+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 122 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

United First Financial

I have a close friend in Texas who paid $150 to become an agent and $3500 for their MMA HELOC mortgage software. It never arrived, then they said it was online. Then he found out that the program was illegal in the state of Texas, they wouldn't give him his money back, etc. My friend can't find anyone who has actually been successful in their so called MMA program.

The story just goes downhill from there.

These guys are real good hype artists. They come and talk a wonderful story, get everyone excited, sign them up as agents, sell their software and then never deliver. It is all hype and no substance.

Anyone else had any experience with these scam artists? United First financial is located in Utah.

Re: United First Financial

Sensible Guy,

I would just like to help if I can.

The mma program is not illegal in Texas. In fact it's just the opposite. The Home Equity Line requirements in Texas have so many restrictions that they simply dont work with the mma program. This doesn't make it illegal in Texas, it just means that it is not the right fit for the program. Texas is the only state that has their lines of credit set up this way. For this reason, United First does not offer the mma program in Texas.

I know the people at United First very well. If some how your friend in Texas has paid for the mma program and has not received a refund, your friend can call the Customer Support line at 1-866-307-3201 and ask for a manager. They will be happy to issue your friend a prompt refund of any monies paid.

Also, the mma program is real. It is intended to help homeowners get out of debt.

Thanks!
    Tracker78
    Last edited by tracker78; 03-03-2007 at 08:20 PM.

marshur Guest

:) I use the United First Financial MMA software (web based software), and I love it. It was well worth the 3500.00. It is helping me save thousands of dollars of interest and paying off my mortgage in half the years. Those who take an honest look at all the facts and figures from a reputable source will find that this system truly creates a significant advantage for homeowners. Contact me if you want any other information. I'm in Arkansas.

United First Financial, its agents and subsidiaries provide Internet web based software and support services. United First Financial does not provide accounting, tax, legal, real-estate, mortgage or investment advice. Interested parties should seek and consult with persons or entities licensed and qualified in those areas for advice relating to those matters. United First Financial is not liable or responsible for claims or representations made by any party which are not included in the MMA Limited Guarantee.
    Last edited by scambuster; 04-04-2007 at 06:12 PM.

Sensible Guy,
    I just became an agent with ufirst in memphis tn, I have to say when i first heard about the program I thought it was a scam as well But Ive been using it for about 2 months and its grate. What most people dont realize is that they are buying a program thats doing something we as humans have a hard time doing and thats managing our money. This should help anyone who has any quiestions or doesnt under stand what UFirst's MMA program does.Money Merge Accounts: Are They A Good Deal For Home Borrowers?
    What is a “money merge account”? A “money merge account” is a special home equity line of credit placed on your home. Every time you receive a paycheck, the whole thing goes straight towards first paying off any balance in your money merge account, then the entire remainder of your check goes towards paying the interest, then the principal of your home loan. Let’s say you had a mortgage with $1,500 payments and you set up a money merge account. Each month, you received $3,500 in paychecks, but only spent $1,200 (and sometimes less). That means that automatically $2,300 (and sometimes more) goes towards that mortgage each month - an extra $800 towards principal every single month. This means a 30 year mortgage would be paid off in 13 years and two months.
    Here’s the catch: to get into this program, it’ll cost you. I examined several money merge account options online and the rates varied from $1,800 to $4,500, with the average coming in around $3,000 to get started. This is added to the principal of the loan.
    In other words, the fee adds about $20 to each minimum payment over the life of a loan, and in the accelerated calculation means that you’ll make almost exactly another month’s worth of payment - it will take you 13 years and 3 months to pay it off.
    On the other hand, you could theoretically do it yourself. Start using a high-interest checking account (like Electric Orange, which gives you 4% interest) and then send every cent you can to the mortgage payment. Going back to the earlier scenario, if you always kept $1,000 in there as a buffer, got paid your $3,500 at the start of the month, spent $1,200 throughout the month, then sent off everything down to $1,000 at the end of the month to your lender, you would pay an average of $813 extra each month (that extra $13 comes from interest on the checking account). Given those numbers, you could pay off the mortgage in just barely over 13 years (the final payment is a tiny one).
    Although that seems like a better financial deal than a money merge account (and it is), it has one huge risk: you. As we’ve discussed before, individuals are a huge risk because of their desire to spend money that’s “just sitting there” in an account. It wouldn’t take much at all over thirteen years for you to take money that’s already yours and spend it on something else.
    One psychological advantage of a money merge account is that it encourages frugality. Why? It puts you in a situation where every dollar you spend basically goes onto your mortgage principal. See that bag of chips at the store? Is it worth it going onto your mortgage? You can use your own home as a psychological tool to be thrifty - and thus get out of the mortgage sooner.
    If you have a lot of financial discipline, doing it yourself is a better deal than a money merge account. However, if you’re prone to spending extra at all and have found yourself saying, “Well, I have plenty extra right now, so I can afford it,” then a money merge account is probably the fastest way available to you to pay off your mortgage.

Last edited by scambuster; 04-04-2007 at 06:02 PM.

marsha Guest

[B]I suggest
    Last edited by scambuster; 04-04-2007 at 06:02 PM.

Hello everyone, Just wanted to support the MMA. Have been on it for 2 mo. now. Makes an average guy into a mortgage free guy. $3500 is worth every penny, too me. Definately NOT a scam, just sounds too good to be true. The softwares ability to maximize the efficiency of your money is incredible. Lets me see what my money is doing everyday, for me. Well, just wanted to lend support for this unbelievable product. Good day too all. :)

Don't these posts in defense sound more like ads? All these, "I've been doing it for 2 whole months and it's the best thing ever!"

The system appears to be "put every cent you make onto your mortgage and you'll pay it off early". Then they say, "use your system because our expensive software program uses math that's too difficult to explain for a moron like you"

Stay away!

marsha Guest

This system

Marsha/Marshur--are you curious why you keep getting banned? :)
    Last edited by scambuster; 04-04-2007 at 06:03 PM.

This principle of paying more towards the principal balance such as bi weekly making it in total 13 months worth of payments instead of 12 months will cut your loan in half.

This principle is true, but you don't need to pay a high priced software program to reap the benefits. You can do it yourself and you need to make sure your mortgage lender allows it which most do. In fact many mortgage companies off this idea as well for a fee of about $250.00 and they will do it for you including all the calculation effort.

You will have a spread sheet formula calculation schedule that will show how fast you will save by adding a little bit more towards principle every two weeks.

This program from United First sounds like it is for those who are not disciplined enough to do it yourself, and even if you are not disciplined enough many mortgage companies have it set in place and will automatically withdraw from your bank acct if discipline is a problem.

I am not so sure how many different ways of calculating will save you more than the simple well known bi weekly payment schedule works out. Paying a little more towards principle on a two week basis is leveraging time and an overall additional monthly mortgage payment per year.

Who needs to pay $3,500.00 for a mathmatical principle that is taught almost anywhere for free?? Math is a science not an art. No matter how you slice it, dice it and fractionalize it , it will still be the sum of the whole, no less or no more if you are using true mathmatical principles.

Stay out of the Mike barnett, Ted Sillings, Larry Baker, Bob, Sandy Christenson, Guara Taneja, and all Rich Reinhold, and all of the other phony baloney sponsors that can only make a buck out giving their whole lives to deceit, fraud, misrepresentation, and the whole host of other lying wonders they peddle to hard working honest citizens so much unlike their lying life styled selves.

Razor

Razor

Quote Originally Posted by razor78
    This principle of paying more towards the principal balance such as bi weekly making it in total 13 months worth of payments instead of 12 months will cut your loan in half.

This principle is true, but you don't need to pay a high priced software program to reap the benefits. You can do it yourself and you need to make sure your mortgage lender allows it which most do. In fact many mortgage companies off this idea as well for a fee of about $250.00 and they will do it for you including all the calculation effort.

You will have a spread sheet formula calculation schedule that will show how fast you will save by adding a little bit more towards principle every two weeks.

This program from United First sounds like it is for those who are not disciplined enough to do it yourself, and even if you are not disciplined enough many mortgage companies have it set in place and will automatically withdraw from your bank acct if discipline is a problem.

I am not so sure how many different ways of calculating will save you more than the simple well known bi weekly payment schedule works out. Paying a little more towards principle on a two week basis is leveraging time and an overall additional monthly mortgage payment per year.

Who needs to pay $3,500.00 for a mathmatical principle that is taught almost anywhere for free?? Math is a science not an art. No matter how you slice it, dice it and fractionalize it , it will still be the sum of the whole, no less or no more if you are using true mathmatical principles.

Stay out of the Mike barnett, Ted Sillings, Larry Baker, Bob, Sandy Christenson, Guara Taneja, and all Rich Reinhold, and all of the other phony baloney sponsors that can only make a buck out giving their whole lives to deceit, fraud, misrepresentation, and the whole host of other lying wonders they peddle to hard working honest citizens so much unlike their lying life styled selves.

Razor

Razor

It's a very good concept What it comes down to is any time you send off a payment before your loan schedule calls for it you greatly reduce the amount of time it will take you to pay off your loan They calculate the amount of your monthly payments over 30 years on a set schedule. Using that plan on a typical 30 yr loan you pay little of the principal off in the first 10 or 15 years. Your monthly statement will tell you exactly how much.

If you make just 1 xtra mtg payment a year I think you reduce the time to pay it takes to pay off the whole loan off by like 7 years. I heard if you make bi weekly payments you also end up with a similar result without increasing the total payment you give them each month . With the bi weekly plan you are just breaking the payments up into 2 parts but by doing that you reduce the time it takes to pay the loan off. Your mortage lender can probably tell you more about it and maybe even set it up for you . Try contacting your lender first and ask them . Then apply the $3500 you plan on paying United to reducing your principal.
    Ask the lender what the net effect of sending them $3500 will be on your loan

I have heard many say that they can do it themselves, but yet they are still paying on a mortgage. It's like the banks taking you on a taxi cab ride with the meter still running.

Here were it started:

1997 - The planning for the launch of the One account commenced in the Spring of 1997 as a joint venture between Virgin Direct (Virgin's financial services company) and The Royal Bank of Scotland.

The One account was launched on 17 October 1997 to Virgin Direct's 200,000 strong customer base and was an immediate hit.

1998 - After the successful launch to Virgin Direct customers, the One account advertised direct to the public for the first time in May 1998.

A high profile TV campaign followed in September - to reinforce and build on the growing awareness of the One account in the UK.

1999 - In 1999, research from NOP Financial and David Goldreich of The London Business School proved that eight out of every ten people in the UK with borrowings of more than £50,000 would be better off with a One account.

The findings were widely reported in the press - and supported with a press and TV marketing campaign sharing the news. Not surprisingly the popularity of the account increased still further.

2000 - We caused a furor within the banking industry with our January 2000 marketing campaign - promoting the Virgin One account with posters which cheekily suggested 'all the rest are bankers'. A full internet banking service for One account customers was launched on Valentine's day.

In March, Richard Branson stepped to the fore by jokingly changing his name to "Frank" for a new marketing campaign, declaring "You know me as Richard - but now I want to be Frank - there's a better way for you to manage your money".

At the end of 2000, the company had acquired well over 50,000 customers, lent more than £2.5 billion (pounds) and doubled in size year on year.

2001 - The year started with a marketing campaign designed to bring the company’s ‘uncommon sense’ philosophy to life.

The TV ad, which showed challenging situations that required the viewer to confront their preconceptions, was a massive hit - and was even the subject of a sketch by Rory Bremner on his TV show.

The thought that the One account defied the traditional ‘common sense’ view in banking to deliver a much better result - ‘uncommon sense’ - was rolled out across all press and poster advertising through the Spring and into the Summer.

In June, the Virgin One account scooped both Best Mortgage provider and Best Current Account provider at the Guardian/Observer Consumer Finance awards.

More awards followed in August when the One account won the prestigious Unisys Service Excellence award.

2002 - In January, the Virgin One account launched sales of the One account through intermediaries - forming business partnerships with some of the biggest IFA networks in the country.

In the same month we launched a £10 million (pounds) advertising campaign called ‘Live your life differently’ - which communicated the value and flexibility of the One account and asked people to think differently about their lives and finances.

We also wrote to all of our customers asking them to share their experiences of how the One account has changed their lives. The response was overwhelming and stories ranged from customers who have been able to pay off their mortgage years early to people giving up their jobs and using the flexibility of the One account to achieve their life’s ambition. Many of these stories featured in our advertising.

In June, the Virgin One account scooped both Best Mortgage provider and Best Current Account provider at the Guardian/Observer Consumer Finance awards.

Our philosophy of focusing on customers’ needs continued to prove successful as we celebrated lending over £5billion (pounds).

