+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 26

Thread: TigerDirect.com

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,273

    TigerDirect.com

    anyone here have any issues in the past with TigerDirect.com's rebate system???

    as with many other rebates, they tell you that it will take 4-8 weeks to process your rebate, but you only have 30 days after your date of purchase to submit the rebate. Well i submitted my rebate only a few days after my purchase, and 8 weeks later still had not heard or received anything. After contacting someone on the phone (finally after many many tries to actually get someone on the phone) they tell me that the incorrect Invoice number was provided by me, EVEN THOUGH I SUBMITTED AN ORIGINAL RECIEPT WITH MY REBATE WITH THE INVOICE NUMBER CLEARLY PRINTED ON IT. I kept a copy of the reciept, and when they read me the invoice number they had on the rebate, well it didnt match with the actual one (how weirdly convenient....for them).

    Now that is been 30 days however, they wont grant me a rebate now that they have the actual invoice number, which they should have had from the beginning anyways. this seems like an awful lot of BS to me, and im pretty upset about it.

    I purchased a $50 MP3 player only becuase they were offering a whopping $40 rebate ....now i know why.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    21

    Re: TigerDirect.com

    I try to avoid tigerdirect for that exact reason. I only will purchase them if I can't find a better deal and the product can't be on a sale or rebate because if I submit something, they are convinentlly recieving heavy call volume. Couln't imagine why....
    Recieved:
    Gateway Laptop Mx3231 Onlinerewardcenter Dec.4 06
    $50 Visa GC theuseful 2/24/07
    $50 Visa GC freegasonus.com
    $500 Visa GC yoursmartrewards.com 3/28/10

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stow, OH SOL III
    Posts
    3,234

    Re: TigerDirect.com

    You may find these threads of interest;
    Tigerdirect Scams Ratings
    Post 52
    On November 4, 1999, case C3903, the Federal Trade Commission issued a Decision & Order against Tiger Direct for violations of the Pre-sale Availability Rule, the Disclosure Rule and the Warranty Act. Without admitting any wrong doing, Tiger Direct agrees to 1) not represent that it provides On-Site Service unless all limitations and conditions that apply are disclosed; 2) fulfill obligations under the warranty within a reasonable period of time after receiving notice from the consumer; and 3) shall cease and desist from failing to make warranty text available for examination prior to sale, failing to disclose what is not covered under any given warranty or the procedures needed to have warranty work accomplished and failing to disclose that certain states may give the consumer legal rights in addition to those provided by the warranty. For further information regarding this order, you may contact the FTC at 877-382-4357. This order expires year 2019.

    Some of the complaints have issues with the advertised rebate, both the catalog and web site have numerous offers for items with a mail-in rebate. Upon receiving the products the rebate application is not included in the package. Customers are told the rebate application is on the website and customers are required to comply with the program and submit paperwork that they never received. Many are denied because the product they have purchased does not have the advertised rebate, the rebate has expired, and some rebates are only good if the item is purchased with a computer. Many customers feel they have been victims of bait and switch, and are unable to return the products because the package has been open. Customers who have contacted customer service with concerns have problem with getting return calls, emails, and experience unresponsiveness and unconcerned customer service staff. However, the company has responded to most complaints presented by the Bureau.
    Quote Originally Posted by nomaxim
    From BBB.org; OnRebate is a subsidiary of Systemax.
    Tigerdirect is also a subsidiary of Systemax, it says so on the bottom of their homepage: http://www.tigerdirect.com
    Sorry, but Systemax, Tigerdirect, and Onrebate are all one big happy company.
    Also;

    onrebate.com scam
    Post 21
    Quote Originally Posted by mwilson101
    I am an attorney with the law firm of Meyer & Associates Co., LPA. Our firm is investigating a potential class action case against Tiger Direct and/or OnRebate regarding alleged deceptive or unfair practices with respect to rebate processing and fulfillment. If you are or have experienced this problem, and are willing to assist with our investigation, please contact me toll-free at 1-866-827-6537 or through our firm’s website at www.dmlaws.com and fill out a form so that our firm can investigate your situation.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

  4. #4
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong. User Rank
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: TigerDirect.com

    I use Tiger direct often and have had very few problems with them. They are one of my favorite stores.

    They do use, however, this tactic of providing mail in rebates. I was burned several times by Future Shop on mail in rebates. I have collected rebates from 3 purchases from Tiger Direct.

    In general I don't think I put the blame on Tiger Direct or Future shop but on the manufacturer that is pushing these mail in rebates. I understand that it is the manufacturer offering paybacks - not the distributor.

    I do, however feel that TD and FS are blatantly using false advertising when they say that a widget is on sale for $60 when in fact they want $100 and there is a $40 mail in rebate. I hate that. I refuse to buy anything from anyone that has a mail in rebate because I know that I will most likely get screwed on it.

    If they want to offer it at a lower price, why not just offer it at a lower price? Why screw with you and hold a few 10's of dollars hostage for an unspecified amount of time with no terms for release? Thats just poor customer service in my mind.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    89

    Re: TigerDirect.com

    Tiger direct is complete fraud bought some memory from them and had a credit card charged upwards of 10,000.00 filled a police report and reported them to visa for credit card fraud all transactions were reversed. i will never buy anything from them again

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,273

    Re: TigerDirect.com

    I have now been told on 4 different occasions to wait 5 business days and either call back or check the rebate website to see if my claims have been processed..

    my rebates have now been "in process" for 4 months now...wowee.

    my girlfriends father just told me never to buy a rebate item from TD as he has been waiting for rebates he mailed in last August!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,273

    Re: TigerDirect.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag
    I use Tiger direct often and have had very few problems with them. They are one of my favorite stores.

    They do use, however, this tactic of providing mail in rebates. I was burned several times by Future Shop on mail in rebates. I have collected rebates from 3 purchases from Tiger Direct.

    In general I don't think I put the blame on Tiger Direct or Future shop but on the manufacturer that is pushing these mail in rebates. I understand that it is the manufacturer offering paybacks - not the distributor.

    I do, however feel that TD and FS are blatantly using false advertising when they say that a widget is on sale for $60 when in fact they want $100 and there is a $40 mail in rebate. I hate that. I refuse to buy anything from anyone that has a mail in rebate because I know that I will most likely get screwed on it.

    If they want to offer it at a lower price, why not just offer it at a lower price? Why screw with you and hold a few 10's of dollars hostage for an unspecified amount of time with no terms for release? Thats just poor customer service in my mind.
    you are wrong on almost every point here. Tigerdirect is responsible for these rebates, they are not sent to the manufacturer.

    I just got a new message from someone who works at TG who actually saw my post here and PM me about the matter. He told me to send him my details and, SURPRISE SURPISE, my "paperwork has been lost". their answer?

    give me a 20$ credit towards my next pruchase. WHAT A #r%&EN JOKE, I WOULD NEVER, EVER, PURCHASE ANYTHING from tigerdirect again after all this.

    STAY AWAY FROM TIGERDIRECT...DISHONEST AND HOEPFULLY SOON TO BE BANKRUPT COMPANY.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,273

    Re: TigerDirect.com

    Quote Originally Posted by stonestn
    Tiger direct is complete fraud bought some memory from them and had a credit card charged upwards of 10,000.00 filled a police report and reported them to visa for credit card fraud all transactions were reversed. i will never buy anything from them again
    AND EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM EITHER.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,273

    Re: TigerDirect.com

    just called my congressman and am now lodging complaint with consumer affairs--

    was told that a number of people are filing complaints about TigerDirects rebate policy. hopefully something will happen with this.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,273

    Re: TigerDirect.com

    Attorney General Tom Corbin's office just got back to me yesterday regarding this matter, it seems they have had a number of complaints about TigerDirects rebate policy and requier further information in order to pursue them.

    hopefully this bastard of a company will pay, and pay dearly for their deceptive operations.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,273

    Re: TigerDirect.com

    Lord Jag i didnt mean to sound rude to you i apologize, but i only meant to say that that is part of the deception. TD makes you think the rebates are not through them, but they are. They just switched the name to Rebate.com.

    It has been confirmed, they are the same company and that is probably why they are able to scam people so well...no one else to answer to except themselves.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,273

    Re: TigerDirect.com

    still no word from this scumbag of a company...

  13. #13
    sojustask's Avatar
    sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,866

    Re: TigerDirect.com

    I've gotten hard drives and monitors and other electronics from them and never had any problems or issues with getting the rebates.

    Lady Mod

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stow, OH SOL III
    Posts
    3,234

    Re: TigerDirect.com

    Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    I've gotten hard drives and monitors and other electronics from them and never had any problems or issues with getting the rebates.

    Lady Mod
    I personally have never used them. I also know a couple of people that have used them with no problems what-so-ever. But, the number and type of complaints with the BBB (NOTE: that they have 5 separate BBB listings) and the FTC ruling means that I will not recommend them to anyone. The fact that the parent company, Systemax, owns TigerDirect and OnRebate leads me to believe that OnRebate was created for the soul purpose of getting around the FTC ruling. IMO that is a shady operation.
    :) Just IMO. ;)
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,273

    Re: TigerDirect.com

    Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    I've gotten hard drives and monitors and other electronics from them and never had any problems or issues with getting the rebates.

    Lady Mod
    how long did it take to get your rebates?

    im now on 6 months, my girlfriends father is on 10 months...

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,273

    Re: TigerDirect.com

    Quote Originally Posted by nomaxim
    I personally have never used them. I also know a couple of people that have used them with no problems what-so-ever. But, the number and type of complaints with the BBB (NOTE: that they have 5 separate BBB listings) and the FTC ruling means that I will not recommend them to anyone. The fact that the parent company, Systemax, owns TigerDirect and OnRebate leads me to believe that OnRebate was created for the soul purpose of getting around the FTC ruling. IMO that is a shady operation.
    :) Just IMO. ;)
    good for you. very interesting to know that they have a parent company. I knew they were both under the same umbrella, but they try to make you think the rebate wing is seperate from TigerDirect.

    about the people that you know who used TG, did they get rebates or just items? the items i purchased came in a timely matter and there wasnt an issue there, just the fact that i bought an item for way more than i ever would have considered based on the supposed rebate i was due. now i know never to be fooled by rebates.