+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Why is Scamdotcom under attack? (A Hypothesis)

This is a hypothetical.
    For those who are unsure of the meaning of the word, hypothetical,according to Wikipedia...
    "A hypothesis (from Greek ὑπόθεσις) consists either of a suggested explanation for a phenomenon or of a reasoned proposal suggesting a possible correlation between multiple phenomena."

There is trouble brewing on the small but well developed planet of Scamdotcom.

Scamdotcom, it's people and it's reason for being is totally reliant on being able to communicate the written word.

The planet exists, solely, because it's only rescource, the ability to record thoughts and opinions and to be able to read other Scamdotcomonians' thoughts and opinions in relation to scams, is freeely available to all (within the Law as written by the leaders of Scamdotcom at the begining of time, of course).

The overwhelming benefit gained from the development of Scamdotcom's rescources, to it's citizens, is to help them fight the Scammers. Ugly, slimey, blood-sucking aliens from the planet Ripoff, bent on separating them and the innocent Gullibles (A simple life-form from the nearby planet Earth) from their hard earned money.

By and large Scamdotcom has been winning the Scamwars and the Scammers are retreating en-masse.

Sadly, things are changing in the most sinister way and Scamdotcom is in grave danger of being destroyed by Weapons of Mass Communication Destruction (WMCD's) developed by previously un-heard-of forces of evil, the Terrorist Hackers.

In the recent past the Terrorist Hackers used the heinous Databasus-Compromizus Virus (DCV) which , but for a few intrepid Scamdotcomonians, almost completely disrupted the flow of information between all Scamdotcomonians,causing them to lose 95% of their communication abilities and leaving them frustrated and angry at the ScamGod (Zachary) for, apparently, being oblivious to their plight.

Even the formidable and feared Scamdotcom police were powerless to counter the Terrorist hackers and pleaded with Zachary to rescue them from the clutches of the devil Terrorist Hackers.

As these words are being prepared for communication, sections of Scamdotcom are under attack from the Terrorist Hackers again.
    This time they are using the less devasting but horribly disfiguring Politicus-interruptus Disease (PID) causing major disturbances, although quite localized.

(It is hoped that these words will make it through to the general population of Scamdotcom so that they might better understand the dangers they face and might also find a solution.)

But why are the dastardly Terrorist Hackers targeting and attacking Scamdotcom in such a vicious and heartless manner?
    After all The Terrorist Hackers are not Scammers and have not been targeted or singled out by the good citizens of Scamdotcom.
    Or have they?...............Continued...................
    Last edited by catch-22; 02-07-2007 at 02:43 PM.

Re: Why is Scamdotcom under attack? (A Hypothesis)

In the search for answers we need to go back to the begining of time to understand why the Scamdotcomonians have suddenly become the victims of the merciless Terrorist Hackers.

In the begining there was George.

George was the Creator of Scamdotcom.

He saw the plight of ordinary people who were being fleeced by the unscrupulous Scammers from the planet Ripoff.

He became angry that they should be allowed to get away with it and decided to do all in His power to put a stop to it.

So, in His infinite wisdom, He created Scamdotcom from a small piece of php and He filled it with Threads, places where diligent Scamdotcomonians could show up the Scammers for what they were and thwart their evil attempts to swindle people out of their money.

All was well in the land!

Not long after the dawn of time, George, again in his Infinite Wisdom, decided to create a forum called The Presidential Election Forum.(This was later changed to Political Chat).

He knew it had nothing to do with Scams or Scammers, but he created it anyway.

According to early writings (most of which lay very deep in the archives of Scamdotcom), The Presidential Election Forum was created by George so that He, and some of the Scamdotcomonians who were bored with fighting the Scammers, could communicate on the unfolding of the results of a Presidential election on the insignificant planet referred to earlier as Earth.(Home to The Gullibles).

Apparently things did not go well for George in that election (perhaps he lost a bet) so he abandoned the forum, renamed it and opened it up to a general debate about politics.

On leaving the forum George left concise instructions for all Scamdotcomonians to follow.

Instructions designed to keep the forum restricted to debating political views and news and to keep it civilised.

These words can still be viewed at the top of the Scamdotcom Message Board..."Please post and debate your political views and news here. Keep it educated and friendly please."

It's not exactly clear at what point the Political Chat forum began to be used by some Scamdotcomonians to press their agenda in all manner of different areas apart from politics (such as race and religion) or to openly and hatefully vilify other Scamdotcomonians because they see the world differently from them or because they love their pets.

What is clear, though is the fact that the Word of George has not been adhered to.

This complete disregard for the Words of Scamdotcoms' Creator in the Political Chat forum, and the lack of reinforcement of the Will of George by the Scamdotcom police, has brought about a cataclysmic reaction from elements within Scamdotcom in that they have called on the forces of evil to destroy Scamdotcom by denying her the abilty to communicate by resorting to the use of WMCD's.

SOLUTION!
    It would be generally accepted that the vast majority of Scamdotcomonians who communicate through the Political Chat forum have at some point failed to follow the Word of George, either in actions or in spirit, so it would be unreasonable and unfair to single out any one Scamdotcomonian or group of Scamdotcomonians and have them banished from Scamdotcom.

