobby and attend to America's business. Israel is a sovereign state with one of the world's most powerful military machines and a higher per capita gross domestic product than some of our NATO allies. We should cut the strings, stop the tax giveaways, repeal all of the special legislation and tell the Israelis they are on their own.

But, as John Wayne once said, that'll be the day.

6. 03-17-2007, 07:51 PM