+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 20

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,803

    Missing thread(s)

    Has anyone noticed the absence of a few threads ? I know of one for certain.
    franKg - "Since God was ok with Moses, Joshua and David burning cities to the ground and killing all the civilians I think he would be ok with us splashing a little water on some terrorists."

    Dr poormouth - "Exackly;
    It's not "waterboarding", it's "extraordinary baptism""

    Quote Originally Posted by carlbenator
    As discussed in a previous thread, this IRRATIONAL HATRED for the Jews and their RIGHT to SURVIVE is one of the many PROOFS of a God, AND a Devil.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,457

    Re: Missing thread(s)

    Which one?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    656

    Re: Missing thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Americanadian
    Has anyone noticed the absence of a few threads ? I know of one for certain.
    Do you mean the one where a certain, nameless, over-zealous member said it was time to close the ballot box and open the ammuniton box? (or something to that effect) Quite irresponsible, really, when you consider what he recently posted!! (something about G Washington and why we shouldn't use methods other than constitutionally legal ones to remove ....oh, here it is..

    "If, in the opinion of the people, the distribution or modification of the constitutional powers be in any particular wrong, let it be corrected by an amendment in the way which the Constitution designates. But let there be no change by usurpation; for though this, in one instance, may be the instrument of good, it is the customary weapon by which free governments are destroyed. The precedent must always greatly overbalance in permanent evil any partial or transient benefit which the use can at any time yield."- George Washington

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    97

    Re: Missing thread(s)

    maybe the CIA kidnapped them and sent them to an eastern europe country like kazakstan or uzbekistan, maybe their in an illegal prison somewhere payed for by your taxes, on some trumped up imaginary charge.

    i hear the U.S has been doing this latly in their imaginary war on terror...?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,866

    Re: Missing thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by catch-22
    Do you mean the one where a certain, nameless, over-zealous member said it was time to close the ballot box and open the ammuniton box? (or something to that effect) Quite irresponsible, really, when you consider what he recently posted!! (something about G Washington and why we shouldn't use methods other than constitutionally legal ones to remove ....oh, here it is..

    "If, in the opinion of the people, the distribution or modification of the constitutional powers be in any particular wrong, let it be corrected by an amendment in the way which the Constitution designates. But let there be no change by usurpation; for though this, in one instance, may be the instrument of good, it is the customary weapon by which free governments are destroyed. The precedent must always greatly overbalance in permanent evil any partial or transient benefit which the use can at any time yield."- George Washington
    We still have that one.

    .

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: Missing thread(s)

    I don't know about missing threads, but I have been noticing something very odd since we last got back online here...

    Ya know, at the bottom of the monitor, where it shows things like:

    please wait... site xyz being contacted
    opening page
    done

    all that stuff.

    When I have responded to some of the threads in this political forum, I've noticed different things at the bottom of the page when I hit submit post...

    I have seen names other than scam.com flash by as the site is being found - I've seen the word israel a few times - scamclub a few times - and something that was just a bunch of numbers and letters that didn't mean anything to me. It's like the page I am posting is passing thru these other sites before it finally reaches scam.com and posts to the thread??

    I have also noticed it a couple of times when I go back to another page or thread...

    Am I making any sense? It's kinda hard to explain because it all happen very quickly.

    Anybody else noticing this? know what this means? if anything??

    I started scanning my comp for viruses when I first saw the israel thing, but all is fine. I've seen this stuff on a daily basis ever since this forum came back to life the last time.... ???

    Don't know if it's worth mentioning or not... :confused:
    Last edited by Connecticut Victim; 02-13-2007 at 07:23 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,222

    Re: Missing thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by j*man
    maybe the CIA kidnapped them and sent them to an eastern europe country like kazakstan or uzbekistan, maybe their in an illegal prison somewhere payed for by your taxes, on some trumped up imaginary charge.

    i hear the U.S has been doing this latly in their imaginary war on terror...?
    You're probably right about that one j*man. That must be the reason that the US won't sign the treaty that bans secret detention.

    U.S. doesn't sign ban on disappearances

    By JAMEY KEATEN, Associated Press WriterTue Feb 6, 9:28 PM ET

    Nearly 60 countries signed a treaty on Tuesday that bans governments from holding people in secret detention, but the United States and some of its key European allies were not among them.

    The signing capped a quarter-century of efforts by families of people who have vanished at the hands of governments.

    "Our American friends were naturally invited to this ceremony; unfortunately, they weren't able to join us," French Foreign Minister Philippe Douste-Blazy told reporters after 57 nations signed the treaty at his ministry in Paris.

    "That won't prevent them from one day signing on in New York at U.N. headquarters — and I hope they will."

    State Department spokesman Sean McCormack declined comment except to say that the United States helped draft the treaty, but that the final text "did not meet our expectations."

    McCormack declined comment on whether the U.S. stance was influenced by the administration's policy of sending terrorism suspects to CIA-run prisons overseas, which Bush acknowledged in September.

    Many other Western nations, including Germany, Spain, Britain and Italy, also did not sign the treaty. France introduced the convention at the U.N. General Assembly in November and it was adopted in December.

    Many delegates expressed hope that other nations will sign by year-end. Some European nations have expressed support for the treaty, but face constitutional hurdles or require a full Cabinet debate before signing, French and U.N. officials said.

    The treaty was officially opened for signature at Tuesday's ceremony in Paris. It will enter into force after 20 countries ratify it, usually by a parliamentary vote.

    U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights Louise Arbour called the treaty an important step both in preventing injustices common years ago and barring newer abuses that often fall through regulatory loopholes.

    Arbour said the United States had expressed "reservations" about parts of the text, but declined to elaborate, and she urged U.S. officials to sign and ratify it. She noted that America often backs activities of the UNHCR without formally signing on to them.

    She called the treaty "a message to all modern-day authorities committed to the fight against terrorism" that some past tactics are now "not acceptable, in a very explicit way."

    The convention defines forced disappearances as the arrest, detention, kidnapping or "any other form of deprivation of freedom" by state agents or affiliates, followed by denials or cover-ups about the detention and location of the person gone missing.

    Nations that eventually ratify the text would enshrine victims' rights, and would require states to penalize any forced disappearances in their countries and enact preventative and monitoring measures.

    French officials, who led the effort, counted more than 51,000 people who were disappeared by their governments in over 90 countries since 1980, Douste-Blazy said. Some 41,000 of those cases remain unsolved.

    "Men and women disappear every day on every continent, for defending human rights, for just opposing their governments' policies or simply because they want justice," Douste-Blazy said. "The situation could not continue to go unpunished. It required a strong response from the international community."

    Latin American states like Argentina, once plagued by disappearances, are now owning up to much of the violence that left hundreds of thousands dead or disappeared in the 1970s and 1980s. Disappearances were also a common Nazi tactic in World War II.

    Argentina's first lady, lawmaker Cristina Kirchner, took part in the signing. She was in Paris in an effort to raise her profile before a potential presidential bid.

    Copyright © 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.
    Copyright © 2007 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.

  8. #8
    TheWorker Guest

    Re: Missing thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Connecticut Victim

    I started scanning my comp for viruses when I first saw the israel thing, but all is fine. I've seen this stuff on a daily basis ever since this forum came back to life the last time.... ???

    Don't know if it's worth mentioning or not... :confused:
    duh, its the zionists monitoring your posts for anti-isreal comments...

    you better watch it, or your house will be bombed by the hagganah!!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,457

    Re: Missing thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorker
    duh, its the zionists monitoring your posts for anti-isreal comments...

    you better watch it, or your house will be bombed by the hagganah!!!
    I know you are using sarcasm, but actually, the intelligence gathered by Israel is astounding, far beyond what you'd expect a little country like that to do. You might want to look into a company named Amdocs.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    656

    Re: Missing thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    We still have that one.

    .
    Oh, good!
    I went back to the beginning of Feb, but could'nt find it!
    Never mind. I made my point.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    656

    Re: Missing thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Connecticut Victim
    I don't know about missing threads, but I have been noticing something very odd since we last got back online here...

    Ya know, at the bottom of the monitor, where it shows things like:

    please wait... site xyz being contacted
    opening page
    done

    all that stuff.

    When I have responded to some of the threads in this political forum, I've noticed different things at the bottom of the page when I hit submit post...

    I have seen names other than scam.com flash by as the site is being found - I've seen the word israel a few times - scamclub a few times - and something that was just a bunch of numbers and letters that didn't mean anything to me. It's like the page I am posting is passing thru these other sites before it finally reaches scam.com and posts to the thread??

    I have also noticed it a couple of times when I go back to another page or thread...

    Am I making any sense? It's kinda hard to explain because it all happen very quickly.

    Anybody else noticing this? know what this means? if anything??

    I started scanning my comp for viruses when I first saw the israel thing, but all is fine. I've seen this stuff on a daily basis ever since this forum came back to life the last time.... ???:)

    Don't know if it's worth mentioning or not... :confused:
    You'll probably find it's just running the scripts from the googlesyndication pageads. The script decides which ads to load, depending on the content of the thread, or at least the keywords of the page. That's why the ads seem to relate to the theme of the thread. Nothing to worry about.:)

    Does it look sort of like this?
    "
    "
    "
    "
    V
    Last edited by catch-22; 11-07-2007 at 06:41 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: Missing thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by catch-22
    You'll probably find it's just running the scripts from the googlesyndication pageads. The script decides which ads to load, depending on the content of the thread, or at least the keywords of the page. That's why the ads seem to relate to the theme of the thread. Nothing to worry about.:)
    Thanks for the info 22 :)

    I'm not worried about it. I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed it or knew what it is - it only seems peculiar to me because I don't recall ever seeing it before the last time this forum crashed.

    My comp was attacked a couple of years ago by someone from a company I was fighting with here on scam. That's why I ran the virus program - just to check!!

    Does it look sort of like this?
    "
    "
    "
    "
    V
    Yes - sort of.

    israel or scamclub appears where your example reads "googlesydication" and neither one of those has all the letters or numbers - they are both very short.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: Missing thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorker
    duh, its the zionists monitoring your posts for anti-isreal comments...

    you better watch it, or your house will be bombed by the hagganah!!!
    "BRING IT ON" .... :D

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: Missing thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    I know you are using sarcasm, but actually, the intelligence gathered by Israel is astounding, far beyond what you'd expect a little country like that to do. You might want to look into a company named Amdocs.

    Ronald,

    Unbelievable. Do you know how old is this video?

    Worth watching for any of you who have not.


    GRIM

    I would like for you to watch this - ALL of it - keeping in mind that it's your beloved FOX NEWS that's doing the reporting.

    I'm interested to see what you have to say about Israel after you see what they're doing to the U.S..

  15. #15
    TheWorker Guest

    Re: Missing thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by catch-22
    You'll probably find it's just running the scripts from the googlesyndication pageads. The script decides which ads to load, depending on the content of the thread, or at least the keywords of the page. That's why the ads seem to relate to the theme of the thread. Nothing to worry about.:)

    Does it look sort of like this?
    "
    "
    "
    "
    V
    understood...

  16. #16
    TheWorker Guest

    Re: Missing thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    I know you are using sarcasm, but actually, the intelligence gathered by Israel is astounding, far beyond what you'd expect a little country like that to do. You might want to look into a company named Amdocs.

    who can stop the almighty israelis?!?!?!?

Similar Threads

  1. Missing Thread?
    By Yeah Well Fine Then in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 03:19 AM
  2. What am I missing here????????????
    By nomass in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 06:12 AM
  3. Missing Thread
    By coontie in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 09:23 PM
  4. if your thread or replies are missing...
    By venom88 in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-19-2006, 01:55 AM
  5. if your thread or replies are missing...
    By venom88 in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-15-2006, 05:42 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •