+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who Is Michael The Archangel?

Some food for thought? Who do you say 'Who is Michael the Archangel?"

All comments and opinions are welcome, and respected!

UNVEILING BIBLICAL TRUTHS - VOLUME II UNVEILING BIBLICAL TRUTHS - VOLUME I
    Last edited by Emerantia; 02-14-2007 at 03:32 PM. Reason: afterthought
    "Hunger ye not after the unattainable, lest the hidden beauty and mysterious wonders of the 'real' life's simplicities that lay already within your grasp, should also elude you in your fruitless endeavors!'
    Extract from Quotable Sentiments by Emerantia Parnall-Gilbert Copyright C2005 All Rights Reserved

Re: Who Is Michael The Archangel?

[/QUOTE][/B]WHAT is Michael the Archangel[QUOTE][B]

[/B]WHAT is Michael the Archangel
    [B]

good thought!
    :)
    "Hunger ye not after the unattainable, lest the hidden beauty and mysterious wonders of the 'real' life's simplicities that lay already within your grasp, should also elude you in your fruitless endeavors!'
    Extract from Quotable Sentiments by Emerantia Parnall-Gilbert Copyright C2005 All Rights Reserved

He was a Zoroastrian sacred myth, then the Jews nicked him, then the Christians, then Islam, too, I think.

Word got around, obviously :D

Michael? Don't know. Maybe he is a fan of Archangel. :D

Archangel:

Archangel truly began in 1965, when brothers John and Robert Flomer started noodling on guitars. By the 1970 they had formed a semi-surf rock cover band "U.S. Pipe" named after the imprint on a section of sewer pipe at a construction site where they had stolen plywood to build speaker cabinets. The name was perfect (because they had, by now, discovered marijuana) and the hippies loved them!

"At some point during the reign of U.S. Pipe (1970-71) we must've been visited by aliens (you know, the ones from outer space) because the music changed, as did the name of the band. We were now "Archangel" (not to be confused with several really "pop" Archangels that emerged from "who-knows-where" after that) and we were making a name for ourselves!"

After renaming the band, and reforming the line-up with Mark Gallagher on Vocals, Doug Paulson on Guitar, and (a then unknown) Yanni on keyboards, they set their sights to the west, and moved to Los Angeles in 1973.

"Working all over the LA area, they met a lot of music industry heavy weights. At one point Archangel was in negotiations with Herb Cohen, Frank Zappa's manager. Although Cohen showed extreme interest in "Archangel", he was so busy with Zappa's affairs that nothing other than talk ever came out of it. Finally, recording some material and continuing to play in LA venues, the group believed they were making progress. Unfortunately most of the "big-wig" record executives felt the group was way ahead of it's time and therefore hard to promote. Some exec's even suggested the band would do better to wait for 6 or 7 years until an up and coming new format "Video" could jump start them. Feeling they needed to be seen to be promoted properly record exec's told them this new medium could be the avenue that would launch the group into stardom. The problem with this for "Archangel" was how to survive for that long of a time period without breaking up." According to John, one producer told them to give him a call in 25 years. Here we are (and then some).

In late 1973, after recieving less than satisfying results in LA, the band drifted apart and moved back to Minneapolis, surviving a short-lived strong point of fame in the midwest, but ending in several more watered down reincarnations. In '77 Gallagher moved back to Minneapolis from Chicago, but by then Archangel was a cover band in bars playing "Cat Scratch Feverrrrrr", or how about....."put your hand into my pocket and grab on to my rocket..."

By the end of the decade, John Flomer was the only original member and the band had lost all the feeling and potential that it once had. In 1980 Flomer quit the band, sold his guitars, purchased a keyboard, a four-track recorder, and started from the bottom, trying to unleash the music languishing among the wreckage in his head.

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexKid
    He was a Zoroastrian sacred myth, then the Jews nicked him, then the Christians, then Islam, too, I think.

Word got around, obviously :D

Hi!
    Cute!
    ;)

Quote Originally Posted by 6seven8
    Michael? Don't know. Maybe he is a fan of Archangel. :D

Archangel:

Archangel truly began in 1965, when brothers John and Robert Flomer started noodling on guitars. By the 1970 they had formed a semi-surf rock cover band "U.S. Pipe" named after the imprint on a section of sewer pipe at a construction site where they had stolen plywood to build speaker cabinets. The name was perfect (because they had, by now, discovered marijuana) and the hippies loved them!

"At some point during the reign of U.S. Pipe (1970-71) we must've been visited by aliens (you know, the ones from outer space) because the music changed, as did the name of the band. We were now "Archangel" (not to be confused with several really "pop" Archangels that emerged from "who-knows-where" after that) and we were making a name for ourselves!"

After renaming the band, and reforming the line-up with Mark Gallagher on Vocals, Doug Paulson on Guitar, and (a then unknown) Yanni on keyboards, they set their sights to the west, and moved to Los Angeles in 1973.

"Working all over the LA area, they met a lot of music industry heavy weights. At one point Archangel was in negotiations with Herb Cohen, Frank Zappa's manager. Although Cohen showed extreme interest in "Archangel", he was so busy with Zappa's affairs that nothing other than talk ever came out of it. Finally, recording some material and continuing to play in LA venues, the group believed they were making progress. Unfortunately most of the "big-wig" record executives felt the group was way ahead of it's time and therefore hard to promote. Some exec's even suggested the band would do better to wait for 6 or 7 years until an up and coming new format "Video" could jump start them. Feeling they needed to be seen to be promoted properly record exec's told them this new medium could be the avenue that would launch the group into stardom. The problem with this for "Archangel" was how to survive for that long of a time period without breaking up." According to John, one producer told them to give him a call in 25 years. Here we are (and then some).

