+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    272

    Send in the Clowns. Evolution vs Creationism

    Scanning youtube the other day I came upon this creationist idiot. Check out the link. This is what happens to a mind warped by religious dogma. I found it infuriating the barrage of nonsense and lies.

    This guy even censors his posts so no dissenting replies are shown, only those that agree with his position are posted.

    Luckily some other bright spark reloaded it under a different username so people post and give it the contempt it deserves. I'm almost tempted to go and buy a webcam so I can post my own reply on youtube.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvyQRdlKiwI

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    26,302

    Re: Send in the Clowns. Evolution vs Creationism

    what do you suppose the useful purpose of infuriating is!?and what is it's source!?hehe!!......just askin...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canton Michigan
    Posts
    1,086

    Re: Send in the Clowns. Evolution vs Creationism

    Quote Originally Posted by Turnbull Ac
    Scanning youtube the other day I came upon this creationist idiot. Check out the link. This is what happens to a mind warped by religious dogma. I found it infuriating the barrage of nonsense and lies.

    This guy even censors his posts so no dissenting replies are shown, only those that agree with his position are posted.

    Luckily some other bright spark reloaded it under a different username so people post and give it the contempt it deserves. I'm almost tempted to go and buy a webcam so I can post my own reply on youtube.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvyQRdlKiwI
    Certianly you should, you have been the voice of reason on here.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    272

    Re: Send in the Clowns. Evolution vs Creationism

    Quote Originally Posted by terry05_99
    Certianly you should, you have been the voice of reason on here.
    Do I detect a hint of sarcasm ? :)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: Send in the Clowns. Evolution vs Creationism

    Quote Originally Posted by Turnbull Ac
    Scanning youtube the other day I came upon this creationist idiot. Check out the link. This is what happens to a mind warped by religious dogma. I found it infuriating the barrage of nonsense and lies.

    This guy even censors his posts so no dissenting replies are shown, only those that agree with his position are posted.

    Luckily some other bright spark reloaded it under a different username so people post and give it the contempt it deserves. I'm almost tempted to go and buy a webcam so I can post my own reply on youtube.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvyQRdlKiwI
    I used to argue with these people all the time. Now everytime I see something like this it makes me want to scream. I think I've learned something from Dawkins though, some people simply will not be convinced and so there's no point trying to convince them. You're better off spending your energy informing people that are still sitting on the fence, or only mildly religous. At least then you'll have a chance. In time, hopefully, the percentage of the population that has been indoctrinated will decrease and vanish.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    272

    Re: Send in the Clowns. Evolution vs Creationism

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    what do you suppose the useful purpose of infuriating is!?and what is it's source!?hehe!!......just askin...
    Deep question Lexx. Perhaps along with other emotions it's an evolutionary developement to help aid decision making. In the animal kingdom we see displays of anger, altruism ect. Such things are not confined to the 'master race' so to speak. Maybe some of our brainy science bods here have a better idea of its purpose.
    I am currently reading --- White Jazz - James Ellroy

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Latvia/Ireland
    Posts
    60

    Re: Send in the Clowns. Evolution vs Creationism

    Well This guy got pwnd really good

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDAZe...elated&search=

    This little fellow rulz
    DEAD GIRLS DON'T SAY - NO !

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: Send in the Clowns. Evolution vs Creationism

    Quote Originally Posted by Outsider Wolf
    Well This guy got pwnd really good

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDAZe...elated&search=

    This little fellow rulz
    Wow, this guy rocks. Check out all his other videos as well.

    Gives me hope for the future :)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    656

    Re: Send in the Clowns. Evolution vs Creationism

    Quote Originally Posted by kazza
    I used to argue with these people all the time. Now everytime I see something like this it makes me want to scream. I think I've learned something from Dawkins though, some people simply will not be convinced and so there's no point trying to convince them. You're better off spending your energy informing people that are still sitting on the fence, or only mildly religous. At least then you'll have a chance. In time, hopefully, the percentage of the population that has been indoctrinated will decrease and vanish.
    I just send them this and point out that it is, in fact, themselves at the computer!
    Last edited by catch-22; 11-07-2007 at 05:41 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Where do Morals come from? Evolution versus Creationism
    By Pissed Off 2 in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-08-2012, 10:51 PM
  2. There are some clowns on here!
    By ChrisDoyle in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-13-2010, 05:28 AM
  3. Send In Obama's Clowns
    By BarackZero in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 06:48 PM
  4. Creationism and Race
    By kazza in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 03:54 AM
  5. Brilliant evolution vs creationism comic
    By SubJunk in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 08-13-2006, 05:41 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •