+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Stoned Age Man Theory

Quote Originally Posted by Dawud
    Did they have people with bi-polar in those days? I don't know. Some maladys that affect us modern humans are a result of stress/environment/diet.
    I don't know either, Dawud.

Perhaps you are right, perhaps conditions such as this are relatively new, and a reflection on the stresses of modern life. You could well be right there.

Leaving Islam aside for the moment, in the Bible, it was said that Jesus cast out the 'demons' of a person.

I guess the term, back in the day, would have been that the afflicted person was 'possesed'.

Now, of course, as a scientifically minded person, I reject the idea of 'demons' in the Biblical sense, just as I do 'possesion'.

However...

Could it be that what was being described was actually a form of what we would now call schizophrenia?

Someone that was paranoid schizophrenic would hear voices, and a whole range of other symptoms that are not that unlike the person that was 'possesed'.

Just thinking out loud here, but can anyone see were I am coming from with this..?
    "Ethics" is simply a last-gasp attempt by deist conservatives and
    orthodox dogmatics to keep humanity in ignorance and obscurantism,
    through the well tried fermentation of fear, the fear of science and
    new technologies.
    There is nothing glorious about what our ancestors call history,
    it is simply a succession of mistakes, intolerances and violations.

People lack B vitamins. As for the people who are medically classified as being Skitzo's. These peoople need MEGA DOSES of B vitamins, more so than the average person. The medical establishment says there is NO CURE for people who are dx as Skitzo's but that is a LIE. The big pharma will say anything to keep making profits, for all they live for is PROFITS. B VITAMINS and other vitamins have cured such people dx with being Skitzo's. They would have to be on MEGA doses of Vitamins for the rest of their life. But once a person goes off of their MEGA doses, the illness returns. I wanted to add my knowledge into this category. Also on tv, there is a program that tells that ADHD is not a disease of the brain at all. BIG PHARMA is out for the KILL to make more money. ADHD or ADDHD, is not a disease of the brain, it is a made up theory. They will ask some questions to children and they can be yes and no's to these questions, well if you asked the whole world this, all of us would be taking that PILL. So these pills do MORE HARM and that is the intended purpose to DO MORE HARM to the children, teens and adults. There is NOT ONE TEST OUT THERE for this ADDHD, not one! But made up lies. This doctor tested this one teen girl and told her that she was suicidal and a very poor student and unhappy. All were untrue. She was an honor student, very happy and had many friends. And this shrink was ready to put her on these LETHAL DRUGS.

Cave men theory came about when some people were bored with the knowledge about the Bible. They wanted people to "look-up" to that person they wanted recognition so they had to "tickle" their ears. So that is where that stupid idea came from.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy
    People lack B vitamins. As for the people who are medically classified as being Skitzo's. These peoople need MEGA DOSES of B vitamins, more so than the average person. The medical establishment says there is NO CURE for people who are dx as Skitzo's but that is a LIE. The big pharma will say anything to keep making profits, for all they live for is PROFITS. B VITAMINS and other vitamins have cured such people dx with being Skitzo's. They would have to be on MEGA doses of Vitamins for the rest of their life. But once a person goes off of their MEGA doses, the illness returns. I wanted to add my knowledge into this category. Also on tv, there is a program that tells that ADHD is not a disease of the brain at all. BIG PHARMA is out for the KILL to make more money. ADHD or ADDHD, is not a disease of the brain, it is a made up theory. They will ask some questions to children and they can be yes and no's to these questions, well if you asked the whole world this, all of us would be taking that PILL. So these pills do MORE HARM and that is the intended purpose to DO MORE HARM to the children, teens and adults. There is NOT ONE TEST OUT THERE for this ADDHD, not one! But made up lies. This doctor tested this one teen girl and told her that she was suicidal and a very poor student and unhappy. All were untrue. She was an honor student, very happy and had many friends. And this shrink was ready to put her on these LETHAL DRUGS.
    Why do you think that ADHD is a 'made up theory'..?

