+ Reply to Thread

Account Transfer Scam?

I recently posted a resume on monster.com and promptly received two replies from two different companies, "Eastern Finance Group" and "TechnobuY Company", both claiming to be European finance or electronics companies, and both of which sound like a major scam. They both want to "employ" me; have me open a new checking account, then they transfer money into it and have ME western union, moneygram, or transfer said money into another account. Supposedly, I earn %5 on each transfer I do.

Sounds a lot like the old email scam about the Nigerian prince who wants to give you untold millions if you only help him out of a jam, eh?

While I'm sure this is some sort of scam and I'm not about to fall for it, I am really curious as to it's purpose. Where does the catch lie, exactly? I've tried looking both these companies up online, and they both have respectable looking websites, seeming to be legitimate businesses. My question is where exactly does the profit lie for them to do this through me?

Anyone?

Re: Account Transfer Scam?

Ah-ha.... did a little more research and found some answers here:

http://www.fraudaid.com/ScamSpeak/Ni...ssing_scam.htm

So it's all a huge international money-laundering scheme. wow.

anyway, look out for this one everyone!

One has to be careful, theres alot of people trying to make money anyway they can, the sad thing is that these bad apples make small legitamate businesses online look suspect, people get burned and become paranoid of all offers. More needs to be done to shut these people down

EarninganHonestliving Guest

I had received a lot of those similar offers, but knew that it could not be anything but foul. Sure enough I found one of my clients in my current home business opportunity, that said they were taken severely by that same scam! RUN FROM IT.....Anyone wanting you to collect money for them and them wire it, or send money orders etc...Why don't they have their own A/R department????? Because they are scamming people.

I hope this helps...

Ed Bounds
    Home Based Business Consultant / Internet Marketing Expert
    Executive Income Online
    www.ExecutiveIncomeOnline.biz

EarninganHonestliving Guest

After researching many so called "home based business opportunities", I found a company that IS NOT MLM, and actually offer a turnkey business solutions with amazing on-line educational products, world-class training held via conference calls daily and a very lucrative compensation plan! The community of online entrepreneurs in which we collaborate with on a daily basis is absolutely some of the most compassionate, caring people I have ever come into contact with personally or professionally.

This business has attracted factory workers, corporate employees, small business owners, Stay-at-Home moms and even CEO's such as myself from other companies. I have found the integrity of this organization to be top notch.

In fact, I decided to resign my position as a college administrator and come on board full-time as a distributor for this 16-year-old publishing company. I did this because I see the potential with this organization. Forbes magazine wrote a cover article approximately 5 years ago, saying their industry would possibly be the largest EVER by 2010! The company has a solid 35 business plan in place, with a determined effort to make our community of online entrepreneurs, the LARGEST DIRECT MARKETING COMPANY in the world by the end of this decade.

It is very important however, as with any home based business to find THE RIGHT MENTOR! Someone who has a vested interest, the right morals and the same or even more commitment to YOUR success, as they do their own!!

The man who mentored me in this business, took this same opportunity that everyone has access to and has created a nice $100K PER MONTH business for himself. He is the top earner in the world with this business. He is helping to create more millionaires than anyone I know. I learned from the BEST and I am teaching others to achieve similar success.

I have replaced a nice salary within my first 3 months in this business and I am on my way to true financial FREEDOM. My personal plan (which is tailored to you according to how much time you have to spend per day building your business) is to retire with this amazing business within 5 years. The powerful compensation plan with all of it's residual income and repeat business should allow me to have a solid $45K-$50K per month residual income by that time.

For more information on this amazing home-based opportunity contact me for a straightforward conversation with NO PRESSURE or HYPE and honest answers to your questions.

Visit my website at www.ExecutiveIncomeOnline.biz for pictures and bio of me and my family, plus much more information about this home based Internet business opportunity, so you can better understand who I am. It is important to know the person you are talking to, when looking at a business opportunity.

If you like to have fun, call your own shots, report to no one but yourself, work as much or as little as you want each day and earn a LOT OF MONEY, and only cost $99 to join, then you owe it to you and yourself to get all the facts about this business. I invite you to come do just that.....then you can be the judge!!

May your day be blessed and prosperous,

Ed Bounds
    Home Based Business Consultant/ Internet Marketing Professional
    Executive Income Online
    www.ExecutiveIncomeOnline.biz
    866-967-7770

It is a scam, the transfer is reversed and you lose your money

These are also identity theft schemes.Do NOT give your personal information
    to these scammers.These losers are criminals.Also watch for fake lotteries.

ahhhh!!!!!! xD i also just received that very same e-mail today...luckily i knew better ;)... for the only sad reason that i did one similar to this one a long time ago and ended up owning my bank $400 dollards (cause i used some of the money that wasnt mine) and i got the boot too.... :(