It might also be unreasonable to close down the Political Chat forum altogether. There is much knowledge to be gained by discussing the Politics of such a basic planet as Earth, so long as other elements like race or religious beliefs are left at the door.

Perhaps it would be less unreasonable to ask those who may or may not have brought down the wrath of the Terrorist hackers on the citizens of Scamdotcom to remember the Words of Our Lord George and debate various political views and news, bearing in mind and respecting the views of other Scamdotcomonians in a friendly manner.

Or...

The Scamgod, Zachary might like to create another forum (at the bottom of the Message Board) where irrelevent threads can be moved to and locked away...He could call it Hell!

Messages could be read but not added to or commented on. They would simply sit there and rot!

Either way, if the Word of George continues to be ignored and the forces of evil intent continue to rain down WMCD's on the poor people of Scamdotcom, the board, er planet, will simply cease to exist and all of the Creators' work will have been in vain!

Hic!
    Last edited by catch-22; 02-07-2007 at 02:45 PM.

Well, you seem to enjoy writing, that much is clear.

I have a thought of my own regarding scamdotcom. If an innocent person is mentioned on scamdotcom in a thread as a potential problem, and that person proves to have been falsely accused, no matter what you or george or the dishonorable judge bean says, that innocent person will always find himself on a search engine associated with scamdotcom.

Do you want to talk about fair? Really?? Sounds like all you are writing is nonsense. Let's get down to the brass taxes, my friend. Isn't scamdotcom a scam in and of itself?

Quote Originally Posted by visitor45
    Well, you seem to enjoy writing, that much is clear.
    Why thank you! Yes I did enjoy writing it!
    I have a thought of my own regarding scamdotcom. If an innocent person is mentioned on scamdotcom in a thread as a potential problem, and that person proves to have been falsely accused, no matter what you or george or the dishonorable judge bean says, that innocent person will always find himself on a search engine associated with scamdotcom.
    Oh well!! You have to break eggs to make an omelette, you know!!
    Sad fact of life, innocent people get accused of things they did'nt do. Too bad!

Do you want to talk about fair? Really?? Sounds like all you are writing is nonsense.
    Ah...a literary critic!! Hit me again!
    Let's get down to the brass taxes, my friend. Isn't scamdotcom a scam in and of itself?
    Off course it is'nt! If it's a scam and you are a member, then you are a part of it. Whats' your point? (brass taxes?? Is that anything like income taxes??)

your response is what insights people to get angry and mean and yell at you. you probably fail to realize this. you are proving that scamdotcom is indeed a scam. people are running to YOU for answers?? that makes me laugh.

here you are trying to be respectful of one set of rules while dismissing another set.

i am finding the regular posters on this site to be absolute twits. is there anyone posting, besides myself, who uses proper grammar, spelling and sense?

your response is what insights people to get angry and mean and yell at you. you probably fail to realize this. you are proving that scamdotcom is indeed a scam. people are running to YOU for answers?? that makes me laugh.

here you are trying to be respectful of one set of rules while dismissing another set.

i am finding the regular posters on this site to be absolute twits. is there anyone posting, besides myself, who uses proper grammar, spelling and sense?
    Ahha! You nearly got me there!

Good one!

Quote Originally Posted by catch-22
    In the search for answers we need to go back to the begining of time to understand why the Scamdotcomonians have suddenly become the victims of the merciless Terrorist Hackers.

In the begining there was George.

George was the Creator of Scamdotcom.

He saw the plight of ordinary people who were being fleeced by the unscrupulous Scammers from the planet Ripoff.

He became angry that they should be allowed to get away with it and decided to do all in His power to put a stop to it.

So, in His infinite wisdom, He created Scamdotcom from a small piece of php and He filled it with Threads, places where diligent Scamdotcomonians could show up the Scammers for what they were and thwart their evil attempts to swindle people out of their money.

All was well in the land!

Not long after the dawn of time, George, again in his Infinite Wisdom, decided to create a forum called The Presidential Election Forum.(This was later changed to Political Chat).

He knew it had nothing to do with Scams or Scammers, but he created it anyway.

According to early writings (most of which lay very deep in the archives of Scamdotcom), The Presidential Election Forum was created by George so that He, and some of the Scamdotcomonians who were bored with fighting the Scammers, could communicate on the unfolding of the results of a Presidential election on the insignificant planet referred to earlier as Earth.(Home to The Gullibles).

Apparently things did not go well for George in that election (perhaps he lost a bet) so he abandoned the forum, renamed it and opened it up to a general debate about politics.

On leaving the forum George left concise instructions for all Scamdotcomonians to follow.

Instructions designed to keep the forum restricted to debating political views and news and to keep it civilised.

These words can still be viewed at the top of the Scamdotcom Message Board..."Please post and debate your political views and news here. Keep it educated and friendly please."

It's not exactly clear at what point the Political Chat forum began to be used by some Scamdotcomonians to press their agenda in all manner of different areas apart from politics (such as race and religion) or to openly and hatefully vilify other Scamdotcomonians because they see the world differently from them or because they love their pets.

What is clear, though is the fact that the Word of George has not been adhered to.

This complete disregard for the Words of Scamdotcoms' Creator in the Political Chat forum, and the lack of reinforcement of the Will of George by the Scamdotcom police, has brought about a cataclysmic reaction from elements within Scamdotcom in that they have called on the forces of evil to destroy Scamdotcom by denying her the abilty to communicate by resorting to the use of WMCD's.

SOLUTION!
    It would be generally accepted that the vast majority of Scamdotcomonians who communicate through the Political Chat forum have at some point failed to follow the Word of George, either in actions or in spirit, so it would be unreasonable and unfair to single out any one Scamdotcomonian or group of Scamdotcomonians and have them banished from Scamdotcom.

It might also be unreasonable to close down the Political Chat forum altogether. There is much knowledge to be gained by discussing the Politics of such a basic planet as Earth, so long as other elements like race or religious beliefs are left at the door.

Perhaps it would be less unreasonable to ask those who may or may not have brought down the wrath of the Terrorist hackers on the citizens of Scamdotcom to remember the Words of Our Lord George and debate various political views and news, bearing in mind and respecting the views of other Scamdotcomonians in a friendly manner.

Or...

The Scamgod, Zachary might like to create another forum (at the bottom of the Message Board) where irrelevent threads can be moved to and locked away...He could call it Hell!

Messages could be read but not added to or commented on. They would simply sit there and rot!

Either way, if the Word of George continues to be ignored and the forces of evil intent continue to rain down WMCD's on the poor people of Scamdotcom, the board, er planet, will simply cease to exist and all of the Creators' work will have been in vain!

Hic!
    I wish you would've written this in plain English, no offense. :)

It's a bit long and tedious to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by HotParadox
    I wish you would've written this in plain English, no offense. :)

It's a bit long and tedious to follow.
    None offense taken! :)

OK, how's this?

Scamdotcom is under attack because of some of the vicious threads (which have nothing to do with politics and everything to do with intolerence, harrasment and bigotry) started by a small group of some of the more vicious members of Scamdotcom.

These people have seriously offended someone, causing them to start hacking the board, denying YOU the ablity to have your say.

Is it the people who are offending who are at fault?

Is it the people who are offended who are at fault?

Is it the owners of the board who are at fault?

Who will stop it?

OK, how's this?
    Scamdotcom is under attack because of some of the vicious threads (which have nothing to do with politics and everything to do with intolerence, harrasment and bigotry) started by a small group of some of the more vicious members of Scamdotcom.

These people have seriously offended someone, causing them to start hacking the board, denying YOU the ablity to have your say.

Who will stop it?
    Perfect. :) I love it.

OK, how's this?

Who will stop it?
    And a lot of this in the Religious forum:

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=22379

Who's minding the ship over here? Why aren't these things being banned? I'm getting very turned off and annoyed.

And a lot of this in the Religious forum:

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=22379

Who's minding the ship over here? Why aren't these things being banned? I'm getting very turned off and annoyed.
    On a more serious note, I'm beginning to believe that the owners might be condoning this rancid behaviour.

A responsible forum owner would nip this stuff in the bud..It can be done.

If scamdotcom is becoming a place where this crap is condoned or encouraged, I'm not going to be a party to it!

Thats' pure filth!

12. 02-08-2007, 06:39 PM

Reason
    double

There you go! The offending post is gone.

It seems we are being watched, after all!

There you go! The offending post is gone.

It seems we are being watched, after all!
    WHAT??? Are you serious? Just what is going on, C-22?

I just got back on to see if you answered my post. Do you know how long it took them to remove it, after I alerted you to it? Like about an hour, right? What do you make of all this? The spammers, the Political Chat shut-down? Is it connected, do you think?
    Last edited by HotParadox; 02-08-2007 at 10:00 PM.

You don't capitalize sentences and you're not a twit, right?

I've learned not to judge others here based only on their gramatical errors. :)

A legitimate operation has no issue with people saying they are frauds because they are not and they have, as legitimate people do ,a positive track record and many happy clients, why should they care what anyone says?

scammers on the other hand, who charge people ridiculous up front fees and make all sorts of bogus promises don't much care for this site, which tends to highlight their activities for all to see. it is a positive service for the next potential victim

WHAT??? Are you serious? Just what is going on, C-22?

I just got back on to see if you answered my post. Do you know how long it took them to remove it, after I alerted you to it? Like about an hour, right? What do you make of all this? The spammers, the Political Chat shut-down? Is it connected, do you think?
    The link and the post was deleted within minutes of me reading your post and commenting on it.

Since that post was deleted and as I write the Religious forum has continued to be spammed.

Most definitely the two are connected. Someone is majorly pissed.

They want to bring Scamdotcom to it's knees and they are winning!

The spamming and database hacking can be stopped.

Perhaps the Scamdotcom techies need technical assistance..I'm sure if they asked Jelsoft, they would provide them with the answers. That's if they're interested, of course.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/