+ Reply to Thread

Desparate With Asthma(lack of breath)

First Username is an AKA, Mine is easy: combination of first and last names, sounded ok, fit together, and I liked the outcome.

Now I developed asthma a year ago, which reduced my activity level. Next being over 50, reduced activities increased my weight. Third, my source of
    supplemental income for the previous 16 years has exploded, with every Tom,
    Dick, Harry, and Jane believing they can do the work it takes. I'm referring to
    the Tree Service Industry, & tree service telemarketers in Metro Atlanta.
    When I began, the owner & founder of Atlanta Tree Service Inc. taught me the phone end of the industry. It wasn't too long after starting work for my friend that I unemployed, so I just went out and found someone who would
    lease the Haines Directory for Metro Atlanta, and buy the leads from me, also.
    Please note right here, that I was good at this work, and over the past 16 years that I've made extra income I've refined the script, and my phone disposition and have made very good money from this endeavor. But now, 2007, Everyone and their brother and their sister are trying to make a living in this industry, and ruining the reputations of tree services in the Atlanta area. Examples include, but not limited too, signing a contract with the homeowner then requesting a deposit, never to return. Another, signing a contract, showing proof of insurance, starting the job, causes property damage, leaving the job unknowning to the homeowner, never returning, to file a claim against the insurance the homeowner contacts the said insurance
    company, only to find that payments to the agent were never paid, therefore
    the policy is not valid. Want me to go on? I could, I have plenty more. BUT...
    Anyway, when I started this, I could get 30+ leads in 10-15 hours. With all the crooks, scammers, etc., now I'm lucky to see 10 leads and that is working on the phone 30+ hours per week. So working for nothing, I quit. And
    over the past 16 years, I've lost from leads never paid for approx. $10,000+.
    3k to three different groups, then a lot of lower amounts surely totalling way over $1000. I need help.

I have been without disability, employment, and any source of funds for over
    a year now. My 86 yr. old mother still works/drives and supports us (which she shouldn't have too.) I need "work at home" income. Anyone know of anything or a contact name or number of any legitimate income producing
    position?
    I do know of two: babytobee.com
    National Health Care Discount (.com)
    Both are quota phone/internet postions, and I don't know anything special
    you can do to get hired. I couldn't make babytobee.com's quota, and NHCD
    required you pay $19.95 deposit (which I paid and they refunded) but I quit
    because they later informed me I had to pay that amt. each month for the use of their internet/longdistance service used in performing duties for them. That, I flat wasn't going to do! Plus they give you three scripts, and I sincerely tried each one out, but the one that worked for me was the last one I tried. So try all the scripts as quick as you can, to see if any one works
    for you better than the other two.

Please if anyone knows of anything, help me find work. I don't need opportunities, I need "paid for duties performed", WORK.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this.

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

Re: Desparate With Asthma(lack of breath)

The internet is like swimming in the ocean, which is full of sharks, that th-
    eir upmost desire is to prey on you, consume you. There are no friends or beneifient people there who are oferrring to really help you. It is always about money. You would be wise to try and find some worthwhile pursuit elsewhere. I think that you probaly know this already, but just don't want to accept the truth of the matter.
    Take care...

Hello, When having an attack, I read many years ago that a person should drink coffee. There are many remedies for your condition. But coffee is one of them. I have knowledge of many things, but you know, I would suggest that you go online and read about your condition. as for a job, I was reading at one sight about home job, you get intouch with Coastal Vacations roger19 of this forum workathome scams, sorry I dont remember if I have that correct but it is one of the scam forums here at scam . com So he has an email address http://www.notabigfanofselling.com this is for Coastal Vacation also another email that is connected to that would be support@endlesstours.com As they say, you need money to start a business. Now I read years ago, that never should one pay to start a business. But that is incorrect. You need money to start businesses. So check it out. Another address, http://www.weatlthbuildingtravel.com Going back to your condition, I am sure that I read online about a year ago about something a person can take that will help with your condition. I could of written it in my notes. I would have to check. People who have emphysema, this is another subject, well for those people there are natural cures, yes, they can be healed. I was trying to help a cousin of mine, but the wife would not listen to the remedies. You know the type, they only believe in medications. But I told her that vitamins in different dosages and foods will help make the lungs stronger. So for you reading this note, there is a remedy for those suffering from that lung disease. Going back for jobs, online there are many scams out there. Affiliate programs work, I read about dating sites, you can become an affiliate with them, get a few of them, but you need a website of your own. I read that one person on the forum makes websites.... I dont know if I have the liberty to tell you who he is, but you can look online and find someone to help you make a website. Now listen, there are over 10 MILLION single people out there "searching for love" that would be your best bet for you to become affiliates with these dating services. You can score good, I am sure of that. I hope this helps you.

