+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

You Give Christianity a BAD NAME.

I left this board a few months back. Got tired of the endless futile battling, but knowing that it will be just that....an endless battle to the end, I only pray for the endurance to stick with it to the end, whether it be here, there or anywhere because I love God & my Savior Jesus Christ.

What I have come to realize most in Christianity is that, it is not so much the force of the opposition, but ironically, it is the Christians who gives christianity a bad name, therefor weakening the chain & causing more pain that lasts a lot longer than a violent murder.

I have been around awhile. I have talked to alot of people. I have been in & out of churches of all different denominations in my lifetime & aside from denominational legalism being a spirit quencher, what I have found to be the biggest downfall of christianity is none other than its members.

I come from a family of Christian conservatives, a long line of them, who by shoving the bible down the throats of those who did not meet the standards set forth in it, they choked them senseless, essentialy pushing them further from God. They did this by not practicing the Christian love that we so loudly hail. What comes out of our mouths shows what is in our hearts.

THAT is exactly why Christians get a bad rap!
    what the heck is this crap?

pawnstar Guest

Re: You Give Christianity a BAD NAME.

What is your views on the peaceful religion of islam?

Quote Originally Posted by wiseroption
    I left this board a few months back. Got tired of the endless futile battling, but knowing that it will be just that....an endless battle to the end, I only pray for the endurance to stick with it to the end, whether it be here, there or anywhere because I love God & my Savior Jesus Christ.

What I have come to realize most in Christianity is that, it is not so much the force of the opposition, but ironically, it is the Christians who gives christianity a bad name, therefor weakening the chain & causing more pain that lasts a lot longer than a violent murder.

I have been around awhile. I have talked to alot of people. I have been in & out of churches of all different denominations in my lifetime & aside from denominational legalism being a spirit quencher, what I have found to be the biggest downfall of christianity is none other than its members.

I come from a family of Christian conservatives, a long line of them, who by shoving the bible down the throats of those who did not meet the standards set forth in it, they choked them senseless, essentialy pushing them further from God. They did this by not practicing the Christian love that we so loudly hail. What comes out of our mouths shows what is in our hearts.

THAT is exactly why Christians get a bad rap!

Be careful of the "Loaded" Pawnstar Wiseroption.
    franKg - "Since God was ok with Moses, Joshua and David burning cities to the ground and killing all the civilians I think he would be ok with us splashing a little water on some terrorists."

Dr poormouth - "Exackly;
    It's not "waterboarding", it's "extraordinary baptism""

Quote Originally Posted by carlbenator
    As discussed in a previous thread, this IRRATIONAL HATRED for the Jews and their RIGHT to SURVIVE is one of the many PROOFS of a God, AND a Devil.

Quote Originally Posted by pawnstar
    What is your views on the peaceful religion of islam?
    I have never heard the Islam Religion referred to as Christianity. I do not accuse religion of giving Christianity a bad name. I see the words & actions of the individuals within the different segments of Christianity to give it a bad name.

I believe that Islam is yet another segment of yet another denomination with yet another set of legalistic rules, exercising that love within the limitations of their own minds. The peaceful religion of Islam is based on all that is good in God's eyes, just as Christianity is. So to answer your question, I have great respect and reverence for the religion of Islam.

pawnstar Guest

just as I thought,another liberal pawn with no idea of REAL Christianity.
    All this drival sounds like the same crap that comes from diechristie,and anti-americanindian.

Why don't you libs ever get original?
    you follow one another like mindless lemmings right over that clif.

So,if you are a Christian,do you believe that Christ is the "only" way to be saved,or are there other ways as well?

I have never heard the Islam Religion referred to as Christianity. I do not accuse religion of giving Christianity a bad name. I see the words & actions of the individuals within the different segments of Christianity to give it a bad name.

I believe that Islam is yet another segment of yet another denomination with yet another set of legalistic rules, exercising that love within the limitations of their own minds. The peaceful religion of Islam is based on all that is good in God's eyes, just as Christianity is. So to answer your question, I have great respect and reverence for the religion of Islam.

just as I thought,another liberal pawn with no idea of REAL Christianity.
    All this drival sounds like the same crap that comes from diechristie,and anti-americanindian.
    Well, I see that things are quite the way that I left them....with certain individuals feeling they are divinely sent to set others straight with clear hostility. That or they have run people so far out of their lives that they resort to cyber-bullying.

So apparently you do not respect the peaceful religion of Islam, huh? Then, would you prefer a hostile one or perhaps none whatsoever? That would certainly be quite liberal of you, now wouldn't it?
    Why don't you libs ever get original?
    you follow one another like mindless lemmings right over that clif.
    Sir or maam, with all due respect, you are so far off the realm of my being that your head should be spinning. I am by far not a liberal and if I were to habit following others over a cliff, then I would linger with your unfounded perception of my reality & attempts to set a trap for me.

So,if you are a Christian,do you believe that Christ is the "only" way to be saved,or are there other ways as well?
    Clearly, I do not have to ask if you are a Christian or not, as one is clearly recognizable by their words & behavior, which takes me back to my original point........ What comes out of the mouth reflects what is in the heart & I am so sorry that you are so volatilely angry, but God gave me the good sense not to step into the devil's snare.

With that, I will say that I will respectfully interact with others of common interest, intellect & humane decency, but not if they resort to the childishness of name-calling, which you so quickly broke ground with here. If you are going to present a valid argument, you need to do so with your brain & not rely on your "feelings".

pawnstar Guest

you have exposed yourself for the phony that you are.
    I asked you a simple question and you cannot answer.
    So I will ask again,,,,

Is Christ the only way to be saved?

And as for the peaceful religion of islam,man you have got to be joking.
    That is the most evil religion on the planet,so that again proves you a phony.

