+ Reply to Thread

If you could see....

through the eyes of ANY creature, for one day, what would it be and why?

While on this matter;

It would be cool if anyone could help with this. I am certian I remember a programme, on insects, a while back that, using special cameras etc, was able to re-create for you an idea of how a spider or a fly saw things, and it was really fascinating, because their vision is quite different from ours, obviously.

Does anyone know if there is a site that could give to you a visual exampe of such a thing?

Would appreciate all links and sites....

Thank you,
    "Ethics" is simply a last-gasp attempt by deist conservatives and
    orthodox dogmatics to keep humanity in ignorance and obscurantism,
    through the well tried fermentation of fear, the fear of science and
    new technologies.
    There is nothing glorious about what our ancestors call history,
    it is simply a succession of mistakes, intolerances and violations.

Re: If you could see....

Quote Originally Posted by enlightenment
    through the eyes of ANY creature, for one day, what would it be and why?

While on this matter;

It would be cool if anyone could help with this. I am certian I remember a programme, on insects, a while back that, using special cameras etc, was able to re-create for you an idea of how a spider or a fly saw things, and it was really fascinating, because their vision is quite different from ours, obviously.

Does anyone know if there is a site that could give to you a visual exampe of such a thing?

Would appreciate all links and sites....

Thank you,
    I'm gonna jump in here and go with my cat, Andrew Phillip.

He seems to see things that I can't possibly fathom. And he has a great time in seeing whatever it is he sees that I don't.

I had a CD that I borrowed from my kids' science teacher a couple of years back. Anyway, if you look at the TV screen it just looks like a pretty dull visual. The cat would flip out and start swating at the TV, too funny; his perception is phenom. The visuals are meant to stimulate the cat's reactions, whatever.

This teacher has moved to I don't know where, but if I can reach her, I'll get the name of the CD for you, if you'd like.

But, no, I don't recall any link. :confused:
    Click both daily for an easy & FREE way to help care for the needy:
    The Animal Rescue Site/charity
    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...faces?siteId=3
    The Rainforest Site/charity
    http://www.therainforestsite.com/cli...gin=Sister_ars

http://www.learner.org/channel/works...hlights4a.html
    "Ethics" is simply a last-gasp attempt by deist conservatives and
    orthodox dogmatics to keep humanity in ignorance and obscurantism,
    through the well tried fermentation of fear, the fear of science and
    new technologies.
    There is nothing glorious about what our ancestors call history,
    it is simply a succession of mistakes, intolerances and violations.

the thread title reads "if you could see.........".and i was reminded that seek has the word see "in" it!?so that says to me!?we seek what we see!?or maybe more rightly expressed as.....we seek when we see!?or to put it more in the face!?seeing IS seeking!?(in the mind!?)so to see as another sees is certainly a challenge to the soul that already sees/seeks the way it has learned!?from the minds(eye)it is looking thru!?of course if you really want to experience other creatures vision then you might wait till they invent and build the transporter/teleporter machine shown in the jeff goldbloom remake of "the fly"!?of course,you should be sure and check to see if your model has an "UNDO"function!?hehe!!...just askin....
    Last edited by lexx; 03-12-2007 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    the thread title reads "if you could see.........".and i was reminded that seek has the word see "in" it!?so that says to me!?we seek what we see!?or maybe more rightly expressed as.....we seek when we see!?or to put it more in the face!?seeing IS seeking!?(in the mind!?)so to see as another sees is certainly a challenge to the soul that already sees/seeks the way it has learned!?from the minds(eye)it is looking thru!?of course if you really want to experience other creatures vision then you might wait till they invent and build the transporter/teleporter machine shown in the jeff goldbloom remake of "the fly"!?of course,you should be sure and check to see if your model has an "UNDO"function!?hehe!!...just askin....

Yeah, when will we have access to that machine? And, if/when we do, would we only be able to become a fly or could we be any other creature of our choosing? My choice would be a unicorn.

Hugh Hefner
    I am currently reading --- White Jazz - James Ellroy

Quote Originally Posted by Odear
    Yeah, when will we have access to that machine? And, if/when we do, would we only be able to become a fly or could we be any other creature of our choosing? My choice would be a unicorn.
    you could just forget the "machine" idea as all of them seem to function by converting matter into light!?.....blinded by the light,....wrapped up like a BUG,(hopefully,choose a creature)another runner in the night!?now you might inquire what is the mechanism(machine)that propels us into the light!?...DRUGS!?....hehe!!...just askin....