+ Reply to Thread

Scam from C r a i g s list,

I was trying to get rid of some old furniture, so I had a potential buyer email me from *****slist. Check this out.. (basically, wants me to deposit his check, then send him the difference Western Union.)

Hello xxxx,
    how are you doing, i hope you doing great , i want you to know that the deal is on and according,have already sent the CHECK out to you(it will arrive by mail ).So the payment should arrive in a short while from now and once you get it,i guess you know how to handle everything and please don't bother about any other buyer for the item but there was a little problem which i guess we can handle with understanding when i contacted my secretary to know maybe the CHECK as already been sent, i got to know that there was a misinterpretation while sending the CHECK.

According to the instruction i gave my secretary, My Secretary was suppose to have send you a CHECK of $200 for the item, but instead, she sent a CHECK of $3500. It was a terrible mistake and the CHECK is already out for delivery to your location before i was alerted about this. She claimed that she thought that said she should send you a CHECK of $3500 but i know very well that i did told Her to send just $200 but i guess she didn't get it straight.

So please i will not like this to disturb out transaction as the deal is still on and we can get through this, what will happen is that once you get the CHECK you should please take it to the nearest cashing outlet or your bank around you and cash it immediately.You then deduct the cashing outlet fees and also 100 dollars for all the trouble i have put you through during the course of this transaction as well as for your running around, so that you can then send the excess fund to my shipping agent via western union money transfer that sameday. I have it in mind to collect the money and send it to my shipping agent but since its now coming to you now, i guess i can count on you that you can handle this with trust and have it sent to my shipping agent.

Please do mail me back immediately to let me know that i can count on you to handle everything with care .I will be expecting your mail as soon as possible thank you.
    Best Regards and Stay Blessed
    Mr Daniel Robert ([email protected])
    Last edited by No_Moron_Here; 04-21-2009 at 10:28 AM.

Re: Scam from Craigslist,

Looks like money laundering...

Ot the check is bogus, and you will loose the money.
    I wouldn't send it back out same day that's for sure.
    My blog - Sick and tired of people making others pay for information you can get free... Download 4 free ebooks on my page, no email asked or anything...

Good read - Information on different scams, not reviews, just info.

Another great forum - It'll help you with your affiliate marketing, and of course, it is free!

Yea I bet the check is going to bounce. Or else it's money laundering

Quote Originally Posted by captain15
    Yea I bet the check is going to bounce. Or else it's money laundering
    This is the Oldest "SCAM" in the Book, send the check back, it will cost you $20.00 for a NSF Check, save your money!! When you see a - Mr. XXXXX XXXX", you can bet it is a SCAM.
    Last edited by smokey2002; 02-22-2007 at 11:30 PM.

MaxX Guest

This is old as earth. That guy is retarted, if he already decided to scam you, might as well learn how to write it coherently.
    Tell him you're waiting for the check. You can mess around with him, use your imagination! Don't cash the check, it's probably fake.

MaxX Guest

Oh and I just signed up Mr Daniel Robert ([email protected]) for some good ol' junk mail =)

I know a few people who fell for this on Craigslist. Basically the check bounced and they lost the difference and sent the items. So they not only lost there car but lost about 5K of there own money. Anytime you see an email from a buyer in very bad english you should imediately tell them you will not sell but you'll be glad to take the gift of 3500 or whatever money. I've done it once on ebay and they simply wrote back that they were no longer interested in the item, lol.

That's some mistake! LMAO $3500, yeah ,right like a boss would just shrug if their secretary accidentally wrote a check for $3500 that was suppose to be $200. To bad people fall for it because they think, "hey an extra $100!"
    Patricia Lynne's Treasures
    Why should you look there? Because it's not a get rich scam.
    It's my store! I got it up (almost gotta add a few items and spell check LOL) I got domain hosting and email accounts. I sent out my application for sales tax. I'm so excited. Also check out my blog at myspace page

I hope you contacted the Post Office Fraud Division and local police about it. They need all the info on these people as possible!! And I agree about the bad English/secretary. If I had an employee like that.....FIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRD!!!!!!!!!

The things people try to get away with... sad.

Yeah, Had the same problem twice. Trying to sell an old bed. Same old "opps sent the wrong amount" deal. Funny thing after they said they sent the check and it was on the way and they said they were from Canada and I said I only deal locally the check never came. HMM I wonder why. Then trying to sell a car for 5k got a check for 8.2k and he said send the rest to the person who was picking up the car. When I said I still owed a little on it and he should make the check out to FORD CREDIT he got all weird. I wonder why again. What an obvious scam.

Re: Scam from *****slist,

Quote Originally Posted by MaxX View Post
    Oh and I just signed up Mr Daniel Robert ([email protected]) for some good ol' junk mail =)

Actually, that sounds very funny and deserving for Mr. Robert (Mr. Bob) but just from my experience, I doubt that the e-mail address is ever even read through. I've noticed that any e-mail address that has more than 5 numbers and less than 5 letters is fake, just a randomly generated e-mail address that all they have to do to get a brand new e-mail is change the numbers or just change their order. I like that idea of signing them up for junk mail though, funny.:crazy1: