+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Got Scam

Got Scam

Just got scam by “Smart Consulting Ltd” and “Accent Business LLC” almost simultaneously. I feel depressed, terribly tense, and humiliated. The former involve receiving money into your PayPal account, transferring the money to your bank, withdrawing the money from your bank, and sending it overseas. The latter is the “reshipping of parcels”. It look like I got scam by the same people twice.

Deep inside, I always had my doubts but the slight possibility of the jobs being legit deceive my judgment. I am 23 guy struggling to finish school and now I get scam—not once but twice (simultaneously at least) by the same motheer, who feeds on human desperation.
    Last edited by nomaxim; 05-03-2013 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Unnessary xml code removed.

Re: Autos Scam Emails BEaware

(1)Accent Business LLC
    Login link: www.uscontrolpanel.com
    Jason Born jason.born@abusinessc.com

(2)Smart Consulting Ltd
    http://www.smartconsulting.cc/
    hodge@smartconsultingltd.biz

Do not trust anything with the LTD or LCC initials.
    Last edited by Starjg90; 05-02-2013 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starjg90 View Post

Do not trust anything with the LTD or LCC initials.
    LTD is the abbreviation for 'Limited' and LLC is the abbreviation for 'Limited Liability Company'. They have the same general meaning as INC which is the abbreviation for "Incorporated'.

These three terms are used in every English speaking country and even a number of non-English countries. They are descriptive terms for the type of business and are generally required when a business registers with its local government entity.

It look like I got scam by the same people twice.
    Actually, I haven't found anything to suggest that these two websites are in anyway related. though they could be. (See below.)
    The former involve receiving money into your PayPal account, transferring the money to your bank, withdrawing the money from your bank, and sending it overseas. The latter is the “reshipping of parcels”. It look like I got scam by the same people twice.
    Sorry to hear that you got scammed.
    Both of these are well known scams used by criminals.
    One involves transferring money out of the country. They other involves the transfer of stolen goods.

For example;
    The PayPal account
    A scammer sets up a website which accepts payment via PayPal.
    Someone purchases an item and pays to your PayPal Account.
    You transfer the money to the scammer.
    The purchaser never receives the item they purchased and reports your PayPal account to the police.
    The police visit you, PayPal closes your PayPal account.

The reshipping of parcels
    Scammer buys goods with a stolen credit card.
    The goods are shipped to you.
    You reship the goods to the scammer.
    The seller and/or the credit card holder report your address to the police.
    The police visit you.

I would suggest reporting both of these to your local police immediately. This will let law enforcement know that you where also scammed and are not actually the scammer.

NOTE:
    Both the WhoIs for smartconsulting.cc and the WhoIs for uscontrolpanel.com show that neither domain is older then 3-4 months (February and March 2013 respectively).

Another NOTE:
    These are also two different websites.
    The WhoIs for smartconsultingltd.biz.
    Note that one website is .cc and the other is .biz. However, both are hosted on the same server;
    IP Address:
    IP Location:
    United Kingdom - England - Maidenhead - Simply Transit Ltd
    Yet, these two websites have different registration info. On in Canada and the other in New Zealand.

I'd assume that all registration information is false.
    Last edited by nomaxim; 05-03-2013 at 04:26 PM.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

As nomaxim stated, they're simply legal terms. There is nothing inherently wrong about them. An LLC is simply an inexpensive way for an individual to protect their personal assets in the event of a catastrophic financial failure in their business. For example, a massive lawsuit for far more than their business is worth, could potentially wipe out their personal savings, too; unless they're protected by an LLC. Many small business use an LLC for legal protection. The vast majority of them are not scams.

Theses are extremely common scams. Unfortunately there wouldn't still be people doing them if people didn't fall for them.

As other people have said LLC and LTD have nothing to do with a company being a scam or not. It is how someone has set up their business for liability and tax reasons.

Re: Got Scam

Thanks for the information. I am sure someone else would have fallen for this scam. I hope guys have seen this.