+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mate Jewellery

Mate Jewellery

Hey all, new here... just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Mate Jewellery? They say if you sign up and sent them $79.99 within a week you will receive a box containing materials to make bracelets.... they also say you can make up to $570.00 a week by sending in your completed bracelets... does anyone know anything about this? I'm looking for a legitimate work-from-home business, and I'm getting desperate, please help!!!!

Re: Mate Jewellery

[B]save yourself the money! they are a scam, i sent them 79.90 a month ago. cheque cashed 2 weeks ago and i aint got a thing to show for it. and if you look around this website there are tons of people who got ripped off by them. they used to be called bela jewellery and show jewellery

a friend of my did the same as you in dec.2006 ,well he got something to show for it,but believe me it wasn't worth the 79.90 they got him for.it would take a week or more just to make one bracelet,there no way he could have made money on this one or any of the other someone esle has him going on.this is one guy they're making money on,but he's not.

i got a letter today from mate jewellry in the mail and they still using bela jewellry name and jewellery assembly,the three of them are on the letter I got.

theresa

Quote Originally Posted by hillarydoucette View Post
    Hey all, new here... just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Mate Jewellery? They say if you sign up and sent them $79.99 within a week you will receive a box containing materials to make bracelets.... they also say you can make up to $570.00 a week by sending in your completed bracelets... does anyone know anything about this? I'm looking for a legitimate work-from-home business, and I'm getting desperate, please help!!!!
    :this is a scam...i just got caught in it too...save your money.we were stupid should have checked before we proceed.

hi, if ever you find something to work from home, go to google type in better business bureau, you can do investigations on almost all the companies like that, and it will tell you all the complaints they had, i saw mate jewellery aswell, and i thought it was too good to be true, so i looked into it, they had 115 complaints in 36 months, and 80$ to start seemed a little much, its temping, but i dont wanna lose that money.... good luck on finding something

Hey ! New to this, but me to today received mail from mate jewellery boy did it sound good, but started doing my resseach and found lots, first went on 411 to look up for a phone number and this is what i got with the address privided,

AGF Technologies

Address : 24-155 East Beaver Creek Road, Richmond Hill, ON L4B 2N1
    Telephone : 905-883-8749
    Category : Industrial Equipment & Supplies
    Directory : Richmond Hill

as you can see it is a equipment company...

thank god i did not send anything.... Thank-you for all the response. Love this site i'm sure it helps lot of people.....

people that are interested in signing up with mate jewellery keep your money... it is a big fat SCAM....

I just received my start up kit from Mate Jewellery today but didn't get the sample bracelet they promised with my enrollment fee. There's no way I can make a bracelet without seeing a finished product first, because the instructions they give are not easy to understand. Has anyone received a sample bracelet? I'm curious too, if someone did actually purchase the $61.00 materials for the box of 30 bracelets and completed them...did the company actually pay you ???? Has anyone received a cheque from Mate Jewellery?

Quote Originally Posted by hillarydoucette View Post
    I dealt with them once, got the package, got the sample bracelet...in my opinion it would take a rocket scientist to understand the vague instructions they give on how to make a bracelet.

At any rate, I reported mate jewelery to the BBB and within 4 days they responded and promised to give my money back if I mail them back their package. I received a credit back on my cc less than 2 days later...without even having mailed the package back. If you've been scammed by them, the filing a complaint with the BBB might be the way to go...that's how I got my cash back. That was over a year ago thou, in Oct of 06
    Msg me if u need more info! :sunglasses:

Quote Originally Posted by miz_flow View Post
    I dealt with them once, got the package, got the sample bracelet...in my opinion it would take a rocket scientist to understand the vague instructions they give on how to make a bracelet.

At any rate, I reported mate jewelery to the BBB and within 4 days they responded and promised to give my money back if I mail them back their package. I received a credit back on my cc less than 2 days later...without even having mailed the package back. If you've been scammed by them, the filing a complaint with the BBB might be the way to go...that's how I got my cash back. That was over a year ago thou, in Oct of 06
    Msg me if u need more info! :sunglasses:
    Hi im having a similar problem, got the package and cant figure out how to make the bracelet, plus they didnt include a sample, plus no written guarantee they would buy anything from me, i went to the BBB for greater Toronto and it didnt give me an option for filing a complaint, could you email me the link you used? i would LOVE to file a complaint and thanks in advance!!!

Hi Folks,
    Just got a letter in the mail from these folks asking to join so very glad there are sites like this 'and' the BBB for information. I believe this site and the BBB just saved me from wasting some money. If you are at all interested then here's the latest BBB report: http://www.bbbmwo.ca/commonreport.html?bid=1148062