So it looks to me like you are just a liar.

Well, I see that things are quite the way that I left them....with certain individuals feeling they are divinely sent to set others straight with clear hostility. That or they have run people so far out of their lives that they resort to cyber-bullying.

So apparently you do not respect the peaceful religion of Islam, huh? Then, would you prefer a hostile one or perhaps none whatsoever? That would certainly be quite liberal of you, now wouldn't it?

Sir or maam, with all due respect, you are so far off the realm of my being that your head should be spinning. I am by far not a liberal and if I were to habit following others over a cliff, then I would linger with your unfounded perception of my reality & attempts to set a trap for me.

Clearly, I do not have to ask if you are a Christian or not, as one is clearly recognizable by their words & behavior, which takes me back to my original point........ What comes out of the mouth reflects what is in the heart & I am so sorry that you are so volatilely angry, but God gave me the good sense not to step into the devil's snare.

With that, I will say that I will respectfully interact with others of common interest, intellect & humane decency, but not if they resort to the childishness of name-calling, which you so quickly broke ground with here. If you are going to present a valid argument, you need to do so with your brain & not rely on your "feelings".

Don't let Pawnstar put you off, he's about the worst of the worst, he's a right wing equivalent of Dchristie. Its easier just to put them both on ignore. (Although maybe he actually agrees with your original post, and was using himself as an example of the intolerance present within Christianity... very clever Pawnstar, I'm on to you... Your actually a liberal and your wacked-out persona on this board is a satirical mimicry of the Christian Right)

you have exposed yourself for the phony that you are.
    I asked you a simple question and you cannot answer.
    So I will ask again,,,,

and brother, you still show no respect or intellect, which is all I asked of you, but instead resort to childishness . Therefore, you are no better at answering a request than you accuse me of. Why should I give to you that which you are not willing to give me? Do you feel that YOU are God?
    Do YOU believe that Christ is the only way to be saved?
    Do YOU believe that there is only one correct denomination?
    Do you believe that ONLY YOUR OWN religious views are right and all others have it wrong?
    Will YOU come back yet again, with hostility or will YOU give me the respect that I am offering you?

Until then, I will also ask you to expose yourself for the phony that you are displaying characteristics of, that is, if you claim to be a Christian.

Yes it is true. It is christians, not those opposed to religion, that give christianity a bad name. Which of course is exactly why I oppose christianity and all other religions.
    The terminally stupid and certifiably insane.

Quote Originally Posted by kazza
    Don't let Pawnstar put you off, he's about the worst of the worst, he's a right wing equivalent of Dchristie. Its easier just to put them both on ignore. (Although maybe he actually agrees with your original post, and was using himself as an example of the intolerance present within Christianity... very clever Pawnstar, I'm on to you... Your actually a liberal and your wacked-out persona on this board is a satirical mimicry of the Christian Right)
    Thank you. It was clear from his 1st post with the childish vocabulary that his goal is premeditated and I have witnessed his kind spending many years in prison for murdering innocent black men, too.

It is not the stand that he is not taking that concerns me, it is his pioused ignorance that I find offensive. God, how I hope he does not profess Christianity. That is EXACTLY what I was originally posting about!

Quote Originally Posted by bogie
    Yes it is true. It is christians, not those opposed to religion, that give christianity a bad name. Which of course is exactly why I oppose christianity and all other religions.
    But now, that reasoning would apply to absolutely any category, would it not? I mean, skiing is fun & healthy & good for you, but so many skiers (even older, devout ones) break bones, so should I oppose skiing because of the careless skiers?

If that is your only reason, then aren't you letting your mind be persuaded by posers?

Have you ever met anyone who reflects a good image of Christianity to you?

.........continuing with the respect I keep referring to,

Yes, I believe that this is the only way for my salvation.

Again, I re-iterate that it is not the religions that are evil, but the participants. If you read the bible, it also mirrors a peaceful religion, but persons like you make it appear evil.

I don't know where this is coming from? About what?

I have to agree with Kazza on this one, just ignore pawnstar. No matter what you say, ask, or do he will always assume he is right. (Even if you slap facts in his face - he doesn't care.) You're more likely to dig yourself to China before you ever get him to agree with you on this.

pawnstar Guest

Any REAL Christian would say that Christ is the only way to be saved.
    Is that too hard to understand?

And islam IS an evil religion. Terrorists murder in the name of allah.
    Read up on mohammed.he was nothing more than a murdering pedophile.

you seem to me like one of those cross dressing,make up smearing cowards diechristie,or anti-americanindian.

.........continuing with the respect I keep referring to,

Yes, I believe that this is the only way for my salvation.

Again, I re-iterate that it is not the religions that are evil, but the participants. If you read the bible, it also mirrors a peaceful religion, but persons like you make it appear evil.

I don't know where this is coming from? About what?

Thank you lisan23. I remember you as one of the more decent & respectful acting ones from this board. Glad to see you are still here.

You know, I don't try to get people to agree with me as much as I just require the same respect that they demand of me.

What the pawnman does not realize is that:

1. I am Christian - but as a Christian, it is my accountability to love everyone, regardless. His own actions of hatred is more inherent to the very terrorists that he refers to.
    2. I believe very much in the bible as the Divine Word of God - however, nowhere in it does it say I should cram it down a non-believers throat. On the contrary, I am to personify in my daily actions the teachings of Christ.
    3. I am a Republican, a conservative & highly, highly opposed to political correctness, liberalism, the ACLU, and all of those things that I feel to be the downfall of my country - but no amount of hatemongering, viscious attitudes, or brow beating will change that, so I live a Christian life, I love a Christian way and I treat people displaying the teachings of the Christ.....with firm, steadfast resolution, delivered with compassion, gentleness & common courtesy, even the pawnmen of the world.