+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What Makes People React To, Or Ignore Hate Speech?

I hope to get some answers from those of you this thread applies to, but I fear that most aren't capable of dealing with their actions, or lack there of...

A few questions:

Why is it, that when DieChrist called for the killing of every man, woman and child in Israel by way of a nuclear attack, very few of you said one word?

Why is it that when he again, a few months later, called for the genocide of all the Jews in Israel for a second time, so few thought this was vile enough to rebuke?

How come when he said that anyone in the United States who supports the President, should be shot by firing squad and their families charged for the cost of the bullet, this didn't seem hateful enough for anyone to comment on?

Could anyone explain to me, why it took him insulting Ronster's tribute thread to his deceased cat, before people finally decided to voice their disdain for this demented and undoubtedly dangerous individual?

And finally, how come many of the more senior members on this board (including the moderators) still allow their ideological similarities to take precedence and ignore the hateful, murderous rantings of this madman?

I think Clown Hunter nailed it on Ronster's tribute thread, when he said:

"it seems near impossible that somebody (dchristie) could be so hateful all of the time... In every group somebody has to be the jackass."

And catch-22 offered the best advice when he said:

"He is only here to cause pain....Nothing more! Move on, dchristie. You just crossed the line......no one should have to put up with your type of sickness."

Re: What Makes People React To, Or Ignore Hate Speech?

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    I hope to get some answers from those of you this thread applies to, but I fear that most aren't capable of dealing with their actions, or lack there of...

A few questions:

Why is it, that when DieChrist called for the killing of every man, woman and child in Israel by way of a nuclear attack, very few of you said one word?
    Didn't take it literally.

Why is it that when he again, a few months later, called for the genocide of all the Jews in Israel for a second time, so few thought this was vile enough to rebuke?
    Again, didn't take it literally.

How come when he said that anyone in the United States who supports the President, should be shot by firing squad and their families charged for the cost of the bullet, this didn't seem hateful enough for anyone to comment on?.
    Wasn't Bush the one who said "you're with us, or you're with the terrorists"?

Could anyone explain to me, why it took him insulting Ronster's tribute thread to his deceased cat, before people finally decided to voice their disdain for this demented and undoubtedly dangerous individual?.
    I personally did not bash DChristie for his comments about Ronster's cat. I gave my opinions on the passing of the cat. DChristie voiced his opinions. That's the way it works.

And finally, how come many of the more senior members on this board (including the moderators) still allow their ideological similarities to take precedence and ignore the hateful, murderous rantings of this madman?.
    Have you read some of the crap you've posted? I wouldn't be calling the kettle black if I were you.

I spoke out against him.I share many of his views but I cant stand the way he delivers his message.
    Of course he handed me my a**.
    But whatever.People are gonna say what they want and they have a right to.
    I wish he would tone it down some or I should say not just him but those like him.I think they would reach a larger audience if they did which only benefit people with our perspective.But what do you do it just who and how they are.Just like I am the way i am and you are the way you are.
    There are many of times when I have seen posts of yours and even my own and thought who is gonna take that seriously.We are who we are, we communicate the way we communicate.We receive that communication in different ways as well.
    Honestly I try not to sweat it.We are on the internet there are crazy people every where.If I don't like what someone has to say I usually ignore their posts.
    I dont know i am getting cut off i have to go to the store ill be back later.
    Peace out!
    We can chase down all our enemies
    bring them to their knees
    we can bomb the world to pieces
    but we cant bomb it into peace
    whoa, we may even find a solution
    to hunger and disease
    we can bomb the world to pieces
    but we cant bomb it into peace

Michael Franti,Spearhead

A few questions:

I would imagine that it was for some of the same reasons that you said nothing when someone on the board called for the killing of every man, woman and child in Iran by way of a nuclear attack. Just a guess though.

A few questions:

How come when he said that anyone in the United States who supports the President, should be shot by firing squad and their families charged for the cost of the bullet, this didn't seem hateful enough for anyone to comment on?

Could anyone explain to me, why it took him insulting Ronster's tribute thread to his deceased cat, before people finally decided to voice their disdain for this demented and undoubtedly dangerous individual?
    Grim,

I have not read those things, can you provide the links/evidence, please?

Then I will happily answer.

Steve
    "Ethics" is simply a last-gasp attempt by deist conservatives and
    orthodox dogmatics to keep humanity in ignorance and obscurantism,
    through the well tried fermentation of fear, the fear of science and
    new technologies.
    There is nothing glorious about what our ancestors call history,
    it is simply a succession of mistakes, intolerances and violations.

There are a number of people on scam.com who's posts I just scroll on past because although I feel they are intelligent and well informed on many issues, I simply don't care for a debating style that involves a caustic lambasting of opposing views. Nor do I think that name calling and personal attacks lend anything positive to ones position. Anyone who has ever participated in a judged debate understands a few basic concepts for winning the judges votes:

1. Maintain comportment
    2. Use clear, concise, and most importantly non offensive language
    3. Be courteous to your oponents
    4. (I like this one best) Assume that the oposition is smarter than you

If those of you who I now scroll past were to adopt even a couple of these concepts I might pay a little attention.

PS. Grim, you happen to be on my scroll past list and if anyone cares, username, christie, americanindian and a few others that don't come to mind at the moment join you. I think you all have something to write that I'd like to read, if only I liked to read it.
    The terminally stupid and certifiably insane.

Quote Originally Posted by bogie
    There are a number of people on scam.com who's posts I just scroll on past because although I feel they are intelligent and well informed on many issues, I simply don't care for a debating style that involves a caustic lambasting of opposing views. Nor do I think that name calling and personal attacks lend anything positive to ones position. Anyone who has ever participated in a judged debate understands a few basic concepts for winning the judges votes:

1. Maintain comportment
    2. Use clear, concise, and most importantly non offensive language
    3. Be courteous to your oponents
    4. (I like this one best) Assume that the oposition is smarter than you

If those of you who I now scroll past were to adopt even a couple of these concepts I might pay a little attention.

PS. Grim, you happen to be on my scroll past list and if anyone cares, username, christie, americanindian and a few others that don't come to mind at the moment join you. I think you all have something to write that I'd like to read, if only I liked to read it.
    WHO SAID sensorship is dead!?hehe!!......just askin...

why do i NOT HAVE THE FEELIN that 1 fine day the GRIM is gonna ASK a question and then not PREMATURELY ejaculate over it!?hehe!!.....just askin.....

A few questions:

And finally, how come many of the more senior members on this board (including the moderators) still allow their ideological similarities to take precedence and ignore the hateful, murderous rantings of this madman?

"it seems near impossible that somebody (dchristie) could be so hateful all of the time... In every group somebody has to be the jackass."

"He is only here to cause pain....Nothing more! Move on, dchristie. You just crossed the line......no one should have to put up with your type of sickness."

hmmm....now where's that violin ? Ha...ha...ha.....
    franKg - "Since God was ok with Moses, Joshua and David burning cities to the ground and killing all the civilians I think he would be ok with us splashing a little water on some terrorists."

Dr poormouth - "Exackly;
    It's not "waterboarding", it's "extraordinary baptism""

Quote Originally Posted by carlbenator
    As discussed in a previous thread, this IRRATIONAL HATRED for the Jews and their RIGHT to SURVIVE is one of the many PROOFS of a God, AND a Devil.

I'll usually consider the source whan reading posts. Like bogie, there are many here that I will just scan-read their posts... IF even that. There are others that are a laugh-riot of entertainment and still others that actually say something worth reading, or at least present more of value than not.

I did not jump to the attack in the pet thread, but I have an idea why people were quick to attack... it was something they could identify with on a personal level.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM
    I'll usually consider the source whan reading posts. Like bogie, there are many here that I will just scan-read their posts... IF even that. There are others that are a laugh-riot of entertainment and still others that actually say something worth reading, or at least present more of value than not.

I did not jump to the attack in the pet thread, but I have an idea why people were quick to attack... it was something they could identify with on a personal level.
    and that identity is!?(verbotten!?dont go there!?)........hehe!!.....just askin..
    Last edited by lexx; 02-10-2007 at 09:15 AM.

I just wanted to point out that it's not censorship to make a personal decision not to read something you find idiotic or a waste of time.

Oh, Griiiiiiiiiiim.

Still waiting on those links...?
    "Ethics" is simply a last-gasp attempt by deist conservatives and
    orthodox dogmatics to keep humanity in ignorance and obscurantism,
    through the well tried fermentation of fear, the fear of science and
    new technologies.
    There is nothing glorious about what our ancestors call history,
    it is simply a succession of mistakes, intolerances and violations.

A few questions:

Hi grim,

You bring up an excellent point.

Just last night I was talking to a fellow member about dc. How can anyone be as mean-spirited as he and not be rebuked more often by members and the mods, I asked. She didn't know the answer, but she believes that the way he portrays himself in print is akin to an actor taking on the role of a character; that this is not his real nature if we were to 'face-to-face' know him. This person is a dear friend and I value her wisdom in so many areas that I'm going to cut him some slack.

Having said that, had I read the things he said that you've posted here, I would have called him on it. But I don't often go on this political forum because it gets so nasty, it often robs me of happiness for the entire day when I do go on.

I did read his Ronster post and I called him on it, and he didn't attack me at all. Maybe he goes into attack mode because, let's face it, he's attacked too, by so many members.

Hopefully, my friend is correct and it's mostly said for effect.

Bairdi brings up a good point:

Quote Originally Posted by bairdi
    I would imagine that it was for some of the same reasons that you said nothing when someone on the board called for the killing of every man, woman and child in Iran by way of a nuclear attack. Just a guess though.
    Last edited by HotParadox; 02-10-2007 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bairdi
    bairdi, I would ask you for a link, but since nobody on this board ever called for the genocide of the Iranian people, there is no link for you to provide. DieChrist on the other hand, did advocate for the genocide of all the Jews in Israel on more than one occasion, and you damned well know it.

Your response is just a cheap attempt to avoid the fact that you were one of those who sat back and said nothing, while your ideological buddy called for the murder of an entire race/religion of people.

Quote Originally Posted by enlightenment
    Grim,

I have not read those things, can you provide the links/evidence, please?

Then I will happily answer.

Steve
    He started on response #3... I ask you to recognize the title of the thread he is responding to... http://www.scam.com/showpost.php?p=197652&postcount=3

If you don't want to sift through all the posts there, then just click on this link to see a summery of his BS: http://www.scam.com/showpost.php?p=200923&postcount=93

Dchristie is full of hot air and a big phony. However, even with that, true feelings still come out. He should be ignored, passed over.