+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

GOD The Ultimate Trump card

A question for the believers -

Is there anything that scientists could discover about life and the universe in the future that would stop you believing in God ?

My theory is anything scientists discover would simply be adapted into your beliefs. You would then reinterpret your texts to encompass the new data. Because we cannot ever prove the non existence of God, God is the ultimate trump card.

Example

1. Evolution proved beyond your doubt. -Trump - God created evolution
    2. The Big bang Theory proved - Trump - God created the Big bang.

2. 02-16-2007, 05:24 PM

Re: GOD The Ultimate Trump card

Quote Originally Posted by Turnbull Ac

Is there anything that scientists could discover about life and the universe in the future that would stop you believing in God ?

My theory is anything scientists discover would simply be adapted into your beliefs. You would then reinterpret your texts to encompass the new data. Because we cannot ever prove the non existence of God, God is the ultimate trump card.

Example

Is there anything that scientists could discover about life and the universe in the future that would START you believing in God ?

My theory is anything scientists discover would simply be adapted into your beliefs. You would then reinterpret your texts to encompass the new data. Because we cannot ever prove the EXISTENCE of God, SCIENCE is the ultimate trump card.

Example

1. Evolution DISPROVED beyond your doubt. -Trump - God created EVERYTHING
    2. The Big bang Theory proved - Trump - God created ALL, OUT OF NOTHING!!

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

Can either ever be proved?

Faith - the Ultimate Trump Card. Can't be proved, can't be disproved but vital to both religion and science.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Dawud
    Is there anything that scientists could discover about life and the universe in the future that would START you believing in God ?

My theory is anything scientists discover would simply be adapted into your beliefs. You would then reinterpret your texts to encompass the new data. Because we cannot ever prove the EXISTENCE of God, SCIENCE is the ultimate trump card.
    That's not how science works Dawud.

Example

1. Evolution DISPROVED beyond your doubt. -Trump - God created EVERYTHING
    Tell me how disproving evolution would somehow PROVE the existence of anything, much less God?
    2. The Big bang Theory proved - Trump - God created ALL, OUT OF NOTHING!!
    And tell me how proving the BBT would prove the existence of God. Wow, you have absolutely NO idea how science operates, do you? Since your wife-to-be is a doctor, why don't you ask her why what you stated here is complete hogwash?
    "Science is evidence without proof. Creationism is proof without evidence."

Example

Your question alone shows the same bias of your non belief, why ask such a question. If you do not believe in God then so be it. If you think science can bring about such a discovery then we shall have to wait becuase no such discovery has been forthcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawud
    Short of coming down to Earth himself and quite clearly breaking all sorts of physical laws, not really. Of course, I'm a physicist and much of what actually goes on in this universe is far, far, far more amazing than any of the 'miracles' in the bible, things that completely turn reality on its head, so he would need something pretty impressive. None of this walking on water stuff, I'm talking violation of the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, transmitting information faster than light, negating gravity, proving the Reinmann hypothesis, building a perpetual motion machine of the first kind (that would at least be useful)....

Of course, if he did these things and then we found that they were actually allowed by the physical laws and we could repeat them, I would stop believing again.

Quote Originally Posted by kazza
    Short of coming down to Earth himself and quite clearly breaking all sorts of physical laws, not really. Of course, I'm a physicist and much of what actually goes on in this universe is far, far, far more amazing than any of the 'miracles' in the bible, things that completely turn reality on its head, so he would need something pretty impressive. None of this walking on water stuff, I'm talking violation of the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, transmitting information faster than light, negating gravity, proving the Reinmann hypothesis, building a perpetual motion machine of the first kind (that would at least be useful)....

Of course, if he did these things and then we found that they were actually allowed by the physical laws and we could repeat them, I would stop believing again.

The brain can transmit information rather quickly. Not sure if it's as fast as the speed of light however.
    franKg - "Since God was ok with Moses, Joshua and David burning cities to the ground and killing all the civilians I think he would be ok with us splashing a little water on some terrorists."

