+ Reply to Thread

All over the global media for two days...

... but not a peep about this here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22809541

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/06/opinio...html?hpt=hp_c2

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americ...756636173.html

Is this something that is generally accepted now? No opinions? Or is everyone just 'laying low'... waiting for this to blow over?

Yawn... is offline I ain't got time for pedantic Ghandi type internet nerds

Re: All over the global media for two days...

Yeah, it's actually kinda interesting what they are doing from a 'Big Data' perspective. They don't necessarily care what you are saying, rather who you are saying it to.

This is the ultimate 'connect the dots' program.

Best system ever to track those Mooslims in America.

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    Where have you been? This has been headline news.... congressional discussions.... Patriot act BS... The verizon tiiming started with the boston bombing and was used to capture them, and has been ging on since..

It all started with Patriot Act I, and was moved forward dramatically with Patriot Act II...and while this has been approved by FISA, during the Bush years he ignored FISA and wiretapped whoever he wanted for upto two months...without a warrant...this is with a warrant as dictated by our laws and civil rights that we gave away...and revoted the idiots in to take away more and more...

We talked about this slippery slope while the rest were waving flags and lying to us about Iraq and WMDS... This is 10 year old news...we were quoting jefferson and franklin regardng liberrty and safety while the rest were saying "Well if you aren't a criminal you shouldn't have a problem"

What is America finally waking up??? Gonna go shut the barn door aftr the cows got out??

thanks Mr Obvious... I've been here daily and this has not been mentioned...

We already know the history behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawn... View Post
    Yeah, it's actually kinda interesting what they are doing from a 'Big Data' perspective. They don't necessarily care what you are saying, rather who you are saying it to.

This is the ultimate 'connect the dots' program.

Best system ever to track those Mooslims in America.
    Tremendous 'connect the dots' program. We were discussing it last night. As I explained it... my number connects to another number which connects to another number which connects to another number which (and so on) connects to a known terrorist number.

looks like somewhere down the line we're all connected to known terrorists eh?

Of course three colors of Hell were raised when the Bush Administration did this... now, even with all the media coverage, not so much. Interesting...
    Last edited by PaulM; 06-07-2013 at 12:54 PM.

what can we speculate!? prople can get used to/tolerate/put up with ANYTHING till THEIR house is on fire?! besides a ot of people think it's a GOOD idea anyway!? :bah:::crazy1:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Societies have to choose to what degree that they want to be free versus safe. You cannot have both to either satisfaction.

Yawn... is offline I ain't got time for pedantic Ghandi type internet nerds

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    what can we speculate!? prople can get used to/tolerate/put up with ANYTHING till THEIR house is on fire?! besides a ot of people think it's a GOOD idea anyway!? :bah:::crazy1:
    I think it is a good idea in theory, and from a tech perspective.

And yes, it can be subject to abuse.

And yes it raises questions concerning privacy.

And yes it may be contrary to the constitution......

And yes from a dollar cost perspective it is probably a big time waste of money.

And yes, Da GUBERMENT will probably fvck it up somehow and not bag any bad guys - and will probably try to associate some good guys with some bad guys.

Hum..... I've changed my mind, it probably a bad idea in practice.

I wonder if Gazza will marry me in a civil union so I can immigrate to Australia.

Oh shit, there are men in dark glasses, and guberment SUVs in the parking lot. i'm outta here..... Pray for me......

Actually, this goes back to the '70's.

I don't remember the court case, but to paraphrase;

In the '70's a case was presented to the US Supreme Court dealing with the NSA intercepting radio phone (now cellular communications) being intercepted by the NSA. The basis was that this was illegal.

The court ruled that it was legal;

The airwaves (radio frequencies) are leased by the US Government and therefore are public domain.
    Warning
    People with scanners can listen in to your cell phone calls legally. I suggest that you make sure your calls are encrypted.

The intercepts where not targeted at individuals and therefore were not covered under the 'illegal search and seizure' clause of the Constitution. They (whomever 'they' are :yelcutelaughA:) do not need a court order to record and listen to these communications.
    The airwaves are public domain, so anyone can listen in. :rryumy: Think shortwave radio or FM and AM radio, your cell isn't any different.

Note that even if you are making a landline call, the signal may at some point travel over the airwaves.

Read The Puzzle Palace: Inside the National Security Agency, America's Most Secret Intelligence Organization (1983).
    The case is cited somewhere in that book.

Personally, I'm reading this stuff now and thinking;
    They've (again whoever 'they' are :crazy1:) have been doing this for decades.

IMO this is not current news.
    It's old shit that people just don't think about.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin