+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: valproate semisodium - advise wanted

Quote Originally Posted by enlightenment
    Dr P.

You state that their liver would literally melt. And that the process would be the most agonising self slaughter imaginable.
    I am taking your word there, but is it not more likely that they would pass out, and die in their sleep, in their own vomit, perhaps?
    What is Tylenol?
    What is Seppuku, and why would you regard this as more 'honourable'.
    Your answers would be appreciated.
    Ah, this seems to be an intellectual exercise, then. No-one in immediate danger of shufflin' off this M.C.

Well, I should be puttin' out the cold frames for the early cucumbers...

This thread's a real yawner. What is the interest in this drug?
    Last edited by phlipper; 03-11-2007 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phlipper
    This thread's a real yawner. What is the interest in this drug?
    Then don't post on it then, quarter wit.
    "Ethics" is simply a last-gasp attempt by deist conservatives and
    orthodox dogmatics to keep humanity in ignorance and obscurantism,
    through the well tried fermentation of fear, the fear of science and
    new technologies.
    There is nothing glorious about what our ancestors call history,
    it is simply a succession of mistakes, intolerances and violations.

Quote Originally Posted by HotParadox
    Tylenol is the brand name for acetaminophen or paracetemol. It's an analgesic, used for reducing fevers and treating headaches. Good on fevers, bad on headaches, imo.

Seppuku is a Japanese suicide ritual involving disembowelment. :eek:

It's bad for the body PERIOD! A few years ago I was taking it EXACTLY as it stated on the bottle. I then found myself in the hospital with my liver shutting down. If you've got a fever, a fever is actually your friend. It's heating up your body to kill the bacteria that are making you sick. Don't take tylenol or any other kind of OTC medication to get rid of a fever. The only time fevers are dangerous is when they get too high. Otherwise, they are our body's way of "fixing" themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by heavensent
    .....If you've got a fever, a fever is actually your friend. It's heating up your body to kill the bacteria that are making you sick. Don't take tylenol or any other kind of OTC medication to get rid of a fever. The only time fevers are dangerous is when they get too high. Otherwise, they are our body's way of "fixing" themselves.
    I agree with you on this.

It's bad for the body PERIOD! A few years ago I was taking it EXACTLY as it stated on the bottle. I then found myself in the hospital with my liver shutting down. If you've got a fever, a fever is actually your friend. It's heating up your body to kill the bacteria that are making you sick. Don't take tylenol or any other kind of OTC medication to get rid of a fever. The only time fevers are dangerous is when they get too high. Otherwise, they are our body's way of "fixing" themselves.
    That's awful, hs. I take aspirin or Motrin, but Motrin only if I really feel I cannot tolerate a migraine. Other than that, you'll find no drugs in my medicine cabinet. Mint tea will often help my headaches if hydrating myself with plenty of H2O fails withing 20 minutes.

As far as fevers go, I agree with you completely. I should have said that Tylenol is good on very high fevers that warrant medication. Thanks for correcting. :) My pediatrician tells me not to reduce the kids' fevers unless it's over 102.5.

Nice talking to you. :)
    Last edited by HotParadox; 03-11-2007 at 07:42 PM.
    Click both daily for an easy & FREE way to help care for the needy:
    The Animal Rescue Site/charity
    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...faces?siteId=3
    The Rainforest Site/charity
    http://www.therainforestsite.com/cli...gin=Sister_ars

That's awful, hs. I take aspirin or Motrin, but Motrin only if I really feel I cannot tolerate a migraine. Other than that, you'll find no drugs in my medicine cabinet. Mint tea will often help my headaches if hydrating myself with plenty of H2O fails withing 20 minutes.

As far as fevers go, I agree with you completely. I should have said that Tylenol is good on very high fevers that warrant medication. Thanks for correcting. :) My pediatrician tells me not to reduce the kids' fevers unless it's over 102.5.

Nice talking to you. :)
    Do you or have you ever taken a good/bio-available source of omega 3? If you tend to have migraines this will help! A migraine happens as a result of a few blood cells clotting together and trying to push through the small veins around the temple area because they're not well protected on all sides and stick together. As they begin to stick together and pass through the smaller areas by the temple, they cause the severe headache called a migrane. Women are more prone to them especially during "that time" of the month. If your cells are protected and well lubricated, they won't be able to stick together and you won't have the issue of migranes. We've had numerous people be able to get off their migraine meds & no longer suffer from those horrible headaches using Omega 3! It's brain food! Hope that helps!

With that said, I'm sure you're well aware (you're too smart to fall for the old Wally world & dollar store thing) not to purchase your supplements at some goofey discount store. When you can get 10lb tub of 1000 capsules for $5.00, you're not going to benefit from it at all and it could actually stimulate other issues to occur.

Omega 3. Fish oils, right?

Actually, I bought a tub of them just recent.

There were one's in a fancy packaging, very expensive, and imo, that is what you are paying for, the packaging. They were about $20 for quite a small number.

On the other hand, there were Omega 3 that were not in flash packaging, at a fraction of the price, and I bought those.

Have I made an error?
    new technologies.

Do you or have you ever taken a good/bio-available source of omega 3? If you tend to have migraines this will help! A migraine happens as a result of a few blood cells clotting together and trying to push through the small veins around the temple area because they're not well protected on all sides and stick together. As they begin to stick together and pass through the smaller areas by the temple, they cause the severe headache called a migrane. Women are more prone to them especially during "that time" of the month. If your cells are protected and well lubricated, they won't be able to stick together and you won't have the issue of migranes. We've had numerous people be able to get off their migraine meds & no longer suffer from those horrible headaches using Omega 3! It's brain food! Hope that helps!

With that said, I'm sure you're well aware (you're too smart to fall for the old Wally world & dollar store thing) not to purchase your supplements at some goofey discount store. When you can get 10lb tub of 1000 capsules for $5.00, you're not going to benefit from it at all and it could actually stimulate other issues to occur.
    Thanks, hs. Haha, no Walmart, I'm very particular about my, my families and my dogs supplements. :)

I take Nutraceutical Sciences Institute Superior Mega EFA Omega-3 EPA & DHA twice a day. And I eat cold water fish every day of my life: Samlon, bluefish, fresh tuna, fresh sardines.

They occur less frequently, and my mum and son were/are sufferers as well.

It's a cyclical and hereditary thing.

Quote Originally Posted by enlightenment
    Omega 3. Fish oils, right?

Actually, I bought a tub of them just recent.

There were one's in a fancy packaging, very expensive, and imo, that is what you are paying for, the packaging. They were about $20 for quite a small number.

On the other hand, there were Omega 3 that were not in flash packaging, at a fraction of the price, and I bought those.

Have I made an error?
    Hmmm, well, I buy my supplements from very high end manufacturers, so I would say that you get what you pay for. Fish is a great source as well as some nuts such as walnuts, Steve.

Check this out:

http://www.nowfoods.com/?action=item...&item_id=13044

Hmmm, well, I buy my supplements from very high end manufacturers, so I would say that you get what you pay for. Fish is a great source as well as some nuts such as walnuts, Steve.

Check this out:

http://www.nowfoods.com/?action=item...&item_id=13044
    Can't we just eat fish and nuts and not have to go through that rigamarole? To get what I need, would I have to eat 50 lbs of fish and 130 lbs of walnuts per day? If so, that doesn't sound very natural.

Can't we just eat fish and nuts and not have to go through that rigamarole? To get what I need, would I have to eat 50 lbs of fish and 130 lbs of walnuts per day? If so, that doesn't sound very natural.
    Yes, and you know what, I say eat a well balanced diet and take a high grade multi and you're good to go. But for instance, women don't usually get as much calcium as they need in their diets, so they are wise to take a calcium sup. CoQ10 (Coenzyme Q10), that's a sup that is good for your cardiovascular health and it's difficult to get enough in our typical diets, so 60 mg once or twice a day is not a bad investment in your c-v health; see what I'm saying.

I couldn't see anything on that link that proposed 50lbs of fish, and 130lbs of walnuts, each day?

I am quite tired, so maybe it is in there, and I am just not seeing it... :confused:

If it was, I think that volume would make you physically quite sick.
    new technologies.