+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Verdigris Marketing Group Scam!

Thank you to everyone posting about this. I was called today to set up an interview for tomorrow, but there were some things said that put up caution flags. I decided to research the company, Genuine Business Solutions, and Verdigris Marketing popped up. I read all the posts and didn't find matching company names, but I did find that both companies have the exact same building number, street name and suite number...so again thank you for saving me the time and trouble.

Wow. I just got a call from a company called "Three Seven Marketing group" who was very vague on the position they were offering. After reading your comments it sounds like the same company! All they talk about is ATT and a office supply company that they work for. When I go to their website to check them out all they say is that they work with sooooo many Fortune 500 companies but their website is so amateur that theres no way they have Fortune 500 clients. When I called to schedule an interview I asked about what the position "account executive" is she rattled off some big fancy words and changed the subject to money which is when she stated I could make $30-$40K a year but the person I interview with can explain more..... wow... Its gotta be the same company. Thanks for the indepth details! I couldnt find anything about Three Seven Marketing group online, nothing on the Better Business Bureau...no reviews.... its very strange!

Quote Originally Posted by nataliam00 View Post
    Wow. I just got a call from a company called "Three Seven Marketing group" who was very vague on the position they were offering. After reading your comments it sounds like the same company! All they talk about is ATT and a office supply company that they work for. When I go to their website to check them out all they say is that they work with sooooo many Fortune 500 companies but their website is so amateur that theres no way they have Fortune 500 clients. When I called to schedule an interview I asked about what the position "account executive" is she rattled off some big fancy words and changed the subject to money which is when she stated I could make $30-$40K a year but the person I interview with can explain more..... wow... Its gotta be the same company. Thanks for the indepth details! I couldnt find anything about Three Seven Marketing group online, nothing on the Better Business Bureau...no reviews.... its very strange!
    Natailia,

I just went on to 3 sevens website, they are the exact same kind of scam. There are literally thousands of these fake marketing companies.

They all have the exact same setup where you start as an account executive. After you prove you can 'sell' you go into the hiring phase to "build your team". Once you hire 5-7 people who have proven they 'can sell' you are moved up to assistant manager.

Once the 5-7 people on your team get 5-7 people (each) under them, you are to start your own "company". Catch is you have to move to another state or another territory that doesn't compete. Also you owe your old "boss" 2% of your new business.

[IMG]

I remember the guy who took me out was on his hiring phase. He had been there 2 years and was still yet to find 5-7 people to stay on board. Even he told me that more than 95% quit in the first month because "they don't have what it takes".

He told me his dreams of retiring his family early, getting a ferrari etc. etc. He totally bought into the concept that he was going to make millions this way. I genuinely felt bad for the guy.

Stay far far away from these multi level marketing scams.
    Last edited by redshirt theory; 04-22-2010 at 07:08 AM.

Well, here I am almost two years later, in the unemployment line again. Since July 2008, I have worked a good legitimate job. Unfortunately I was laid off on March 3rd.

But I actually have a little story to tell about some companies that tried to get my attention before I started working. First, there was this company called Symmetry that tried to get me to sell these "miracle" weight-loss products, telling me I would get rich off the profits. Needless to say, I ditched them after one day. They had the nerve to call me once I started my job to see if I would have a go at it. I flat out told them NO. Then, months later once I got settled in to my job, a couple I know tried to get me involved with a group called Market America. They set up their own web portals and whenever someone buys a product online, they supposedly "make money" off the selling of the products IF people buy from their web portal. I'm not so sure if these friends of mine are still involved with this company. They have a baby boy who was just born last September, so they need good jobs to support their child. They do have good full-time jobs, so I'm sure they put down the marketing thing and settled into REAL careers.

What I really hate about these pyramid schemes is when they tell you "Do you want to be self-employed, making millions every year, or working until the old age of 80 making another person rich?" I'm sorry but the majority of people want a guaranteed income, and it takes getting a full-time job to get that. That's the only for-sure way to make money. I feel like whether I'm dealing with a low-down marketing firm or not, I'm still making the head man rich! So, what's the difference?

Hi I am new to this board and have been investigating a company here in Kansas City called "Imperial Marketing Group" Website is http://imperialmarketinggroupinc.com/

I am afraid if it is a scam. I have gone to two interviews and been hired on. Can anyone tell me if this looks to be a fake company?

Unfortunately, yes it sounds like the same type of scam only different location and name. Like the other people said, there are thousands of pyramid marketing schemes all over the country that basically prey on college graduates and those looking for legitimate employment. When you see key words like "Direct Marketing" and "Work Ethic" and their website is extremely vague this means that they're trying not to tell you that you will be a door-to-door solicitor. Direct marketing means you are going to a business and giving them a sales pitch on the spot! So if you are looking for a job where you can get yelled at by people, waste your gas money, not get paid, and walk around in the severe temps here in Missouri then maybe you'd like it... but most people don't and once they figure it out they quit.

If something sounds too good to be true, and if you don't remember having ever applied to their position directly, then it's a scam!!! Good luck in your REAL job search though!

Hey all, just thought I'd add the annoying experiences I've had with these pyramid schemed marketing companies.

A year ago I fell for the Vector Marketing/ Cutco scam. But Googled them after my second interview and got the hell out of there.

Just today I went to my first interview at "Advantage Marketing" in Encino, CA. I'm glad I found this thread so I didn't waste an entire day tomorrow at my "2nd interview".

God, this HAS to be illegal! These people literally lie to your face.