+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What pets live in your home?

What pets live in your home? Which live or lived earlier in your house. Tell about your pets...

This is our cat Dasha who has lived with us more than 10 years. Unfortunately, she has died in February 17. :(
    Last edited by BiR; 03-10-2007 at 04:22 PM.

Please don't shoot the piano player, he's doing the best he can.

Author’s emoticons KOLOBOK-Style

Re: What pets live in your home?

Now in our home a little kitty Alice lives . Today she's 5 month. :rolleyes: She's very funny... :)

Quote Originally Posted by BiR
    What pets live in your home? Which live or lived earlier in your house. Tell about your pets...

This is our cat Dasha who has lived with us more than 10 years. Unfortunately, she has died in February 17. :(
    Right now I have 4 cats...Raymond(long hair grey/black), Peggy Sue(Tuxedo), Tess(brown short hair) and Zadie(grey/white/red). They are all seniors now. All came as kittens via various routes. I lost two cats to cancer. Marlboro was a red long hair domestic. He was very lovable and would jump up in my arms and kiss me at least once a day. I will always miss him. Sammy was a Manx mix...no tail...a real bad boy..into everything..constantly on the move. He was only 5 years old when cancer hit him. They enriched my life and I would do it over again.

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

I have seven, not counting the two large aquariums with fish. In order of age:

Popcorn: a crosseyed Siamese mix that friends of our brought to us as a kitten that someone dumped behind a movie theatre. They bribed her with popcorn into a big bucket that they caught her in. She is The Matriarch here and bosses all the other animals. She is 15 years old.

Then there is Oscar, another Siamese mixed, also crosseyed. He is the offspring of a cat someone shot that I rescued. He weighs in at 30 lbs and pretty much runs the neighborhood by virtue of size alone. LOL. He is 11 years old.

Next we have Bobbie. A Tortoiseshell Calico bobtailed cat that was wild as could be who decided she wanted to adopt us. She made that clear when she ran across the road and jumped into my arms for no apparent reason other than I had spoken to her earlier that day. She never left. The neighbor kids were jealous, they had been trying to catch her for two weeks in the woods. LOL. She is 8 years old.

Then we have Buddy. Not sure what he is but he resembles a dingo. He was a puppy that was born to a dog that lived next door to my parents. I was working for the Humane Society at the time and the people didn't want him. So, I took him home until we could find a permanent home for him and ended up adopting him myself. He won't let any stranger mess with me. He's also 8 years old.

Then there is Katie. A Tabby that ran off a kitten that was hanging out here and took over. She made it very clear she liked it here and would run it from now on. Well, as long as Popcorn and Bobbie will allow her to. :) She is 3 years old.

Next we have PITA who is a Pomeranian/Chiua chiua mix or a Chia-Pom. PITA stands for Pain In The As.s and she is but she is sweet. She wandered up on my birthday last year and 3 days later I paid her owners (who were neglecting her, they waited 3 days to come get her after we contacted them, would not keep her contained but let her run, and she was terrified of their kids) $100 to let me adopt her. She is kind of shy but funny. My sidekick. She is just over a year old.

Next is my daughters puppy, a Rat Terrior/Sh.itsu mix. He's cute, half the size of Pita and my daughter named him Bruce. We call him the Mighty Bruce because he thinks he's so tough. He is probably around 6 months old and I'll be damned glad when he loses those tiny sharp baby teeth. LOL.

Lady Mod

Below, Popcorn, Buddy and Bobbie taken 7-8 years ago.
    Last edited by sojustask; 03-11-2007 at 01:30 AM.

Katie, Pita - taken last year for both.

Quote Originally Posted by peregrine
    Right now I have 4 cats...Raymond(long hair grey/black), Peggy Sue(Tuxedo), Tess(brown short hair) and Zadie(grey/white/red). They are all seniors now. All came as kittens via various routes. I lost two cats to cancer. Marlboro was a red long hair domestic. He was very lovable and would jump up in my arms and kiss me at least once a day. I will always miss him. Sammy was a Manx mix...no tail...a real bad boy..into everything..constantly on the move. He was only 5 years old when cancer hit him. They enriched my life and I would do it over again.
    Do you have the photos? It's very interesting to see what does they looks like... :rolleyes:

Oscar- 6 years ago

Mighty Bruce in December 2006

Wow! They are so pretty!!! I like it!!! We don't have the conditions to keep a lot of pets in our home. We have a small apartment. But I hope we'll take at home one more pet. Maybe a small dog...

Wow! They are so pretty!!! I like it!!! We don't have the conditions to keep a lot of pets in our home. We have a small apartment. But I hope we'll take at home one more pet. Maybe a small dog...
    Thank you. I keep saying I don't want any more pets but they keep showing up to live with me. Our house isn't very big but the pets rule it. LOL.

Small dogs are nice. My sister and I call them "Pocket dogs". They have a ton of energy and require a lot more attention that bigger dogs... Your cat was beautiful.

Here is a picture of Oscar I took in 2001, several years ago before I remodeled my home office. He used to lay across the back of my computer chair all the time. Made a nice headrest, even though I'm allergic to cats. I thought you might get a laugh out of it.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

How, and please make this real simple for me, does one place pictures on this site?

I have lots of pics that I would like to share with you, saved to my pics, on my pc, so how do I get them from there to here?

Steve

x
    "Ethics" is simply a last-gasp attempt by deist conservatives and
    orthodox dogmatics to keep humanity in ignorance and obscurantism,
    through the well tried fermentation of fear, the fear of science and
    new technologies.
    There is nothing glorious about what our ancestors call history,
    it is simply a succession of mistakes, intolerances and violations.

Quote Originally Posted by enlightenment
    How, and please make this real simple for me, does one place pictures on this site?

I have lots of pics that I would like to share with you, saved to my pics, on my pc, so how do I get them from there to here?

Steve

x
    Shrink them down small. If they are too many pixels they won't upload. Then when you make a post scroll down to the "Manage attachments" button. From there a box will pop up and you can upload up to three pics per post depending on how large they are.

The reason I would like people to keep them small is so that people who have dial up or older computers can enjoy them to without it taking all day for the pics to load in their browsers.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

Steve

x

Better to register for a free account at say, http://photobucket.com/ then you can upload pics to your account then easily create a link back to them.

This is Buzz, our lovely staffie...

Staffies are great dogs, much misunderstood by the willfully ignorant, and my second fav dogs after my English Bull Terrier.

:)
    new technologies.

I like dogs very much but I beware of Staffies and Bull Terriers... :rolleyes: Your dogs are beautiful, especially I liked the photo with Buzz on the grass... :) Seems to me that this pic was did on a seaside... :rolleyes: Am I right? ;)

I like dogs very much but I beware of Staffies and Bull Terriers... :rolleyes: Your dogs are beautiful, especially I liked the photo with Buzz on the grass... :) Seems to me that this pic was did on a seaside... :rolleyes: Am I right? ;)
    May I ask why?
    new technologies.

May I ask why?
    Sure, no problem... :rolleyes: For me, some kinds of dogs looks a little belligerence. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't bet. I think my opinion is a result of what I see on our cities in Russia. Sorry, if I offended you. I don't wanna do it... :)