2003 - From January 2003, we became known simply as The One account.
    A big advertising campaign saw us use characters from the classic children's TV program, Hector’s House, to show how a couple of simple changes will help you make the most of your money.

Awards continued to flood in with The One account picking up ‘Best Mortgage Provider’ for the 3rd year running at The Guardian/Observer Consumer Finance Awards, ‘Best Current Account and Offset Mortgage Provider’ at the Moneyfacts Awards, ‘Best Current Account Mortgage’ at the Your Mortgage Awards and ‘Lifestyle Lender of the Year’ at the Mortgage Strategy Awards.

2004 - In 2004 we're taking The One account to even more people. We want to show everyone how we can help them achieve their goals.

Everyone has something they’ve always wanted to do ‘one day’ – it might be repaying their mortgage early, backpacking around the world or just having more time to themselves. Whatever their goal, we believe we can help people make ‘one day’ today – just by bringing their finances together in the One account.

This is what United 1st Financial has done with the MMA account in the United States!

I looked here on this site when i first looked into becoming an agent for u1st. I stopped back just to see what people have said over the past four months since I started selling the program. I am the director for PCM Mortgage in Memphis TN and done a lot of equity lines for customers to get on the software. We host seminars every thursday evening in the Clark Tower which is where our office is located. The software does work, and works extremely well (i do not use it because i dont have a mortgage, but my aunt, mother, father, grandmother and uncle use it and they all are extremely happy and excited.. I know it works because I have seen it working for them). Our company has been to seminars where bank of america, first tennesee, and a few other large banks have attended. The banks love this program. The VP for BANK OF AMERICA stood up in front of the whole crowd and stated that he "LOVES THIS PROGRAM" unfortunently they cannot sell it due to banking regulations. The reason for me saying that is obvious, if the VP of the largest bank in the united states is willing to take time out of his life to attend a meeting and make it a point to tell everyone that he loves what we are doing then there must be something to it. Everybody that posts a negative comment in here has no clue and truly make themselves look like complete idiots (anybody who is affiliated or on the software can attest to that.) And for those who say you can do it on your own, I beg to differ. The head of the math department for one of the major universities in the US went to utah with his spreadsheets and tried to calculate this himself, guess what the software beat his projection by 7 years and he is now on the software. So if you want to waste weeks developing spreadsheets that still are not going to compare to MMA then go ahead, nobody is stopping you. We will focus on the people that are smarter than you all and realize true benifit of the MMA program and are serious about getting out of debt in a way that does not affect their budget, and does not take up all of their time. So in the words of Les Pryor, YOU ALL BE RIGHT AND WE WILL BE RICH (by the way, Les came and spoke for our company for FREE and is an agent for us... if you dont know who he is then look him up. If anybody is serious about getting on the MMA or has any questions my office line is 901-767-5040, and my cell is 901-238-4226. I will be happy to give you a path to financial freedom.

Regards,

Reid Griffin
    Director of Mortgage Operations
    PCM Mortgage Inc.
    5100 Poplar Avenue Suite 2219
    Memphis, Tn 38137
    P: 901-767-5040
    C: 901-238-4226
    F: 901-682-2137
    [email protected]

Sorry I don't have a PHD is astronautical mathematics
    but I believe their program works like this :

Don't get me wrong , if United can shave a lot of years off your debts , then it is worth $3500 if you just feel more comfortable having them do it for you.

http://www.salemfive.com/mortgage/ultimateAccount.html
    The mortgage lender above will set it up for you . I hear many mortgage lenders will set up this $3500 system for you for free (the lender pays their fee), so after you set it up send your lender the $3500 these guys want from you. And United may make a lot more money on top of that if they are selling you a loan.

The United program works something like this I believe

1. Take out a Home Equity Line of Credit.
    2. At the beginning of every month, take an advance from the HELOC = to 1 month's worth of your paycheck (total earnings for the month-minus your expenses) and transfer that amount you just borrowed from your HELOC and apply it to the first mortgage as extra principal
    3. Use the HELOC to write checks for all your bill payments or expenses
    4. Every time you get a paycheck, direct deposit & transfer the balance cover the HELOC debt.

Just this complete idiots 2 cents .

according to the link I mention in the post above that mortgagee lender, with offices in Massachusetts and Rhode Island combines all your accounts: This what they say

The Ultimate Account is your mortgage, checking, savings and equity line of credit combined into one flexible and powerful account. By bringing together your accounts, the Ultimate Account can help you make your money work harder and reduce the amount of interest you pay on your mortgage.

