+ Reply to Thread

Chartwell Finance

Has anyone heard of or used this program...Chartwell Finance LTD. Their website is www.chartwellfinance.com

They provide personl loans, auto loans and mortgage loans. They are out of New York, have a fax number, telephone number and street address.

I called the telephone number, just to see if a live person would answer or if it was a recording. A young lady answered and told me how the company works, which I already knew from reading the website. The website says they have been providing this service since 1997.

I could not find anything for or against them at the BBB. I googled them, but nothing comes up except their advertisement. I also noticed there are other Chartwell's listed on Google, but the one I am asking about goes under Chartwell Finance LTD.

Anyway, I filled out the application and have been approved for a loan of $5000 at 9.50% with a repayment of $105.01 over a period of 5 years.

Now here is where the "red flag" comes up. Before I can get the loan they want a $450.00 payment which covers insurance and coverage against any late payments.

If there are any other ways to check them out on the web, or if anyone has had any personal experience with this company, please let me know.

I have not signed anything as yet.

Thanks,
    need2know

Re: Chartwell Finance

Have u checked if over loan companys charge payments?

I do know if you have "good" credit, finance companies will not charge this kind of "upfront" fee or maybe they tack it on the back end, I don't know.

I have applied to other finance companies, but was turned down because my credit is not good.

According to Chatwell's website, they specialize in giving loans to people with "not so good credit" which is my situation, so I know the terms would be a bit different.

I will pay this "upfront" fee to get the $5000, but I just need to know that after paying the fee, I will still get the $5000.

Thanks,
    need2know

Quote Originally Posted by need2know
    I will pay this "upfront" fee to get the $5000, but I just need to know that after paying the fee, I will still get the $5000.

Thanks,
    need2know
    It could be illegal to charge upfront fee.

And they have identical address to "GEORGIA CRIME VICTIMS COMPENSATION PROGRAM " of Criminal Justice Coordinating Council.
    Their New York address is Mail Boxes Etc.

It also does not make sense financially. If you trust me with $4500 and not $5000, why not lend me $4500 in the first place.

Their website is one year old

IT IS A SCAM!!!!

1 year old website, 10 year old company , seems to be a scam