+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SnakeDance

Fizban "The Fabulous" Guest

SnakeDance

Just finished the SnakeDance - Dr. Who.

Pretty amazing stuff. You can't get much more in your face than when the dr. and dozon are sitting together.

Also, i liked the cage they were in. There was alot of attention to details like that.

How much more can one say about the snake in fact?

I am a little young to have seen many dr. who episodes, but after having seen this one am going to have to watch more.

from the content, the bbc and thatcher did not want to continue the show, and that kind of 'story-telling' so out it went together with everything else terry nation and his writers created.

this is just one small example of the masterly work on low budget...the episode were nyssa becomes involved as a companion, is one of the most esoteric things ever ****ing made - 'the keeper of traken.' heavy duty jung and freud and so much more.

they meet nyssa in a totally different universe called e space (e for epsilon, the fifth dimension). she is from a race where the children are mathemetical geniuses who understand the universe in geometric terms. tegan is from earth. her first episode is called 'logopolis.' one of the greatest dr.who episodes ever made, and very sought after by fans.

I'm interested in the 'Subversive' elements in Dr Who. There's plenty of distrust of authority and control. Even though the New Who is a little more fluffy around the edges I love the references (concious or not) to serious issues - like the poisonous mobile technology that turns people into machines in the Cybermen stories, the Slitheen are Aliens in Politicians skins, The manipulation of milions of people through the warped media output on Satelitte 5 (run by a big alien blob with teeth) in The Long Game, Health Care based on the Suffering in New Earth and Education as Brainwashing in School Reunion.

I'm not sure if these parallels are there by accident or design but i'm glad that they are!

Re: SnakeDance

you know, wizzdizz who is with scammed warts and leeguana who is full of pondscum could not answer this because they are inadequate in the sphere for brains! just tellin yah!

who pays to run this site, just the ones that dont want the truth revealed anymore?

y. is the best one out there if you know what i am insinuatating. g. they keep it all even your email that is spying

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy
    you know, wizzdizz who is with scammed warts and leeguana who is full of pondscum could not answer this because they are inadequate in the sphere for brains! just tellin yah!
    Tricky little sucker aren't you?

I was never into low budget British sci-fi.

More of a Monty Python man.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizban "The Fabulous"
    "Even though the New Who is a little more fluffy around the edges I love the references (concious or not) to serious issues - like the poisonous mobile technology that turns people into machines in the Cybermen stories, the Slitheen are Aliens in Politicians skins, The manipulation of milions of people through the warped media output on Satelitte 5 (run by a big alien blob with teeth) in The Long Game, Health Care based on the Suffering in New Earth and Education as Brainwashing in School Reunion."
    Serious issues? What are serious issues in your mind, if you don't mind my asking?
    "Science is evidence without proof. Creationism is proof without evidence."

Quote Originally Posted by Leeguana
    Tricky little sucker aren't you?

I was never into low budget British sci-fi.

More of a Monty Python man.

Serious issues? What are serious issues in your mind, if you don't mind my asking?
    Quote Originally Posted by fizban "the fabulous"
    The manipulation of milions of people through the warped media output on Satelitte 5 (run by a big alien blob with teeth)
    I was thinking you were onto something here until you mentioned the media being run by a "big alien blob with teeth". What is that, some sort of a Rupert Murdoch ET clone?

Fizban "The Fabulous" Guest

Why ??? you looking to 'debunk' what I hold important in life ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fizban "The Fabulous"
    Why ??? you looking to 'debunk' what I hold important in life ?
    Nah. I just didn't get how "the poisonous mobile technology that turns people into machines" was a "serious issue". Guess I'd have to watch the show to see where you're coming from on this. :)