What of other mental health conditions?

Scizophrenia?

Made up or real?

Bi Polar?

Made up or real?

Galaxy, there are many psychiatrists and psychologists not fit to serve the profession, I will grant you that, and there is sharp practice by the big drug companies, of that I am certain, yet to suggest that any of those conditions are merely made up theories, is an insult to those that perhaps DO suffer the condition every waking moment of their lives.

We are at last starting to make some progress in the case of mental health.

Let's not turn the clock back by stating that such conditions are made up or theories?
    new technologies.

Let me restate my answer. In Islam you are Prohibited from imbibing any drugs, drink, or anything for the purpose of getting high/stoned/drunk/inebrated/or altering consciousness.
    Good so no problem me tossing back a six pack or so to enhance my pool shooting huh? :D
    The terminally stupid and certifiably insane.

Like I said, taking a perscription drug for a medical condition is OK. .
    This is getting better all the time. Medicinal purpose. OK. Keep those excuses comming, I'm running out of reasons not to join an AA group.
    The terminally stupid and certifiably insane.

Quote Originally Posted by bogie
    This is getting better all the time. Medicinal purpose. OK. Keep those excuses comming, I'm running out of reasons not to join an AA group.

Yeah, baby. I would not be able to cope without my "medicine." :(
    Last edited by Odear; 03-02-2007 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bogie
    Good so no problem me tossing back a six pack or so to enhance my pool shooting huh? :D
    Ever consider the "beer/pool ratio" I personally have done much research! I find it a very useful tool...

Another thread strays into the ether! :)

Returning to the original concept.

We all know that chemicals and what we eat can alter our brain activity, thus. imo, if a species were to start consuming something of that type, over a long period of time, then it is not unreasonable to think that there might be some value in Terence McKenna's theory of stoned age man.
    new technologies.

Quote Originally Posted by enlightenment
    Another thread strays into the ether! :)

Returning to the original concept.

We all know that chemicals and what we eat can alter our brain activity, thus. imo, if a species were to start consuming something of that type, over a long period of time, then it is not unreasonable to think that there might be some value in Terence McKenna's theory of stoned age man.
    As I stated in my first response to this topic, I feel that this theory is actually provable. OK, so the example I gave was a little silly, but, TRUE. Was I mis-interpreting? (Not a flashback :p )

Quote Originally Posted by jigglepete
    As I stated in my first response to this topic, I feel that this theory is actually provable. OK, so the example I gave was a little silly, but, TRUE. Was I mis-interpreting? (Not a flashback :p )
    So, you would concur with this theory then, is that what you are saying, in a nutshell?

Steve
    new technologies.

That's why it's called the 'stone' age? Of course, there's shroom for debate on that.

Quote Originally Posted by phlipper
    That's why it's called the 'stone' age? Of course, there's shroom for debate on that.

Taxi for Philliper!

:D
    new technologies.

Quote Originally Posted by jigglepete
    Back in the day...I was sitting under a tree deep in the woods, having sampled some of natures finest, a deer walked within touching distance of me, I swear it sensed that I wasn't a treat. If I had been eating meat at the time, and not on a spiritual journey, I could have reached out and gotton me some venison, but I was not interested, maybe the deer could smell the lack of meat in my system? I will never know why it happened, but if it was the deer sensing if the deer sensed my psychodelic thoughts, and percieved no danger, couldn't that work to a hunters advantage? Wow...sorry...flashback... :p
    what a fine line we weave,when we dope up only to decieve!?is that possible!?or is just a second thought,or a first thought from a state of no thought!?not perfectly acheived,a close but no brass ring,the thing is,it's a world of show BIZ!?the second consideration,should it be the first by PROXY!?know the author of your proxyship!?or take a funky skinny dip!?and forgedaboutit!?hehe!!.....just askin...

Quote Originally Posted by enlightenment
    So, you would concur with this theory then, is that what you are saying, in a nutshell?

Steve
    In a nutshell, yes :)