+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

GOOD NEWS!! Tony BLAIR to ANNOUNCE Withdrawal Plan from IRAQ.. 'CUT & RUN'??? nayyyy

GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY!! We get to fight this war by OURSELVES NOW!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Blair to Announce Iraq Withdrawal Plan
    By THOMAS WAGNER

LONDON (AP) - Prime Minister Tony Blair will announce on Wednesday a new timetable for the withdrawal of British troops from Iraq, with 1,500 to return home in several weeks, the BBC reported.

Blair will also tell the House of Commons during his regular weekly appearance that a total of about 3,000 British soldiers will have left southern Iraq by the end of 2007, if the security there is sufficient, the British Broadcasting Corp. said, quoting government officials who weren't further identified.

The announcement comes even as President Bush implements an increase of 21,000 more troops for Iraq.

But Blair said Sunday that Washington had not put pressure on London to maintain its troop numbers. The BBC said Blair was not expected to say when the rest of Britain's forces would leave Iraq. Britain currently has about 7,100 soldiers there.

Blair's Downing Street office refused to comment on the BBC report.

Blair and Bush talked by secure video link Tuesday morning, and Bush said Britain's troop cutbacks were ``a sign of success'' in Iraq.

``The president is grateful for the support of the British Forces in the past and into the future,'' U.S. National Security Council spokesman Gordon Johndroe said in Washington. ``While the United Kingdom is maintaining a robust force in southern Iraq, we're pleased that conditions in Basra have improved sufficiently that they are able to transition more control to the Iraqis.

``The United States shares the same goal of turning responsibility over to the Iraqi Security Forces and reducing the number of American troops in Iraq,'' Johndroe said. ``President Bush sees this as a sign of success and what is possible for us once we help the Iraqis deal with the sectarian violence in Baghdad.''

``We want to bring our troops homes as well,'' Johndroe said. ``It's the model we want to emulate, to turn over more responsibilities to Iraqis and bring our troops home. That's the goal and always has been.''

Blair said last month that he would report to lawmakers on his future strategy in Iraq following the completion of Operation Sinbad, a joint British and Iraqi mission targeting police corruption and militia influence in the southern city of Basra.

On Sunday, Blair told the BBC that the operation was completed.

Foreign Secretary Margaret Beckett said in January that Operation Sinbad offered the prospect of a ``turning point for Iraq, hopefully in the near future.''

Treasury chief Gordon Brown, who is likely to succeed Blair by September, has said he hoped several thousand British soldiers would be withdrawn by December.

As recently as late last month, Blair rejected opposition calls to withdrawal British troops by October, calling such a plan irresponsible.

``That would send the most disastrous signal to the people that we are fighting in Iraq. It's a policy that, whatever its superficial attractions may be, is actually deeply irresponsible,'' Blair said on Jan. 24 in the House of Commons.

Blair, who has said he will step down as prime minister by September after a decade in power, has seen his foreign-policy record overshadowed by his role as Bush's leading ally in the unpopular war.

02/20/07 18:25 Copyright The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained In this news report may not be published, broadcast or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.

Re: GOOD NEWS!! Tony BLAIR to ANNOUNCE Withdrawal Plan from IRAQ.. 'CUT & RUN'??? nayyyy

LIBERALS AGAINST VICTORY !!!

HELLLLLOOO FUCKNUT ...YOU'RE CHEERING FOR THE BAD GUYS AGAIN!!!
    Originally posted by Americanadian
    Palin: Omit the "i" and you're left with "Pain".

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

Re: GOOD NEWS!! Tony BLAIR to ANNOUNCE Withdrawal Plan from IRAQ.. 'CUT & RUN'??? nayyyy

We send 21,000 more to be target practice and England starts withdrawing their 7,100 with just over a tenth right away AND the rest of half their troops by the end of the year. Half.

Imagine what it would mean for America if half our soldiers were going to get to come home by the end of the year?

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by franKg

That's no way to talk to a lady!

Bend your right elbow until that pistol is pointed at your head and pull the trigger!

BLAM!

Imagine what it would mean for America if half our soldiers were going to get to come home by the end of the year?
    Civil war and al-Queda in control of Iraq

next

Quote Originally Posted by catch-22

Bend your right elbow until that pistol is pointed at your head and pull the trigger!

BLAM!
    I'll do that when the defeatocrats let Al-Queda invade the US........

like next year
    Last edited by franKg; 02-21-2007 at 06:10 AM.

