+ Reply to Thread

MLM's "Greener Pastures"

MLM's "Greener Pastures"

Once upon a time, in prosperous America, there was a ranch full of sheep. The sheep were content in their pasture of life. Until one day, an aberrant and cunning little "black sheep" came upon the fold and pointed out the luscious "Greener" pasture that lie in wait on the opposite side of their fence.

Some of the more skeptical sheep went to the fence for a closer look and determined the grass on the other side wasn't "luscious" in the least bit. Looking off into the distance, they even spotted some patches of thistles, wilted and dried segments that were less than desirable. So, they returned to their pasture and continued about their business. "We've been eating from this pasture for 20 years. It's perfectly fine."

However, a small minority of sheep, around 500 continued to listen to the sales pitch from the little "black sheep".

"Yessir, the grass on the other side is "Greener", more nutritious than this wilted weed infested pasture. The grass seed comes directly from the Swiss Alps, and only MY ranch has the rights to the seed. Are your lanolin pores not working properly? Feeling sluggish wandering around the pasture? Well, worry no more about your status on the ranch. The first 50 sheep that jump over the fence get a free acre all to themselves. For each sheep you refer into the fold, you'll get an additional 1/4 acre and a bonus supply of Organic grain, straight from our Grain ranch in Taiwan."

The minority of sheep began bleating in excitement. But the "black sheep" wasn't finished with his sales pitch.

"Ladies and gentlesheeple, the reason why you need my grass, is due to the fact your soil in this pasture is depleted of minerals. Eventually, poor health will be your demise. You'll begin to lose your wool in large clumps. Your hooves will begin to ache, and you'll become constipated. If you care about your health, jump over the fence with me, before it's too late!"

At that, all the little sheep, within the minority of the pasture, jumped over the fence. The first 50 sheep got their acre, as promised. However, the other sheep were relegated to share the remaining land because the first 50 acquired the biggest sections available. The more sheep recruited, meant a smaller segment of land available for the new sheep. They began to bleat in dismay at the over crowding within their new pasture. Among those bleating the loudest, were the ones who got a section of thistle weed, or the wilted grass that hadn't seen water in a month. Some disgruntled sheep made their way back to the main pasture, upset that they had been "scammed". Others, inquired from the "black sheep" what could be done about their demise.

The "black sheep" pondered while stroking his goatee.
    "You sheep aren't working hard enough. You need to get out there and recruit if you want better land to graze on."

The moral of the story?

Remember the saying “The grass isn’t greener on the other side”? Well, isn’t that what the MLM industry is portraying? In their mindset, their grass IS greener, and it’s better too. Not only is it greener, it’s more nutritious because THEIR grass isn’t grown in soil that’s been depleted. Their grass grows in Timbuktu, or any other place they can contrive in their deceptive little minds. In the meantime, the sheeple continue to lap up the propaganda, and jump over the fence into the pasture of the "greener grass". Will they ever shake themselves out of their semi-comatose stupor ? Probably not.

To the Sheeple: We really don’t mind if you sheeple want to jump every fence on the ranch in your quest for "greener pastures". Just don’t oppress those who are content with the pasture they’re in. Oh, and BTW, if your wool falls off, don’t come crying to us about it. Thanks.
    Baaaaaaa…..

Editor's note: My apologies for the shortened version. I had a better vision of this story in mind, but time restrictions limited the amount of content I could put forth into this little short story. Enjoy.

AC
    franKg - "Since God was ok with Moses, Joshua and David burning cities to the ground and killing all the civilians I think he would be ok with us splashing a little water on some terrorists."

Dr poormouth - "Exackly;
    It's not "waterboarding", it's "extraordinary baptism""

Quote Originally Posted by carlbenator
    As discussed in a previous thread, this IRRATIONAL HATRED for the Jews and their RIGHT to SURVIVE is one of the many PROOFS of a God, AND a Devil.

Re: MLM's "Greener Pastures"

Great story, Americanadian.
    I would have loved to read the long version.

Its like the dog that chases two rabbits it ends up catching non. The best thing is to stay focused on what you have. Not all MLM's are bad and some are quite fun if you can find the right one. I hate the ones that thrive on hype.

Last edited by Administrator; 04-15-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Indeed a great story!

Worth reviving for some of the newer readers to ponder and enjoy.

Maybe some of the Sheeple around here might might even grasp the moral of the story.

rofl at Doc running out of anti MLM stuff...he's reviving 5 year old threads now :yelcutelaughA:
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Quote Originally Posted by Americanadian View Post
    MLM's "Greener Pastures"

Once upon a time, in prosperous America, there was a ranch full of sheep. The sheep were content in their pasture of life. Until one day, an aberrant and cunning little "black sheep" came upon the fold and pointed out the luscious "Greener" pasture that lie in wait on the opposite side of their fence.

Some of the more skeptical sheep went to the fence for a closer look and determined the grass on the other side wasn't "luscious" in the least bit. Looking off into the distance, they even spotted some patches of thistles, wilted and dried segments that were less than desirable. So, they returned to their pasture and continued about their business. "We've been eating from this pasture for 20 years. It's perfectly fine."

However, a small minority of sheep, around 500 continued to listen to the sales pitch from the little "black sheep".

"Yessir, the grass on the other side is "Greener", more nutritious than this wilted weed infested pasture. The grass seed comes directly from the Swiss Alps, and only MY ranch has the rights to the seed. Are your lanolin pores not working properly? Feeling sluggish wandering around the pasture? Well, worry no more about your status on the ranch. The first 50 sheep that jump over the fence get a free acre all to themselves. For each sheep you refer into the fold, you'll get an additional 1/4 acre and a bonus supply of Organic grain, straight from our Grain ranch in Taiwan."

The minority of sheep began bleating in excitement. But the "black sheep" wasn't finished with his sales pitch.

"Ladies and gentlesheeple, the reason why you need my grass, is due to the fact your soil in this pasture is depleted of minerals. Eventually, poor health will be your demise. You'll begin to lose your wool in large clumps. Your hooves will begin to ache, and you'll become constipated. If you care about your health, jump over the fence with me, before it's too late!"

At that, all the little sheep, within the minority of the pasture, jumped over the fence. The first 50 sheep got their acre, as promised. However, the other sheep were relegated to share the remaining land because the first 50 acquired the biggest sections available. The more sheep recruited, meant a smaller segment of land available for the new sheep. They began to bleat in dismay at the over crowding within their new pasture. Among those bleating the loudest, were the ones who got a section of thistle weed, or the wilted grass that hadn't seen water in a month. Some disgruntled sheep made their way back to the main pasture, upset that they had been "scammed". Others, inquired from the "black sheep" what could be done about their demise.

The "black sheep" pondered while stroking his goatee.
    "You sheep aren't working hard enough. You need to get out there and recruit if you want better land to graze on."

The moral of the story?

Remember the saying “The grass isn’t greener on the other side”? Well, isn’t that what the MLM industry is portraying? In their mindset, their grass IS greener, and it’s better too. Not only is it greener, it’s more nutritious because THEIR grass isn’t grown in soil that’s been depleted. Their grass grows in Timbuktu, or any other place they can contrive in their deceptive little minds. In the meantime, the sheeple continue to lap up the propaganda, and jump over the fence into the pasture of the "greener grass". Will they ever shake themselves out of their semi-comatose stupor ? Probably not.

To the Sheeple: We really don’t mind if you sheeple want to jump every fence on the ranch in your quest for "greener pastures". Just don’t oppress those who are content with the pasture they’re in. Oh, and BTW, if your wool falls off, don’t come crying to us about it. Thanks.
    Baaaaaaa…..

Editor's note: My apologies for the shortened version. I had a better vision of this story in mind, but time restrictions limited the amount of content I could put forth into this little short story. Enjoy.

AC
    You've just convinced me that I have been missing out on so much for not doing heroin all these years...

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    rofl at Doc running out of anti MLM stuff...he's reviving 5 year old threads now :yelcutelaughA:
    You can't refute the point the OP is making, so you attack his post by saying it's not valid because it`s 5 yrs old?

Or is it just that you're so thick you don't understand what he's saying?

BTW, is it true, Doyle, your friends over at mlm.com banned your ass there also?

Please let us know if this so and we'll start a petition to see if we can get you reinstated.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bunkum View Post
    You can't refute the point the OP is making, so you attack his post by saying it's not valid because it`s 5 yrs old?

Or is it just that you're so thick you don't understand what he's saying?

BTW, is it true, Doyle, your friends over at mlm.com banned your ass there also?

Please let us know if this so and we'll start a petition to see if we can get you reinstated.

Thanks.
    Why would I need to refute anything....its a made up story BFD.

Nope, you were wrong again....as I posted on another thread today. Wrong about me being banned and wrong about me not posting since last year. Clown. :yelcutelaughA:
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

James R is offline I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it!

Nope, you were wrong again....as I posted on another thread today. Wrong about me being banned and wrong about me not posting since last year. Clown. :yelcutelaughA:
    The MLM royalty that posts at that site might have a different perspective.

Did you see the "SCAM.COM" thread over there before it was deleted?

Clown....
    Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
    Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.

Here's a good one....
    "That's why I changed my 'story'".
    Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

So you went and changed your username and didn't tell me.

I had to discover that myself.

Look, next time you do something like that, you let me know.

Understand? :zx11pissed:

Quote Originally Posted by shameem007 View Post

A while back you posted this...

Quote Originally Posted by shameem007 View Post
    It's so interesting to see what type of tattoos people have these days....I feel like almost everyone has tattoos now. I only have two, not going to say what they are, but that I only will get really small or really large tattoos.
    Those two tattoos you have, do they read "I'm stuck on stupid!"?