+ Reply to Thread

www.make-bucks.com a scam?

Can someone please tell me how this site is not some sort of elaborate scam?

If I'm following their "completely safe and guaranteed" instructions, you buy e-gold off the net and send this website any amount of e-gold and they return 150% of the value to your paypal account. So why do they send you paypal and not e-gold directly back?

I smell scam but Id appreciate 2 cents from those who know of it or have been burned by it.

Thanks.

Re: www.make-bucks.com a scam?

There are no "completely safe and guaranteed" guarantees on Internet money making schemes. If you are not sure that this is scam, you will probably be scammed in the future by one of get rich quick schemes.
    Last edited by borisf96; 02-18-2007 at 03:09 AM.

Um, yeah I was looking for people's opinion on the website and what it has to offer seeing as how Im not totally familiar with these e-gold schemes... But I guess worthless commentary on what you perceive to be my naieve ability to size up a scam is welcome as well.

What do you mean: they send you paypal back? Sounds like a scam.
    Don't get scammed. Check out all opportunities or Companies before doing business.

Dude...

This site REAKS of scam - just by looking at it.

A word to the wise - STAY AWAY.

your better off signing up with that paypal money market fund....this sounds like Money laundering

Yeah my favorite part is how in the FAQ section they come out and tell you that they're not any kind of company or affiliated with the BBB, but they're just a group of "investors".

They also offer an option of you emailing them the amount you wish to invest and they will give you the 150% upfront as long as you send their 100% immediately after.

I'd give it a shot for $1.00 to see if I really got $1.50 back in 30 mins like they say. Too bad acquiring e-gold using US dollars involves finding an independent merchant who will exchange it, and then paying a mess of fees for the service.

Oh yeah, I emailed their website days ago asking a bunch of questions and have not heard anything. Maybe the site owner is still waiting to post bail.

I agree this sounds like money laundering, Im just surprised I haven't seen any kind of warning about it before on this site.