+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 37

  1. #1
    Fizban "The Fabulous" Guest

    How to spot an agent

    1) Avoidance. They never actually discuss issues head-on or provide constructive input,
    (ahem, plenty of well meaning users here do this but they are just agent-like people and not
    actually agents) generally avoiding citation of references or credentials. Rather, they merely imply
    this, that, and the other. Virtually everything about their presentation implies their authority and
    expert knowledge in the matter without any further justification for credibility.

    2) Selectivity. They tend to pick and choose opponents carefully, either applying the hit and
    run approach against mere commentators supportive of opponents, or focusing heavier attacks on
    key opponents who are known to directly address issues. Should a commentator become argumentative
    with any success, the focus will shift to include the commentator as well.

    3) Coincidental. They tend to surface suddenly and somewhat coincidentally with a new
    controversial topic with no clear prior record of participation in general discussions in the
    particular public arena involved. They likewise tend to vanish once the topic is no longer
    of general concern. They were likely directed or elected to be there for a reason, and
    vanish with the reason.

    4) Teamwork. They tend to operate in self-congratulatory and complementary packs or teams.
    Of course, this can happen naturally in any public forum, but there will likely be an ongoing pattern
    of frequent exchanges of this sort where professionals are involved. Sometimes one of the players
    will infiltrate the opponent camp to become a source for straw man or other tactics designed to dilute
    opponent presentation strength.

    5) Anti-conspiratorial. They almost always have disdain for 'conspiracy theorists' and, usually, for
    those who in any way believe JFK was not killed by LHO. Ask yourself why, if they hold such disdain
    for conspiracy theorists, do they focus on defending a single topic discussed in a forum discussing
    conspiracies? One might think they would either be trying to make fools of everyone on every topic,
    or simply ignore the group they hold in such disdain. Or, one might more rightly conclude they have
    an ulterior motive for their actions in going out of their way to focus as they do.

    6) Artificial Emotions. An odd kind of 'artificial' emotionalism and an unusually thick skin, an ability to
    persevere and persist even in the face of overwhelming criticism and unacceptance. This likely stems from
    intelligence community training that, no matter how condemning the evidence, deny everything, and never
    become emotionally involved or reactive. The net result for a dis-info artist is that emotions can seem
    artificial. Most people, if responding in anger, for instance, will express their animosity throughout their
    rebuttal. But dis-info types usually have trouble maintaining the 'image' and are hot and cold with respect
    to pretended emotions and their usually more calm or unemotional communications style. It's just a job,
    and they often seem unable to 'act their role in character' as well in a communications medium as they
    might be able in a real face-to-face conversation/confrontation. You might have outright rage and
    indignation one moment, ho-hum the next, and more anger later -- an emotional yo-yo. With respect
    to being thick-skinned, no amount of criticism will deter them from doing their job, and they will generally
    continue their old dis-info patterns without any adjustments to criticisms of how obvious it is that they play
    that game -- where a more rational individual who truly cares what others think might seek to improve their
    communications style, substance, and so forth, or simply give up.

    7) Inconsistent. There is also a tendency to make mistakes which betray their true self/motives. This may
    stem from not really knowing their topic, or it may be somewhat 'freudian', so to speak, in that perhaps they
    really root for the side of truth deep within.

    I have noted that often, they will simply cite contradictory information which neutralizes itself and the author.

    For instance, one such player claimed to be a Navy pilot, but blamed his poor communicating skills (spelling,
    grammar, incoherent style) on having only a grade-school education. I'm not aware of too many Navy pilots
    who don't have a college degree. Another claimed no knowledge of a particular topic/situation but later claimed
    first-hand knowledge of it.

    8) BONUS TRAIT: Time Constant. Recently discovered, with respect to News Groups, is the response time
    factor. There are three ways this can be seen to work, especially when the government or other empowered
    player is involved in a cover up operation:

    8a) ANY posting by a targeted proponent for truth can result in an IMMEDIATE response.The government and
    other empowered players can afford to pay people to sit there and watch for an opportunity to do some
    damage. SINCE DIS-INFO ONLY WORKS IF THE READER SEES IT - FAST RESPONSE IS CALLED FOR, or
    the visitor may be swayed towards truth.

    8b) When dealing in more direct ways with a disinformationalist, such as email, DELAY IS CALLED FOR,
    there will usually be a minimum of a 48-72 hour delay. This allows a sit-down team discussion on response
    strategy for best effect, and even enough time to 'get permission' or instruction from a formal chain of
    command.

    8c) In the example 8b) above, it will often ALSO be seen that bigger guns are drawn and fired after the
    same 48-72 hours delay - the team approach in play. This is especially true when the targeted truth seeker
    or their comments are considered more important with respect to potential to reveal truth. Thus, a serious
    truth sayer will be attacked twice for the same sin.



    ----------------------------------------------------------


    It's very likely that this forum like all others is food for the 3 letter organizations. No doubt that as this is processed key words are flagged for further investigation.

    http://ai.arizona.edu/research/terro...c_MainText.pdf

    This link is very interesting and the related articles should warrant further reading

    http://ai.arizona.edu/research/terror/index.htm

    and the Terrorism Knowledge Portal
    Http://aidemo.eller.arizona.edu/tkp/...p?event=search like it no I love it

    might be a better idea to copy and paste these directly into the addr bar than link dirrectly

    The best agents for spreading FUD ( Fear, Uncertainty&Disinformation ) are those
    who don't know that they are agents.. ALL "patriots" are "agents" to some extent,
    these are the guys who say "support the troops", "the government would never murder"
    and all the other delusional crap they say .. like "america is the greatest giver","the Iraqis OWE the US",
    "we die for your freedom" blablabla ...

    Once you accept the fact that agents DO exist, the real ones ( those who get a pay-check) are quite easy to spot.
    Check out this one, he calls himself "Technology_is_a_?_Good"








    http://forums.truecrypt.org/viewtopi...&postorder=asc


    In another topic about Windows "security" and backdoors


    http://forums.truecrypt.org/viewtopic.php?t=4935

    he even plays both the "tin-foil hat" AND the "LHO shot JFK" cards .. he starts with this gem :


    QUOTE
    "The backdoor that is wide open here is not in Vista, but in the minds of some of the posters. Microsoft is anxious to do what its customers want to pay for, and they don't want secret backdoors, nor would the government ever want or dare to anger voters by having a company illegally spy against the public or to undermine the country by having banks and all kinds of key public and private insitutions unknowingly use a broken crytographic system--even assuming such a vast conspiracy could long be kept secret in a liberal democracy, which it can't (unlike, say, in China). The government can't even keep the most minute details of its lawful anti-terrorist programs out of the front pages! Mistakes can happen of course, but the one piece of Vista that has probably been the most thoroughly reviewed, and by several cryptographic experts, is Bitlocker. There is a much, much higher chance of a backdoor in an obscure piece of software, open source or not, downloaded from a doubtful or untrusted source. But no software, no matter how sophisticated, can protect one from the gaping security hole opened by one's own bad judgment of the world around one."
    That is an agent.. it's quite interesting to read his posts as they give you a demonstration on how the
    "information awareness office" works..


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,840

    Re: How to spot an agent

    great article

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: How to spot an agent

    How do you figure that guy is an agent.

    Someone was saying Windows Vista has a backdoor that allows you the government to spy on you. The 'agent' is saying that is highly unlikely, but there are plenty of other ways that people can spy on you and you would be better off using a little common sense when it comes to computers and the internet.

    How does that make him an agent? What about his argument is "agent"-like?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,215

    Re: How to spot an agent

    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy
    great article
    your demented.
    Last edited by Leeguana; 03-03-2007 at 02:55 PM.
    "Science is evidence without proof. Creationism is proof without evidence."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,549

    Re: How to spot an agent

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiz
    ...The best agents for spreading FUD ( Fear, Uncertainty&Disinformation ) are those
    who don't know that they are agents.. ALL "patriots" are "agents" to some extent,
    these are the guys who say "support the troops", "the government would never murder"
    and all the other delusional crap they say .. like "america is the greatest giver","the Iraqis OWE the US",
    "we die for your freedom" blablabla ...
    So does this mean that all someone has to do is question or disagree and they're an "agent"?
    Couldn't they just be somebody who thinks the stated premise is a bunch of crap"?

    In a public forum environment what is the benefit of "planting an agent" since there is nothing to uncover and spreading misinformation is a pointless effort since, according to CT, it is constantly before the public?
    Last edited by PaulM; 03-04-2007 at 06:14 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,369

    Pugs an agent too

    :D Good job Fizban!
    Heres one from the Moon Hoax thread posted by the pug.
    The threads about the moon hoax right? Suddenly pug post this about 911 :eek:
    ''"All we ask is that you watch the whole thing. We are, however, aware that most Conspiracy Theorists will click off within minutes. All we can say to this is that we spent a long time viewing and analysing 9/11 Mysteries. Please have the decency to hear us out."
    three we's and one us. He's refering to his buddys.
    1) paulcrawl the godfather, the old man who operates as a nice guy on the forum with maul content.
    2) wiz, the best of the paulcrawl clan. Knows how to deal with getting caught lying. A trait he teaches, and is certified at.
    3) bogiewolf, better better known as bogus boy. He clames to have 16000+ hours of flying to 51 countrys. Is a jet rated Vietnam vet who also has sailplane time, and balloon time. But as the IQ of a rat.
    4) woody, a flip side 69, AC/DC closet monster who came out some time back as a real researcher on 911, stating that it was a big government conspiricy, then doing and about face and crawling in bed with paulcrawl and wiz!
    5) pug, who goes by Leeguana. He's new to the crawl crowd, but considered armed and dangerous.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: How to spot an agent

    I guess I haven't been posting in the CT forum enough recentley. I'm not on Soulbro's list anymore. You forgot about Kamikaze Soulbro :)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,548

    Re: Pugs an agent too

    Quote Originally Posted by soulbro
    :D
    3) bogiewolf, better better known as bogus boy. He clames to have 16000+ hours of flying to 51 countrys. Is a jet rated Vietnam vet who also has sailplane time, and balloon time. But as the IQ of a rat.
    .
    I consider being on your list a compliment soul. :D But no balloon time and you left out rotorcraft. By the way I'm medically grounded for the next year at least so you have time to catch me on the total hours flying time but you'd better get out from behind that computer.

    Happy flying. :cool:
    The terminally stupid and certifiably insane.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,215

    Re: Pugs an agent too

    Quote Originally Posted by soulbro
    pug, who goes by Leeguana. He's new to the crawl crowd, but considered armed and dangerous.
    By "armed and dangerous", I'm assuming you mean I use "facts" to back up arguments/counter arguments?

    I think the conspiracy theory forum is cool. Just wish some of the hardcore CT'ers would examine all sides of the issues. I'm not anti-CT, I just don't agree with your non-scientific means of exploring the topics at hand.
    "Science is evidence without proof. Creationism is proof without evidence."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,369

    Re: How to spot an agent

    Lets talk b wolf!



    bogiewolf wrote> on 55mph Speed limits are a scam
    You're right Ruby but there will always be folks like some here who think laws are not meant for them. They actually think they can drive better than the rest of us so they should be able to do whatever they want. I've been a military or professional pilot for almost forty years and I can assure you that I travel faster on a weekly basis than anybody here in whatever car they have. One thing 500 MPH has taught me is a sense of responsibility. Four decades in aviation and I've seen all the hot shots come and go. The best ones don't talk about how good they are, the rest of us already know how good they are. Once one of the others start bragging about how fast or hot they are, they give themselves away. Just like these guys here, they're really talking about what they wish they could do.< OK, so I ask about his career and he replies :D

    1. soulhore ask. where do u fly? bogus answers> I am the Chief Pilot/Director of Flight Operations for a company that has worldwide interests. Not counting Vietnam in the military, I've flown to fifty one countries on six continents and all fifty states. Too many towns and cities to count.

    2. soulhore ask, what have you flown? bogus answers> More than 70 aircraft types. My airline transport pilot certificate lists airplane, single and multiengine land, helicopter, and glider categories along with seven jet type ratings. Haven't gotten around to adding balloon or float plane. Currently I fly a Boeing 727 in executive configuration with long range tanks and a Gulfstream IV.

    3.soulhore ask, how many hours u got logged? boguswolf answers> Just over 16,000 not counting about 1500 in competition sailplanes.

    4.Wow folks! So soulhore ask, give us some military input too. bogus says >>>Nine years US Army Chief Warrant Officer flying fixed and rotary wing aircraft. Instructor pilot, instrument examiner.
    UH1 Medivac pilot, Bien Hua, Republic of South Vietnam June 1969-July 1970.
    :p


    WOW BOGUS, WERE HONORED! So how you been feeling bogie? oh I'm medically grounded for the next year at least, its wonderful knowing you will be around a lot more to wolf.
    The balloon time is believable, the rest ain't.....

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,369

    Re: Pugs an agent too

    Quote Originally Posted by Leeguana
    By "armed and dangerous", I'm assuming you mean I use "facts" to back up arguments/counter arguments?

    I think the conspiracy theory forum is cool. Just wish some of the hardcore CT'ers would examine all sides of the issues. I'm not anti-CT, I just don't agree with your non-scientific means of exploring the topics at hand.
    PUG you got to wait ur turn. ur new, ur posts carry little weight as we speak...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,215

    Re: Pugs an agent too

    Quote Originally Posted by soulbro
    PUG you got to wait ur turn. ur new, ur posts carry little weight as we speak...
    And your's carry more weight than mine. Okay then, time will tell . . .
    "Science is evidence without proof. Creationism is proof without evidence."

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,369

    Re: How to spot an agent

    pug writes >>>
    I think the conspiracy theory forum is cool. Just wish some of the hardcore CT'ers would examine all sides of the issues. I'm not anti-CT, I just don't agree with your non-scientific means of exploring the topics at hand. :eek:

    whats non-scientific about getting shot in the ass with and arrow , knowing its possable because ur chiefs tell u over and over that its a possibility. Ouch!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,215

    Re: How to spot an agent

    Quote Originally Posted by soulbro
    pug writes >>>
    I think the conspiracy theory forum is cool. Just wish some of the hardcore CT'ers would examine all sides of the issues. I'm not anti-CT, I just don't agree with your non-scientific means of exploring the topics at hand. :eek:

    whats non-scientific about getting shot in the ass with and arrow , knowing its possable because ur chiefs tell u over and over that its a possibility. Ouch!
    Your thought patterns are disconnected. Re-connect and start over.
    "Science is evidence without proof. Creationism is proof without evidence."

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,369

    Re: How to spot an agent

    chill pug, ur on the ignore list, but just for a few post ok? u handle that. Ur not on the "do we care" list yet pug. Keep posting and you could replace bogus for the #3 spot. (wiz and crawl got 1 and 2 secured for now) Hey pug the #3 spot is a honor! bogus is sick, chances are u could weasel ur way in and take it!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,215

    Re: How to spot an agent

    Quote Originally Posted by soulbro
    chill pug, ur on the ignore list, but just for a few post ok? u handle that. Ur not on the "do we care" list yet pug. Keep posting and you could replace bogus for the #3 spot. (wiz and crawl got 1 and 2 secured for now) Hey pug the #3 spot is a honor! bogus is sick, chances are u could weasel ur way in and take it!
    soulbro (notice I address you by your "handle"), I care not to usurp those upon your "list". This is not my intention. I believe the title of this thread is "How To Spot An Agent". So, AM I AN AGENT? And if so, who are my contacts, and what is my mission?
    "Science is evidence without proof. Creationism is proof without evidence."

Similar Threads

  1. Spot an health scam
    By Kisses in forum Insurance Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-04-2015, 09:13 PM
  2. Awesome MLM - lock your spot . . .
    By cruisin_man in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-25-2011, 03:44 AM
  3. Liberal:Talking About God Not Right in Sacred Spot
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 06:51 PM
  4. Let's Play 'Spot the Democrat'!
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 01:03 PM
  5. Can you spot the difference?
    By Grim17 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-13-2007, 08:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •