+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 30

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,324

    LOL Thread on Amway and other MLMs

    This site is about sports in NC. Hardly a Joe Cool thing

    http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=78&f=1414&t=10759125&p=1

    Very funny stuff, people approached at barnes and nobel, at work, at the gym etc. Always a trick involved to get people to attend. Oh and recent too!

    But, we don't do that anymore.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,434

    Re: LOL Thread on Amway and other MLMs

    Seems the new "trick" amwayers are using is to advertise jobs and then whammy people with the amway plan.

    But wait, IBOFightback swears this doesn't happen anymore because Amway has "rules".
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: LOL Thread on Amway and other MLMs

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Seems the new "trick" amwayers are using is to advertise jobs and then whammy people with the amway plan.

    But wait, IBOFightback swears this doesn't happen anymore because Amway has "rules".
    And JoeCool continues to just OUTRIGHT LIE.

    I've NEVER said this kind of stuff "doesn't happen anymore because Amway has "rules".

    Why do you just make stuff up Joke? There are actual legitimate criticisms to be made of MLMs, including Amway. Why do you feel the constant need to be so damn dishonest?

    New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....


    Why the f-u-c-k do you need evidence all the time? - Zapticon
    You know that I don't provide proof of my claims - Once Upon A Time
    I have the information but I'm not posting it - Joecool


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,434

    Re: LOL Thread on Amway and other MLMs

    Quote Originally Posted by IBOFightBack View Post
    And JoeCool continues to just OUTRIGHT LIE.

    I've NEVER said this kind of stuff "doesn't happen anymore because Amway has "rules".

    Why do you just make stuff up Joke? There are actual legitimate criticisms to be made of MLMs, including Amway. Why do you feel the constant need to be so damn dishonest?
    Did you or did you not challenge me to find testimonials that were 'less than 2 years old". You cited accreditation as the reason these stories were "less". So no, I did not lie.

    And you constantly deflect issues. i.e "Amway didn't do that", even though to know full well that Amway IBO's were responsible.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: LOL Thread on Amway and other MLMs

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Seems the new "trick" amwayers are using is to advertise jobs and then whammy people with the amway plan.
    1. There is one report there of this, and it's not even clear if it was an Amway IBO, many MLMs are discussed.

    But wait, IBOFightback swears this doesn't happen anymore because Amway has "rules".
    2. I never said it doesn't happen. You lied when you claimed I said that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Did you or did you not challenge me to find testimonials that were 'less than 2 years old". You cited accreditation as the reason these stories were "less". So no, I did not lie.
    3. There you go, you just confirmed you lied about it. Now you say I said the stories were "less", where as 2 posts ago you claim I said it "doesn't happen".

    And you constantly deflect issues. i.e "Amway didn't do that", even though to know full well that Amway IBO's were responsible.
    So Amway was responsible for every dumb thing you did as an IBO?

    Do you take responsibility for anything in your life?

    New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....


    Why the f-u-c-k do you need evidence all the time? - Zapticon
    You know that I don't provide proof of my claims - Once Upon A Time
    I have the information but I'm not posting it - Joecool


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,434

    Re: LOL Thread on Amway and other MLMs

    Quote Originally Posted by IBOFightBack View Post
    3. There you go, you just confirmed you lied about it. Now you say I said the stories were "less", where as 2 posts ago you claim I said it "doesn't happen".
    No I didn't, you misunderstood.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: LOL Thread on Amway and other MLMs

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    No I didn't, you misunderstood.
    Which part of this lie -

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44
    IBOFightback swears this doesn't happen anymore because Amway has "rules".
    did I misunderstand?

    New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....


    Why the f-u-c-k do you need evidence all the time? - Zapticon
    You know that I don't provide proof of my claims - Once Upon A Time
    I have the information but I'm not posting it - Joecool


  8. #8
    James R's Avatar
    James R is offline I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it! User Rank
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,651

    Re: LOL Thread on Amway and other MLMs

    Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    This site is about sports in NC. Hardly a Joe Cool thing

    http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=78&f=1414&t=10759125&p=1

    Very funny stuff, people approached at barnes and nobel, at work, at the gym etc. Always a trick involved to get people to attend. Oh and recent too!

    But, we don't do that anymore.
    That's lightweight stuff.

    Check out this method that was fully endorsed and supported in this forum. Here's my favorite...by far.
    LOCATIONS TO PLACE SIZZLE CARDS

    Tape on, Hand out, or Lay on:

    Gas Pumps – Use snack bags with 5-10 Sizzle Cards/ bag & tape on
    ATM’s
    Phone Booth - Use snack bags with 5-10 Sizzle Cards/ bag & tape on
    Warm Contacts
    Newspaper Racks
    Travel Plaza
    Public Restrooms – tape on back of stalls
    Post Office Counters
    Information Boards
    Library reading stations
    Video Store
    Public Places - put 1 card
    Waiting Rooms – Inside Magazines
    ….Everywhere you go, leave drop cards!
    Can you imagine getting pitched an MLM scam while you are taking a dump in a public restroom?
    Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
    Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.


    Here's a good one....
    "That's why I changed my 'story'".
    Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,324

    Re: LOL Thread on Amway and other MLMs

    Quote Originally Posted by James R View Post
    That's lightweight stuff.
    Indeed. I just thought it was funny that a forum about sports had a thread that went 4 pages of MLM experiences based on one comment.

    The funniest one was the couple that got invited to dinner, the guy said he had a stop to make and asked them to come in. It was an Amway meeting.

    Or the one where the hot chick at the gym invited guys out to coffee only to pitch an MLM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: LOL Thread on Amway and other MLMs

    Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    The funniest one was the couple that got invited to dinner, the guy said he had a stop to make and asked them to come in. It was an Amway meeting.
    I had someone in my group do something similar with a prospect. Appalling.

    New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....


    Why the f-u-c-k do you need evidence all the time? - Zapticon
    You know that I don't provide proof of my claims - Once Upon A Time
    I have the information but I'm not posting it - Joecool


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,324

    Re: LOL Thread on Amway and other MLMs

    Quote Originally Posted by IBOFightBack View Post
    I had someone in my group do something similar with a prospect. Appalling.
    I don't think this is an indictment of Amway or MLM as much as it is the desperation of people to make it.

    In my limited experience the personality types of people that became involved in MLM were the types that would pull a trick like that. Granted I have known maybe 20 or 30 so it's a pretty small sample size. These are the same people that get pissed off when you don't want to participate.

    I still think if people would put the time and energy into a conventional business they would make a lot more money and annoy a lot less people. If you have the ability to network and grow your Rolodex and have a professional demeanor it's not that hard to make low to mid 6 figures in a professional sales job. Better yet, start your own business.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: LOL Thread on Amway and other MLMs

    Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    If you have the ability to network and grow your Rolodex and have a professional demeanor it's not that hard to make low to mid 6 figures in a professional sales job.
    Sure, but if you stop selling, the sales stop. Do it properly that doesn't happen network marketing

    Better yet, start your own business.
    Apart from needing a marketable idea, you generally need a lot more capital and risk a lot more starting traditional businesses.

    I'd venture that for the same amount of effort the success rate is higher in MLM. The difference is people tend to put a lot more effort in to traditional ventures, since they're risking more.

    MLM is really easy not to do.

    New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....


    Why the f-u-c-k do you need evidence all the time? - Zapticon
    You know that I don't provide proof of my claims - Once Upon A Time
    I have the information but I'm not posting it - Joecool


  13. #13
    James R's Avatar
    James R is offline I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it! User Rank
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,651

    Re: LOL Thread on Amway and other MLMs

    Quote Originally Posted by IBOFightBack View Post
    I had someone in my group do something similar with a prospect. Appalling.
    I's called deception and lying.

    It is appalling.

    And this guy thinks it's perfectly OK...WOW!
    Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
    Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.


    Here's a good one....
    "That's why I changed my 'story'".
    Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,324

    Re: LOL Thread on Amway and other MLMs

    Quote Originally Posted by IBOFightBack View Post
    I'd venture that for the same amount of effort the success rate is higher in MLM.

    I assume there are no numbers to back that up. Every single person I know who got an engineering degree is making 100k plus. Every single person I know with an accounting degree same deal. In fact any non fluff degree almost assures you of at least six figures. A person could start back to school right now working full time and complete a degree in under six years. Much less if they have some hours. The web is full of stories of people who tried in vain for year after year in MLM and made nada. Devote that time you would have spent trying MLM to a degree and I assure you 99% will do way better.

    MLM is really easy not to do.
    Hence the 99% failure rate?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: LOL Thread on Amway and other MLMs

    Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    I assume there are no numbers to back that up. Every single person I know who got an engineering degree is making 100k plus. Every single person I know with an accounting degree same deal. In fact any non fluff degree almost assures you of at least six figures.
    Every single person I know who put as much effort in to an MLM as is required to get an engineering degree is making a lot more than that.

    A person could start back to school right now working full time and complete a degree in under six years.
    In the United States, median time from joining (not from starting to work, just from registering) to Diamond is about 6 years. That gives you a very decent 6 figure income part-time - and no student debt.

    Much less if they have some hours. The web is full of stories of people who tried in vain for year after year in MLM and made nada.
    I had a girl in my group. She came all to the meetings, said all the right things, everyone, including us, thought she was working hard. Year in year out. But no results. Rarely sponsored, never had anyone at a major seminar. We did notice she kept missing one of the key recommended steps - regular counselling with her upline. When we finally got to sit with her and go through her diary for the past year, we discovered she had done a sum total of 15 business presentations. For the entire year. That's how many your supposed to do every month if you want to grow your business.

    She looked busy, and spent a lot of time and money "on" her business, but wasn't actually doing it.

    Devote that time you would have spent trying MLM to a degree and I assure you 99% will do way better.
    I've got multiple degrees. I've built a profitable MLM business. I've built a number of profitable companies.

    I disagree with your assessment.

    Hence the 99% failure rate?
    If you haven't tried, then you haven't failed.

    New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....


    Why the f-u-c-k do you need evidence all the time? - Zapticon
    You know that I don't provide proof of my claims - Once Upon A Time
    I have the information but I'm not posting it - Joecool


  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,434

    Re: LOL Thread on Amway and other MLMs

    Quote Originally Posted by IBOFightBack View Post
    I had a girl in my group. She came all to the meetings, said all the right things, everyone, including us, thought she was working hard. Year in year out. But no results. Rarely sponsored, never had anyone at a major seminar. We did notice she kept missing one of the key recommended steps - regular counselling with her upline. When we finally got to sit with her and go through her diary for the past year, we discovered she had done a sum total of 15 business presentations. For the entire year. That's how many your supposed to do every month if you want to grow your business.

    She looked busy, and spent a lot of time and money "on" her business, but wasn't actually doing it.
    For all you know, she contacted thousands of people and only 15 agreed to see the plan.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Similar Threads

  1. Amway Sues Man For Selling Amway Products
    By Joecool44 in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 204
    Last Post: 10-09-2013, 07:41 PM
  2. The Great Amway Scam Resource Thread
    By Doc Bunkum in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 02-13-2013, 12:25 PM
  3. Do Amway Reps Actually Sell Amway Products?
    By Joecool44 in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-26-2012, 09:35 PM
  4. Amway 17% growth in 2011! Amway U.S. not so much.
    By BoxAlarm126 in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-24-2012, 04:29 PM
  5. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-24-2007, 11:26 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •