+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 19

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    327

    Global warming again

    Well this isnt a settled case it seems.
    I had thought it was, along with many others, Im sure.
    Im just glad that there is still controversy around this subject.
    It can only lead to a better understanding of this planet.
    And on to a truly global society I hope.

    This is a very recent documentary on the subject fron CH4 I hope it leads to considered replies not, told you so type of stuff, but this is scam so go ahead

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    327

    Re: Global warming again

    Or try this link

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    26,313

    Re: Global warming again

    well that's a clever LEAD-IN and SINCERE final STAMP of authenticity!?dont mean it aint true!?right!?hehe!!....just askin...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    452

    Re: Global warming again

    I remember the deep freeze of the late 1970s. At that time, there was panic about Global Cooling and the certainty of another ice age.

    Humans are truly the silliest of all species.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    522

    Re: Global warming again

    Did you know that a potential cure for global warming is pollution???


    Check this out... :D
    The decisions you make today, will determine who you are tomorrow.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    838

    Re: Global warming again

    Quote Originally Posted by pancho
    Pancho, Thanks for the link. I just finished watching the documentary. I knew this was being aired in the UK this weekend and was glad to be able to see it. It is the appropriate response to the unfactual Al Gore movie. The tide is changing in the GW debate. Truth has a way of rearing its "ugly head". :)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    26,313

    Re: Global warming again

    and dont forget the case of the holocaust never happened!?i listened to their arguments based on science!!!!(blinded by science!?)hehe!!....just askin...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    838

    Re: Global warming again

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    and dont forget the case of the holocaust never happened!?i listened to their arguments based on science!!!!(blinded by science!?)hehe!!....just askin...
    Lexx, I could see your point if it weren't for the credentials of the scientists in the documentary. To me, their side makes a lot more sense than Al Gore's. As for the "holocaust never happend" bunch, I doubt if they even completed the third grade. I think we're talking apples and oranges, here. Wadda ya think?
    Last edited by phlipper; 03-13-2007 at 05:17 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,215

    Re: Global warming again

    Quote Originally Posted by Odear
    I remember the deep freeze of the late 1970s. At that time, there was panic about Global Cooling and the certainty of another ice age.

    Humans are truly the silliest of all species.
    Speak for yourself, because you don't speak for all of us "humans".
    "Science is evidence without proof. Creationism is proof without evidence."

  10. #10
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong. User Rank
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: Global warming again

    On Global warming, here is a treatsie I think you might like.

    http://flood.firetree.net/?ll=41.2530,-69.0271&z=10&m=5

    Its from google maps, but you can raise the sea level to any amount up to 14 meters. See if you would survive the world's ice melting!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    522

    Re: Global warming again

    What the government isn't telling you... and neither is Al "the internet inventor" Gore...

    news
    The decisions you make today, will determine who you are tomorrow.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    452

    Re: Global warming again

    Earthís climate system is complex and poorly understood. Weathermen or Scientists canít predict what the temperature will be in 30 days, let alone 50 years. Hysteria sells. Itís very profitable.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: Global warming again

    Quote Originally Posted by Odear
    Earthís climate system is complex and poorly understood. Weathermen or Scientists canít predict what the temperature will be in 30 days, let alone 50 years. Hysteria sells. Itís very profitable.
    If I have an object, and I pick one atom out of that object, can I pick what the temperature of that atom will be (As far as a single atom has temperature)? No.

    But I can tell you what the average temperature of the atoms is and how that will change over time. Same thing with weather. Predicting long term global climate change is a very different game to predicting local short-term weather patterns.

    (silly example, but I just had a statistcal physics lecture and now I can't think of anything else)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: Global warming again

    Quote Originally Posted by Quertol
    What the government isn't telling you... and neither is Al "the internet inventor" Gore...

    news
    The government isn't telling you this stuff because (presumably) they don't assume that the general public are retards. But anyways, here's what the people that are telling you what the government isn't telling you, aren't telling you. (Did ya'll follow that?)

    Fact: The atmosphere on the planet Venus is 100% CO2, produced entirely from volcanoes. Because it is closer to the Sun , its atmosphere is in turmoil all the time. On the other hand Mars, also with a CO2 atmosphere is so frigid its polar caps are solid CO2, which we call dry ice. The coldness comes purely because Mars is further from the Sun . If CO2 alone heated planets up, Mars would be much warmer than it is.
    Well duh!!! Of course CO2 doesn't heat up the atmosphere. Anyone thats done highschool science should know that.
    More importantly though, Mars has an extremely thin atmosphere, Venus has a very thick atmosphere. Surface atmospheric pressure on Mars is 7millibar, on Venus its 92 bars. Yes, thats a 5 order of magnitude difference.

    Fact: More CO2 is absorbed by young plants than by grown-up trees. If all we are worried about is CO2 absorption, it would make more sense to cut down the rain forests and plant saplings or even leave it as grass, both of which would absorb far more CO2 than mature trees do. It is hard to imagine environmentalists advocating the cutting down of the rain forests.
    God these people are stupid.

    Forests store a finite amount of CO2. They don't just keep absorbing it (where would it all go). As a tree grows it takes CO2 from the atmosphere and uses the Carbon to build leaves, bark, a tree trunk..... That's what the tree is made out of.

    If you cut the trees down, all of that CO2 eventually works its way back into the atmosphere. Planting a new set of trees would, in time, eventually absorb the CO2 and you would be right back where you started, except that you would have burned a whole lot of petrol running your chainsaws when you cut the trees down.

    That is why environmentalists don't advocate cutting down rainforests, instead they say we should plant more rainforests.

    The Pattern is Lunar.
    ...
    (Not going to copy the whole thing)

    Sillyness, absolute sillyness. The lunar cycle is only 28 days. Trying to use the moon as an explanation for climate change is just plain silly. (Although, to their credit, it is original. I've never, ever heard someone silly enough to claim the moon is responsible before)

    Our Atmosphere.
    ...
    There is no giant cloud on Venus that faces the sun, I know because I've observed venus plenty of times from my own fricking backyard. Even if there was it wouldn't explain why Venus is so bright since most of the time we are looking at it side on, or from behind. (If you consider the side facing the Sun to be the "front")




    GRRR!!!!!

    There is so much rubbish here it is making me angry, so I'm going to stop. The further down you go the more they are just making up absolute lies. I really hope you don't buy into this Qwertyl. If it will make any difference I can go through the whole article and explain every single mistake, but I don't think it will make any difference. Some parts, like the Our Atmosphere part that got me angry, is entirely lies. The crvp they spout violates basic physics, it is simply not true.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: Global warming again

    Oops, innocent misspelling of your name Quertol, just spelled it as I said it in my head.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    522

    Re: Global warming again

    Quote Originally Posted by kazza
    If I have an object, and I pick one atom out of that object, can I pick what the temperature of that atom will be (As far as a single atom has temperature)? No.

    But I can tell you what the average temperature of the atoms is and how that will change over time. Same thing with weather. Predicting long term global climate change is a very different game to predicting local short-term weather patterns.

    (silly example, but I just had a statistcal physics lecture and now I can't think of anything else)
    Atoms dont have temperature... :eek:

    Temperature (definition): a measure of the average random molecular kinetic energy of a substance...

    I got that definition along with many others from my time at Naval Nuclear Power school...
    The decisions you make today, will determine who you are tomorrow.

Similar Threads

  1. Global Warming - Global Madness
    By mumbles in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 10-02-2016, 08:00 PM
  2. Bet They Believe in Global Warming Too
    By conserv4ever in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-11-2014, 12:17 PM
  3. Is Global warming Really the Cause?!?
    By spanky in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-24-2014, 07:17 PM
  4. Global Warming
    By JTB7 in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 1204
    Last Post: 04-07-2012, 12:51 PM
  5. Global P.ower Elite Back Away from Global Warming
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 03:53 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •