+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where should you buy your gas?

I mentioned this in another thread earlier today, but I did not want it to get lost, so I thought I would start a new one...

First, grain of salt time...This was a random E-mail so I cannot verify the acuracy of the info. Even though, it is somthing to think about...

Here is a list of fuel companies and the amount of mid-east oil by the barrel:

Shell- 205,742,000

Chevron/Texaco- 144,332,000

Exxon/Mobil- 130,082,000

Marathon/Speedway- 117,740,000

Amoco- 62,231,000

Citco, Sunoco, Conoco, Sinclair, BP/Phillips, Hess, Arco- 000,000,000

Where do you buy your gas? will this info change your gas buying behavior? Why?

Remember, knowledge is power...Pete

Re: Where should you buy your gas?

Quote Originally Posted by jigglepete
    I mentioned this in another thread earlier today, but I did not want it to get lost, so I thought I would start a new one...

First, grain of salt time...This was a random E-mail so I cannot verify the acuracy of the info. Even though, it is somthing to think about...

Here is a list of fuel companies and the amount of mid-east oil by the barrel:

Shell- 205,742,000

Chevron/Texaco- 144,332,000

Exxon/Mobil- 130,082,000

Marathon/Speedway- 117,740,000

Amoco- 62,231,000

Citco, Sunoco, Conoco, Sinclair, BP/Phillips, Hess, Arco- 000,000,000

Where do you buy your gas? will this info change your gas buying behavior? Why?

Remember, knowledge is power...Pete
    Pete,
    If knowledge is power, then why would you ask people if the information from this unverifiable piece of e-mail would affect their gas buying decisions?

If you want true power, verify first and then ask. That's just my opinion. :confused:

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/oilterrorism.htm
    Last edited by bairdi; 02-04-2007 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bairdi
    Pete,
    If knowledge is power, then why would you ask people if the information from this unverifiable piece of e-mail would affect their gas buying decisions?

If you want true power, verify first and then ask. That's just my opinion. :confused:
    Point taken, I said I would post these numbers earlier today, so I did, I added the questions because I was curious about what this info means to the incredibally diverse population here on scam, take it or leave it :)

Pete,

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/oilterrorism.htm
    Hey Bairdi, PS All of the info here in is available at the Department of Energy web site, all of the companies HAVE to give them this info...is that better? :p

Quote Originally Posted by jigglepete
    Hey Bairdi, PS All of the info here in is available at the Department of Energy web site, all of the companies HAVE to give them this info...is that better? :p
    It sure is. :D

It sure is. :D
    Whoo, thanks, I was worried there for a bit... :)

I have often wanted to know more about where these corps get their oil.
    I do think knowing that the info is accurate is important.
    Also I would want to know in regards to those companies not getting there oil from the mid-east exactly where they do.And of the ones that do from where in the middle east.
    I do think this information would effect from what stations I buy gas.

One thing I think is worth mentioning in regards to your info is that I believe BP and Amaco have merged nearly all the BPs and Amacos in my area are one.It seems odd that Amaco is on the mid-east list and BP is on the 0 list.
    We can chase down all our enemies
    bring them to their knees
    we can bomb the world to pieces
    but we cant bomb it into peace
    whoa, we may even find a solution
    to hunger and disease
    we can bomb the world to pieces
    but we cant bomb it into peace

Michael Franti,Spearhead

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

I usually buy from Citgo or Exxon. Shell must think theirs is something special, they are always much higher per gallon than anyone else here. We don't have Amoco or Marathon stations here. Neither Citgo nor Exxon cause my vehicles to ping or loose power. I buy what works.

Lady Mod

I buy either from Citgo or a Love's Truck Stop. The Citgo is usually the lowest priced... next to Love's. Both perform well even though Love's is an alcohol mix. Both are also close to home and on my way to and from work.

I am a newbie around here but have been a lurker for some time....I am confused about Citgo gas???? According to this USA today article

http://www.usatoday.com/money/indust...ver-usat_x.htm

"Citgo is a subsidis a subsidiary of Venezuela's state-owned oil company, Petroleos de Venezuela S.A. (PDVSA). As such, it ultimately belongs to Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez, an avowedly anti-American leader who counts Fidel Castro among his closest friends and mocks President Bush as a "genocidal murderer."

I will drive miles and pass every citgo in site....never going to buy gas from them...Sherri

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by sher218
    I am a newbie around here but have been a lurker for some time....I am confused about Citgo gas???? According to this USA today article

http://www.usatoday.com/money/indust...ver-usat_x.htm

"Citgo is a subsidis a subsidiary of Venezuela's state-owned oil company, Petroleos de Venezuela S.A. (PDVSA). As such, it ultimately belongs to Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez, an avowedly anti-American leader who counts Fidel Castro among his closest friends and mocks President Bush as a "genocidal murderer."

I will drive miles and pass every citgo in site....never going to buy gas from them...Sherri
    Ya, and when Katrina hit New Orleans he was one of the first to send aide in the form of inexpensive gas so that Americans would not have to feel the pinch.

Don't believe everything you read just because you can't bear that genocidal murderer in Washington getting criticized.

Bush doesn't give a rip about Americans.

Lady Mod

Uh, excuse me.
    it is not Bush that has declared rule by decree,
    dictator for life,
    it is Chavez.
    Bush could be generous with oil too, if he nationalized it.
    Castro and Chavez can just take anything they see and claim they are taking "for the people".
    If you wouldn't tolerate any USA leader behaving that way, why would you make Chavez a hero ?

In usa if you think Exxon is making too much money, buy some stock. Buy some stock in your bank, and instead of that big screen Tv, buy some stock in the company that makes it. you are free to choose everyday. in cuba you can't buy shares of anything cause castro owns it all. its easy to be generous with free health care after you have confiscated everything from everybody. USA is the most fantastic, unbelievable success that has ever been on this planet and i hope i die before the commies succeed in turning it into a failure like the soviet union and red china. korea is a great example. people starve and freeze in the north and all hail their infallible leader. there is no dissent.

I wont buy Citgo or Exxon. Citgo because of the little burgeoning dictator
    who hates our guts or Exxon because Ill never forget the oil soaked dying
    animals.
    And, is it true that our Alaskan oil goes to Japan???? :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles
    In usa if you think Exxon is making too much money, buy some stock. Buy some stock in your bank, and instead of that big screen Tv, buy some stock in the company that makes it. you are free to choose everyday. in cuba you can't buy shares of anything cause castro owns it all. its easy to be generous with free health care after you have confiscated everything from everybody. USA is the most fantastic, unbelievable success that has ever been on this planet and i hope i die before the commies succeed in turning it into a failure like the soviet union and red china. korea is a great example. people starve and freeze in the north and all hail their infallible leader. there is no dissent.
    You spoke quite well for a person with the handle of "mumbles"!!!
    Youre right most all the way! :cool:

Mumbles, Nice Post!! Chow Citgo, don't want no part of ya.
    Rich99