+ Reply to Thread

dchristie is offline Challenge Authority User Rank

How "Heckuvajob" Jerry Pissed Away Billions In Iraq

Starting a bloody war on false intelligence, lies, and crooked propaganda while getting hundreds of thousands of innocent people killed for nothing: Appalling.

Losing 4 Billion Dollars in cold hard American currency down a rat hole without a trail. Priceless.

But for GOP Criminals and Traitors, this is just the cost of doing business. As adulterer and con artist Dan "ScumBag" Burton says: Blame isn't constructive. LOL..

Talk about constructive? That makes me wonder how many schools, hospitals and improvements we could have made to our own crumbling infrastructure with the financial largesse The Bush Crime Gang has blown on Iraq-Nam.

Hmmm.. Hospital. That would be a good place for treasonous criminal filth like Burton to spend some quality time. If more GOP Gangsters could spend time in the hospital, maybe some of the mess they've made could get cleaned up. Ya think?
    __________________________________________________ ________________

Rep. Grills Ex-US Leader in Iraq: Where Did 363 Tons Of Cash Go?

Mike Sheehan
    Published: Tuesday February 6, 2007

Rep. Henry Waxman (D-CA), leading a Congressional review of possible U.S. waste and fraud in Iraq, sought answers from former Iraq Provisional Authority leader L. Paul Bremer today.

"House Democrats, taking charge of investigations now that they control Congress, grilled the former U.S. occupation chief in Iraq on Tuesday about the way he doled out billions of Iraqi dollars without accounting for the money," the Associated Press reports.

Over $4 billion in cash, which came from Iraqi oil exports and other sources, was sent by the Federal Reserve to Baghdad on pallets aboard U.S. military planes just before government control was given back to the Iraqis, Reuters says. The bills reportedly weighed hundreds of tons.

"Who in their right mind would send 363 tons of cash into a war zone? But that's exactly what our government did," Waxman said, according to Reuters.

The AP says Bremer countered, "I arrived in Baghdad at a time when much of the city was burning. Looting was still widespread. My responsibilities were to kickstart the economy.

"Millions of Iraqi families depended on civil service salaries and pensions," Bremer continued, according to the AP. "It was clear we had to get this Iraqi money in the hands of people immediately."

Bremer acknowledged that mistakes were made. But in regard to charges of oversight failures possibly allowing insurgents to get their hands on Iraqi money disbursed by the CPA, Bremer responded per Reuters, "I have no knowledge of monies being diverted. I would certainly be concerned if I thought they were."

A Republican on the committe, Rep. Tom Davis (R-VA), defended Bremer and said that Waxman "was rushing to 'old judgments' in a hearing that was 'old news,'" reports the AP.

Rep. Dan Burton (R-IN) added, per Reuters, "We are in a war against terrorists, to have a blame meeting isn't, in my opinion, constructive."

The full Associated Press article is available at this link, while the full Reuters report is available at this link.
    Last edited by dchristie; 02-07-2007 at 08:59 AM.

Re: How "Heckuvajob" Jerry Pissed Away Billions In Iraq

The incompetence displayed by the administration is staggering. 4 billion more pissed away. This has to end...
    franKg - "Since God was ok with Moses, Joshua and David burning cities to the ground and killing all the civilians I think he would be ok with us splashing a little water on some terrorists."

Dr poormouth - "Exackly;
    It's not "waterboarding", it's "extraordinary baptism""

Quote Originally Posted by carlbenator
    As discussed in a previous thread, this IRRATIONAL HATRED for the Jews and their RIGHT to SURVIVE is one of the many PROOFS of a God, AND a Devil.

if you dont like it here, MOve.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizywyg
    if you dont like it here, MOve.
    I don't recall anyone asking advice from a fvcking Zionist mole. Do us all a favor...burn in hell at your earliest convenience.
    franKg - "Since God was ok with Moses, Joshua and David burning cities to the ground and killing all the civilians I think he would be ok with us splashing a little water on some terrorists."

Dr poormouth - "Exackly;
    It's not "waterboarding", it's "extraordinary baptism""

Quote Originally Posted by carlbenator
    As discussed in a previous thread, this IRRATIONAL HATRED for the Jews and their RIGHT to SURVIVE is one of the many PROOFS of a God, AND a Devil.