+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Global warming again

Well this isnt a settled case it seems.
    I had thought it was, along with many others, Im sure.
    Im just glad that there is still controversy around this subject.
    It can only lead to a better understanding of this planet.
    And on to a truly global society I hope.

This is a very recent documentary on the subject fron CH4 I hope it leads to considered replies not, told you so type of stuff, but this is scam so go ahead

Re: Global warming again

Or try this link

well that's a clever LEAD-IN and SINCERE final STAMP of authenticity!?dont mean it aint true!?right!?hehe!!....just askin...

I remember the deep freeze of the late 1970s. At that time, there was panic about Global Cooling and the certainty of another ice age.

Humans are truly the silliest of all species.

Did you know that a potential cure for global warming is pollution???

Check this out... :D
    The decisions you make today, will determine who you are tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by pancho
    Pancho, Thanks for the link. I just finished watching the documentary. I knew this was being aired in the UK this weekend and was glad to be able to see it. It is the appropriate response to the unfactual Al Gore movie. The tide is changing in the GW debate. Truth has a way of rearing its "ugly head". :)

and dont forget the case of the holocaust never happened!?i listened to their arguments based on science!!!!(blinded by science!?)hehe!!....just askin...

Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    and dont forget the case of the holocaust never happened!?i listened to their arguments based on science!!!!(blinded by science!?)hehe!!....just askin...
    Lexx, I could see your point if it weren't for the credentials of the scientists in the documentary. To me, their side makes a lot more sense than Al Gore's. As for the "holocaust never happend" bunch, I doubt if they even completed the third grade. I think we're talking apples and oranges, here. Wadda ya think?
    Last edited by phlipper; 03-13-2007 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Odear
    I remember the deep freeze of the late 1970s. At that time, there was panic about Global Cooling and the certainty of another ice age.

Humans are truly the silliest of all species.
    Speak for yourself, because you don't speak for all of us "humans".
    "Science is evidence without proof. Creationism is proof without evidence."

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong. User Rank

On Global warming, here is a treatsie I think you might like.

http://flood.firetree.net/?ll=41.2530,-69.0271&z=10&m=5

Its from google maps, but you can raise the sea level to any amount up to 14 meters. See if you would survive the world's ice melting!

What the government isn't telling you... and neither is Al "the internet inventor" Gore...

news

Earthís climate system is complex and poorly understood. Weathermen or Scientists canít predict what the temperature will be in 30 days, let alone 50 years. Hysteria sells. Itís very profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Odear
    Earthís climate system is complex and poorly understood. Weathermen or Scientists canít predict what the temperature will be in 30 days, let alone 50 years. Hysteria sells. Itís very profitable.
    If I have an object, and I pick one atom out of that object, can I pick what the temperature of that atom will be (As far as a single atom has temperature)? No.

But I can tell you what the average temperature of the atoms is and how that will change over time. Same thing with weather. Predicting long term global climate change is a very different game to predicting local short-term weather patterns.

(silly example, but I just had a statistcal physics lecture and now I can't think of anything else)

Quote Originally Posted by Quertol
    What the government isn't telling you... and neither is Al "the internet inventor" Gore...

news
    The government isn't telling you this stuff because (presumably) they don't assume that the general public are retards. But anyways, here's what the people that are telling you what the government isn't telling you, aren't telling you. (Did ya'll follow that?)

Fact: The atmosphere on the planet Venus is 100% CO2, produced entirely from volcanoes. Because it is closer to the Sun , its atmosphere is in turmoil all the time. On the other hand Mars, also with a CO2 atmosphere is so frigid its polar caps are solid CO2, which we call dry ice. The coldness comes purely because Mars is further from the Sun . If CO2 alone heated planets up, Mars would be much warmer than it is.
    Well duh!!! Of course CO2 doesn't heat up the atmosphere. Anyone thats done highschool science should know that.
    More importantly though, Mars has an extremely thin atmosphere, Venus has a very thick atmosphere. Surface atmospheric pressure on Mars is 7millibar, on Venus its 92 bars. Yes, thats a 5 order of magnitude difference.

Fact: More CO2 is absorbed by young plants than by grown-up trees. If all we are worried about is CO2 absorption, it would make more sense to cut down the rain forests and plant saplings or even leave it as grass, both of which would absorb far more CO2 than mature trees do. It is hard to imagine environmentalists advocating the cutting down of the rain forests.
    God these people are stupid.

Forests store a finite amount of CO2. They don't just keep absorbing it (where would it all go). As a tree grows it takes CO2 from the atmosphere and uses the Carbon to build leaves, bark, a tree trunk..... That's what the tree is made out of.

If you cut the trees down, all of that CO2 eventually works its way back into the atmosphere. Planting a new set of trees would, in time, eventually absorb the CO2 and you would be right back where you started, except that you would have burned a whole lot of petrol running your chainsaws when you cut the trees down.

That is why environmentalists don't advocate cutting down rainforests, instead they say we should plant more rainforests.

The Pattern is Lunar.
    (Not going to copy the whole thing)

Sillyness, absolute sillyness. The lunar cycle is only 28 days. Trying to use the moon as an explanation for climate change is just plain silly. (Although, to their credit, it is original. I've never, ever heard someone silly enough to claim the moon is responsible before)

Our Atmosphere.
    There is no giant cloud on Venus that faces the sun, I know because I've observed venus plenty of times from my own fricking backyard. Even if there was it wouldn't explain why Venus is so bright since most of the time we are looking at it side on, or from behind. (If you consider the side facing the Sun to be the "front")

GRRR!!!!!

There is so much rubbish here it is making me angry, so I'm going to stop. The further down you go the more they are just making up absolute lies. I really hope you don't buy into this Qwertyl. If it will make any difference I can go through the whole article and explain every single mistake, but I don't think it will make any difference. Some parts, like the Our Atmosphere part that got me angry, is entirely lies. The crvp they spout violates basic physics, it is simply not true.

Oops, innocent misspelling of your name Quertol, just spelled it as I said it in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by kazza
    If I have an object, and I pick one atom out of that object, can I pick what the temperature of that atom will be (As far as a single atom has temperature)? No.

But I can tell you what the average temperature of the atoms is and how that will change over time. Same thing with weather. Predicting long term global climate change is a very different game to predicting local short-term weather patterns.

(silly example, but I just had a statistcal physics lecture and now I can't think of anything else)
    Atoms dont have temperature... :eek:

Temperature (definition): a measure of the average random molecular kinetic energy of a substance...

I got that definition along with many others from my time at Naval Nuclear Power school...