+ Reply to Thread

Pervert gets a slap on the hand

http://hjnews.townnews.com/articles/...t#blogcomments

So I regularly check the news for my region including Salt Lake City, Ogden, Brigham City, and Logan (I live in none of these cities) and came across this story:

Ex-teacher, LDS leader pleads guilty to lewdness
    By Aaron Falk

A former LDS Church bishop and retired Mountain Crest High School teacher pleaded guilty to two counts of lewdness Wednesday.

Richard Lamb, a 62-year-old Hyde Park man, pleaded guilty to two of the five misdemeanor charges that arose from allegations that he engaged in inappropriate activities last year when he took two 15-year-old boys to his cabin near Hardware Ranch.

According to court documents, Lamb and the victims rode snowmobiles in the nude and used a sauna in the nude.

The lewdness charge involved Lamb “showering ... and standing in close proximity to the young men and drying off,” Deputy Cache County Attorney Barbara Lachmar said.

During an Aug. 24 interview with detectives, however, Lamb said he didn’t feel the alleged incident was anything that “made anyone feel uncomfortable.”

Lamb also allegedly poked the boys repeatedly with a foot-long “wooden penis,” Lachmar said.

According to Sheriff’s reports, both Lamb and the victims said that Lamb did not touch the boys inappropriately during the cabin trip, which happened between January and May of 2006.

A jury trial was set for March, but attorneys in the case were able to reach a plea agreement prior to Wednesday’s final pre-trial date.

In a deal with prosecutors, Lamb did not receive jail time and could have the charges dismissed upon successful completion of his plea in abeyance terms.

As part of the agreement, Lamb would have to undergo a psychosexual evaluation and complete recommended treatment.

He was also ordered to avoid unsupervised contact with children under the age of 18, and to write letters of apology to the victims.

Lachmar told the court that the plea in abeyance was offered to Lamb out of concern for the privacy of the victims.

Wednesday, Lamb declined comment to The Herald Journal concerning the case’s outcome.

He served as bishop of a Hyde Park LDS ward from 1991 until 1997, reports state. When he was first interviewed by police in August he was reportedly serving as a high councilor in a singles ward.

Lamb was employed as a German language teacher at Mountain Crest on the first day of school, Aug. 24, 2006 — the same day he was interviewed by detectives. The next day, Cache County School District placed Lamb on administrative leave. He retired a week later.

———

To say the least, I'm completely disgusted that this man did not get a worse punishment.

Re: Pervert gets a slap on the hand

While I am all for the violent death of child molesters, this seems to fall into a grey area, doesn't it? A charge of lewdness on a 60 year old with no priors would rarely lead to jail time, I think. Is it a felony, even? Sounds like this guy was trying to get some, but without imposing. He wanted volunteers.

Ya, but with two 15 year old males. He only got the charge of lewdness because he agreed to plea guilty and stop it from going to court. So you don't think that this man, who did sick things with 15 year old teenagers, should get jail time and a harsher charge?

Quote Originally Posted by lisan23
    To say the least, I'm completely disgusted that this man did not get a worse punishment.
    Hi lisan,

I can understand your disgust... But my guess is these two boys did not want to appear in court for a the trial - Ya really can't blame them, can you? I mean they're 15 years old - can you imagine the harrassment they would face from other kids?

Anyway, without the boys to testify, the prosecution doesn't have a whole lot to go on. So they have no choice but to get the best deal they can, which in cases like this, is very rarely anywhere close to what the perp deserves.

It sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    While I am all for the violent death of child molesters, this seems to fall into a grey area, doesn't it? A charge of lewdness on a 60 year old with no priors would rarely lead to jail time, I think. Is it a felony, even? Sounds like this guy was trying to get some, but without imposing. He wanted volunteers.
    What's up with you, pwrone??... I would expect you to be livid towards this guy and ready to hang him by his balls! :confused: :confused:

Are you one of the liberal degenerates that you spew about? Can anyone say "split personality"?

Oh wait, he was an AMERICAN pervert, so that makes it okay, right? Better yet, a church bishop pervert, so that makes it even more okay?
    "Science is evidence without proof. Creationism is proof without evidence."

TheWorker Guest

i kinda of agree, while this is "wrong" from a an overall picture simply because of the boys ages, the poking with a wooden penis thing is more humorous than criminal...

TheWorker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lisan23
    Ya, but with two 15 year old males. He only got the charge of lewdness because he agreed to plea guilty and stop it from going to court. So you don't think that this man, who did sick things with 15 year old teenagers, should get jail time and a harsher charge?
    riding snowmobiles in the nude sounds like a heck of a lot of fun to me...

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorker
    riding snowmobiles in the nude sounds like a heck of a lot of fun to me...
    With 2 fifteen year old boys? Zoweeeeeeee!
    "Science is evidence without proof. Creationism is proof without evidence."

TheWorker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Leeguana
    With 2 fifteen year old boys? Zoweeeeeeee!
    no, not that part...at all....

but if you were with females or even yourself it would be quite refreshing i bet...