I just like scanned over your letter, so you do not have asthma? Well, if someone does, they will know what to do, drink some coffee. So you live in Atlanta! This is a good job to be doing, I had two friends of mine who did this years ago and still have their jobs. Go into your own Lawn and Yard care job. Mowing and yard work, so many home owners hate, they just HATE doing the yard. You will find that you will have so many customers that you can even hire a few men and women to handle this job. I know it gets cold up there, but just think, you can hop into Florida and find work there in the winter time. I hope this helps you!

JenaV Guest

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy
    Hello, When having an attack, I read many years ago that a person should drink coffee. There are many remedies for your condition. But coffee is one of them. I have knowledge of many things, but you know, I would suggest that you go online and read about your condition. as for a job, I was reading at one sight about home job, you get intouch with Coastal Vacations roger19 of this forum workathome scams, sorry I dont remember if I have that correct but it is one of the scam forums here at scam . com So he has an email address http://www.notabigfanofselling.com this is for Coastal Vacation also another email that is connected to that would be support@endlesstours.com As they say, you need money to start a business. Now I read years ago, that never should one pay to start a business. But that is incorrect. You need money to start businesses. So check it out. Another address, http://www.weatlthbuildingtravel.com Going back to your condition, I am sure that I read online about a year ago about something a person can take that will help with your condition. I could of written it in my notes. I would have to check. People who have emphysema, this is another subject, well for those people there are natural cures, yes, they can be healed. I was trying to help a cousin of mine, but the wife would not listen to the remedies. You know the type, they only believe in medications. But I told her that vitamins in different dosages and foods will help make the lungs stronger. So for you reading this note, there is a remedy for those suffering from that lung disease. Going back for jobs, online there are many scams out there. Affiliate programs work, I read about dating sites, you can become an affiliate with them, get a few of them, but you need a website of your own. I read that one person on the forum makes websites.... I dont know if I have the liberty to tell you who he is, but you can look online and find someone to help you make a website. Now listen, there are over 10 MILLION single people out there "searching for love" that would be your best bet for you to become affiliates with these dating services. You can score good, I am sure of that. I hope this helps you.
    Galaxy Business 101 you need money to start ANY business. No you should NEVER pay for a JOB! But your own business is much more different. Say you want to run detail shop from your garage. Well you need the equipment & you should pay to advertise in local papers and Yellow page ads.

Also, I'm not with roger19. I'm my own person my Team is DFI my Colleagues are Stephanie Johnson, Renae Hiekkila, Stacy O'Quinn, and Jackie O'Quinn - I hope that cleared up some information.

The Mexicans are taking over the Tree, Landscaping and Law Care businesses. They typically have a crew of six or eight people, pile out, do the entire yard in 20 minutes, are paid and gone to the next job.
    They feel among other things, in doing this kind of work that they risk less of a chance of the immigration people catching them as illegally in the country and shippiong them back to Mexico. But they just turn around and come back because they are never punished for breaking our laws.
    Think about this: if they break the law to come into the country where will they stop breaking our laws and respecting our souverignity?
    Additionally, the bulk of the money they make is sent back to Mexico and no taxes are paid. Yet they use our roads, hospitals and get food stamps and in some caes welfare.
    How do you like that?

p.s. they are working now on taking over the home improvement and maintenance business. Also, a majority of builders use them; pay cheaper wages than they would pay american citizens and pocket the ddifference as additional profit... Crooks!

For the guy looking for work: try this; go behind these people and find out how much people are paying them. Then undercut their prices. You can make money that way although it is less than what you may be accustomed to. That is better than nothing. Gets some money in your pocket and keeps you busy so that you aren't brooding and despondent.
    The typical 'american dream' is working at home. That is a joke! Most people lack the discipline and fortitude to work unsupervised. They want to take long breaks, watch t.v., take naps and hassle with their kids. If there is a business that is willing to hire them, eventually the business will get rid of them as they aren't productive.
    Otherwise, the work at home schemes amount to whomever is sponsoring this is really exploiting individuals to work at home and charging them fees and cost for supplys, equipment and use of their internet arrangements.
    For anyone that really seriousl wants to work there is something out there for you to do. You just have to make up your mind to accomodate the requirments and stop wanting work where you get everything your way - that doesn't exists.

Here's a hint: if you really think you can work at home, call around and find some engineering firms, other businesses that build and wire up various electrical/electronic control panels. Tell them you would like to do this for them. They will give you a short training course and provide all materials and components and directions [schemtaics, instructions] on how to perform the work. This sort of work usually pays pretty good money.
    There are other places that are short-handed of help and need someone to do things for them. All of this work is categorized as subcontracting. Many businesses like this as they don't have to worry with formal payroll considerations, taxes, worker comp stuff and so on.
    As I said though, only thing is, you had better do the work or you will lose the jobs!

Rusted is offline Gold Scams Member User Rank

I'm starting out as a handyman...just like fixing houses and making them better. Doing punch work right now for a guy. Construction is overrun with illegals. Nice thing though, is they work fast & sloppy and I get to fix their mistakes.

Coontie is right, it takes discipline, and you have to be honest and upright in your dealings, especially since it's the repeat customers that pay the way. If self-employed, you'll work harder then the nine to fivers, but it's nice to be on your own.
    All advertising is lies, deceit, and misdirection.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusted
    I'm starting out as a handyman...just like fixing houses and making them better. Doing punch work right now for a guy. Construction is overrun with illegals. Nice thing though, is they work fast & sloppy and I get to fix their mistakes.

Coontie is right, it takes discipline, and you have to be honest and upright in your dealings, especially since it's the repeat customers that pay the way. If self-employed, you'll work harder then the nine to fivers, but it's nice to be on your own.
    That's correct. And you get paid on the spot. One has to take responsibility for paying their own income taxes. Don't try to play the 'game' of avoiding that. Penalities and Interest will eat you alive when they catch you, and they will. Still better than going to prison, but that is a possibility as well if you mess with them too much!
    It is VERY IMPORTANT that, in subcontracting work, a person put a lot of thought into their business arrangements, which means placing ones-self in a protected position, in regard to customer scams and rip-offs. It can and does happen and often some customers, if they become irate with you will threaten, or will, call the IRS and report a private contractor business person as suspected of not paying income tax. It doesn't matter wether or not this is true, as far as the IRS is concerned. Once they have your name and other personal info they will investigate you.
    - Use a written contract. Get someone to help you assemble this if you are not sure how to. Keep it simple and brief, but state the important things. These are, but not linited to:

- an advance payment prior to starting work. This helps to buy materials, supplies, etc. and give one some money to go on. Have it stated that materials and supplies will be purchased and stored at the job-site, meaniing customer location, unless they prefer otherwise.
    Advance payment should be somewhere around 50% of TOTAL job cost. State this and state schedule of further payments: another 50% of reaminder of remaining job cost initially stated [progress payment] and final remaining contract amount upon finishing.
    State there may be a variance of 20% more than originally quoted job cost, but that you make every effort to avoid cost over-runs. Give the customer a break, if possible and allow the job to come in cheaper than originally quoted. THis helps build customer trust, confidence and appreciation. You will get call backs and also their referrals, reccomendations of you to their friends; the best advertisement there is.
    While working around their premises/property, do not pay undue attention to any property materials belonging to customer and do not handle any such items unless absolutely necessary. WIth especially valuable items request that the customer move them, to avoid personal liability.
    Often you may find that you are in their home and personal rooms where valuables, jewelry, billfolds and even cash money is laying out in plain sight. If it is necessary to work around these things ask them to come and move these personal effects. You might have a stipulation that all such items be secured out of sight prior to your commecing work.
    No matter how friendly or inquisitive children are at the home where you may be working avoid undue conversations or contact with them. Above all, never touch them. This could result in serious trouble.
    If after you have been around a place working the first couple of days and you encounter a person that obviously has some mental problems as indicated by their behavior, stop the work immediately, tell the principal contact that you will not be finishing the work and settle up with them for the difference. Make as little of the reason that you are doing this as possible.
    There's a lot more, but anyone doing this work for any length of time will soon learn that it is a fantastic experience to work directly for the public, but can also been very trying and tedious a times.
    Oh, and if you subcontract to another contractor, treat them the same as a customer. Don't let them use your tolls, equipment, suplies or materials. They or any other individuals that may be working on the job, either for them, or another subcontractor.
    Have an upfront understanding and agreement with them regarding what you expect to be paid. Ideally you should be paid daily as most are not willing to give advances and if you allow a week or so woth of your time and other personal considerations to be expended then suddenly this contractor doesn't show up or wants to reneg regarding what you are owed, you could very well be not compensated for yo0ur time, etc. and often, taking them to court is expensive and troublesome, even though you are in the right.
    I would say, final word in this regard, have the understanding that you are paid daily at the end of the work day for all hours and supplies or other personal money considerations applied to the job. If the contractor seems hesitant or wants to argue regarding this then just turn down the job. You're better off, I assure!

p.s. I have done follow-up 'punch-list' work for builders on very expensive homes. Often there are a large amount of Mexicans on the job and it really Pi$$es them off to have a 'Gringo' around doing work - they think it is all theirs. You are better off not knowing the Spanish language, as often they really say some pretty insulting things to you or in your preence. I have called them on it a couple of times and really suprised the Ba$tards.
    They can usually do the framing, concrete work and the like, but they are very poor regarding attention to detail and are also inept in regard to electrical, electronic and instrumentation work considerations.
    ALso, certain material; if you are familiar with the cast concret decorative retaining wall stones that cost about $2.50 - $3.00/each and come in several colors. You stack them one on top of the other to short walls, and curbing, generally. AT the back of each stone is a lip cast on to the surface that is intended as a sort of 'locking' device wherein you stack them and each succeding stack is placed above the other, thereby stabilizing the whole structure to prevent collapse, especially if back-filled with earth, which exerts a potential force on the entire vertical wall are. SOme friends of mine spent $10,000.00 - $12,000.00 to build a retaining wall along the lake front of the home property. They hired Mexicans to do the work. No one supervised the job - the owners didn't know any better regarding the proper application/installation of this material, so they stayed 'out of the way'. THe workers finished the job, were duly paid and left. Then the most of the entire wall collapsed after the first heavy rain about ten days later. They couldn't get the guys back to remedy the problem so hired a 'Gringo' contractor. He told them: your problem with this wall is that they have 'lopped' off all of the stabilizing lips on the stone surface. Now, in order to assure you that this wall will be sufficiently strong in the future we will have to lay it all up with mortar. Cost: another $6,000.00. ANd they hired the Mexicans because they work cheap! :rolleyes:

Not picking on the Mexicans, although it would be really nice if they would come here without breaking our laws. Otherwise, they are really good and hard workers, but they need training and supervision.
    Last edited by coontie; 05-26-2007 at 03:22 AM.

Rusted is offline Gold Scams Member User Rank

Coontie, many, many thanks.
    All advertising is lies, deceit, and misdirection.

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by deloby
    Please if anyone knows of anything, help me find work. I don't need opportunities, I need "paid for duties performed", WORK.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this.

http://www.verafast.net

That will be what you are looking for. I was going to test them but the hours I work outside the home do not make it possible.

But I haven't heard a single negative about them.

Lady Mod

I've learned a lot of things on this thread. This stuff is really helpful.

I feel for the guy who started this thread.
    Rumor has it that 150,000 jobs are being shipped by IBM to overseas (they seem to be doing this in small stages).

And people are maxed out on credit. Which means they're not buying American cars in a way that they "should." This is not good.

In a nutshell, what we're reading here from this gentleman is and will continue to be multiplied thousands and thousands of times over.

I converse with a lot of idealistic young men who study "theory" and "philosophy" in college without actually learning a skill to support them, which concerns me.

At least they have the strength to believe that when their wives have babies, their wives will be quitting work. But that shift of going from 2 incomes to just 1 usually shocks them (thank goodness they have the fortitude to work 60-70 hours when that happens).

And when that happens, they say things like "You know, I wish I learned a skill."