Reduce the interest you pay on your mortgage
    Just by paying your income and savings into the same account as your mortgage you're reducing your mortgage balance, so you only pay interest on the lower amount. And the lower your balance, the lower your interest expense, so you start saving immediately. This will help you to pay off your mortgage years earlier.

If anyone is interested in the integrity of UFF ---Read their Policy and Procedures...there are alot of "gothcha's" in there. The termination clause is all throughtout their contract. They even have a clause that says if an agent doesn't produce sales within a specific time frame then the agent will be terminated. It is very clear that the company is out to protect their backs instead of their agents.
    It's not a matter of How great the product is, it all boils down to the integrity of the managment.....hence
    You can quickly learn the intergrity of any MLM by reading their P&P's. Look for termination clauses and "ongoing" sales obligations, limited marketing etc... (Just a small hint) :)
    Last edited by Networkmarketing1; 04-09-2007 at 06:48 AM.

It doesn't hurt to shop around. Before you pay a network marketer,third party or middle man almost $4000 to set this up for you check out this article by bankrate.com. It mentions 2 more companies which offer this same program , CMG Financial Services offers a Home Ownership Accelerator deal and Macquarie Mortgages USA, where it is called the Macquarie Asset Manager. Both programs have annual fees of $30 to $60.It doesn't hurt to shop around.

http://www.bankrate.com/yho/news/mor...ortgage_a1.asp

'Mortgage accelerator' loans come to U.S.
    By Don Taylor • Bankrate.com

A different type of mortgage, called a "mortgage accelerator" loan, has migrated to the United States. It uses home equity borrowing and the borrower's paycheck to shorten the time until a mortgage is paid off, saving tens of thousands in interest expense.

Not to be confused with a biweekly mortgage loan that shortens a mortgage by paying an extra mortgage payment once a year, the mortgage accelerator loan program is based on an approach common in Australia and the United Kingdom, where borrowers deposit their paychecks into an account that, every month, applies every unspent dime against the mortgage loan balance.

In Australia, more than one-third of homeowners use a mortgage accelerator program. In the U.K., it's about 25 percent. In the U.S., the two firms currently offering these mortgages are Macquarie Mortgages USA, where it is called the Macquarie Asset Manager, and CMG Financial Services, whose offering is called the Home Ownership Accelerator.

The premise is that borrowers finance a new property or refinance existing property using a home equity line of credit, or HELOC. Borrowers then begin directly depositing their entire paychecks into the HELOC. Monthly expenses, other than mortgage payments, are funded by draws against the line of credit, whether that is by using bill pay, check writing, ATM withdrawals or a credit card tied to the line of credit. Even if you don't wind up making additional principal payments in a month, you still capture some interest savings because your average balance is less than it would have been with a conventional loan.

Example
    As a simple example, let's say your mortgage payment on a conventional fixed-rate mortgage is $2,000 and your monthly net income is $5,000. With the mortgage accelerator, even if you spend the $3,000 difference, your average mortgage balance for the month is $1,500 less than it was with the conventional mortgage. That's because the entire $5,000 is deposited in the loan account and you made draws of $3,000 for living expenses spread over the month. At a 7¾ percent loan rate, that saves you about $10.00 in interest expense that month.

Now $10 here and $10 there does add up over time, although both loan programs have annual fees of $30 to $60, but the accelerator part of the mortgage lies in having all your net pay going against the mortgage and an assumption that you have positive monthly cash flow -- meaning you don't spend as much as you make. The simulation calculator on the CMG Web site has stock assumptions that you have 10 percent, 20 percent or even 25 percent of your net pay leftover each month that you can apply to your mortgage balance. The Macquarie site has its own simulation calculator.

Not for the financially indisciplined
    Of course, all borrowers already have that money available with a conventional mortgage, too -- and without the cost of refinancing. A borrower would simply need the financial discipline to use all that money as an additional principal payment.

Next: "... the real hook to this program ..."
    Page | 1 | 2 | 3 |

RESOURCES
    Home equity loan rates, news
    Home equity newsletter
    Understanding home equity debt

TOP HOME EQUITY STORIES
    Match a project to your home, budget and skill
    Interest Rate Roundup
    What's hot: High tech with a soft touch