Civil war and al-Queda in control of Iraq

next
    They are already in a civil war and I'm not all that sure they actually wanted Iraq in the first place. It just seemed a good place to stage this distraction so that Osama could strengthen al-Qaeda in other parts of the world. Which he has managed to do while we were all focused on Iraq.

back at ya

They are already in a civil war and I'm not all that sure they actually wanted Iraq in the first place. It just seemed a good place to stage this distraction so that Osama could strengthen al-Qaeda in other parts of the world. Which he has managed to do while we were all focused on Iraq.

back at ya
    So by your logic ladymod if our troops left now , the sunnis and shiites would kiss and make up, al-queda would leave and we can all get back to stringing beads on the beach, playing guitar and singing kumbayah by the moolight.....

HA-HA

you are one collossal schmuck

(nothing personel)
    Last edited by franKg; 02-21-2007 at 06:09 AM.

So by your logic ladymod if our troops left now , the sunnis and shiites would kiss and make up, al-queda would leave and we can all get back to stringing beads on the beach, playing guitar and singing kumbayah by the moolight.....

HA-HA

It doesn't get any schmuckier than this !!!
    Don't be so stupid frankie. They would continue to fight their civil war in peace and the strongest side would win.

You are such an ignoramous.

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Don't be so stupid frankie. They would continue to fight their civil war in peace and the strongest side would win.

You are such an ignoramous.

FIGHT THEIR CIVIL WAR IN PEACE ??!!!

been boozin it a little bit tonight have ya ladymod???
    Last edited by franKg; 02-21-2007 at 06:18 AM.

Jesus Fvcking Christ!!! There's just no pleasing you, is there frankie!?

How the fvck am I cheering for the bad guys when

your president himself says:

Britain's troop cutbacks were ``a sign of success'' in Iraq.

That's GOOD NEWS.. is it not??? :rolleyes: :o :mad:

Listen dumba$$... don't take it out on me that Blair is leavin' us holding the bag in the fvcking mess your self-serving, worthless, piece of sh!t president started. It's too bad he didn't do it sooner... he would probably at least still have a job. But what's even worse is that we can't throw Bush's sorry a$$ out as easily as the people in the UK have been able to boot Blair.

You have no reason to be pissy with me. I've tried to tell you for a long time that this war was a mistake. Now that the reality of it all is finally closing in on you, it doesn't look so good - does it sweetheart?

Know this frank... if you continue to support this war now that Britian is pullin' out - every time we loose another soldier in this God forsaken war, your neighbor here in Connecticut is smearing his or her blood all over YOUR hands. It's time for you to pull your head out of your a$$ and take a long, hard look at what's happening. NOT what Bush TELLS YOU is happening - but the real thing. It's not good frank - and it's only going to continue to get worse.

God help us - especially our troops.

Now fvck off - I'm sick of your stupidity.
    Last edited by Connecticut Victim; 02-21-2007 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by catch-22

BLAM!
    lol... Thanks 22.. :)

But I don't want him to kill himself. That lets him off too easy. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Connecticut Victim
    lol... Thanks 22.. :)

But I don't want him to kill himself. That lets him off too easy. ;)
    He's an endangered species too.

The classic IDIOT.

Every generation has only one. We got twins in this one, which is really rare, his brother is Grim.

;)

Lady Mod

We send 21,000 more to be target practice and England starts withdrawing their 7,100 with just over a tenth right away AND the rest of half their troops by the end of the year. Half.
    Amazing huh...

My understanding is that many will be going to Afghanistan - maybe even Prince Harry!

hmmmm... I wonder what Princess Diana would say about that... ?

Lady Mod
    This would be even more amazing... some have been there what? - 3 and 4 times already? They deserve to come home to their families -- ALIVE..

He's an endangered species too.

The classic IDIOT.

Every generation has only one. We got twins in this one, which is really rare, his brother is Grim.

;)

Lady Mod
    Make that triplets... can't forget the B.A.B.E. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Connecticut Victim
    Amazing huh...

My understanding is that many will be going to Afghanistan - maybe even Prince Harry!

hmmmm... I wonder what Princess Diana would say about that... ?
    Prince Harry goes to fight in the war but the BUSH girls stay home?

Kind of shows their patriotism is only for the camera.

This would be even more amazing... some have been there what? - 3 and 4 times already? They deserve to come home to their families -- ALIVE..
    Absolutely.

Lady Mod