In late 1973, after recieving less than satisfying results in LA, the band drifted apart and moved back to Minneapolis, surviving a short-lived strong point of fame in the midwest, but ending in several more watered down reincarnations. In '77 Gallagher moved back to Minneapolis from Chicago, but by then Archangel was a cover band in bars playing "Cat Scratch Feverrrrrr", or how about....."put your hand into my pocket and grab on to my rocket..."

By the end of the decade, John Flomer was the only original member and the band had lost all the feeling and potential that it once had. In 1980 Flomer quit the band, sold his guitars, purchased a keyboard, a four-track recorder, and started from the bottom, trying to unleash the music languishing among the wreckage in his head.

Hmm! Verrrrry interrresting!!!

Sounds like you're well clued up on those things? Wonder sometimes what happened to these popstars. Some just seemed to have faded away into obscurity. I s'pose you play the cords? Do a bit myself too.

But just want to mention too - that you must have missed the links below LOL!

UNVEILING BIBLICAL TRUTHS - VOLUME I UNVEILING BIBLICAL
    TRUTHS - VOLUME II

Or perhaps, maybe not? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Emerantia
    But just want to mention too - that you must have missed the links below LOL!

UNVEILING BIBLICAL TRUTHS - VOLUME I UNVEILING BIBLICAL
    TRUTHS - VOLUME II

Or perhaps, maybe not? :)
    The links I have not missed. I have just found it to be a tedious and boring task to read through the pages after following those links.

Maybe if you linked it like this, I would have read it all: :D

Free Ice Cold Beer Served By Beautiful Ladies Wearing Peekaboo Bikinis

Make Your Own Beer At Home

Now that ^^^ is something I will more likely read.

Quote Originally Posted by 6seven8
    The links I have not missed. I have just found it to be a tedious and boring task to read through the pages after following those links.

Maybe if you linked it like this, I would have read it all: :D

Free Ice Cold Beer Served By Beautiful Ladies Wearing Peekaboo Bikinis

Make Your Own Beer At Home

Now that ^^^ is something I will more likely read.

hahahahahah! Yes, I see your point! Hmm! But that would be like 'entrapment' - or false and misleading advertising. Like, when you dial one of those accommodating ladies with a super sultry sexy voice.....until you meet up with the real thing? Nah! I think I will stick with 'you get what you see', pure and simple. If, somewhat ad tedium.

best wishes
    E. :D
    Last edited by Emerantia; 02-17-2007 at 02:13 PM.

Em, really and truly, the first reference we have to angels and archangels is in Zoroastrianism. Judaism picked it up during the Babylonian captivity, and that's how they got grafted into Abrahamic religions.

That doesn't mean it's bad. Huge chunks of Judaism were lifted from other cultures, then Christians lifted a tiny, tiny, bit of Judaism and a lot of Levant saviour-god mythology.

It's how they make religions--always has been. Which doesn't mean the religion in question is invalid.

how about......what IS an ARCHangel anywho!?hehe!!...........just askin....

SAINT MICHAEL,
    the Archangel,

defend us in battle,
    be our defense against the wickedness
    and snares of the devil.

May God rebuke him,
    we humbly pray;
    and do thou,
    O Prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into Hell Satan
    and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world
    for the ruin of souls.
    Amen.

Some bits and pieces:

St. Michael also guards the body of Eve, according to the "Revelation of Moses" ("Apocryphal Gospels", etc., ed. A. Walker, Edinburgh, p. 647).

The Christians of Egypt placed their life-giving river, the Nile under the protection of St. Michael (where Moses was found.)

He is often depicted with a sword...

Name means one who is "like God."

According to the Book of Revelations, Michael and his angels' are described as fighting the dragon and his angels. Hence Michael is often shown fighting or overcoming a dragon armed with spear or sword as God's Warrior. Holy Scripture describes St. Michael as "one of the chief princes," and as leader of the forces of heaven in their triumph over the powers of hell.

First defender of Jesus Christ in his Sacred Humanity and of the Blessed Virgin Mary in the Mystery of the Incarnation.
    Associated with the miracles manifesting the almighty power of God with the Blessed Virgin Mary . ( Daniel 10:12 ; 12:1 ; Apoc. 12:7 )

Quote Originally Posted by Emerantia
    Nah! I think I will stick with 'you get what you see', pure and simple
    I agree you get what you see BUT I do not agree with the pure and simple part.
    I have read your blog.
    My question: Where is Michael now? I do not see Michael...

He is Adam, the first man. He helped Christ make the world we live on! Well, at least he was there.

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexKid
    Em, really and truly, the first reference we have to angels and archangels is in Zoroastrianism. Judaism picked it up during the Babylonian captivity, and that's how they got grafted into Abrahamic religions.

That doesn't mean it's bad. Huge chunks of Judaism were lifted from other cultures, then Christians lifted a tiny, tiny, bit of Judaism and a lot of Levant saviour-god mythology.

It's how they make religions--always has been. Which doesn't mean the religion in question is invalid.

Hi CK
    Zoroastrianism- I can see the parallels and correlations than run alongside the Judaic system of ancient monotheistic belief in zoroastrianism. But I know which one came first! I can all detect your philosophical angling too though! LOL!
    :D

Quote Originally Posted by Worried_in_the_USA
    He is Adam, the first man. He helped Christ make the world we live on! Well, at least he was there.

Hi worried in the USA

I am worried in New Zealand when I try to wrap my mind around your quote LOL!

All jesting aside - I can tell that you did'nt take time out to read my Blog on the section called (Who is Michael The Archangel). Because there you will find the answer clearly, as to who Michael REALLY is. Though many may disagree with this thought perhaps, if the quoted scriptural passages are followed with understanding and true discernment you will find enlightenment and a lot easier to accept.

Best wishes
    Emma