+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Don't fight back or you'll make them angry!

What kind of sick logic is this? I've heard it a bit and this argument makes no sense to me.

From what I've seen, people who espouse this argument have a clear agenda and/or are irrationally bias.

It seems almost a popular sentiment among the minority...Why would anyone make this argument?

Re: Don't fight back or you'll make them angry!

This is a liberal belief, so only they would be able to answer this question.

My personal opinion is that they have made their political ideology more important than "right and wrong", "good vs. evil", "honesty vs. deceit", and even more important than the lives of American troops fighting in the middle east.

It is shameful, but unfortunately it's what you get from people who have invested themselves totally in the hatred of George Bush and the U.S. Government.

Violence is rarely the only answer.
    Defend ones self of course.
    But always be looking for or seeking out the peaceful resolution.
    Thats my view anyway.
    We can chase down all our enemies
    bring them to their knees
    we can bomb the world to pieces
    but we cant bomb it into peace
    whoa, we may even find a solution
    to hunger and disease
    we can bomb the world to pieces
    but we cant bomb it into peace

Michael Franti,Spearhead

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    This is a liberal belief, so only they would be able to answer this question.

My personal opinion is that they have made their political ideology more important than "right and wrong", "good vs. evil", "honesty vs. deceit", and even more important than the lives of American troops fighting in the middle east.

It is shameful, but unfortunately it's what you get from people who have invested themselves totally in the hatred of George Bush and the U.S. Government.

A liberal belief? "don't fight back or you'll make them angry" is completely the opposite of liberalism. Nice try Grim.

OH bull crap!

Lady Mod

scripture says do NOT resist evil!?but trust in god!?or you dont know what hell is(your own!?)until you've tried it!?hehe!!.....just askin...

Well, it seems to me that too much energy is put into hating the little
    Bushwhacker and it (energy) could be more constructively put to use.
    Hes soon going to be gone, none too soon of course, but we really
    have bigger fish to fry nowadays! :rolleyes:
    While hate is being hurled from right to left and vice versa, there are
    those who intend to do us great harm and we are busy squabbling
    and being terminally politically correct! We should be planning on
    how to keep our economy strong
    enough to withstand the challenges coming and no one is coming up
    with anything.

No one ever will goodwitch. Human beings don't get along becauset they don't want to. Nothing has changed since humans have been here. It just goes on over and over.......

Someday, humans will have disappeared from this planet, and Earth will be just fine, environmentally and every other way. It would be interesting to see what comes after us.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeguana
    A liberal belief? "don't fight back or you'll make them angry" is completely the opposite of liberalism. Nice try Grim.
    If that is true, then why is it the liberals are the ones who are embracing that belief then?

They are the ones who are saying that fighting radical Muslim terrorists only makes them angry and creates more terrorists...

If that is true, then why is it the liberals are the ones who are embracing that belief then?

They are the ones who are saying that fighting radical Muslim terrorists only makes them angry and creates more terrorists...
    Ah, the master of gross simplifications! Grim, liberals tend to believe that the war in Iraq is what creates more radical muslim terrorists, and is a completely backwards way to fight a global war on terrorism in general. This has turned out to be true by any yardstick.

Quote Originally Posted by Odear
    No one ever will goodwitch. Human beings don't get along becauset they don't want to. Nothing has changed since humans have been here. It just goes on over and over.......

Someday, humans will have disappeared from this planet, and Earth will be just fine, environmentally and every other way. It would be interesting to see what comes after us.
    Well, youre probably right. I just wander into thoughts that all this mess
    could actually turn out different if we made some changes but we are
    what we are! All of us think we are right and....some actually are but
    we are not so different from the animal kingdom of which we are part,
    and "they" often act so much better than humans!!!!
    Yes, species come and go and we most likely will also. We all too often
    refuse to acknowledge what a tiny part we are of the universe and that
    we are quite insignificant in the great scheme of things.
    I too wonder what comes next.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmatthews
    Ah, the master of gross simplifications! Grim, liberals tend to believe that the war in Iraq is what creates more radical Muslim terrorists, and is a completely backwards way to fight a global war on terrorism in general. This has turned out to be true by any yardstick.
    First, thank you for confirming what I said about this being a "liberal" stance. Second, you say that fighting Islamic terrorism is "backwards" and creates more terrorists, so with that in mind, how would you propose we should have (or should now) dealt with them?

If you will look at recent history, you will see over the last 30 years that Islamic terrorism has continued to increase. During the majority of that time, we did not fight them, yet the terrorism continued. It has also been shown that not fighting the terrorist only instills in them that America is weak, and invites terrorist organizations like al qaida to attack us.

First, thank you for confirming what I said about this being a "liberal" stance. Second, you say that fighting Islamic terrorism is "backwards" and creates more terrorists, so with that in mind, how would you propose we should have (or should now) dealt with them?

If you will look at recent history, you will see over the last 30 years that Islamic terrorism has continued to increase. During the majority of that time, we did not fight them, yet the terrorism continued. It has also been shown that not fighting the terrorist only instills in them that America is weak, and invites terrorist organizations like al qaida to attack us.
    What would these liberals have suggested as a response to 911? Let Israel be destroyed? That will never happen, they will make the Middle East a lake of glass first. I do think we need to solve the Palestine issue. Hamas needs to go along with Hezbollah. How do you free the Palestine people with these whack’s in charge? Decriste and friends, can you answer these questions without resorting to name calling and non answers?

Try this with me, Grim. I am against THE WAR IN IRAQ, THE WAR IN IRAQ FAILS TO FIGHT TERRORISM. THE WAR IN IRAQ CREATES TERRORISTS. I DID NOT SAY FIGHTING TERRORISM IS "BACKWARDS". I SAID THE WAR IN IRAQ IS BACKWARDS.

Sorry to yell, but I think your bifocals need cleaning.

Ian, exactly who are we fighting in Iraq?