Dr poormouth - "Exackly;
    It's not "waterboarding", it's "extraordinary baptism""

Quote Originally Posted by carlbenator
    As discussed in a previous thread, this IRRATIONAL HATRED for the Jews and their RIGHT to SURVIVE is one of the many PROOFS of a God, AND a Devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Americanadian
    The brain can transmit information rather quickly. Not sure if it's as fast as the speed of light however.
    I remember looking up how fast the brain works and it was surprising. From memory its actually quite slow (compared to the speed of light anyway), but the neural pathways are so well optimised, so much better than anything we have been able to create in computers, that it can still operate at incredible speeds. The reason its slow is that electric signals are transmitted from neuron to neuron by chemical means, not electric. (again, all from memory, I may be wrong).

I remember looking up how fast the brain works and it was surprising. From memory its actually quite slow (compared to the speed of light anyway), but the neural pathways are so well optimised, so much better than anything we have been able to create in computers, that it can still operate at incredible speeds. The reason its slow is that electric signals are transmitted from neuron to neuron by chemical means, not electric. (again, all from memory, I may be wrong).
    yep, it all evolved from an ape, its amazing isn't it!

Quote Originally Posted by terry05_99
    I bet you're in awe . . .

Quote Originally Posted by terry05_99
    Its not that amazing at all that it evolved from an ape's. An ape's is almost as complex as ours, just missing a few parts. Its more amazing that the ape's evolved in the first place :)
    Last edited by kazza; 02-18-2007 at 07:55 AM.

so for some unknown REASON i just decide to watch STAR WARS 3 or 1 if you prefer and low and behold all the fears and anticipations of the fiture of science and humanity are revealed as if a time warp of story is provided like a new revelation by current anticipations to the future revealed!?did that make sense!?but then......we see in this SAGA the battle between humanity and that other force,call it evil,or negligence,or the forgotten,or the allowed to defect,or whatever!?and dont forget the MACHINE factor of rescue!?how did that TURN out!?hehe!!enjoy and be REMINDED of the present and it's IMPLICATIONS FOR!?.......DUH!?.......and then again...just a-relax in the relaxin of forgiveness and it's PROPOGATION and all is well!?WHO KNEW!?NOT ME!?I HATE IT?!hehe!!.....just askin....
    Last edited by lexx; 02-18-2007 at 09:05 AM.

YES!!really good POINT!?the chemical tranference of information between neurons!?there is NO hard wired CONNECTION!?and this,should BE the focus of SCIENCE!?the UNDERSTANDING of the TRANFERENCE of information BETWEEN brain CELLS!?......so we have to ASK!?what is the political and ECONOMIC HINDRANCE to such a REVELATION!?hehe!!......just askin....

Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    so for some unknown REASON i just decide to watch STAR WARS 3 or 1 if you prefer and low and behold all the fears and anticipations of the fiture of science and humanity are revealed as if a time warp of story is provided like a new revelation by current anticipations to the future revealed!?did that make sense!?but then......we see in this SAGA the battle between humanity and that other force,call it evil,or negligence,or the forgotten,or the allowed to defect,or whatever!?and dont forget the MACHINE factor of rescue!?how did that TURN out!?hehe!!enjoy and be REMINDED of the present and it's IMPLICATIONS FOR!?.......DUH!?.......and then again...just a-relax in the relaxin of forgiveness and it's PROPOGATION and all is well!?WHO KNEW!?NOT ME!?I HATE IT?!hehe!!.....just askin....
    I usually "get" most of your posts, and I was with you until "enjoy and be REMINDED of the present and it's IMPLICATIONS FOR!?.......DUH!?.......and then again...just a-relax in the relaxin of forgiveness and it's PROPOGATION and all is well!?WHO KNEW!?NOT ME!?"

I know you rarely respond to questions. So if you don't, I won't be offended (wouldn't be regardless), but please explain?

No.

My theory is anything scientists discover would simply be adapted into your beliefs. You would then reinterpret your texts to encompass the new data. Because we cannot ever prove the non existence of God, God is the ultimate trump card

Example

Obviously.
    Click both daily for an easy & FREE way to help care for the needy:
    The Animal Rescue Site/charity
    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...faces?siteId=3
    The Rainforest Site/charity
    http://www.therainforestsite.com/cli...gin=Sister_ars

Quote Originally Posted by HotParadox
    No.

Obviously.
    It's just too easy, isn't it? :)