+ Reply to Thread

Talking With A Creator...

This question applies to all those who think that all life on earth was created, either by a 'god', or something else of incredible ability.

And I am kinda playing Devils Advocate here... :)

If your creator chooses to communicate with all of mankind, then how do you propose he would do this..?

Sending another 'prophet' would fail, as it did before.

It would need to be something quite more remarkable than one man wandering a part of the planet, imparting wisdom to people. Too slow. Not global enough. Already men and women doing that.

Perhaps the most logical way would be via technology.

Could a God or a creator perhaps communicate a message to tens of millions, of all religions and cultures, were he to relate to us through a global message on the net, radio, and television, so that every single person on the planet would see it, when they turned on these items.

No matter what site they went to, or station they turned to, the same message would still be there.

What impact would this have on society?

Would atheists rethink their position?

What would theists think of this method?
    "Ethics" is simply a last-gasp attempt by deist conservatives and
    orthodox dogmatics to keep humanity in ignorance and obscurantism,
    through the well tried fermentation of fear, the fear of science and
    new technologies.
    There is nothing glorious about what our ancestors call history,
    it is simply a succession of mistakes, intolerances and violations.

Re: Talking With A Creator...

Here is another thought I had, it relates to this.

An intelligent creator would want us to not only realise our origins, but not be confused about them. At the moment, everyone is confused about them, hence we see the in fighting, between people of faiths, sometimes the same faith!

To the creator, that misunderstanding is no good.

Therefore, I have a theory, playing DA, that a creator might have left ancient clues, traces of the truth, all over the place.

Why be cryptic..?

For the purpose might be that when man has reached a stage of true emotional enlightenment, they will be privy to the clues, and therefore, all the secrets of our creation.

In art, in religous paintings, there are what you could call 'clues' as to an intelligent influence, of some sort.

In religion, blood seems very important, one way or the other.

Religion has taken this to mean in a ritualistic way, yet if blood is a clue, I would suggest, as a theory, that if the blood contains a clue, then the clue is the genetic code...
    new technologies.

Well, if we are talking a God here, then none of this is necessary.

Religous people always seem to place limits on their god, they never seem to fully comprehend an omnipotent god. Why flood the Earth for a year to start over, why not just blink your eye and have it the way you want? Why rest on the seventh day?

Back to what you asked, an omnipotent God could just make everyone aware, he could speak directly into your mind, no need for technology. He could also make every understand their origin, ease any confusion, whatever, he is a god after all.

Quote Originally Posted by kazza

Religous people always seem to place limits on their god, they never seem to fully comprehend an omnipotent god. Why flood the Earth for a year to start over, why not just blink your eye and have it the way you want? Why rest on the seventh day?

Back to what you asked, an omnipotent God could just make everyone aware, he could speak directly into your mind, no need for technology. He could also make every understand their origin, ease any confusion, whatever, he is a god after all.

Well, he could.

At least you are supposing so.

But he realises, or they do, that if modern man starts to hear voices in their head, pertaining to god, then the odds are they will go see a doctor!

Fact!

Therefore, the creators would need to find a way to make us sit up and take notice, in a manner that we are used to.

That is why I wonder, if a creator, or a god, if you trust in that, would reveal himself, or themselves, through the medium of the PC or television?

How many millions watch TV everyday?

The creator could show great power, and send a universal message through taking control, for a short time, of the networks.

Obsviously, as an ahteist, I am playing DA here.
    new technologies.

Quote Originally Posted by enlightenment
    Well, he could.

At least you are supposing so.

But he realises, or they do, that if modern man starts to hear voices in their head, pertaining to god, then the odds are they will go see a doctor!

Fact!

Therefore, the creators would need to find a way to make us sit up and take notice, in a manner that we are used to.

That is why I wonder, if a creator, or a god, if you trust in that, would reveal himself, or themselves, through the medium of the PC or television?

How many millions watch TV everyday?

The creator could show great power, and send a universal message through taking control, for a short time, of the networks.

Obsviously, as an ahteist, I am playing DA here.
    Ahh yes, but I know where you are going to go with it :) And its one of the solutions I like to the Fermi paradox.

If it were a god, then they could quite easily make it so that people didn't go to see a doctor. They are not limited simply to parlour tricks like voices in the head (I remember advertising companies looking at something like this using ultrasound). They not only put the voice in the head, but also let you understand that it is really god.

If it were an intelligence other than god, I think they would use something far more subtle. Humans wouldn't react well to another intelligence, so you would probably be looking at slowly making us aware over dozens of generations, if not hundreds. After all, a few thousand years is nothing compared to how long it took for us to evolve.

In fact, thats the only explanation for UFO sightings I would consider (although I'm yet to hear a conspiracy theorist consider it, only sci-fi authors so far). Perhaps they are trying to get us comfortable with the idea that there are aliens out there, so that when they do reveal themselves it wont be such a shock.

I mean, imagine the implications if there were irrefutable evidence of extra-terrestrial intelligence superior to our own. All religions would crumble... society would be screwed. No doubt there would be wars and riots....

Ahh yes, but I know where you are going to go with it :) And its one of the solutions I like to the Fermi paradox.

If it were a god, then they could quite easily make it so that people didn't go to see a doctor. They are not limited simply to parlour tricks like voices in the head (I remember advertising companies looking at something like this using ultrasound). They not only put the voice in the head, but also let you understand that it is really god.

If it were an intelligence other than god, I think they would use something far more subtle. Humans wouldn't react well to another intelligence, so you would probably be looking at slowly making us aware over dozens of generations, if not hundreds. After all, a few thousand years is nothing compared to how long it took for us to evolve.

In fact, thats the only explanation for UFO sightings I would consider (although I'm yet to hear a conspiracy theorist consider it, only sci-fi authors so far). Perhaps they are trying to get us comfortable with the idea that there are aliens out there, so that when they do reveal themselves it wont be such a shock.

I mean, imagine the implications if there were irrefutable evidence of extra-terrestrial intelligence superior to our own. All religions would crumble... society would be screwed. No doubt there would be wars and riots....
    Certainly, even a visit from a well intended and peaceful species would send shockwaves through the whole of human society, on a psychological level.

Theists would either hail them as angels from heaven, and proof that Jesus was on his way, other Christians would declare that these visitors were dangrous demons! :rolleyes:

We see that our politicians are unable to live alongside a species of their own type withot warring, therefore, any large scale visitation to earth, would be very risky, since the human race is a very aggressive one.

Perhaps this expains why, when they have apparently visited, they do so in the same 'shy' manner that God appeared to teh Jews, when he spoke from behiind a bush?
    new technologies.

KLAATU BARADA NIKTO!?(google it).....hehe.....just askin....

It all boils down to this:
    Is it just as easy/hard to believe there is a God who always existed as it is to believe that the universe always existed? The statement is not trivial. If the universe always existed, then there is no need for a God to create it. The words 'always existed', 'forever' and 'infinity' are difficult enough for humans to conceptualize without throwing a God into the mix. Why did they do that? :confused:
    Last edited by phlipper; 02-28-2007 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phlipper
    It all boils down to this:
    Is it just as easy/hard to believe there is a God who always existed as it is to believe that the universe always existed? The statement is not trivial. If the universe always existed, then there is no need for a God to create it. The words 'always existed', 'forever' and 'infinity' are difficult enough for humans to conceptualize without throwing a God into the mix. Why did they do that? :confused:
    who is THEY!?hehe!!and how about this!?infinity IS an IMMACULATE conception!?god and they know what it is to be immaculate!?maybe they have a different conception of the WORD!?well sorta!?almost!?close enough!?.......hehe!!.....just askin...

SO!?you want someone ELSE to go first!?then try and convince YOU!?dont see it as the PEARL/APPLE of your eye yet!?why do you THINK that is!?dont be shy...REGURGITATE like the WORKER you really are!?(i miss him!?don't we all!?)hehe!!.....just askin...

Lexx.

May I ask you an honest question?

Not at all meant as nasty.

Why do you always go with this tee hee, just asking, stuff, in your posts?

Do you think it is amusing?

Is English not your first language?

Is there some other reason?

Dude, I cannot agree with any of what you say, or disagree, as most times, I do not even comprehend it.

That is all I am saying pal, hope you don't take that the wrong way.
    new technologies.

Lexx.

May I ask you an honest question?

Not at all meant as nasty.

Why do you always go with this tee hee, just asking, stuff, in your posts?

Do you think it is amusing?

Is English not your first language?

Is there some other reason?

Dude, I cannot agree with any of what you say, or disagree, as most times, I do not even comprehend it.

That is all I am saying pal, hope you don't take that the wrong way.
    YES!?and furthermore...YES!?and again..NO!?and definately NO!?am i clear about this!?you can see i am CLEAR about this!?I can see HOW CLEAR about this I am!?and i HOPE you can TOO!?for there is a WRONG way and a right way as you have STATED!?and that,definately precludes.....any OTHER way!?and when i say PREcludes......what i mean is TAKES control without DISSENTION!?no dissention allowed!?AGREED!?(IGNORE!?)but as to the teehee as YOU put it!?what does it mean!?to me and/or to you!?I DONT KNOW!?i am COMPELLED to do it by some strange FORCE!?so if i were to estimate it's reasoning,i would have to say it is either an inferiority response or an inferiority response disguised as a superiority repsonse!?neither 1 sounds GOOD!?what your opinion!?or another take could be!?you have a REAL life and I have not!?so if you could step down from your THRONE and give me what you so HAPPILY enjoy I would be eternally grateful as you MUST be!?
    but then again,like they say,it's all relative to your UPBRINGING!?what you TAKE for granted,others would DIE?KILL for!?and IF this is NOT what you expected!?what would you LIKE to HEAR!?hehe!!......just askin....

Okay.

Well, that's that one cleared up then.

Steve
    new technologies.

Okay.

Well, that's that one cleared up then.

Steve
    glad to help the inquiring minds!?to satisfy the inquisitive!?take it or leave it alone i always RANT!?and what is important....is the ONE!?the one you are closest to HELPING!?charity starts AT HOME!?HONEY!?did you take out the trash yet!?hehe!!.....just askin....
    Last edited by lexx; 03-03-2007 at 09:55 AM.

15. 03-04-2007, 11:02 PM

Reason
    not proper format for responses