+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 110

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,457

    I can prove Jesus sinned

    (God speaking to the Israelites through Moses, giving him holy law)
    Be careful to do everything I have said to you. Do not invoke the names of other gods; do not let them be heard on your lips.
    Exodus 23:13

    (Jesus speaking to Simon Peter)
    And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.
    Matthew 16:18

    Jesus just let the name of a god of the underworld from Greek mythology be heard on his lips. Oops.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,505

    Re: I can prove Jesus sinned

    But is the word Hades used in the origional Greek? Aramic? Hebrew?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,457

    Re: I can prove Jesus sinned

    I understand that the book of Matthew is written in Greek. I'm going to confirm it this Sunday when I go to my girlfriend's house. Her dad is skilled in using a Bible that translates the original Greek word for word.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The beautiful south!
    Posts
    3,046

    Re: I can prove Jesus sinned

    And the point of the thread is what.......? :confused:

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,457

    Re: I can prove Jesus sinned

    Because Christianity is a huge driving force on a variety of issues - gay marriage, abortion, stem cell research, and so on. I'm amazed you don't know that.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,215

    Re: I can prove Jesus sinned

    Not only did he sin, I think he even duped a few lost souls . . .

    "Science is evidence without proof. Creationism is proof without evidence."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    26,309

    Re: I can prove Jesus sinned

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    (God speaking to the Israelites through Moses, giving him holy law)
    Be careful to do everything I have said to you. Do not invoke the names of other gods; do not let them be heard on your lips.
    Exodus 23:13

    (Jesus speaking to Simon Peter)
    And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.
    Matthew 16:18

    Jesus just let the name of a god of the underworld from Greek mythology be heard on his lips. Oops.
    sorry!?i dont see your claim at all!?want to specifically point it out!?i mean how can a god have gates!?heaven has gates,hell has gates,etc!?i'm sure i could find more of this type of stuff than you!?ya got me all excited fer nuthin!?hehe!!...just askin...
    Last edited by lexx; 02-14-2007 at 09:41 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,505

    Re: I can prove Jesus sinned

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    I understand that the book of Matthew is written in Greek. I'm going to confirm it this Sunday when I go to my girlfriend's house. Her dad is skilled in using a Bible that translates the original Greek word for word.
    You are correct. The New Testament we have was written in Greek. But Jesus spoke in Aramaic. So he never used the word Hades. The translater into Greek did.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,457

    Re: I can prove Jesus sinned

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawud
    You are correct. The New Testament we have was written in Greek. But Jesus spoke in Aramaic. So he never used the word Hades. The translater into Greek did.
    But that still doesn't absolve Jesus, because Christians claim the Bible is the inspired word of God. So if God (remember, that Christians believe Jesus is God) inspired Matthew to write this word, Jesus is still in a pickle.
    Last edited by Ronald; 02-14-2007 at 09:49 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The beautiful south!
    Posts
    3,046

    Re: I can prove Jesus sinned

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    Because Christianity is a huge driving force on a variety of issues - gay marriage, abortion, stem cell research, and so on. I'm amazed you don't know that.
    Yes, Ronald, I do know that but what does the discussion about whether or
    not Jesus did anything "human" seems pointless.
    But, debate away....Ill go somewhere else.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,457

    Re: I can prove Jesus sinned

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    sorry!?i dont see your claim at all!?want to specifically point it out!?i mean how can a god have gates!?heaven has gates,hell has gates,etc!?i'm sure i could find more of this type of stuff than you!?ya got me all excited fer nuthin!?hehe!!...just askin...
    Yes, Hades is a mythical place as well as a mythical God, but the point is he can't mention the name of a pagan God because it breaks Old Testament law. He's quoted as mentioning his name, here.

    Besides, Hades doesn't exist according to Christians. It's a term from Greek mythology. Why would God then use the term?
    Last edited by Ronald; 02-14-2007 at 09:54 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,215

    Re: I can prove Jesus sinned

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    Yes, Hades is a mythical place as well as a mythical God, but the point is he can't mention the name of a pagan God because it breaks Old Testament law. He's quoted as mentioning his name, here.

    Besides, Hades doesn't exist according to Christians. It's a term from Greek mythology. Why would God then use the term?
    Did it ever occur to you that God, or Jesus, or whoever, DID NOT WRITE A SINGLE WORD OF ANY BIBLE?
    "Science is evidence without proof. Creationism is proof without evidence."

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,457

    Re: I can prove Jesus sinned

    Quote Originally Posted by Leeguana
    Did it ever occur to you that God, or Jesus, or whoever, DID NOT WRITE A SINGLE WORD OF ANY BIBLE?
    From a Christian perspective, every book in the Bible is supposedly the inspired word of God. Though it was Matthew's hand, supposedly a miracle by God caused all these amazing words to flow out of their hands.

    From a non-Christian perspective, you can decide it's all lies without even reading a page.

    But from the perspective of a believer, who has read the Bible, how do you explain this? I'm not asking you, but how does a Christian explain why there is the name of mythological pagan place/God in the Bible, mentioned 5 times, as if it was true?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,215

    Re: I can prove Jesus sinned

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    From a Christian perspective, every book in the Bible is supposedly the inspired word of God. Though it was Matthew's hand, supposedly a miracle by God caused all these amazing words to flow out of their hands.

    From a non-Christian perspective, you can decide it's all lies without even reading a page.

    But from the perspective of a believer, who has read the Bible, how do you explain this? I'm not asking you, but how does a Christian explain why there is the name of mythological pagan place/God in the Bible, mentioned 5 times, as if it was true?
    I know you're not asking me, and I know very little of the bible, but isn't hades synonymous with hell?
    "Science is evidence without proof. Creationism is proof without evidence."

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,215

    Re: I can prove Jesus sinned

    Quote Originally Posted by Leeguana
    I know you're not asking me, and I know very little of the bible, but isn't hades synonymous with hell?
    Nevermind, I looked it up. Good luck getting to the bottom of this one ;) .
    "Science is evidence without proof. Creationism is proof without evidence."

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,457

    Re: I can prove Jesus sinned

    The explanation believers offer is that the Jewish word sheol, which means grave for spirits, was replaced by the word Hades when the Greek script was wrote. And since, as Dawud pointed out, Jesus could not have said Hades since that was a Greek word and he spoke Aramaic, then that Jesus did not sin. He must have said sheol, and someone translating the Bible must have blundered while writing it in Greek, or some such thing.

    The problem is that Jesus says the "GATES of Hades". Sheol doesn't have gates. It's a grave. Hades, on the other hand, does have gates. So Jesus would have had to have meant Hades.

Similar Threads

  1. I will prove 911 has nothing to do with Muslims
    By rodin in forum Conspiracy Theories
    Replies: 461
    Last Post: 06-26-2012, 03:35 AM
  2. I will prove 7/7 was a set-up
    By rodin in forum Conspiracy Theories
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-30-2011, 07:32 AM
  3. Who’s who? And prove it, too
    By SnappyDan in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-21-2010, 11:17 AM
  4. prove it or clam up
    By Old Timer in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 09:23 AM
  5. I can prove Jesus sinned
    By Ronald in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-14-2007, 11:59 AM

Tags for this Thread

Add / Edit Tags
???, account, address, admit, admitted, agendas, agree, aid, aka, ale, alleged, amendment, appears, attempts, authority, automatic, believers, biggest, bin, bitch, blame, blood, body, books, bow, build, building, bunch, careful, catch, catholic, caused, ceremony, change, chapters, children, chris, christmas, church, class, close, coming, complete, compliance, corruption, counterfeit, credible, credit, dark, darkness, david, day, dead, declared, defeat, destroyed, devil, differently, diversity, doesn, dont, duped, dying, egypt, ells, england, european, exceptions, extended, faced, fec, federal, fidel, find, focus, folks, friday, gay, god, green, guys, haid, hands, hats, heaven, held, helped, holds, huge, huma, human, images, imagine, implant, important, incredible, individuals, instructed, issues, jesus, john, law, lawbreaking, learn, lessons, lexx, liberal, line, lis, lisa, loan, lol, long, loves, luke, mankind, marcus, martin, matthew, mea, meet, mess, millions, mind, misinformation, monday, money, monster, moon, muslim, mystery, named, nations, natural, nature, noble, numbers, office, ongoing, oops, ordered, owner, part, passed, pays, person, peter, pos, post, posted, power, presiden, protection, protects, proves, punishment, race, raising, random, real, reality, reason, recorded, red, release, research, respect, response, responsible, risk, role, rome, roy, saints, salvation, saturn, scam, scam.com, scary, script, selecting, selling, serve, services, severe, sharing, shooting, shouldn, shows, son, sons, soo, specifically, spin, spreading, starts, stuff, stupid, subs, sun, super, systems, taken, talking, tells, temple, thinks, thursday, times, told, total, totally, transparent, tribute, truth, type, verification, version, victory, vox, wanted, war, wash, weak, won, working, wow, writing, york, youtube

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •