+ Reply to Thread

Affiliate programs: Do you need to have a website or can you do it without a website?

Is there a way to do affiliate marketing without having a website? Do most people just advertise the links on other people's websites? I guess I'm not understanding how this really works. Thanks.

Re: Affiliate programs: Do you need to have a website or can you do it without a website?

Hello ,

You don't necessarily need to have a website to join an affilaite program, however, its advisable you do as you will be able to control many aspects of the site and get a better ranking. Sometimes you can get a free site by joining the affilliate, but they may require you pay hosting fees.

You have many options however to get a free hosting account, and there is specialized software that will allow you to set up your affilliate website..and you can include several affilliates on your own site.

anymore questions...just ask

RS

Re: Affiliate programs: Do you need to have a website or can you do it without a website?

There are basically three options. You can do the adwords thing where you join someplace like clickbank and then pay to have your ads shown on websites. You can build a website and place the ads on it. Free hosting is not advised in this case because you will have a tough time ranking in the search engines and will probably not be able to put your own adsense on your website. You can get hosting for pennies a month so there really isn't any reason to go that route anyway.
    Third you can join a direct sales company for free like VMC Satellite or Richmont Direct and they will give you a website or page to promote. You don't have any contol over things like adding other affiliate advertisements though.

You don't NEED a website.
    You can use Google AdWords. But that will cost you some moolah....

You can also use a blog, which is free at blogger etc... and is just like a website, plus you get in search engines faster...

Websites cost hosting and registration services.... So you do as you please, choose the option that you prefer.

Their are some ebooks out there that will help you but be carefull, alot of them aren't for beginners, and others are just plain scams...
    My blog - Sick and tired of people making others pay for information you can get free... Download 4 free ebooks on my page, no email asked or anything...

Good read - Information on different scams, not reviews, just info.

Another great forum - It'll help you with your affiliate marketing, and of course, it is free!

Re: Affiliate programs: Do you need to have a website or can you do it without a webs

Whatever you do - avoid free hosts. I set up a site on a free hosting site when I first started - after 6 months or so I was listed in Yahoo, getting decent traffic and income and bang they took down my site because you were not suppossed to have affilaite links on a free site. :( Keep control and avoid the false economy of 'free' hosting. Plus you get their ugly banners or their adwords ads all over your site.

$25 a year will get you a domain and hosting at http://doteasy.com/ - that's just over $2 a month. If you are on a tight budget, then it's not a bad option, although I would still prefer to buy a domain at hostway etc for $7.99 and then choose my own host.....

I appreciate the help everyone! I am thinking I will probably go ahead and do the website route, as I don't have a lot of $ to start out with to pay for advertising, etc. Thanks again!
    M

Do not do google adwords directly to an affilaites website, you will break even at best. Make your own website on your own domain name
    Absolutely free paid surveys- Paid Survey Sites

Submit and Read Reviews of Paid Survey - Paid Survey Reviews
    Are paid online surveys a scam ? Find out here

The Blog About Paid Surveys... Paid Surveys A Scam

If you use Google AdWords, it's likely the company or another affiliate is already advertising it. You can't have multiple bids for the same keyword. So if you go that route you will need at least a basic website. There are certain affiliate programs where you might not need a website (for example, satellite dealers give you a phone number to advertise on flyers), but it's necessary for most, and certainly the easiest way. :)