+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 17

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,015

    What song has affected you most recently

    Okay...I know I haven't posted much recently much, but I still love my scam family. I've got a small son, a house to clean (and cook for), not to mention a job so I haven't had much time to post.....

    But (surprise) I still check in...so what song has affected you most recently?

    For me it is usually about a past friend, but tonight it is my dad that I still see although we don't talk about the past much, but tonight I was listening to some old mixed tapes (I know I'm getting old), but guess what...

    For me it was Mandalin Range by Bruce Hornsby and the Range and later Yellowbedletter by Pearl Jam. What got me the most about Mandalin Range (sp?) was not so much the words but the actual melody itself. Before my dad started drinking bad (when I was a teen), I remember listening to this song on his stereo as a young kid and then when I was waiting tables the station used to play it all the time (when he was drinking) at the restaurant. And the the PJ song was something we could never find in the stores until recently. I don't know what it is but it swelled me up tonight.

    I'm sure all of our more thoughtful members have experienced it, so what was it for you? I could tell you the whole sob story but why? What has put you on the "edge" lately when it comes to music? I know that smell is the best memory inducer but I'm a believer that music comes second. So spill it, what is it?

    Dad was big on music and some of it has some good memories and not so good. Me and daddy are good friends now, but those times still weigh heavy.

    So is it a significant other, a family member or what that has got your eyes swelling or blood boiling lately?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,015

    Re: What song has affected you most recently

    Nothing Man - Pearl Jam...I know Pearl Jam, the grunge rock band from the 90s, but the guy can lay down some deep lyrics at times (either from his own childhood or others he knew because as far as I know he wrote his own music)

    "once divided, nothing left to subtract", "some words when spoken, can't be taken back", "walks on his own, with thoughts he can't help thinking", "future a's bust, but with in past he's slow and sinkin "caught a bolt of lightening, cursed the day she let it go....", "Nothing man", "Nothing Man...., Isn't is something, nothing man....", "she once beleived, in every story she had to tell, one day she stiffened, took the the other side, empy stares from each corner of a shared prison cell... he who forgets will destined to remember .... nothing man ...isn't he something, nothing man.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    26,745

    Re: What song has affected you most recently

    those are some pretty deep lyrics!?i had to read it over a few times to get it to sink in!?and i have been listening to some music from the old days of an instrumental arrangement by orchestras from the 40's 50's and am blown away by the peaceful happiness i find in the melodies!?it's sorta magical!?i have it on low just for company in the car and i find after awhile i just start feelin happier!?maybe it's the BOOZE!?(just kiddin!?)hehe!!.....just askin...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: What song has affected you most recently

    Hi Button,

    As the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer in this country we live in - the following song could be a wake up call for those who are oblivious to what is going on around them... :rolleyes:

    It's at the top of my current favorites list!

    What You Give Away.. by Vince Gill
    (Sheryl Crow accompanies him)

    You read the business page
    See how you did today
    Life's just passin' by
    You live up on the hill
    You've got a view that kills
    Never wonder why

    After you've counted everything you saved
    Do you ever hit your knees and pray?
    You know there's gonna be a judgment day
    So what will you say?

    [Chorus:]
    No matter what you make
    All that you can take
    Is what you give away
    What you give away

    There's people on the street
    Ain't got enough to eat
    You just shake your head
    The measure of a man
    is one who lends a hand
    That's what my father said

    After you've counted everything you saved
    Do you ever hit your knees and pray?
    You know there's gonna be a judgment day
    So what will you say?

    [Chorus]

    It's what you give away

    After you've counted everything you saved
    Do you ever hit your knees and pray?
    You know there's gonna be a judgment day
    So what will you say?

    No matter what you make
    All that you can take
    Is what you give away

    You know it's not too late
    It's all for Heaven's sake
    What you give away
    What you give away
    What you give away

    Performed live on the CMAs:


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    26,745

    Re: What song has affected you most recently

    that's pretty good lyrical advice!?and i was watchin the music awards off-n-on and caught the performance by ENYA!it just made me tear up for some reason!?was also stimulated/impressed by the CELTIC womens performance concurrently running on the PBS channel!....DUH!!.....i have a scottish highlander heritage i've never really explored!did i mention amazin grace on bagpipes brings me to my knees!who knew!?hehe!!.....just askin....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: What song has affected you most recently

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    did i mention amazin grace on bagpipes brings me to my knees!who knew!?
    Hi lexx...

    Amazing Grace on bagpipes will bring anyone to their knees if they have one ounce of human emotion at all! It gives me chills just thinking about it!

    Taps has the same affect...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,015

    Re: What song has affected you most recently

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    those are some pretty deep lyrics!?i had to read it over a few times to get it to sink in!?and i have been listening to some music from the old days of an instrumental arrangement by orchestras from the 40's 50's and am blown away by the peaceful happiness i find in the melodies!?it's sorta magical!?i have it on low just for company in the car and i find after awhile i just start feelin happier!?maybe it's the BOOZE!?(just kiddin!?)hehe!!.....just askin...
    I like instrumental music too. Sometimes its great just to kick back and listen and make your won scenario or just enjoy the sound. I've always loved listening to the piano (not really classical as much) and the violin or fiddle as we say it down south.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,015

    Re: What song has affected you most recently

    Quote Originally Posted by Connecticut Victim
    Hi lexx...

    Amazing Grace on bagpipes will bring anyone to their knees if they have one ounce of human emotion at all! It gives me chills just thinking about it!

    Taps has the same affect...
    I also love the bagpipes and Amazing Grace does it to me everytime.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,015

    Re: What song has affected you most recently

    Quote Originally Posted by Connecticut Victim
    Hi Button,

    As the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer in this country we live in - the following song could be a wake up call for those who are oblivious to what is going on around them... :rolleyes:

    It's at the top of my current favorites list!

    What You Give Away.. by Vince Gill
    (Sheryl Crow accompanies him)

    You read the business page
    See how you did today
    Life's just passin' by
    You live up on the hill
    You've got a view that kills
    Never wonder why

    After you've counted everything you saved
    Do you ever hit your knees and pray?
    You know there's gonna be a judgment day
    So what will you say?

    [Chorus:]
    No matter what you make
    All that you can take
    Is what you give away
    What you give away

    There's people on the street
    Ain't got enough to eat
    You just shake your head
    The measure of a man
    is one who lends a hand
    That's what my father said

    After you've counted everything you saved
    Do you ever hit your knees and pray?
    You know there's gonna be a judgment day
    So what will you say?

    [Chorus]

    It's what you give away

    After you've counted everything you saved
    Do you ever hit your knees and pray?
    You know there's gonna be a judgment day
    So what will you say?

    No matter what you make
    All that you can take
    Is what you give away

    You know it's not too late
    It's all for Heaven's sake
    What you give away
    What you give away
    What you give away

    Performed live on the CMAs:

    sounds like people need to heed "warnings" like this.

  10. #10
    coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,392

    Re: What song has affected you most recently

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    that's pretty good lyrical advice!?and i was watchin the music awards off-n-on and caught the performance by ENYA!it just made me tear up for some reason!?was also stimulated/impressed by the CELTIC womens performance concurrently running on the PBS channel!....DUH!!.....i have a scottish highlander heritage i've never really explored!did i mention amazin grace on bagpipes brings me to my knees!who knew!?hehe!!.....just askin....
    Careful Lexx... you're slipping; startin' to reveal some tenderness in your nature. We like 'GNARLINESS' from you! :rolleyes: :D

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    26,745

    Re: What song has affected you most recently

    Quote Originally Posted by Button
    I like instrumental music too. Sometimes its great just to kick back and listen and make your won scenario or just enjoy the sound. I've always loved listening to the piano (not really classical as much) and the violin or fiddle as we say it down south.
    the violin is a great heart strings instrument but for pure peaceful moods(relaxation) i just die over the hawaiian guitar sounds!!hehe!!....just askin..

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,840

    Re: What song has affected you most recently

    Country music will never fade away and the lyrics always tell a story. But I don't listen to country music. Rock and Roll is in the past, it is now called the Oldies. Well, I just heard this song again, In the Year 2525: I do not know the words, but the next time the song comes on the radio, listen to the words. It has a lot to say, this song!

  13. #13
    coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,392

    Re: What song has affected you most recently

    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy
    Country music will never fade away and the lyrics always tell a story. But I don't listen to country music. Rock and Roll is in the past, it is now called the Oldies. Well, I just heard this song again, In the Year 2525: I do not know the words, but the next time the song comes on the radio, listen to the words. It has a lot to say, this song!

    yep... haunting and perhaps sad, isn't it? Is this REALLY all we will come to? Not much encouragement in seeing things as they are now. When are the young men going to refuse to NO LONGER bow their heads and submit to being tossed into wars as cannon fodder to satisfy the ends to the means of the establishment?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    L I B
    Posts
    172

    Re: What song has affected you most recently

    Recently l heard a very sad story....and this song effected my senses and l wondered where l could post the sad story...Is there a 'Family Scam'?

    Do you hear me calling you
    The voice of a mother and a father and a child
    Would you recognize my truth
    Do you feel the love thats falling from my eyes
    Take just a minute-come and rest here by my side
    Let me tell you, your own story
    Let me walk you-thru your lives
    Only a second is all it takes-to realize

    Theres a hundred thousand angels(angles) by your side
    Theres a hundred thousand angels by your side

    Do you hear me talk to you
    l whisper thru doorways and pathways of your mind
    Clear like the morning dew-and fresh from my journey
    Cross an ocean of blue
    Take just a minute-come and rest here by my side
    Let me tell you, your own story
    Let me walk you thru your lives
    Only-a second is all it takes-to realize

    Theres a hundred thousand angels(angles) by your side
    Theres a hundred thousand angels -here tonight

    *l would like to tell you her story...but where can one post a scam that is but the forrunners of all other scams....l guess it all begins at home...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: What song has affected you most recently

    Quote Originally Posted by Button
    sounds like people need to heed "warnings" like this.
    AMEN to that Button... :o

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: What song has affected you most recently

    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy
    Country music will never fade away and the lyrics always tell a story. But I don't listen to country music. Rock and Roll is in the past, it is now called the Oldies. Well, I just heard this song again, In the Year 2525: I do not know the words, but the next time the song comes on the radio, listen to the words. It has a lot to say, this song!
    Here ya go galaxy...

    I remember this song - thanks for the reminder.. I love it... ;)



    LYRICS

    In the year twentyfive
    twentyfive if man is still alive

    If woman can survive they may find.
    In the year thirtyfive thirtyfive
    Ain't gonna need to tell the truth tell no lies

    Ev'rything you think do and say is in the pill you took today.
    In the year fortyfive fortyfive
    You ain't gonna need your teeth won't need your eyes

    You won't find a thing to chew
    nobody's gonna look at you.
    In the year fiftyfive fiftyfive your arms are hangin' limp at you side

    Your legs got nothin' to do
    some machines doin' that for you.
    In the year sixtyfive sixtyfive
    Ain't gonna need no husband won't need no wife

    You'll pick your son
    pick your daughter too
    From the bottom of a long glass tube.
    In the year seventyfiveten
    If God's a-coming he oughta make it by then

    Maybe he'll look around himself and say:
    Guess it's time for the judgement day.
    In the year eightyfiveten God is gonna shake his mighty head

    He'll either say I'm pleased where man has been
    Or tear it down and start again.
    In the year ninetyfive ninetyfive
    I'm kind a wond'rin' if man is gonna be alive

    He's taken everything this old earth can give
    And he ain't put back nothin'.
    Now it's been tenthousand years
    man has cried a billion tears
    For what he never knew - now man's reign is through.
    But through eternal night the twinkling of starlight
    So very far away - maybe it's only yesterday.
    In the year twentyfive twentyfive if man is still alive
    In the year thirtyfive thirtyfive . . .

Similar Threads

  1. Are you or a loved one affected by asbestos?
    By SCAMS in forum Insurance Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-04-2015, 09:20 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-24-2012, 05:52 PM
  3. Election Affected By US - Israeli Relations
    By Americanadian in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-22-2012, 07:12 AM
  4. You are all affected by Colonialism & Economy in America
    By willyjoe in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2012, 05:39 PM
  5. Anyone get any money from RewardsVenue recently?
    By ILikeToTouchThem in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-10-2006, 08:22 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •