+ Reply to Thread

Global Tech Financial Svcs tells me I've won $80k

I'm pretty sure this is a scam, but the check sure looks real. It's for the "processing/clearance fees" that will come out of my $80,000 winnings. I'm asked to cash this $2,800 check and remit to Global Tech Financial Services in Vancouver, BC and I will receive the balance of $77,200 after processing my winnings.

There is even a phone number and a person to contact. I'm not about to deposit this check until I check this out, but am curious and wonder if I should call them.

Has anyone gotten a similar letter from Global Telch Financial Services?

Re: Global Tech Financial Svcs tells me I've won $80k

tear it up. The check is fake.
    Don't get scammed. Check out all opportunities or Companies before doing business.

I think it's time to contact the Postmaster General about these "scams via the mail". I will look into it and turn this piece of mail over to the proper authorities. There's NO WAY someone is going to give me $80k!!!

Yep, I got the same check with the letter. First I called the phone number and a foriegn man answered the phone. I said to him I recieved a check and wanted to know what this was all about. Well he asked me for my name and I hung up. I did not want to give him ANY info. I called JP Morgan Chase - who is the bank that this "check" is drawn from. The gave me a number to call to report a fraud. DO NOT DEPOSIT THE CHECK!! This is a huge scam! What they want you to do is deposit the check into your account then take the cash from it and send to them. Then 12-14 days later your bank will be notified that this is a fraudulent check and you will be out $2800.00!! I want to report this w/ the address and phone# they provided!! The bad thing is that there are probably people that have fallen for this.

I received the same letter.
    I have no intention of cashing it, but I'd like to know who to report this to in order catch these guys.
    It reminds me of that Nigerian scam.

I received the same letter. I have not nor will I be depositing this cashiers check. You are right this looks so real, but as everyone has said it is to good to be true. I also am wondering who to report this to so other people won't get stooped. I did call the #778-552-6203 ext .2. I kept getting a message saying the voice mail was full. I did finally get thru and a man who spoke very little English explained what I needed to do to collect my winnings. It sounded like he was reading a script he wouldn't give me his name and I never got to speak with the contact person on the letter which was Lorna Bush. The letter is signed by a Michael Strauss. Today I can't get thru at all so they are on there way to some new location.
    Bunny